Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian y chromosome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian y chromosome
    Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 23:22
Originally posted by shinai

Omshanti

The N2, o,and Q are central and east asian markers, R also belongs to central asian,east european, and indians. the total precentage of them in north of Iran is 45% and in south is 26 %.

Thank you Shinai for replying, I thought my posts were going to be ignored. I have to admit that I have absolutely no knowledge about genetic markers. I have some questions.

1. where does the study mention specific numbers of percentage such as 45% , 26% , 18% Mongolian, 50% Central Asian or 4% African...etc?

2. As Zagros wrote haplogroups can not be related to race. Is it really possible to say exactly which genetic marker belongs to which region or which ethnic group such as Mongolian, African, Central Asian ,Turkic....etc?

3. If the result of the study shows what you have been saying, then why does the article itself (which must have been written by the people who did the study) say something different from it?

Edited by omshanti - 06-Feb-2007 at 23:24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12