Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Languages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Languages
    Posted: 20-Jun-2010 at 10:28
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

I m not racist. That is what Iranians and Persians are. As can be seen from opression of Southern Azeris.

You said Turkic peoples are superiors and you talk of Arabs, Afghanis, and Pakistani's as if they are an inferior people... These were your words not mine:

Turkic are superior, I m not obessed with it.

You've also made several derogatory comments about Afghanistan and Pakistan and Persians. On top of that you have insulted users as well.

You claim to be a grown man, yet you sure dont act like one.

Furthermore, you know as well as I do that there are no such things as "Southern" Azaris, there are only Azaris.

No, I did not said that they were inferior peoples. I said they are your neigbhours.

And why do you think so? Look at this, whole stadium says "Azerbaijan is ours, "Afghanistan is yours" referring to Persians.

This is in Tabriz, occupied Southern Azerbaijan.

Of course there are Southern Azeris. Those who live in occupied Southern Azerbaijan, occupied by Iran.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 20-Jun-2010 at 10:28
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2010 at 10:34
There is no "Southern" Azerbaijan, we've already been through this. There is Azerbaijan (Iran) and the Republic of Azerbaijan (Caucasus).

And like I said before, propaganda travels fast and fools a lot of people, especially in the developing world. Hell, 30 years ago the parents of all of these kids, and my parents, and most Iranians, were easily fooled into supporting a theocratic dictatorship.

I have no doubt in my mind that those chanting such slogans actually believe what they are saying, but the truth is they are misguided and they are being manipulated.

The truth is, all the countries of the region deal with separatist issues such as this. Turkey has the Kurds, Azerbaijan has the Armenians, etc...

The situation is a lot more complicated that "this is my land" and "that is your land". Large parts of Azarbaijan have Kurdish inhabitants. Many times, Kurdish, Armenian, and Azari land claims over lap. Such movements are doomed to fail because they shoot themselves in the foot.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 20-Jun-2010 at 10:36
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Joker View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 10:39

I m not racist. That is what Iranians and Persians are. As can be seen from opression of Southern Azeris.

You said Turkic peoples are superiors and you talk of Arabs, Afghanis, and Pakistani's as if they are an inferior people... These were your words not mine:

Turkic are superior, I m not obessed with it.

You've also made several derogatory comments about Afghanistan and Pakistan and Persians. On top of that you have insulted users as well.

You claim to be a grown man, yet you sure dont act like one.

Furthermore, you know as well as I do that there are no such things as "Southern" Azaris, there are only Azaris.

No, I did not said that they were inferior peoples. I said they are your neigbhours.

And why do you think so? Look at this, whole stadium says "Azerbaijan is ours, "Afghanistan is yours" referring to Persians.

This is in Tabriz, occupied Southern Azerbaijan.

Of course there are Southern Azeris. Those who live in occupied Southern Azerbaijan, occupied by Iran.

Hahahahah
It was the funiest joke i've ever seen.
So Azerbaijan Republic occupied Talyshistan, Lezgistan, Avarstan. Big smile
LONG LIVE TALYSH.
Joker View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 10:48
I am talysh. Talyshians are one of Iranian group.And separated by Azerbaijan and Iran.
Our language is very old.
LONG LIVE TALYSH.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 15:23
Originally posted by Joker

I am talysh. Talyshians are one of Iranian group.And separated by Azerbaijan and Iran.

So were you born in Azerbaijan or Iran or somewhere else?
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Joker View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 03:18

Originally posted by Joker

So were you born in Azerbaijan or Iran or somewhere else?

I was born in Baku(Azerbaijan).But i had lived in Moscow 14 years. After Moscow i arrived in Baku.But here I saw nationalism in relation to Talyshians, ridicule, and more .. After that I began to call myself Talysh everywhere. And i began to learn history of my nation and more more..
LONG LIVE TALYSH.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2010 at 16:27
Can someone tell me the some of the differences between Farsi and Tajik? Is their major differences or just a few small ones?
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2010 at 12:13
Does anyone know what migh be the root for the word Children in my dialect of Kurmanji, we say Zovech and Kuffat(not used by other Kurmanjis,i think). 

Edited by Ince - 26-Sep-2010 at 12:14
illidan1371 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote illidan1371 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2010 at 10:56
there is no difference between tajik and persian language...only a little dialect differences that are ignorable.and in truth its is the azerbaijan republic who that is occupied by russians in qajar times...so both the azerbaijan state in iran and the SO CALLED COUNTRY of azerbaijan are parts of iran XD
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2010 at 19:07
Originally posted by illidan1371

there is no difference between tajik and persian language...only a little dialect differences that are ignorable.and in truth its is the azerbaijan republic who that is occupied by russians in qajar times...so both the azerbaijan state in iran and the SO CALLED COUNTRY of azerbaijan are parts of iran XD

As Kurd I find Tajik more easier to understand then Farsi.  I think it is the same for Tajik speakers, as I have noticed that Tajiks also find Kurdish more easier to understand then Farsi speakers do, judging by comments by Tajiks on Youtube.

SonOfIran View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote SonOfIran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2010 at 23:03
Emil is the good ol' troll that goes by the name of Zakali and Quzeyli. Regardless of what you throw at him, his brainwashed mind will never accept it.

Do yourselves a favour and stop arguing with him.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2010 at 17:49
Tajik is a more pure form of Persian, the Persian spoken in Iran has a lot of "foreign" words in it.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2010 at 09:01

You are, sir, a racist.  A sneaky subtle one but a racist just the same.  I've seen posts by you over the last2-3 years.  Your very good at couching your ideas in what appears to be acceptable language.  The language is acceptable, the ideas are not. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2010 at 15:16

lol what has azerbaijan acheived? why are they so racist, i have noticed this before, the lands you hate, lraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan are lands of great civilizations, what has your azerbaijan achieved???LOL

Edited by balochii - 04-Oct-2010 at 15:17
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2010 at 16:07
Balochii,  If it doesn't have anything to do with Iranian languages, put a sock in it.  That goes doubly for Simba and Diniyev.

I am sick and tired of seeing thread after thread hijacked and thrown off topic.  I'm going to start giving one week vacations to violators.

If someone had made me aware of this thread when Diniyev was making these posts, I could have made some..........adjustments. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2010 at 16:24
^ sorry i know its not for this thread, but some people just annoy me thinking they are superior for no reason at all. I'll stop now
kutbolsun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kutbolsun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2011 at 00:27
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

If you cansider modern Persian, Turkic languages have certainly had a strong influence on our language, it can be said at least one half of modern Persians words have Turkic, Arabic and Mongolic origins, of course it is not difficult to distinguish these words from otiginal Persian words, for example we know there is no q (ق) sound in Persian, so all words in Persian with sound have either Turkic or Arabic origin, of course Turkic word seems to be much more, if you just open the "Q" sections of a Persian dictionary then you will find hundreds Turkic words, like Qab "Plate, Dish", Qablama "Steam-tight", Qabuq "Skin", Qaen "Brother of husband", ...

About Ashkani Pahlavi and Sassanid Pahlavi, these are really similar to each other and modern Persian-speaking people can understand both languages, of course there are some differences between these languages, for example this is trilingual (Greek, Parthian and Persian) inscription of Ardashir I, the founder of Sassanid empire, in Naghsh-i-Rustam:

Ashkani Pahlavi (Pathian):

Patkar im mazdyazn bagh Artaxshathr, shahan shah Aryan, ki chihr azh yaztan, puhr bagh Papak shah.

Sassanid Pahlavi (Middle Persian):

Patkar in mazdyasn bagh Artaxshathr, shahan shah Iran, ke chithr hach yazdan, pus bagh Papak shah.

Modern Persian:

In Peykar khodaygan mazdiasn Ardashir, shahanshah-e Iran, ke chehr az yazdan, pesar-e khodaygan Babak shah [ast].

English:

This is the worshipper of Mazda the lord Ardashir, the king of kings of Iran, whose face resembles that of God and is the son of the lord Papak Shah.
can you give me some links or artcles or websites about the influence of turkic languages on Persian?  i would be pleased if you can.
thanks.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2012 at 08:29
Just noticed on wiki about bulgarian language.  Is just coincidence that it shares some similarties with Northern Kurdish languages? or is it something do to interaction?. 

I know Kurmanji is most probably the most distant Kurdish dialect from Persian after Hawramni.

english persian zazaki kurmanci bulgarian
i know midânam ez dizono ez dizanim az znam
you know midâni ti dizana tu dizanî ti znayş
i don't know nemidânam ez nizon ez nizanim az neznam
you don't know nemidâni ti nizona tu nizanî ti niznayş
a dog sag kûtik kûtchik (kûçik) kutche (kûçe

Edited by Ince - 29-Mar-2012 at 08:34
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2012 at 02:45
The difference between those Kurdish languages and Persian seems to be similar to the difference between Avestan and Persian, one of these differences is "z" to "d" sound change, for example Avestan "zraya" (sea) is "darya" in Persian, the phrase "you don't know" in Persian is in fact "tu nadâni" (The famous song of Fereydun with this name, http://www.tirip.com/g.htm?id=13629), like Kurmanji "tu nizani",
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2012 at 08:09
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

The difference between those Kurdish languages and Persian seems to be similar to the difference between Avestan and Persian, one of these differences is "z" to "d" sound change, for example Avestan "zraya" (sea) is "darya" in Persian, the phrase "you don't know" in Persian is in fact "tu nadâni" (The famous song of Fereydun with this name, http://www.tirip.com/g.htm?id=13629), like Kurmanji "tu nizani",

In most Kurmanjis it should be Nazani or Nezani or in my dialect Nazoni. 

One of the biggest differences between Kurmanji and Persian is that Kurmanji has had many changes like for example.   In many words words that end with M change to W/V.  Cham(eye) has become Chaw/Chav.   Kurmanji also has dropped the D in middle of words, where  it is present heavely in Persian and southern Kurdish and Zazaki.   Kirdin>Kirin, Birada>Bira, Xwardin>Xwarin.   

What Kurmanji and Persian do share is the same sound shifts, with the w/v>b/g and wv>Xh that is not present in southern Kurdish which is why many people cluster Kurmanji close to Persian.  Sorani even tho similar to Kurmanji has been influenced by Gorani but retains some things that Kurmanji has dropped with Kirdin instead on Kirin. 

Here is a another language compare, you might be interested in.

Feyli Kelhuri Soranî Kurmanji Laki Hewrami English
wehar wehar behar, wehar behar, bihar wehar, vihar wehar spring
tawsan tawsan hawîn, tawsan havîn tawsan hamîn summer
payîz payîz payîz pahîz, payîz payîz payîz autumn
waran waran baran, werişt baran varan, waran, veşt waran, weşt rain
çaw çaw çaw çav çem çem eye
dut dut kiç keç, dot dit, afiret kinaçê girl
kurr kurr kurr kurr kurr kurr boy
gurdalle gurdalle gurçîle gurçik gurdalle wellk kidney
rêwêar rêwêar rêbwar rêbwar, rêwî rêvêar rawyar wayfarer
minall minall minall, mindall zarok ayîl zarolle child
xwem xwem xom ez bi xwe wijim wêm myself
minîş minîş minîş ez jî / min jî minîş minîç me too
keftin keftin kewtin ketin ketin kewtey to fall
xistin xistin hawêştin avêtin aîtin, aîştin - to throw
(mi) hatim (mi) hatim (min) hatim ez hatim (mi) hetim - I came
(mi) xwem/xwerim (mi) xwem/dixwim (min) exwem/dexom ez dixwim (mi) merim/mexwim min meweru I eat
(mi) nan xwardim (mi) nan xwardim (min) nanim xward min nan xuard (mi) nanim hward - I ate the meal
(mi) nan xwem (mi) nan xwem (min) nan dexwim ez nanê di xwum (mi) nane merim/mexwim - I am eating the meal
(mi) nan xwardisim (mi) na xwardêam (min) nanim dexward min nan di xuard (mi) nanme mehward - I was eating the meal
(mi) hatime (mi) hatime (min) hatûme ez hatime (mi) hetime - I have come
(mi) hatoîm (mi) hatoîm (min) hatibûm ez hatibûm (mi) hetoîm - I had come

Edited by Ince - 30-Mar-2012 at 08:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112