Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Osama’s fight to ban oil for the US?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osama’s fight to ban oil for the US?
    Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 21:38
Just a day or two ago,Osama Bin Laden released yet another video,this time urging the middle eastern people to stop selling oil to the US.What is your take on this?Will it happen?

In Honor
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 21:52
Nothing will happen, what's Bin Laden going to do about it?

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 21:57
Nothing really in my opinion,he threatened us before and did absolutely nothing.I just wanted to know what people think about this.

In Honor
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 06:27
If any country in the Middle East will stop selling oil to the USA, it'll be attacked or couped by the Western countries.
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 09:43

good luck convincing businessmen to stop making bucketloads of money, Osama

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 10:24

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

If any country in the Middle East will stop selling oil to the USA, it'll be attacked or couped by the Western countries.

who will dare?

china is our next big market.

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 13:01
Heres the plan, we create a new way of getting energy without oil, and we don't have to suck up to those basta*d middle eastern countries. They will be left in the dust.

Edited by Christscrusader
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 14:16

eh

do your plan  then

and while you are doing it keep

Sucking

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 18:44

were it not for oil the Middle East would have less relevence today than Mozambique, hell at least you can grow crops in Mozambique.

Yes if we cut off the oil dependacy half of Osamas funding and most of the middle east despots will fade away, kind of ironic when you think of how the US is funding the middle east and by extention terrorism.  But then again the US is practically married into the evil oil monarch market, talk about conflict of interests...

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 19:19

Trouble is he's little more than GWB's patsy for 9/11, but the US government has built him up into some kind of demigog. The only weight his words carry is US media hype but US media hype is a pretty powerful thing.

Own goal number one was sending in the CIA to arm and train islamic fundementalists in terrorism tactics to fight the Russians in Afghanistan. You'd think a lesson would be learnt. Instead own goal number two followed, a bunch of clueless cowboys have been turned into the new Red Menace. The real (not the media version) OBL could organise a piss up in a brewery.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 21:24

The US is too dependent on the oil industry,perhaps nearly every industrialized country in this world is too dependent on oil.This dependent on oil is greatly hurting most the countries too dependent on it.If Osama was to do anything,he'd send his men to the bidding.They might bomb the threatened countries or whatever.The countries will of course have some force to back them up.No one knows what'll happen,however do you think that the Middle East will be so willing to give in to Osama,I don't think so.No one has found him,no one is bothering because they're too busy wasting their time in Iraq,dying for something that just might not happen with all the attacks bewildering Iraq's progression.

Sure its media,but we can't be so arrogant as we were a decade ago when George W Bush's father issued a same attack on a war that would continue to go into the millenium.To waste lives on oil is so idiotic.Most of what the troops are fighting there for is to take control of the oil,just in case if the Iraqi people or other middle eastern people shut down their supplies to the US for disrupting their peace.Sure,its media talk,but so is the talk for the fight for Iraq to be a free country.Now,Iraq is a battlefield of bloody bombs,and the dead.For what purpose?This isn't just about the shutting of oils,but the lives that are being lost now because of the US involvement in the fight for Iraqi freedom.

Iraq wasn't as violent as it is now without Saddam being there.Its turned into a death barring wasteland.Osama could do whatever he wants,but if the US and the other countries just retaliate to this threat,Osama would be getting what he wants.He'd be comfortable knowing that people are dying because of something that we really don't even need.Wow,cars and other stuff that is polluting our environment,like thats something to die for,when the cost will be much higher in the future than it is now.Osame might do it,maybe not.I know I'm getting off topic,but I must speak my opinion on this,like all of you have.

In Honor
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 22:26

haha its so amusing to read azimuth's comments

"who will dare attack an arab oil nation?"...as if attacking an arab country is political suicide

everyone in the middle east (besides israel) who complains about the US getting too involved in their nations has good news...in 10 years, we won't care about you anymore!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 04:24
Originally posted by Murph

"who will dare attack an arab oil nation?"...as if attacking an arab country is political suicide

I thought he meant which Arab oil nation will dare to stop delivering oil to the western countries.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 08:48
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

I thought he meant which Arab oil nation will dare to stop delivering oil to the western countries.

no i meant who will dare to  attack us

remmember 1973 oil crisis  who made it    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_energy_crisis

it was the arabs  and no one attacked us

and Murph

it will be very good news if the USA wont need us in 10 years

but i dont think that is true

Israel needs US involvment in the ME

without the US,   Israeli-Palistinans problem will be solved much much faster

Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 09:19
Originally posted by azimuth

[

without the US,   Israeli-Palistinans problem will be solved much much faster

because one side will be completely anhilated by the other?

Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 09:23

remmember 1973 oil crisis  who made it    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_energy_crisis

[/QUOTE

the US was a little preoccupied at the time with this little thing called the Vietnam War

the US was a little preoccupied at the time with this little thing called the Vietnam War

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 09:27

[/QUOTE

if it was Little then such powerfull Country wont have a problem fighting more tham one side.

anyway they didnt attack and that is the FACT.

if it was Little then such powerfull Country wont have a problem fighting more tham one side.

anyway they didnt attack and that is the FACT.

Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 09:37

sorry, i guess you didn't comprehend my sarcasm

when i called the Vietnam War "little" i was being sarcastic...the Vietnam War was a huge war for America

also, there were anti-war riots all across America...how would they have reacted to another war?

in regards to your "fact", you're correct, no one attacked.  but i think you'll agree that the situation over the past 30 years has changed drastically, and i feel that the Western powers are less hesitant to go to war in the middle east now than they were in 1973

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 09:56

in regards to your "fact", you're correct, no one attacked.  but i think you'll agree that the situation over the past 30 years has changed drastically, and i feel that the Western powers are less hesitant to go to war in the middle east now than they were in 1973

let the US and its "allies" get controle of Iraq first

and by the way how much did the US spent already in Iraq war so far?( from the american population pocket)

and did they really restored the "Free Afganistan"?

and did they stopped the Alqaida threats with thier WAR against Terror?

hmmm

i think they will "hesitat"  again

but anyway i dont think any middel eastern country will stop selling oil to whoever since they have huge development plans for the Future.

Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 10:02
How do you feel about the reports that the oil reserves in the Middle East are within years of being depleted?
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>