Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solution to the Balkan crisis?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solution to the Balkan crisis?
    Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 02:30
Bulldog, here is a map for a perspective

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=6220&rendTypeId=4

Those parts that are with solid green are majority populated territories.

Edited by Theodore Felix - 18-Feb-2008 at 02:45
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 05:35
When you find me a single map of a Serb state before 1912 that includes Kosovo,i will doubt my opinion,but ther simply does not exist one.

The Serbia of King Stephen Dushan.......

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 06:40
All the best to Kosovo. And pray this European experiement works, since these statelets are only viable with Pax Europa.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 10:09
Originally posted by Flipper

Heroi do you think all these "GREAT" things bring peace into the Balkans?
Of course i dont.But in the other hand i think that there is no such think as greater Albania.That i dont suport this states for sake of peace i have already mentioned in my post.Wink
Me pune,me perpjekje.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 10:14
Originally posted by Bulldog

HEROI how many Albanians are there outside Albania? where do they reside in the Balkans?

You say its Albanians right to live under Albanian rule, then what about minorities in Albania?

Well,exept Greece,the borders of Albania are populated by Albanian people.I am talking about overwelming majority of a region,not just a few villages here and there.Thats the point.Imagine 90 percent of Iraq being Turks,living just across the border of Turky,would not it be fair they were ruled by Turky,or themselves??????
Why should they be ruled by an minority of 10 % ?????
Me pune,me perpjekje.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 10:16
Originally posted by Leonidas

i expect Heroi will be in full support to hand over some villagers, and we'll take the Vlachs as wellWink
Leonidas,i never spoke of that.

But imagine this scenario.
90% of Macedonia being populated by Greeks,living just across the border of Greece.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 10:20
Originally posted by JanusRook

When you find me a single map of a Serb state before 1912 that includes Kosovo,i will doubt my opinion,but ther simply does not exist one.

The Serbia of King Stephen Dushan.......

I am sorry man,but i am not as thick as not to know what you have brough here.
I said a map of the Serb state that includes Kosovo.This is a map of Dushan empire.Acording to this map Serbia has a right to rule Greece,Bullgaria,parts of Rumania and Hungary,parts of Bosnia and Croatia,and Albania.While Macedonia today is given the right to rule half of the world acording to this maps.

Come on man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Be serious.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 20:54
Hello to you all

There are three ways for finalizing the Balkan problem:

1- For Turkey to reoccupy it excluding Greece since Turks are the only minority present in all the Balkan nations with large numbers.

2-Nuke the entire Penunsula and mover all the world's stateless people instead with defined borders

3- Reshape the map. Carve Bulgaria's southern provinces out, unite them and western Thrace with mother Turkey. Establish Greater Albania including northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Sandjak, Western Montenegro and Epirus. Split the rest of Macedonia Between Greece and Bulgaria. Join Srpska with mother Serbia and carve Voijdovina out and fuse it with Hungary. And finally, either join Bosnia with Albania to form a muslim state or unite it with Croatia in a federal state.

Al-Jassas
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 22:31

So, Al-Jassas's solution is.......there is no solution.

Six pages to finally understand the reality.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 03:39
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello to you all

1- For Turkey to reoccupy it excluding Greece since Turks are the only minority present in all the Balkan nations with large numbers.

2-Nuke the entire Penunsula and mover all the world's stateless people instead with defined borders

3- Reshape the map. Carve Bulgaria's southern provinces out, unite them and western Thrace with mother Turkey. Establish Greater Albania including northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Sandjak, Western Montenegro and Epirus. Split the rest of Macedonia Between Greece and Bulgaria. Join Srpska with mother Serbia and carve Voijdovina out and fuse it with Hungary. And finally, either join Bosnia with Albania to form a muslim state or unite it with Croatia in a federal state.

Al-Jassas

Bosnia does not want to be with either, Srpska has a rising population of former emigres who are not Orthodox, Sandjak has a large slavic population that proclaims itself Bosniak. Greater Albania is not feasible as their numbers in these regions are supported by recent demographic changes and not historic reality. There are Turkish minorities throughout the Balkans however outside of Bulgaria they are not that sizeable. Croats outside of Hercegovina are emigrating to Croatia.
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 03:48
Anyway, if we are talking through opinions:

- Unite Kosovo and Albania
- Break up Bosnia (Give the Croatian part to Croatia and Serbian part to Serbia, and keep the Muslim predominant area independent).
- Population exchange between Preshevo Albanians and Mitrovica Serbs to promote homogeneity. if Bosnia wants to keep Srpska, then a population exchange could occur between Muslim Sancak and Christian RS.

This way Serbia would be appeased and Bosnia would no longer need international
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 06:28
I said a map of the Serb state that includes Kosovo.This is a map of Dushan empire.Acording to this map Serbia has a right to rule Greece,Bullgaria,parts of Rumania and Hungary,parts of Bosnia and Croatia,and Albania.While Macedonia today is given the right to rule half of the world acording to this maps.

Well you could say those nations have just as much right to claim those regions as Greece has claiming Istanbul and Asia Minor.

Oh and I thought I was being dead serious. Saying it is "Dushan's Empire" is a bit downgrading the achievements of the serbian king, it isn't his fault his successors weren't as well successful as he. I mean are we to call the Carolinian Frankish Empire, "Charlemagne's Empire". No, because the historical legacy is imprinted into the psyche of the people's under his rule.

Oh and this is from wiki (just waiting for the calls on bias, even tho' I'm sure the article has been taken over by pro-serb and anti-serb nationalists thus creating a more or less unbiased article.)

Perhaps the greatest of all Serbian leaders, Duan, along with his son Stefan Uro V, was one of only two true emperors of Serbia. Under his rule Serbia reached its territorial peak and, as the Serbian Empire was one of the larger states in Europe at the time.

Sounds pretty Serbian to me....
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 13:23

Oh yes, a new civil war in the Balkans...excellent solution mate

Oh, this is one of the best....I have a better idea let's grind down to dust every standing thing in here

This is the worst of all...

For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 13:50

Hello to you all

Al-Jassas

Even though I overlooked the CoC violations of this post keep in mind that humor is only funny when your audience is laughing. Try better next time.
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 15:40
Do you really believe the completely unrealistic (I refrain from calling them idiotic), solutions you provided could work? Only as a joke
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 16:37
Hello to you all

First of all sorry for any offenses cause by me or any violations because I thought debate was fully open.

It seems that there are a few here who want to crucify me. Anyway of course non of the solution is realistic because the situation in the Balkan is surreal. A country threatening with doom and gloom just because one of its provinces share the same name with its neighbouring country, Everyone hates the other and enemies can become allies in just days. I just wrote my suggestions to indicate that attempting to solve this problme is insane unless people's attitudes change and unfortuanately they are not, on the contrary nationalism is on the rise that is what makes the future of this region bleak. Even if Kosovo were to be given full autonomy and the Albanians accepted that a Milosovic like nationalist is sure to come to the reigns of power in Serbia and do what what he did back in 1990.

Sorry for any offense I caused again.

Al-Jassas

Edited by Al Jassas - 19-Feb-2008 at 16:43
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 18:55
No offense (atleast I do not feel it), mate, just your solution is unrealistic :)
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 19:23
I read a lot of discussion and no real potential answer to the problem... 
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 21:33
Originally posted by Yugoslav

I read a lot of discussion and no real potential answer to the problem... 

There is no "answer" that would not (most likely) be worse than the problem. 

Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 16:19
Originally posted by HEROI

Originally posted by Bulldog

HEROI how many Albanians are there outside Albania? where do they reside in the Balkans?

You say its Albanians right to live under Albanian rule, then what about minorities in Albania?

Well,exept Greece,the borders of Albania are populated by Albanian people.I am talking about overwelming majority of a region,not just a few villages here and there.Thats the point.Imagine 90 percent of Iraq being Turks,living just across the border of Turky,would not it be fair they were ruled by Turky,or themselves??????
Why should they be ruled by an minority of 10 % ?????

Why should 95% at North of Kosovo ruled by 1% then?

BTW I don't understand why you do not consider medieval Serbia a "Serb state" - upon that heritage Serbia was renewed.
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>