Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The future of Karabakh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The future of Karabakh
    Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 13:24
Originally posted by Datuna

[
You're right Chargemaster. Mostly those who speak about nombers they're Disgusting, as well as one "Great" georgian said- 'Death of one man is tragedy, but of million-statistics".

Altough, I loathe that Djugashvili guy, he was correct there from a Social Psychology point of view. When we hear a death news like someone killed in a traffic accident on the telly, we feel sad.really bad..but when we hear about the death toll in iraq, it is kinda that death is somthing but ordinary.

And dear mamikon and chargemaster, when it comes to term genocide, it is not the death toll what matters but deliberately murdering  of a group of people. Please take a look at the 1948 Genocide Convention,which also argues that the convention could not be used for ''judging'' pre-WWII events.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 13:27
maybe you should take at the 1948 Genocide Convention; if the Armenians' intent had really been Genocide you would have Azeri deaths in hundreds of thousands not 613...lets not forget, many of the Azeri refugees had to pass through Armenian lands to get to Azerbaijan.

Edited by mamikon - 05-Sep-2006 at 13:28
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 14:26
Originally posted by mamikon

if the Armenians' intent had really been Genocide you would have Azeri deaths in hundreds of thousands not 613..

ho ho, how convenient to just cite the 613 and totall ignore the rest, the civilian death toll for Azerbaijan is in the tens of thousands.
Most of those Turks that passed were murdered in cold blood - scalping, cutting of penises, etc are all reported by human rights organizations, that I quoted before, but you haven't read anything.

The Armenian intent in Karabakh and its surrounding territories was to clean the from Azeri Turks, and they have succeeded in doing that.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 14:39
deaths in tens of thousands? Is this a joke? Care to show evidence?

by the way...every crime committed by Armenain irregulars has also been committed by the Azeries
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 14:41
what books have you read about the conlfict?

In none of them...even in the pro-Azeri, "Azerbaijani Diary" there is no mention of tens of thousands of dead Azeri civlians. What nonsense is this...
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 16:21
Originally posted by bg_turk

You have been looking for excuses to justify the seperatism of Karabakh Armenians, and while I find the "progroms" a legitimate conern that must be addressed in any future settlement, I think your allegation that Karabakh was economically or otherwise neglected absurd. I have never read of Karabakh being neglected economically in any of the papers that I have read of the subjects. If you could provide reputable sources assertint that on average the people of Karabakh were poorer than the people in other regions of Azerbaijan I would be happy to look into them.

Azerbaijan was a poor country, and both Armenians and Azeri Turks were equally affected by poverty and had to work hard to make the ends meet. The alleged poverty of Karabakh Armenian is a poor excuse for seperatism. Being poor does not give anybody the right to steal what rightfully belongs to others.

In many sources it will state that Karabakh Armenians accuse the Azeri government of economic neglect. They didn't even have a main road running through Karabakh until the Armenian diaspora had fundraisers and built one themselves.

Btw, I did not say this was the spark of the conflict. The unjust annexation and economic backwardness of the region was the fuel that was leaking for decades, and the pogrom was the spark that sent it all up in flames.

On the grounds of International law.
Karabakh is still de jure part of Azerbaijan, it is only a matter of time until it is also de facto so.

Ah yes, territorial integrity. The age-old argument. Again, where was Armenia's territorial integrity when Azerbaijan took control of those two Armenian provinces?

Also, when you use pogroms to get rid of minority populations like Azerbaijan did to the Armenians, that population has a right to defend itself. You have repeatedly called this self-defense a breach of "international law". Utter nonsense.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 04:56
There's smth about Armenians in conflict regions.

" Bagramian" battalion which gained its fame as most murderous battalion in Abkhazian civil war, became shameful image of Armenian chauvinism and hate toward Georgians and Georgia. The refugee Armenians, who found cozy shelter in Georgia ( Tbilisi, Lower Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti ) during the Russian Tzarism and then during the sovietization of Georgia, inspired by the imperial Russia's covered or obvious protection and help undertook the shameful anti Georgian acts of terror in Abkhazia and expansion dreaming about the restoration of " The Great Armenia" between the black and Caspian seas at the expense and ravishment of Georgian territories. For this reason the chauvinist Armenian groups must ones forever give up unreasonable claims on the Georgian land and culture.

Armenian Terror
click

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 06:19

" Bagramian" battalion which gained its fame as most murderous battalion in Abkhazian civil war, became shameful image of Armenian chauvinism and hate toward Georgians and Georgia. The refugee Armenians, who found cozy shelter in Georgia ( Tbilisi, Lower Kartli and Samtskhe-Javakheti ) during the Russian Tzarism and then during the sovietization of Georgia, inspired by the imperial Russia's covered or obvious protection and help undertook the shameful anti Georgian acts of terror in Abkhazia and expansion dreaming about the restoration of " The Great Armenia" between the black and Caspian seas at the expense and ravishment of Georgian territories. For this reason the chauvinist Armenian groups must ones forever give up unreasonable claims on the Georgian land and culture.

great now we have georgians getting the boot in. This quote is off topic and clearly flamatory Georgian propangada that doesnt belong  in this already sensative thread
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 06:32
Originally posted by Leonidas

great now we have georgians getting the boot in. This quote is off topic and clearly flamatory Georgian propangada that doesnt belong  in this already sensative thread

I was thinking about underlining that was linked to georgia as well, although there is a link wich is very interesting, but then i changed my mind thinking there cant be any bastards loathing Georgia unreasonably, but i was wrong, haven't had counted u.

Edited by Datuna - 06-Sep-2006 at 06:33
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 06:40

I was thinking about underlining that was linked to georgia as well, although there is a link wich is very interesting, but then i changed my mind thinking there cant be any bastards loathing Georgia unreasonably, but i was wrong, haven't had counted u.
watch your mouth

delete these posts please

Edited by Leonidas - 06-Sep-2006 at 06:41
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 07:13

Datuna, you have just earned a warning. Start behaving or your stay in this forum will be a very brief one.

Edited by Yiannis - 06-Sep-2006 at 07:16
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 09:17
Datuna I hope you are aware that Tbilisi (as well as Baku) had  a major Armenian population, even before WWI.

So maybe you should stop this propaganda crap...There are many more anti-Georgian sites than you can dream of.

Just because I dont post them here (the same goes for anti-Azeri propaganda sites) doesnt meant they dont exist...
Datuna View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Datuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 09:28

watch your mouth

delete these posts please

I'm not gonna lick what I once spat!
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 11:31
had  a major Armenian population

You mean a majority?
Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 12:29
yup
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 14:27

You mean a minority?

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 16:12
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Also, when you use pogroms to get rid of minority populations like Azerbaijan did to the Armenians, that population has a right to defend itself. You have repeatedly called this self-defense a breach of "international law". Utter nonsense.

Armenia got rid of as many as 200,000 Azeri Turks within her territories. Where was their right to defend themselves?

Self-defense does not involve ethnic cleansing and scorch earth policies against the indigenous population, and that is precisely why your alleged "self-defense", which I would rather call an agressive invasion and land grab, is against international law, and precisely why the cessionist entity remains unrecognized, and will remain unrecognized and in breach of international law until the day when every single refugee unjustly expelled from their land return to their rightfully owned homes!

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 16:51
Originally posted by mamikon

Datuna I hope you are aware that Tbilisi (as well as Baku) had  a major Armenian population, even before WWI.

I hope also you are aware that Armenia (nachcivan and many other city's) had a major Muslim population, also even before WW1...
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 17:31

Armenia got rid of as many as 200,000 Azeri Turks within her territories. Where was their right to defend themselves?

I never said it would be wrong for Azeris to take up arms against Armenians if in fact they were being kicked out of their homes. They had every right to do so, but the reality is they didn't do it, while the Armenians punished the Azeri authority severely for their mistake. Also, how are those refugees supposed to return to Armenia when Azerbaijan refuses to open the border?

And you never addressed what right Azerbaijan had in taking those provinces in the first place. Armenia's territorial integrity can be trampled on while Azerbaijan's has to be fully respected, just because some legal document says so? Legality doesn't always equate to justice.

Self-defense does not involve ethnic cleansing and scorch earth policies against the indigenous population, and that is precisely why your alleged "self-defense", which I would rather call an agressive invasion and land grab, is against international law, and precisely why the cessionist entity remains unrecognized, and will remain unrecognized and in breach of international law until the day when every single refugee unjustly expelled from their land return to their rightfully owned homes!

You call it land-grabbing, I call it justice (except for the expulsion of natives which Azerbaijan is also equally responsible for and initiated in 1988). Azerbaijan had no right to the land except for a Soviet annexation policy. All the subsequent international rights they had acquired for Karabakh were thus irrelevant. Also, as me and mamikon have said, the Azeris are guilty of everything they accuse the Armenians of. Does that mean the international community should not recognize Azerbaijan as well?

Originally posted by DayI

I hope also you are aware that Armenia (nachcivan and many other city's) had a major Muslim population, also even before WW1...

And I'm sure you're aware that except for modern Armenia and Georgia, which are tiny, all surrounding lands (including Nakhichevan) are populated exclusively by Muslims.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 06-Sep-2006 at 17:32
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 18:01
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

You call it land-grabbing, I call it justice .

Exactly, the gap in opinion is unbirdgeable.

We'd both be better off talking to a brick-wall rather than continuing this pointless discsussion ad infitum and ad nauseum, and turning it into a futile meaningless excercise in rhetorical skills.

I'm off.

Edited by bg_turk - 06-Sep-2006 at 18:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>