Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pork eating & christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pork eating & christmas
    Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 14:50
I don't know about the first part, but the reason christmas is celebrated on dec, 25 is mainly because the priests were trying to get the pagans to accept christian religion. So instead of fighting them, they just adapted certain pagan feast days, as well as traditions. The Pagan Yuletide ran from the 21st to the 24th so it was just easier than getting anyone to accept new dates.   
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 14:30
I realy want to figure this out for once end for all.

Question 1
What did Jesus say about eating pork.

Christians say: Jesus say it was permitted to eat pork conusme allmost everything only in moderation.

But what bugs me is Jesus him self was raised as a Jew(they don't eat pork)

So Jesus would probably nevr have eaten pork himself(he lived in israel right..)

See the weiredness in the link Jews(no pork) Christians(pork) Muslims(no pork)

I think there is something missing.

So my question is Couldn't it have been that The consumption of pork was made acceptable after converting the europeans for whom pork was their man meat source.

It would have been easier to say okay follow our religion and yes you can eat pork

Question nuber 2

Why is it that christmas fals on 25 dec the same day as the pagan gremanic tribes celibrated midwinterfeast with a pine three.

you get the point

so whats the deal?Confused
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123