Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinca Symbols

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VIncaSymbols View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote VIncaSymbols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinca Symbols
    Posted: 13-Jul-2012 at 03:35
 Thanks, though if what I have here is correct, that may not be the case.

I know how my post must sound, and I realise that the likelihood of me having actually made some real headway in this is improbable with so many good minds on the subject. So many people post to forums about their pet theories and I'm sure I must seem like yet another:) Although I'm deeply interested in ancient languages of course I have no credibility at all.

It's hard to know exactly what to do next, but obviously I'm preparing all the evidence I have available - though really it is self-evident.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2012 at 19:09
The Vinca alphabet, like many other ancient civilisations, has a swastika. It's thought this was derived from a comet passing exceptionally close to the earth thousands of years ago
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/vinca.htm
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2012 at 17:21
Not my fortay....even though I know the basics and the controversies and theorems posited by Gimbutas.
But stick around be patient and others will no doubt opine.

Nice to have ya here.
CV
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

VIncaSymbols View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote VIncaSymbols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2012 at 15:12
 Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm an amateur historian with a passion for ancient symbolism, and I've been looking at the Vinca culture symbols for a little while now. Recently I may have made a breakthrough which would help confirm what others have said about particular symbols, and shows what some symbols are and their purpose. As I am an amateur, gleaning what research I can from the internet, I have no idea whether what I've found is already common knowledge, so don't want to make a fool of myself proclaiming any great discoveries to academia just yet:)

What I'd like to do instead is to talk informally to someone who is involved in research into the Vinca, just to find out what is already known about various aspects of their symbolism.  What do forum members suggest I do to continue?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12