Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A neighbourly dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A neighbourly dilemma
    Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 04:19
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

A book that talks about absolutely nothing? Reminds me of that sitcom show "Seinfeld" =0

Well that was a damn good show so maybe it would be a good book!
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 08:47
Originally posted by nuvolari

Originally posted by Parnell

[QUOTE=nuvolari]QUOTE]

Nuvolari,

Never change who you are. Your the last remnant of a dying race of old English gentlemen.

They don't make them like they used to LOL

I have no plan to change,amigo.  And even less to join that "dying" race just yet !
As for their not being made like they used to - well, that is half of the bloody problem, since being of that particular stamp, how can one expect a 30something German hausfrau to even begin to understand an Old School ex officer English gentleman, since even the memsahib occasionally fails to understand who she married !!

Never ever heard of one using those expressions. Never ever hear of one mentioning doing things free of charge. Never ever heard  of one associating cars and prices. Never heard of one making monetary insults.

One of my uncles was a High Commissioner in one of the Indian States. Never referred to his wife like that.

Seems more to me that these expressions are not real.

BTW yes I have served in the Armed Forces and it seems I have several years start on you.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 09:37
Stop it, the mans a legend, let him speak like a 19th century Imperialist if he wants to.
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 19:18
I think you should stop whinging about hausfraus, labourers, and your poncy ladder, and move to some Mexican shanty. I hear they are very neighbourly and generous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123