Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Deaths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Deaths
    Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 16:55
One of the most horrible deaths I found was done to a slave in a child tale of my country:

After being hit i until all the skin was marked and he was all covered in blood, he was dragged and put into a fire ant hill and left to die.

Even if just a child history it gives me creeps tryng to think about what  others  slaves suffered.

C

Edited by Claudio - 16-Aug-2007 at 17:01
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 06:51
I think the worst death I known is that of Yuan Chonghuan in which he was sentence to death by what is known as the "death by a thousand cuts" thats basically slice over your limbs and muscle from your body as much as one may bare before dieing. It was said that the locals would all gather to his execution and buy his dead parts to eat. It was a cruel death for one of the most brilliant general in Chinese history.

His death was cause by corrupt officials in the government during a time when China was about to break down under the Ming Dynasty. At the time Yuan Chonghuan was the only person able to hold back the Manchus from taking over China and his prolonged war against the Manchus give the excuse of the officials in the government to denounce Yuan as a traitor to the emperor by using too much of their resources to fight against the Manchus and for alleged collaboration with the enemy. What a tragic story.
Tar Szernd View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Tar Szernd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 06:53
I've heard that the official "record" was by 350 cutted pieces or so.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 08:11
Originally posted by Kamikaze 738

I think the worst death I known is that of Yuan Chonghuan in which he was sentence to death by what is known as the "death by a thousand cuts" thats basically slice over your limbs and muscle from your body as much as one may bare before dieing. It was said that the locals would all gather to his execution and buy his dead parts to eat. It was a cruel death for one of the most brilliant general in Chinese history.

His death was cause by corrupt officials in the government during a time when China was about to break down under the Ming Dynasty. At the time Yuan Chonghuan was the only person able to hold back the Manchus from taking over China and his prolonged war against the Manchus give the excuse of the officials in the government to denounce Yuan as a traitor to the emperor by using too much of their resources to fight against the Manchus and for alleged collaboration with the enemy. What a tragic story.

Wow, that one really freaked me out. Just to think that the audience ate him afterwards is extremely creepy.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 14:28
  Man now I dont know what death is worse...Yuan Chonghuan or Eduard II..

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 21:14
Originally posted by Penelope

Wow, that one really freaked me out. Just to think that the audience ate him afterwards is extremely creepy.

Yea, its creepy and disgusting... imagine if someone ate the um.. part that guy use... sick Dead And how did Eduard II died?

Edited by Kamikaze 738 - 19-Aug-2007 at 21:15
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 13:03
During the Irish Civil War the Free State Army executed 8 prisoners by tying them to a landmine and detonating it, they had first shot the men in the legs so they could not escape. They had tied nine men to the landmine but one was blown clear and survived. He later went on to become a T.D. (member of Parliament).
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
what_is_history View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote what_is_history Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 13:49
How about the apostle Paul in the Bible being sawn in half...starting at the feet!  OUCH!  Or some of the western homesteaders in America that had their skin peeled off by the Native tribes, covered in honey and them devoured by FIRE ANTS!  OUCH!!!
"It aint what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
-Mark Twain
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 10:43
Islamic history has a lot of terrible endings and execution methods so much so that an eminent Iraqi schoalr classified them and gathered them in a 5 vol. book call "The Encyclopedia of Torture" by Abboud (عبود) Al-Shaliji.
The worst death I can think of was the death of the last ruler of the 1st Saudi Kingdom Abdullah ibn Saud who was boiled in a large Janissary cooking pot and then fed to the dogs.

Al-Jassas

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2007 at 12:58

I would have to say that being hung by one's testicles would have to rank as one of the worst ways to die. Naturally one didn`t die right away, but once the individual became separated from their genitals death from blood loss did set in rather quickly.

This form of torture was used by the "Infidels" of Jerusalem on the captured Christian Crusaders.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 17:56
I dont know if you guys heard about the recent headlines on how the chinese have sent to the US toys that were made out of lead. Well the government in China solution was to find the Minister and execute him. I think he might of been tortured. But it shocked me when I heard of this especially since it a little less than a week ago. And a minister?! Over lead? Comon! thats just barbaric!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 05:09

I would go with Franz Reichelt, an Austrian aviation pioneer who had designed a kind of trenchcoat parachute, and decided to test it by jumping off the Eiffel Tower... with obvious results.

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 05:41
Another horrific death is the one which was inflicted upon Aelle, the Northumbrian leader, whom attempted to defend the city of York against the conquering Vikings. The large Viking army, led by Halfdan and Ivar The Boneless, marched up to Northumbria, and captured the city. Aelle was subjected to the Viking form of execution known as the "spread eagle", or "blood eagle", whereby the victim is pinned face down on the ground, and his ribs are seperated from his spine. The ribs were then forced outwards, forming a pair of "wings".

This was done in revenge by Halfdane and Hingwar, sons of the Viking Chieftain, Ragnar, for Aelle had previously issued to throw the Chieftan into a pit of adders 20 years earlier.

Edited by Penelope - 03-Nov-2007 at 05:43
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 06:00
In Bosnia, I heard stories of men being used as landmines. The Croats, according to Anthony Loyd (My War Gone By, I Miss it So, and great-grandson of Sir Adrian Carton De Wiart, the most decorated of all British war heroes), used to capture Bosnian soldiers, strap them to claymore mines, and then tell them to walk back to their trenches, at gunpoint. The Bosnians in question had to face either the fact of being shot in the legs and arms repeatedly and killed with extreme pain, or to walk towards their comrades in hopes that they would recognize the threat and then kill them quickly. It seemed worst to me for the Bosnian (BiH) soldiers still in the trenches: to kill your comrades, or to wait for the enemy to detonate the claymores, blowing them to tiny pieces. Plus, the realization that even if they killed them quickly and painlessly, that the enemy still might detonate the bombs and blow their comrades' bodies to pieces unfit for burial... tragic; a death hat is worse on the living than it is on the dead.
Cheers.
BJC
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 19:26
i do not know if the accounts of rasputins death are 100 percent acurate but if so, a very grizzly end indeed, and that was one hard mother to kill
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 19:56
In the history of Ottoman Empire, Othman II definetely.
Crusader3943 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Crusader3943 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 20:49
William Wallace's death was pretty gory, but a lot of other people suffered the same fate. King Bladwin's death of leprosy wasn't too nice.
Crusader3943
bilal_ali_2000 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote bilal_ali_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2007 at 18:11
I haven't heard anything about the gory deaths of the Indians. Do the Indians ever killed anyone ruthlessly (natives mind you) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234