Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEDip04: Versailles Diplomacy
    Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 12:08
Originally posted by rider

Still, Germany has no issue on declaring wars on Poland. Germany offered me to go freely into Prussia and I went, and he didn't say a deadline.

Originally posted by Kapikulu's PM on 23 January 2006 at 7:02pm

Well, German soil except Prussia...I give Prussia to you as a bonus

You know what I mean...I dont want to see you around Berlin...So I wish you don't direct your forces in Krakow or Danzig to the east,to maintain our forthcoming peace ...If you promise me to do that right now, I will be assured.

That was my minister of foreign affairs talking, he confused Prussia with East Prussia,and evil Polish tried to use this mistake for themselves, but I fired him anyway

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 13:33

Oh poor soul. For oyur sins, Kapikulu, you will be swept from this earth by the iron fist of France...

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 13:36

I haven't done any wrong to you, you killed yourself with your own NMR...I hadnt even made a move towards you, except Hungary, come on...

Treacherous French. France has always been a nation hypocrisy anyway because of its governor...

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 13:44

Rumor has spread that the night before the deadline, Pilsudski was in his bedroom with the Russian girls, actually spies, who were sent by the KGB.

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 15:43

Ofcourse.. What next? Poland is in the Dark Ages?

I just wanted to prophecise the future by telling an iron fist will sweep over Germany to restore BIsmarck's will!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 18:05
Originally posted by rider

WHO THE HELL HAS HAD THE ABNORMAL IDEA FOR A SEASONS ENDING ON FRIDAY evening?

Always before, all deadlines that have had retreats and ended on Wednesdays have called Monday the end of deadlines.

Deadlines are irregular and separated by 4-5 days each (unless it falls on weekend: Saturday or Sunday). Retreat deadlines, when needed (this is unpredictable) are of a max. of 2 days unless the deadline falls on weekend, like in this case.

If you think you have a better idea for an schedule, consensuate it with the other players and I will adopt it.

But send prelims anyhow as soon as you recieve the adjudication, becuase I'm always getting most players' orders in the last minute and that's the best way of NMRing accidentally as you did.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 22:32
Turkey will not retaliate against the Italian Aggression

Even though the last move of the Italians represent an aggressive move against Turkey, I will not retaliate.

There is still room for a diplomatic solution. Turkey expects that Italy will be reasonable and move his fleet away from Egypt.

Turkey is a peace loving country, and it will not start an armed conflict. But my duty is to defend my nation, and I will do anything to defend our precious mother land.

If Italy insists on bringing war between our nations, we are ready to fight. But if Italy decides to resolve this conflict peacefully, we are ready to listen and negotiate.

The decision of war is in your hands. We will hope that you will decide for peace.

Edited by hugoestr
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 08:03
Yes, it was a hard choice, but I retreat to Prague, not much minor nations left around the map...
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 10:19

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM GERMAN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS:

"Germany will not retaliate against Turkish aggression either, who had promised he wouldn't act from Yugoslavia,but supported the Polish army in Dracula land."

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 03:19
Retreats Fall 1929:

The New York Times

Retreating German troops take control of Prague and depose Czech government.

Outraged minor nations recall their ambassadors in protest.

German A Munich retreats to Prague
Polish A Krakow retreats to Warsaw

New deadline for Winter 1930: Thursday February 2nd at 23:59 GMT. Adjustments and IP allocation required.

(Don't forget to send preliminary orders).

Germany is penalized and loses all IPs this turn (will have half next Winter)

Poland: must remove 2. Has 3 IPs.
Britain: can build 1. Has 5 IPs.
France: can build 1. Has 5 IPs.
Germany: can build 1. No IPs this year.
Italy: can build 1. Has 6 IPs.
USSR: can build 2. Has 7 IPs.
Turkey: can build 1. Has 6 IPs.

Minor Powers Czechoslovakia, Greece and Sweden automatically disband their lone unsupported units and are eliminated from the game.

Ownership:

Poland:    Danzig, Lithuania, Warsaw.
Britain:   Edinburgh, Ireland, Liverpool, London, Oslo.
France:    Belgium, Brest, Marseilles, Munich, Paris.
Germany:   Berlin, Denmark, Hamburg, Holland, Hungary, Prague.
Italy:     Austria, Naples, Rome, Switzerland, Trieste, Tunis.
USSR:      Finland, Kiev, Krakow, Leningrad, Moscow, Sevastopol, Sweden.
Turkey:    Ankara, Athens, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Smyrna, Syria.
Egypt:     Egypt.
Rumania:   Bucharest.
Spain:     Madrid.
Yugoslavia: Beograd.
Unowned:   Portugal.

Adjustments:

Poland:    Supp  3 Unit  5 Remove  2
Britain:   Supp  5 Unit  4 Build  1
France:    Supp  5 Unit  4 Build  1
Germany:   Supp  6 Unit  5 Build  1
Italy:     Supp  6 Unit  5 Build  1
USSR:      Supp  7 Unit  5 Build  2
Turkey:    Supp  6 Unit  5 Build  1
Czechoslovakia: Supp  0 Unit  1 Remove  1
Egypt:     Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Greece:    Supp  0 Unit  1 Remove  1
Rumania:   Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Spain:     Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0
Sweden:    Supp  0 Unit  1 Remove  1
Yugoslavia: Supp  1 Unit  1 Build  0

New Map (Winter 1930):

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Kilikya View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Kilikya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 07:16

Maju- I look at this thread occasionally, also becasue TheDiplomat talks about the things that happen here.  I have noticed this problem of MNOR POWERS being 'eaten' by major powers by mistake. 

I wonder if you should (in the future) make the Liberation of Occupied Minor Powers easier than the Liberation of other territories.  In other words, say Greece is occupied by Turkey.  When another Major Power came along and attacked Greece rather than needing an advantage of 1 army to 'liberate' Greece from Oppresive Turkish rule, Turkey would need an advantage of 1 army to maintain control.  That would nullify the problem of Major Powers mistakenly moving their Minor Powers out of range so they can easily conquer them.  Or something along that line.

Anyway- I am sure you are taking notes on future adjustments to be made yourself.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:08
Well, the killing of minor powers (and majors) is one of the main aspects but in that way, it would much more resemble the national agressment.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 21:29
Originally posted by Kilikya

Maju- I look at this thread occasionally, also becasue TheDiplomat talks about the things that happen here.  I have noticed this problem of MNOR POWERS being 'eaten' by major powers by mistake. 

I wonder if you should (in the future) make the Liberation of Occupied Minor Powers easier than the Liberation of other territories.  In other words, say Greece is occupied by Turkey.  When another Major Power came along and attacked Greece rather than needing an advantage of 1 army to 'liberate' Greece from Oppresive Turkish rule, Turkey would need an advantage of 1 army to maintain control.  That would nullify the problem of Major Powers mistakenly moving their Minor Powers out of range so they can easily conquer them.  Or something along that line.

Anyway- I am sure you are taking notes on future adjustments to be made yourself.

I don't plan to modify the basic rules as you suggest (keep it simple). But I'm planning to forbid minor armies/fleets to move further away than 1 province from their SCs, except if they enter another supply center. That will keep thair influence more localized and will avoid things like what happened with the Egyptian fleet.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:53
IT's now Friday afternoon, the deadline was Thursday... I wonder whats the delay on winter? Is Global warming taking place? HAs the earth stopped rotating? 
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 00:03
Originally posted by Bishop

IT's now Friday afternoon, the deadline was Thursday... I wonder whats the delay on winter? Is Global warming taking place? HAs the earth stopped rotating? 

Oops!

I though it was Friday. I'll adjudicate now.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 01:09
Winter 1931:

The New York Times

Alliance systems ratified: Ataturk still the most popular European leader.

New deadline: Wednesday 8 at 22:00 GMT

IPs adjudication
:

Spain remains French ally
Yugoslavia and Egypt remain Turkish allies
Rumania remains Soviet ally

Adjustments:

Poland:
Remove A Transylvania
Remove A Prussia

Britain:
Build F Edinburgh

France:
Build A Paris

Germany:
Build F Hamburg

Italy:
Build F Rome

USSR:
Build A Kiev
Build A Leningrad

Turkey:
Build F Smyrna

Czechoslovakia:
Remove A Slovakia

Greece:
Remove A Albania

Sweden:
Remove F Skagerrak

New Map (Spring 1931):

Coloring of minor powers intends to represent their alliances in 1931.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 04:09

Originally posted by Bishop

Global warming... definetly... we have here in Estonia so great winter climate now... it is snowing and snowing and snowing...

Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 19:52
Todays the day, I hope all you guys sent you're orders in...
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 23:35
The day is today...
Bishop View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2006 at 00:41
Any moment now, I sure hope you guys got you're orders in...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>