Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diplomacy 1601--AE03

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diplomacy 1601--AE03
    Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 17:41
Oh No!!! Did someone say "heathens"?
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 17:56
Yes, I said heathens.  The Holy Roman Empire shall be restored and re taken from the heathens.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 18:10
I'm rushing to protect Rome. Literally. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 07:59

Originally posted by hugoestr

Furthermore, the Holy Inquisition has discovered who is the Antichrist that has concieved such monstruous plot: it could not be other than that commoner that has risen to the throne of Muscovy: Boris Godunov.

Great voice though

Or will have after Mussorgsky gets through with him.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 09:40

So, I beg one more time from the Red Crotch to arrive here

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 08:17

Furthermore, the Holy Inquisition has discovered who is the Antichrist that has concieved such monstruous plot: it could not be other than that commoner that has risen to the throne of Muscovy: Boris Godunov.

A new Crusade is being called. A Holy League must be born.

In the name of Excellency Boris Gudunov,the envoys of Russia completely reject these allagations.

Russia officially recognizes Judaism,Christianity and Islam as official religions of Europe 1600.

Peace at home,Peace in the world!

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 16:56
Oh No! Did some say the "antichrist"?

"Morty

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 22:55
Morty: we are in the period of wars of religion, so while it's a little too theatrical it seems to fit somehow.

As I said, I'm sending the Spanish army of Napoli to protect Rome inmediately. No heathen or antichrist (sic) will be able to damage His Holiness - I hope. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 23:11
Oh My!! Did someone say "His Holiness"? Now I'm really worried!
"Morty

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 17:06
The March of Time:
European powers expand their sphere of influence
Some people have called this the biggest land grab in recorded history. Some people call this the beginning of a sure war. Whatever it is, things sure look hostile in the world.

For the moment, Spain, France, and the Habsburg Empire seem to be working in harmony, each seeking to arm in the future, but with no threatening moves against each other.

The same can be said about the Scandinavian powers, during this move, but you can never know. Many high officials in Denmark are still angry at Vasa and his heirs, and the rumors that they should take back Sweden have not died out. Sweden has dismissed these threats for the moment, focusing more on expanding in the Baltic States, where an early clash with Russia has resulted in an indecisive battle.

The Ottoman Empire asserts his borders with his taking control over the Black Sea. In the same nautical vein, England rules the waves of the North Sea and the North Atlantic.

Russia seems to have the most ambitious plan in the early year. As discussed above, it clashed with the Sweden over Ingra. It is also moving into the Caspian Sea and advancing towards Poland, who has made an ambiguous move this year.

Denmark:
A Jutland - Holstein
A Zealand - Jutland
A Scania Hold
F Vestlandet - Norwegian Sea

England:
F Ireland - North Atlantic Ocean
A Wales - London
F London - North Sea

France:
A Paris - Champagne
F Gascony - Bay of Biscay
A Burgundy - France Comte
A Provence - Savoy

HabsburgEmpire:
A Bohemia - Bavaria
A Austria - Western Hungary
A Croatia - Venice

OttomanEmpire:
A Egypt - Syria
A Anatolia - Constantinople
F Constantinople - Black Sea
A Greece Hold

Poland:
A White Russia - Mazovia
A Warsaw - Cracow
A Cracow - Bessarabia

Russia:
A Voronezj - Uralsk
A Moscow - Tula
A Novgorod - Ingria (*Bounce*)

Spain:
A Flanders - Netherlands
A Naples - Rome
A Castille - Portugal
F Granada - Mid-Atlantic Ocean

Sweden:
A Finland - Ingria (*Bounce*)
A Estonia - Pskov
F Stockholm - Baltic Sea
A Bergsl*gen - Stockholm

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 17:09
The deadline for submiting orders for Fall 1601 is Friday, 18 at 9:00 -5 GMT. This is:
9:00 AM U.S. Eastern Time
2:00 PM GMT/UT
3:00 PM CET

Edited by hugoestr
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 18:02
An interesting map, confusing moves from some...
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 18:24
Uh Oh!!! Can I open my eyes now? Am I still on the board? Can I come out of the cave now? Did I survive? Phewwwwww!!! I don't believe it, I'm still in the game! I may still have that nervous breakdown afterwards though. WOW, I don't know about you guys, but that was a lot of sweating for me! Is that what they call "battle fever"?

"Morty

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 21:49
The rebellions in Portugal and the Low Countries have finally been quelled succesfully. The new Concordate with the Holy See provides that the Holy Inquisition will have special powers in the Netherlands, where many heretics and Jews had created a republican stronghold.

We also politely advise our cousin of France to retrieve her soldiers from our posession of the County of Burgundy (aka France Comte).

Philip III

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Kilikya View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Kilikya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 02:15
oops, forgot my Scania move!!!  Sorry for making you wait Hugo!!!
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 07:44

The March of Time:
European powers expand their sphere of influence
Some people have called this the biggest land grab in recorded history. Some people call this the beginning of a sure war. Whatever it is, things sure look hostile in the world.

For the moment, Spain, France, and the Habsburg Empire seem to be working in harmony, each seeking to arm in the future, but with no threatening moves against each other.

The same can be said about the Scandinavian powers, during this move, but you can never know. Many high officials in Denmark are still angry at Vasa and his heirs, and the rumors that they should take back Sweden have not died out. Sweden has dismissed these threats for the moment, focusing more on expanding in the Baltic States, where an early clash with Russia has resulted in an indecisive battle.

The Ottoman Empire asserts his borders with his taking control over the Black Sea. In the same nautical vein, England rules the waves of the North Sea and the North Atlantic.

Russia seems to have the most ambitious plan in the early year. As discussed above, it clashed with the Sweden over Ingra. It is also moving into the Caspian Sea and advancing towards Poland, who has made an ambiguous move this year.

I knew Sweden would attack me,so I tried to take some precautions for our inevitable war.

In fact,I am the one who will get least supply center in this year.

Edited by TheDiplomat

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 09:22

Habsburgische Zeitung:        &nbs p;       Edition nummer #1

The mighty Habsburg Empire ended this season with his majesty archduke's neutral and friendly diplomatic negotiations and rightful claims.

Archduke Rudolf's message to the public:

Habsburg Empire will do every possible thing to protect the peace with his own neighbors and in all Europe...

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 12:26

So will I get one center, Turkey might aswell but we will stop it from doing so. Poland can get three...

To bad that:::

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Swedish King declares Catholician the official religion and gives the Church all it's former rights. The nobles march onto the borders to be shipped int ofights with Turkey thru HRE where the Bohemians are the target. Sweden aswell declares it's royal rights over Novgorodian lands by the edict of Jarl Birger who conquered Novgorod. RUSSIANS MUST SURRENDER NOVGOROD AND ACCEPT PEACE FROM THE RIGHTEOUS KING OF SWEDEN!

Sweden joins the Holy League if the Pope wants so.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 03:36

RUSSIA PROMULGATES:

SWEDEN IS DOOMED

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 07:49

From today's Times of London:

Violent reaction from the citizens of London yesterday at the news that the Lord Chamberlain's Players were planning to produce a new play by the well-known playwriter Wm. Shakspear, Esq., has led to the indefinite postponement of the opening.

Protests against anything Danish were sparked off by what is seen as the treachery of the Danish monarch in breaking his solemn undertakings to Her Majesty's advisers.  In the course of the scuffles at the Globe theatre, a lit taper was overturned, causing a fire that led to the burning down of the establishment.

In other news:

A spokesman for the Lord High Steward stated that the Queen and her court were unable to see what advantage the move could bring to Denmark, given the strength of the English naval defences. He pointed out that the only conceivable beneficiary would be the Spanish monarchy, due to the diversion of English forces from the task that should be much desired by all lovers of freedom - the liberation of the Lowlands from the Hapsburg yoke.

The Queen has reassured her much-beloved cousin and heir presumptive, the King of Scotland that England will ensure that Scotland receives the utmost protection, in view of what must soon be the union of the two crowns

Her Majesty's ambassador to the court of the King of Denmark has been recalled to London for consultations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>