Print Page | Close Window

Diplomacy 1601--AE03

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Gaming and Information Technology
Forum Discription: Technology and Computer-related discussions; PC and Video Games…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6834
Printed Date: 17-May-2024 at 13:12
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Diplomacy 1601--AE03
Posted By: hugoestr
Subject: Diplomacy 1601--AE03
Date Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 14:36

This starts the real game.

Realpolitik
If you don't have Realpolitik, you can download it here: http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net/ - http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

Think of this program as a board game set that enforces the rules. It is very important to have; it will help you understand the rules much faster.

You need to install the 1600 variant. The RP files for the 1600 variant:
http://www.graue-substanz.net/ressourcen/downloads/1600_gSModv1.1.zip - 1600 RP files

Extract the files to the 'Variants' folder within the Realpolitik directory.

If you need help using the program, don't hesitate to ask. I am currently preparing some tutorials for the program, and you will see them here soon.

Country-player table
These are the countries designations for the practice game.
Poland     Thegeneral
England     glce2003
Habsburg Empire Kapikulu
Denmark     Kilikya
Spain       Maju
Ottoman Empire     Mixcoatl
France     morticia
Sweden     Rider
Russia     thediplomat

Order Etiquette
Try to send orders at the time that you receive the results of the last turn. This will keep the game going and make it more enjoyable for you.

You can always send another set of order before the deadline. If you do so, make it obvious to me that they are a second order by putting in the subject line of the email: "set number #" with the number of the set there. I will use whatever set number is bigger to process your order.

How to write orders
Each turn starts with an order. Write the order of the moves of your units in the following way:

<Unit Type> <Starting Location>-<target Location>
Army Castille-Navarre

To hold your army or fleet in place write
<Unit Type> <Starting Location> HOLD
Fleet Gascony HOLD

To support a move write
<Unit Type> S[UPPORT] <supported Unit Type starting location>-<target location>
Army Novgorod S Army Moscow-Tula

Feel free to use abbreviation: A-army, F-fleet, H-hold, S-support. To get the proper abbreviations for spaces on the board, please consult the information in Realpolitik by clicking Window->info.

Missing player rules

To make the move of the missing player's country fairer, I want everyone to send me your desired moves to the Ottoman Empire as if you controlled it. I will count each order as a vote.

In case of a tie, I will randomly select the move of the most popular orders. If I only get one order for Ottoman Empire, I will use it. So it is in your best interest to send Ottoman orders too

Rules

We will be following the rules established by Maju in the other game, with some modifications.

The official rules will be the 3rd Edition of Avalon Hill Co. rules, 1992 (PDF document). But some special rules will apply as follows:

1. In order to shorten the game, victory will be declared when any power controls 18 supply centers at the end of any year AND it has at least two more SCs than any other power. Only one major winner will still be possible. But any power controlling 15 or more SCs at that moment will get a partial victory honorific mention. If the leading power has 18 SCs but another power has 17 or there is a tie at 18 SCs, successive extra years will be played until one single power gets 2 center more than any other. If this would not be achieved, the normal rule of 25 centers' ownership will apply.

2.In order to prevent NBRs ("no builds received"), what can handicap seriously the neglected power, a special default-build rule will apply when no adjustments orders are received, as follows:

a. England will always build fleets by default
b. Ottoman Empire and Spain will build alternatively fleet-army, starting by a fleet
c. France, Sweden, and Demark will build alternatively army-fleet, starting by an army
d. Habsburg, Poland, and Russia will always build armies by default

3.The units will be built in the historical capital (if available) and then in any open home center (flipping a coin if necessary). Historical capitals are: Austria(Habsburg Empire), London (England), Paris (France), Castille(Spain), Zealand(Denmark), Cracow (Poland), Stockholm(Sweden), Moscow (Russia) and Constantinople (Ottoman Empire).

4.Excessive build orders will cause all builds to fail and apply the previous rule. Less builds than available will be accepted as such (it's understood that the player wants to waive some of his builds). A player can voluntarily waive all his builds but must specify it.
When no disbands are received, the official rule will apply to determine them but in one aspect: instead of following alphabetic order of provinces, as the rulebook says, I will apply random selection by flipping coins or throwing a dice.

5. The convoy priority rule will only apply if the convoying fleet(s) is/are not dislodged. If the convoy fails but the army can still move because of adjacency of the provinces involved, then normal movement will happen. (This is such a very rare happening that I have never seen it out of the theory, so don't worry much about it).

6. The default retreat is "out of the board" (OTB) or "disband". Players can order that as well if it fits their designs.
Any unit not ordered will hold (preventing this way its automatically disbanding in case it is dislodged).

House rules:
1. In case of doubt the GM will have the last word, always applying the rulebook and any special rules (as for above).

2.If a player fails to send orders (NMR/NBR), he will be notified by the GM and must reply declaring if he wishes to follow with the game. Two successive NMRs in regular or adjustments turns (retreats won't apply) will cause the player to be deposed and replaced - no excuses. If the NMRing player doesn't reply to the GM's mail, he will be deposed and replaced without any second opportunity.
Regular turns (Spring and Fall) will be scheduled with terms of about 5 days. Weekends can stretch these terms a little.

3.Retreats' and adjustments' turns will have a maximum term of 48 hrs. Only for these, the GM will adjudicate earlier if all orders are in. If they fall fully in weekend, the term can be stretched a little bit too. This is up to the players' needs largely.

4. Deadline extensions will be conceded upon request but I ask the players not to abuse of them. Conditional adjustments/retreats can be sent as alternative for short sub-turns extensions and I encourage them.

5. I also encourage to send preliminary orders as soon as you receive the adjudication. You can send as many different sets of orders as you need. The last one arriving will erase the previous. Please send always full sets of orders: it doesn't matter what you sent in previous ones.

6. Orders will be interpreted benevolently but any order that is confusing enough will be declared invalid. Still I will notify the players if there is time for that, so this should not be a problem for novices.

7. Press: I will accept white press (signed) and grey press (anonymous). I won't accept black press (on other's name). The press should be written with the orders' set and will be published with the adjudication. The GM will try to write some press too and "the gallery" (observers) can also write press (white only). Alternatively you can post in the All Empires - General Gaming topic open for this game's purpose (this one).

I may add new rules in the future if necessary, always after consulting the players.

Replies:
Date Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 15:16
Deadline:

AE1600-03--First move due Monday, Nov 14, 2005 9:00 -5 GMT

Special rules for this variant:

There are no special rules, but you should notice that the provinces of Ingria, Novgorod, Great Poland, Masuria, Crimea, Voronezj , Bessarabia and Galicia are canal provinces, making it possible to the otherwise landlocked powers of Poland and Russia to build fleets. Fleet movement between Galicia and Mazuria is not allowed. Greece, Jutland, Schleswig, Zealand, Scania and Mecklenburg are also canal provinces just like Denmark, Sweden, Kiel and Constantinopel are in standard. Switzerland is impassable. There are no provinces with several coasts.

Strategic and tactical advice on the variant's homepage:

http://web.telia.com/%7Eu13214882/1600.htm - Variant's home page

-------------

Posted By: Maju
Date Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 19:41
Strategic and tactical advice on the variant's homepage:

http://web.telia.com/%7Eu13214882/1600.htm - Variant's home page

Notice that the version of the variant analyzed in the homepage and the one we are playing (adapted by Graue Substanz) have rather a bunch of small but sygnificative diferences, so the advice it gives may not always be possible to apply straigtforwardly.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 07-Nov-2005 at 20:22
Remeber the historical character we are embodying:

Spain:
Philip II
and his Valido, the Duke of Lerma
(Maju)

France:
Henri IV (and III of Navarre)
(Morticia)

Ottoman Empire:
Mehmet III
(Mixcoatl)

Holy Roman Empire (Habsburgs):
Rudolph II
(Kapikulu)

England and Ireland:
Elizabeth I
(glce2003)

Poland:
Sigismund III
(Thegeneral)

Russia:
Boris Godunov
(thediplomat)

Sweden:
Charles IX
(Rider)

Denmark and Norway:
Chistian IV
(Kilikya)

Some of these characters will pass over in the next years. I will try to keep you informed of any change in the ruling houses of Europe.

Some other (non-player) rulers in 1600 were:

Pope Clement VIII

Prince Philip William of Orange, Stadtholder of the United Provinces.

Joachim Frederick of Hohenzollern, Duke of Prussia, Margrave and Elector of Brandenburg.

Doge Marino Grimani of Venice.

Duke Carlo Emannuelle I of Savoy.

Duke Charles II of Lorraine.

Duke Maximilian I of Bavaria (later made Elector). In the image with his second wife, Maria Anna of Austria.

Prince Sigismund Báthory of Transylvania.

Khan Gazi II Giray of Crimea.

Hospodar (or Domn) Ieremia Movila of Moldavia (Bessarabia).

Pomerania was divided in several minor states. Bremen, a former Archbishophric, was administered by Johann-Friederich of Holstein-Gottorp. North Africa was in the hands of the Barbary Corsairs. Portugal belonged to Spain, though it was unruly. Serbia and Hungary actually belonged to the Ottoman Empire that administered them directly.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Kapikulu
Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 04:35

Oops so, I wish the most jackal one wins

I want the Red Crotch groups to come help here too

-------------
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 04:52

I uploaded the files under that folder you had told but the game starts at 1901..

How will we arrange that?

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 05:55

I'm uncertain whether one is allowed to deliberately disband a unit (that otherwise wouldn't need to be) in order to create a new one at home?

-------------

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 11:40

No you can't gcle2003.

Kapikulu, for that reason there is the variant menu in the upper edge. Selec t it and 1600 from it.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 14:20
Originally posted by Kapikulu

I uploaded the files under that folder you had told but the game starts at 1901..

How will we arrange that?

You are surely watching a map of the Standard variant.

Have you uploaded also the 1600 variant files? If so, you must select Variants > 1600 in the menu. If 1600 doesn't appear among the variants, then you haven't downloaded them in the right folder: C:/.../Realpolitik/Variants/1600.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 15:20
Originally posted by gcle2003

I'm uncertain whether one is allowed to deliberately disband a unit (that otherwise wouldn't need to be) in order to create a new one at home?

No, you can't. You can only disband units under the following circumstances:
  • When you have more units than supply centers in any Winter season: then you must disband the excess units at will.
  • When a unit is forced retreat: then one option is to retreat it off the board (OTB) or, by other name, disband it.
If you're thinking in your army, I would say that, while England is certainly the power that more needs to rely on fleets, armies aren't useless at all:
  • Defensively as garrison, they can be very useful because, unlike fleets, you can move them overland (for instance A London-Wales, a movement that fleets simply can't do).
  • In continental expansion, you will eventually need to go beyond coastal provinces and there only armies can act. For this purpose, you will need to know how to make convoys, that is move armies from coast to coast with the help of fleets. In the practice game, two convoys were perfectly executed by England and Sweden, check it to make sure you know how to do them.
On convoys, it's worth to note that though the ones seen in the practice game are the most simple and common, you can also make chain convoys along large tracks of water, by ordering succesive adjacent fleets (yours or your allies') to convoy the army. Example:

Here you can see an imaginary example: after some quarreling, Spain and England decide to make peace and England is offered the disputed "crusade state" of Tunis in exchange of support in Flanders. They decide to convoy A London there, all with the help of Austria.

The exact orders for this chain convoy are:

England:
A London - North Africa
F English Channel Convoys A London - North Africa
F Md atlantic Ocean Convoys A London - North Africa

Spain:
F Western Mediterranean Sea Convoys A London - North Africa
F Tyrrhenian Sea Supports A London - North Africa

Additionally, Austrian F Lybia cuts the Otoman support. But (very important) French F Gulf of Lyon - West Mediterranean doesn't "cut" the convoy. It would have needed to dislodge the fleet to effectively disrupt it.

Note: I don't say that it is the best planned operation nor the most likely of situations but anyhow it is a good example of how chain convoys can be done.

Chain convoys, specially when excuted among two or more powers, can be not just spectacular but also very surprising and disruptive.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Thegeneral
Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 19:19

I like that program, I did not know that is how you GMs did that! Stinkin magicians!

One question, how do you get the units to do the moves.  I clicked resolve, because I thought that would move them but it doesn't.

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 22:04
Originally posted by Thegeneral

I like that program, I did not know that is how you GMs did that! Stinkin magicians!

One question, how do you get the units to do the moves.  I clicked resolve, because I thought that would move them but it doesn't.

Ctrl-R (Resolve, it marks unsuccesful orders), Ctrl-K (Commit, ends the movement, changes the season). If after you push Ctrl-R you want to change the moves, then Ctrl-Z (undo). If after commiting, then you have to go back to the previous season (Shift-Tab) and then Ctrl-B (Branch). For some reason Winter adjustments are more dificult to modify.

You can also Edit the map and even the season/year. You can save the game and save the board as BMP image.

It's not any super-spectacular software but you can manage it pretty well and it doesn't commit errors in the adjudications (unless the variant files have errors in them - but it's relatively easy to check that, as all are text files and BMP images). 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 09:23
Rule's amendment:

1. In order to shorten the game, victory will be declared when any power controls 18 supply centers at the end of any year AND it has at least two more SCs than any other power. Only one major winner will still be possible. But any power controlling 15 or more SCs at that moment will get a partial victory honorific mention. If the leading power has 18 SCs but another power has 11 or there is a tie at 18 SCs, successive extra years will be played until one single power gets 2 center more than any other. If this would not be achieved, the normal rule of 25 centers'(more than half) ownership will apply.
---

The change is to adjust the numbers due to a greater total of SCS in 1600.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-Nov-2005 at 17:21
Another correction to the rules:

1. In order to shorten the game, victory will be declared when any power controls 18 supply centers at the end of any year AND it has at least two more SCs than any other power. Only one major winner will still be possible. But any power controlling 15 or more SCs at that moment will get a partial victory honorific mention. If the leading power has 18 SCs but another power has 17 or there is a tie at 18 SCs, successive extra years will be played until one single power gets 2 center more than any other. If this would not be achieved, the normal rule of 25 centers' ownership will apply.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 15:15

I started to get some bad smells from the game

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 15:40
Lol, bad smells? why?

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 15:49

What do you mean by that?

'Bad smells from the game'?

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 16:01

The ugly face of diplomacy

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 16:46
From His Holiness Clement VIII, to all Catholic monarchs and to all Christians of good faith:

My dear sons: It has been known in this Holy See that a devilish shadow threatens the already shattered Church of Rome. An evil alliance contra natura of the dreaded Turk and the Lutheran heretics to destroy the nations that still belong to the true Church. Furthermore, the Holy Inquisition has discovered who is the Antichrist that has concieved such monstruous plot: it could not be other than that commoner that has risen to the throne of Muscovy: Boris Godunov.

We ask to our dear sons, the Holy Roman Emperor and the Catholic Kings of Europe to remain united against such satanic threat, for you shall know that the works of the Devil are of illusory nature and that only our Lord can work true miracles and can give victory to those that remain solid in their faith. The so called "grand alliance" is not destinied to endure but just will probe our faith and the solidarity among the true Christian princes that He has placed in such high places of power and responsability.

We pray day and night for the success of the Catholic princes and the defeat of the Antichrist and his dogs. We pray in the conviction that our cry will be heard in Heaven and that the Divine Wisdom will be with the defenders of Rome.

A new Crusade is being called. A Holy League must be born.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 17:19
King Sigismund of the great nation of Poland calls its allies to form together under Poland to embark on the popes call for the First Crusade to root out the heathens of the world!  The king is calling upon his nobles to follow him to eliminate the evils that infest our nations.  Poland asks her allies, the church, and God to be with them on this journey.  May God will it!

-------------

Posted By: morticia
Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 17:41
Oh No!!! Did someone say "heathens"?

-------------
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 17:56
Yes, I said heathens.  The Holy Roman Empire shall be restored and re taken from the heathens.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 18:10
I'm rushing to protect Rome. Literally. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 07:59

Originally posted by hugoestr

Furthermore, the Holy Inquisition has discovered who is the Antichrist that has concieved such monstruous plot: it could not be other than that commoner that has risen to the throne of Muscovy: Boris Godunov.

Great voice though

Or will have after Mussorgsky gets through with him.

-------------

Date Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 09:40

So, I beg one more time from the Red Crotch to arrive here

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Posted By: TheDiplomat
Date Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 08:17

Furthermore, the Holy Inquisition has discovered who is the Antichrist that has concieved such monstruous plot: it could not be other than that commoner that has risen to the throne of Muscovy: Boris Godunov.

A new Crusade is being called. A Holy League must be born.

In the name of Excellency Boris Gudunov,the envoys of Russia completely reject these allagations.

Russia officially recognizes Judaism,Christianity and Islam as official religions of Europe 1600.

Peace at home,Peace in the world!

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Date Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 16:56
Oh No! Did some say the "antichrist"?

-------------
"Morty

Date Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 22:55
Morty: we are in the period of wars of religion, so while it's a little too theatrical it seems to fit somehow.

As I said, I'm sending the Spanish army of Napoli to protect Rome inmediately. No heathen or antichrist (sic) will be able to damage His Holiness - I hope. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 23:11
Oh My!! Did someone say "His Holiness"? Now I'm really worried!

-------------
"Morty

Date Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 17:06
The March of Time:
European powers expand their sphere of influence
Some people have called this the biggest land grab in recorded history. Some people call this the beginning of a sure war. Whatever it is, things sure look hostile in the world.

For the moment, Spain, France, and the Habsburg Empire seem to be working in harmony, each seeking to arm in the future, but with no threatening moves against each other.

The same can be said about the Scandinavian powers, during this move, but you can never know. Many high officials in Denmark are still angry at Vasa and his heirs, and the rumors that they should take back Sweden have not died out. Sweden has dismissed these threats for the moment, focusing more on expanding in the Baltic States, where an early clash with Russia has resulted in an indecisive battle.

The Ottoman Empire asserts his borders with his taking control over the Black Sea. In the same nautical vein, England rules the waves of the North Sea and the North Atlantic.

Russia seems to have the most ambitious plan in the early year. As discussed above, it clashed with the Sweden over Ingra. It is also moving into the Caspian Sea and advancing towards Poland, who has made an ambiguous move this year.

Denmark:
A Jutland - Holstein
A Zealand - Jutland
A Scania Hold
F Vestlandet - Norwegian Sea

England:
F Ireland - North Atlantic Ocean
A Wales - London
F London - North Sea

France:
A Paris - Champagne
F Gascony - Bay of Biscay
A Burgundy - France Comte
A Provence - Savoy

HabsburgEmpire:
A Bohemia - Bavaria
A Austria - Western Hungary
A Croatia - Venice

OttomanEmpire:
A Egypt - Syria
A Anatolia - Constantinople
F Constantinople - Black Sea
A Greece Hold

Poland:
A White Russia - Mazovia
A Warsaw - Cracow
A Cracow - Bessarabia

Russia:
A Voronezj - Uralsk
A Moscow - Tula
A Novgorod - Ingria (*Bounce*)

Spain:
A Flanders - Netherlands
A Naples - Rome
A Castille - Portugal
F Granada - Mid-Atlantic Ocean

Sweden:
A Finland - Ingria (*Bounce*)
A Estonia - Pskov
F Stockholm - Baltic Sea
A Bergsl*gen - Stockholm

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 17:09
The deadline for submiting orders for Fall 1601 is Friday, 18 at 9:00 -5 GMT. This is:
9:00 AM U.S. Eastern Time
2:00 PM GMT/UT
3:00 PM CET

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 18:02
An interesting map, confusing moves from some...

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 18:24
Uh Oh!!! Can I open my eyes now? Am I still on the board? Can I come out of the cave now? Did I survive? Phewwwwww!!! I don't believe it, I'm still in the game! I may still have that nervous breakdown afterwards though. WOW, I don't know about you guys, but that was a lot of sweating for me! Is that what they call "battle fever"?

-------------
"Morty

Date Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 21:49
The rebellions in Portugal and the Low Countries have finally been quelled succesfully. The new Concordate with the Holy See provides that the Holy Inquisition will have special powers in the Netherlands, where many heretics and Jews had created a republican stronghold.

We also politely advise our cousin of France to retrieve her soldiers from our posession of the County of Burgundy (aka France Comte).

Philip III

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Kilikya
Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 02:15
oops, forgot my Scania move!!!  Sorry for making you wait Hugo!!!

Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 07:44

The March of Time:
European powers expand their sphere of influence
Some people have called this the biggest land grab in recorded history. Some people call this the beginning of a sure war. Whatever it is, things sure look hostile in the world.

For the moment, Spain, France, and the Habsburg Empire seem to be working in harmony, each seeking to arm in the future, but with no threatening moves against each other.

The same can be said about the Scandinavian powers, during this move, but you can never know. Many high officials in Denmark are still angry at Vasa and his heirs, and the rumors that they should take back Sweden have not died out. Sweden has dismissed these threats for the moment, focusing more on expanding in the Baltic States, where an early clash with Russia has resulted in an indecisive battle.

The Ottoman Empire asserts his borders with his taking control over the Black Sea. In the same nautical vein, England rules the waves of the North Sea and the North Atlantic.

Russia seems to have the most ambitious plan in the early year. As discussed above, it clashed with the Sweden over Ingra. It is also moving into the Caspian Sea and advancing towards Poland, who has made an ambiguous move this year.

I knew Sweden would attack me,so I tried to take some precautions for our inevitable war.

In fact,I am the one who will get least supply center in this year.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 09:22

Habsburgische Zeitung:        &nbs p;       Edition nummer #1

The mighty Habsburg Empire ended this season with his majesty archduke's neutral and friendly diplomatic negotiations and rightful claims.

Archduke Rudolf's message to the public:

Habsburg Empire will do every possible thing to protect the peace with his own neighbors and in all Europe...

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 12:26

So will I get one center, Turkey might aswell but we will stop it from doing so. Poland can get three...

To bad that:::

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Swedish King declares Catholician the official religion and gives the Church all it's former rights. The nobles march onto the borders to be shipped int ofights with Turkey thru HRE where the Bohemians are the target. Sweden aswell declares it's royal rights over Novgorodian lands by the edict of Jarl Birger who conquered Novgorod. RUSSIANS MUST SURRENDER NOVGOROD AND ACCEPT PEACE FROM THE RIGHTEOUS KING OF SWEDEN!

Sweden joins the Holy League if the Pope wants so.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 03:36

RUSSIA PROMULGATES:

SWEDEN IS DOOMED

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 07:49

From today's Times of London:

Violent reaction from the citizens of London yesterday at the news that the Lord Chamberlain's Players were planning to produce a new play by the well-known playwriter Wm. Shakspear, Esq., has led to the indefinite postponement of the opening.

Protests against anything Danish were sparked off by what is seen as the treachery of the Danish monarch in breaking his solemn undertakings to Her Majesty's advisers.  In the course of the scuffles at the Globe theatre, a lit taper was overturned, causing a fire that led to the burning down of the establishment.

In other news:

A spokesman for the Lord High Steward stated that the Queen and her court were unable to see what advantage the move could bring to Denmark, given the strength of the English naval defences. He pointed out that the only conceivable beneficiary would be the Spanish monarchy, due to the diversion of English forces from the task that should be much desired by all lovers of freedom - the liberation of the Lowlands from the Hapsburg yoke.

The Queen has reassured her much-beloved cousin and heir presumptive, the King of Scotland that England will ensure that Scotland receives the utmost protection, in view of what must soon be the union of the two crowns

Her Majesty's ambassador to the court of the King of Denmark has been recalled to London for consultations.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 08:19

Denmark reacts with surprise to the outrage caused by a normal defensive exercise and invites all European States to observe calm and maintain their sang froid. 

Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 11:25

In other news:

A spokesman for the Lord High Steward stated that the Queen and her court were unable to see what advantage the move could bring to Denmark, given the strength of the English naval defences. He pointed out that the only conceivable beneficiary would be the Spanish monarchy, due to the diversion of English forces from the task that should be much desired by all lovers of freedom - the liberation of the Lowlands from the Hapsburg yoke.

It is Habsburg.

Should I take these declarations from Lord Stew as a declaration of war? Spain won't tolerate interferences in our rightful domains of the Low Countries that were inherited by His Majesty from his great-grandfather, via his most glorious grandfather Emperor Carlos and his father King Felipe II.

We don't forget the disaster of the Grande y Felícisima Armada but we are ready to ammend it if that's the wish of Queen Elizabeth. I would ask the English Parlament to depose Lord Stew before open war breaks between our two nations. We have so far been as polite and contained as possible but if the perfidous Albion persists in its hostile attitude against Spain we will have no choice but to send our Navy to the north.

I oficially demand a public apology from England.

The Duke of Lerma.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 15:00

Originally posted by Maju

It is Habsburg.

Your message was passed to the publisher of the broadsheet concerned who says:

"Write a letter to the Editor. But if we can't spell Shakspyre how do you think we can spell Habspurg?"

The Lord High Steward apologises and points out that England is proud of its free press, and for instance of the right of Mr Shakespeer to put on any play he wishes. As soon as the riots die down.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 05:51

More from The Times:

From our court correspondent:

Informed sources are saying that the court is currently riven between two factions, following the suprising and pointless aggressive moves by Denmark. The 'Scottish' party is insisting that England's naval strength be concentrating on ensuring a peaceful accession of Scotland to the union in anticipation of the succession of King James, which, sad as it is to believe, surely cannot now be long delayed. The navy is believed to be favouring this approach.

Their opponents, who include several senior military figures, backed by certain Flemish commercial interests and emissaries of the House of Orange, apparently are arguing that since Scotland cannot be successfully invaded by Denmark, and further action could reasonably wait until the spring, attention should be focussed on relieving the plight  of the Netherlands.

It is unknown how the Queen herself is regarding the issue.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 10:15
Orders due tomorrow. Those who haven't sent them yet, please send them now

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 13:21
I believe I have sent orders and BTW, both versions: Habsburg and Hapsburg are correct and Germans would I believe mroe like the Hapsburg one.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 16:27
Deadline for Build Orders Tuesday, Nov. 22, at 9:00 –5 GMT/UT

9:00 U.S. EST
13:00 GMT/UT
14:00 CET

Everybody builds except Sweden.

If I get all of the orders before that, I will post the results on Monday.

The March of Time:

Fall of 1600:

The France and Spain are in a tense moment. There is an apparent naval cooperation, yet there is a squabble between the two nations at Flanders.

The Habsburg Empire seems keen on containing this war with its neighbor by securing its borders with France. His securing his border in Serbia was foiled by a bold move from the Ottoman Empire to claim Serbia as its own. So are Azerbaijan and the Black Sea.

Russia has decided to avoid direct confrontation with the Ottoman Empires, deciding instead to rule in the East. The mighty Swedish Empire, however, is threatening its North.

England rules over Scotland, but danger waits it, with both France and Spain at its shores.

Poland, once again, is an enigma.

Denmark:
F Norwegian Sea - Scotland (*Fails*)
A Holstein - Bremen
A Jutland - Holstein
A Scania - West Gothland

England:
F North Atlantic Ocean - Scotland
F North Sea Supports F North Atlantic Ocean - Scotland
A London Hold

France:
A Savoy Hold
A France Comte - Lorraine
F Bay of Biscay - English Channel
A Champagne - Flanders (*Bounce*)

HabsburgEmpire:
A Western Hungary - Serbia (*Fails*)
A Venice Hold
A Bavaria Hold

OttomanEmpire:
A Syria - Azerbaijan
A Constantinople - Serbia
A Greece Supports A Constantinople - Serbia
F Black Sea Hold

Poland:
A Bessarabia - Crimea
A Mazovia - Prussia
A Cracow - Bessarabia

Russia:
A Uralsk - Central Asia
A Tula - Novgorod (*Fails*)
A Novgorod - Ingria (*Fails*)

Spain:
A Rome Hold
A Portugal Hold
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Irish Sea
A Netherlands - Flanders (*Bounce*)

Sweden:
A Pskov Supports A Finland - Ingria
F Baltic Sea Convoys A Stockholm - Pomerelia
A Finland - Ingria
A Stockholm - Pomerelia

Ownership:

Denmark:   Bremen, Holstein, Jutland, Zealand, Scania,
            Vestlandet.
England:   Scotland, Ireland, Wales, London.
France:    Savoy, Paris, Gascony, Burgundy, Provence, Lorraine.
HabsburgEmpire: Western Hungary, Bohemia, Austria, Croatia,
            Venice, Bavaria.
OttomanEmpire: Egypt, Anatolia, Constantinople, Greece,
            Azerbaijan, Serbia.
Poland:    Crimea, Bessarabia, Prussia, White Russia, Warsaw,
            Cracow.
Russia:    Central Asia, Voronezj, Moscow, Novgorod.
Spain:     Rome, Flanders, Naples, Castille, Granada, Portugal,
            Netherlands.
Sweden:    Finland, Estonia, Stockholm, Bergsl*gen.
Unowned:   North Africa, Transylvania, Pomerania, Brandenburg.

Adjustments:

Denmark:   Supp 6 Unit 4 Build 2
England:   Supp 4 Unit 3 Build 1
France:    Supp 6 Unit 4 Build 2
HabsburgEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 3 Build 3
OttomanEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 4 Build 2
Poland:    Supp 6 Unit 3 Build 3
Russia:    Supp 4 Unit 3 Build 1
Spain:     Supp 7 Unit 4 Build 3
Sweden:    Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 16:28
Deadline for Build Orders Tuesday, Nov. 22, at 9:00 –5 GMT/UT

If I get them all soon, I can show results on Monday

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 02:13
I want the head of Lord Stew. Half cooked only, please.

Freedom of press... what a heressy!

And I also want the head of that French general that dared to march into Luxemburg.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 12:24
Sweden gets a build

The move of Sweden was to PON- Pomerania, not to PML,
Pomeralia.

I will fix the maps on Monday

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 14:25

Gazette Emperum :           ;     Vienna

Vile provocations on the diplomacy table:

Exclusive report from the Austrian chief of staff Count Heubert von Lustnigdorff:

To the Members of the European council and to the most highest folk of Austria from his majesty's honorable Austrian Archduke Rudolf:

Austria declares that he has been fooled by some leaders with news of fake alliances and false rumors.

Therefore, Austria has decided to move its 1st Balkan Army to Serbia in terms of national security.

Austria thereby declares that:

1- He has no bad intentions against any of the empires, including the new owners of Serbia, the Ottoman Empire, and he had made the move by believing in false rumors and being fooled.And also states that he has no intentions against Ottoman Empire and will maintain the peace if Ottoman Empire applies the further non-aggression rule in Europe.

2-Austria strongly requests the peace to be maintained in Eastern Europe. Austria is extremely uneasy with the firy situation in the east and asks the countries to cease their hostilities between each other

Austria will always be the guardian of peace at Europe!!!

May our majesty live long, may glorious armies of Austria march for honor!!!

Our holy emperor salutes the grand lords of Russia, Ottoman Empire, Poland,Denmark, Sweden,England,France and Spain

Emperor Rudolf I

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 15:23
The Great Sultan of Turkey does not accept this excuse, unless the Habsburg emperor tells him who spread those vile rumours, so that Turkey can start a crusade... crescentade against that country.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 20:57

WIENISCHER BRATWURST FÜR DÝE SCHWEDISCHEN:

TOP SECRET ROYAL LETTER IS CAPTURED BY OUR OFFICIALS:

Open Revelation from our honorable majesty:

The dishonest king of Sweden was my main source for these vile provocations..

Here is the proof :

If it is still this way, Austria will cut all his the diplomatic relations with Ottoman Empire and Sweden

His Majesty's Ambassador to Constantinople

Sent :  Wednesday, November 9, 2005 5:38 PM
To :   <alperutas@hotmail.com>
Subject :  Re: From the noble Habsburg king to Sweden and Russia
('getmsg','','','','','DC381079-0009-4496-BBB1-2BC338E8C916' ,'','','prev','')">Go to previous message | ('getmsg','','','','','DC381079-0009-4496-BBB1-2BC338E8C916' ,'','','next','')">Go to next message | Delete | javascript HM('curmbox=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001')">Inbox
Join Turkey and make a full scale invasion on
Austria...

Alper wrote:

> So what is your plan now?

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 03:04
And how is Sweden going to invade Austria, I wonder. Isn't Poland in between? 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 05:07

RUSSIA DECLARES TOTAL WAR ON

SWEDEN

BORIS GUDINOV,THE MIGHTY KING OF THE GREAT STATE OF RUSSIA  CALLED PEOPLE TO TAKE UP ARMS AGAINST THE SWEDISH LOSER.

''AFTER MASSACRES COMMITED  BY SWEDEN IN INGRIA,THIS WAR WAS INEVITABLE'' expressed by aristocracy of Europe.

''GUDINOV IS A DANGEROUS MAN...HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE INTRIGUES.SWEDEN DID THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF HER LIFE'' the belief that aristocracy of Europe bears.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 06:25

Different Headlines from the European Press after Swedish Scandal...

LA GAZZETTA DELLA POMODORA:-Italy

War certain after Swedish Aggression

DÝE BÝRNE:-Germany

All doesn't seem quiet in the Eastern Front anymore

THE MOON:-England

What is the true aim of Ottoman-Swedish Alliance?

AMIGO:-SPAIN

War erupts after mail scandal.

WARSCHAUWICZ:-POLAND

Is Poland under conspiracy by Sweden and Ottoman?

DULLSVILLE CHRONICLE:-USA

Winds of War in Europe after Ottoman aggression and Swedish Massacres

ÖSTERREICHE GAZETTE EMPERUM:-AUSTRIA

Dirty moves on the diplomacy table

AARHUS TIMES-DENMARK

O milord, where is the good ol' honest diplomats and statesman

LE PARISIENNE-FRANCE

Peace atmosphere unreparably destroyed by some agressors

IL GIORNALE DI VATICAN-PAPAL STATES

Pope is awaited to stop the agressors by declaring a new Crusade over Ottomans and expel dishonorable Sweden out of the holy Christian world

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 06:33

Exclusive report from the Austrian chief of staff Count Heubert von Lustnigdorff:

'Lustnigdorff'

(Hey, that comment is outside of the game. Don't blame Queen Elizabeth I )

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 06:54

Different Headlines from the European Press after Swedish Scandal...

LA GAZZETTA DELLA POMODORA:-Italy

DÝE BÝRNE:-Germany

THE MOON:-England

AMIGO:-SPAIN

WARSCHAUWICZ:-POLAND

DULLSVILLE CHRONICLE:-USA

ÖSTERREICHE GAZETTE EMPERUM:-AUSTRIA

AARHUS TIMES-DENMARK

IL GIORNALE DI VATICAN-PAPAL STATES

lollllllll

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 07:23
Curiously there was no press at this time. Can you imagine a world without press, all based in rumors and oficial proclaims?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 07:34

Curiously there was no press at this time. Can you imagine a world without press, all based in rumors and oficial proclaims?

Oh, so boring

I invented the press here

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 07:51

The new Invention ofRussia

RUSSIA HAS JUST INVENTED HER NEW WEAPON FOR HER TOTAL WAR ON SWEDEN...In order to frighten her enemies,Russia also invented photo-camera to take pictures of this tremendous weapon.

Boris Gudunov named this weapon as Tank Arda.

Here you see Boris Gudunov lifting his arm showing his folk where they are gonna rock: Sweden

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 08:37

You mean as opposed to having a press all based on rumours and official proclamations?

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 10:37

You mean as opposed to having a press all based on rumours and official proclamations?

Well, seen like that...

I just meant that news travelled slowly then and Public Opinion was kind of irrelevant or easily manipulated. No wonder that religion was so important.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 09:30
Corrected map.

Sweden gets a build by moving to Pomerania.
Winter of 1600

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 09:52
Spring 1601 Orders due on Monday 28th, at 9:00 -5 GMT/UT
That is:

9:00 US EST
14:00 GTM/UT
15:00 CET

The March of Time:

Spain becomes a naval power overnight! England prepares of what looks like a coming invasion by building a new fleet.

Ottoman Empire, Russia and Sweden build armies, preparing for the brutal battles that await both of them.

Denmark and France decided on a land and sea strategy, building both a fleet and an army each.

Silently, both Poland the Habsburg Empire built huge armies. The intentions of either country are not known. Some rumor that Poland will advance against Russia, while other’s claim that they are allies. The Habsburg Empire seems focused on protecting his empire…or is he?

Build Orders and Status

I did not get build orders for Poland or Habsburg, so I used the default rules. As a courtesy to other players, please send your build orders so that the game can keep moving.

Denmark:
Build F Scania
Build A Vestlandet

England:
Build F Ireland

France:
Build F Gascony
Build A Paris

HabsburgEmpire:
Build A Austria
Build A Croatia
Build A Bohemia

OttomanEmpire:
Build A Constantinople
Build A Anatolia

Poland:
Build A White Russia
Build A Warsaw
Build A Cracow

Russia:
Build A Moscow

Spain:
Build F Granada
Build F Naples
Build F Flanders

Sweden:
Build A Bergsl*gen

Ownership:

Vestlandet.
            Venice, Bavaria.
            Azerbaijan, Serbia.
            Cracow.
            Netherlands.
Sweden:    Pomerania, Finland, Estonia, Stockholm, Bergsl*gen.
Unowned:   North Africa, Transylvania, Brandenburg.

Adjustments:

Denmark:   Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
England:   Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0
France:    Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
HabsburgEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
OttomanEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
Poland:    Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
Russia:    Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0
Spain:     Supp 7 Unit 7 Build 0
Sweden:    Supp 5 Unit 5 Build 0

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 13:13
Spain becomes a naval power overnight!

Have you heard of the Armada Invencible? This is a remake. A lot better.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 15:53

Spain becomes a naval power overnight!

Have you heard of the Armada Invencible? This is a remake. A lot better.

It could hardly do worse. Of course in 1588 France and Denmark were keeping themselves to themselves.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 12:22
Omg... It is terrible for me. I have to choose who to attack sand it is not easy in any circumstance.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 16:43

East and West Hungry are two different territoires, correct?

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 16:57
Originally posted by Thegeneral

East and West Hungry are two different territoires, correct?

Correct.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 17:47
I think that some people is having a hard time with the map and its names. So I thought I would post this 200% version of the map (in two halves), so interested ones may want to print and place in their walls or whatever. There's also a list of the provinces that are abbreviated in the map.

Provinces that appear abbreviated in the map with their full names:

Denmark & Norway:
Ost - Ostlandet
Jut - Jutland
Zea - Zealand

England:
Cum - Cumbria
Yor - York

Holy Roman Empire:
Fla - Flanders (Spain)
Hol - Holstein
Bre - Bremen
Wst - Westfalen
Hes - Hessen
Mec - Mecklemburg
Pon - Pomerania
Bra - Brandenburg
FCo - France Comte (Spain)

France:
Cha - Champagne
Pro - Provence

Northern Seas:
Hel - Helgoland Bight
Kat - Kattegat
SoB - Sea of Bornholm

Sweden:
Ber -  Bergsl*gen
WGo - West Gotaland
Sma - Smaeland
Est - Estonia

Poland and Prussia:
Pru- Prussia
Pml - Pomerelia
GPo - Great Poland
LPo - Little Poland

Italy:
Sav - Savoy
Tus - Tuscany
Mil - Milan (Spain)
Ven - Venice

Balcans:
Cro - Croatia (Habsburg)
Wes. Hung. - Western Hungary

I think that all the others have full names on them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 18:49
Oh that is SO much better.  Thank you!

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 09:09
Damnit! I can't make Bergsl*gen look like it should. The "a" becomes an asterisk. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 20:10
Slag has been removed from the word censor list by Komnenos
We can now say slag as often as we like.

Back to the game now, because it will be what we call in Dutch a "slagveld".

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 09:20
I had no idea "slag" was any bad word. What does it mean? 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 12:13
THank you aswell for these provinces. I was always thinking wtf is SoB but now i can get a clue not that i know such thing to exist but...

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 14:03
So when will this turn's results be put, I don't know why,but I am more curious than ever

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 14:05
Deadline December 2, 2005 9:00 -5 GMT/UT

The March of Time:

France and Spain, only a year ago thought to be in conflict, surprisingly cooperate during the spring of 1601. Spain rules in the Atlantic while France reigns over its own Coast and the English Channel. A united invasion against England seems imminent. Apparently the British intelligence was aware of this, and England has positioned its armies and fleets in defensive mode.

Meanwhile, the old Denmark-Sweden antagonism seems to be alive and well. Denmark has done everything but declared war to Sweden, concentrating more than half of its military power on the Northern nation.

Has a treaty been brokered between Sweden and Russia? Their borders were surprisingly silent this last spring. Or maybe Russia is just buying time while the Polish troops come to its rescue.

Russia, in the mean time, is eager to close its Southern border with the Ottoman Empire. Ironically, the Ottoman Empire seems to have too little interest in the area, for the moment. Instead, it claims most of the Balkans as its natural border, sharing the just secured Black sea territories with Poland.

The Habsburg Empire rules in Central Europe, and attempted to further their rule into Illyria, only to be stopped by the Ottoman’s advance to the same territory.

Denmark:
F Norwegian Sea - Skaggarak
A Bremen Supports A Holstein - Mecklenburg
A Holstein - Mecklenburg
F Scania - Sea of Bornholm (*Bounce*)
A Vestlandet - Ostlandet
A West Gothland Supports A Vestlandet - Ostlandet

England:
F North Sea - London
F Scotland Hold
F Ireland Hold
A London - Wales

France:
A Savoy Hold
F English Channel Supports F Flanders - North Sea
A Champagne - Normandy
A Paris - Brittany
F Gascony - Bay of Biscay
A Lorraine Hold

HabsburgEmpire:
A Western Hungary Supports A Austria - Eastern Hungary
A Bohemia - Silisia
A Austria - Eastern Hungary
A Croatia - Illyria (*Fails*)
A Venice - Croatia (*Fails*)
A Bavaria - Austria

OttomanEmpire:
A Anatolia - Constantinople
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Greece - Illyria
F Black Sea Supports A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Azerbaijan Hold
A Serbia Supports A Greece - Illyria

Poland:
A Crimea Hold
A Bessarabia Hold
A Prussia - Livonia
A White Russia Hold
A Warsaw - Great Poland
A Cracow - Transylvania

Russia:
A Central Asia - Uralsk
A Moscow Supports A Novgorod
A Tula - Voronezj
A Novgorod Hold

Spain:
A Rome Hold
F Flanders - North Sea
F Naples - Tyrrhenian Sea
F Granada - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
A Portugal Hold
F Irish Sea - North Atlantic Ocean
A Netherlands Hold

Sweden:
A Pomerania - Brandenburg
A Pskov Hold
A Ingria Supports A Pskov
F Baltic Sea - Sea of Bornholm (*Bounce*)
A Bergslagen Hold

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 15:50
The Grande y Felícisima Armada II is doing well its job this time. It may be that I have to thank French support but it may also be because I have chosen true mariners for the posts of Admiral and Vice-Admirals, not like daddy, who prefered a silverspoon from Valladolid. The Spanish crown, decided to confront the future with pride, has started a major reform of the army and navy and from now on all generals will be chosen according to their merits and not their blood.

Hope it works, because the ecological disaster caused by cutting so many trees could else destroy the whole country.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 28-Nov-2005 at 18:03

Message from Austrian Archduke:

"To secure peace, prepare for war"

Austrian Empire officially declares war on Ottoman Empire, who made his decision in the way to continue his hostilities against the holy Habsburg throne...

Austrian Archduke calls all his fellow Christian powers to defend the honor of Crusades against the evil Ottoman Empire.

From now on, OPERATION WATERFALL had begun...

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 12:15

The Swedish king calls up Arriere Ban and every day thousands of men are being trained in the Academies of Uppsala and STockholm to march into battles.

'The Danish have unrightly started a war against the Swedish Nation and that is why if the DAnish do not retreat from Swedish borders, the war will be unhappy.'

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 19:57

King Incapacitated!

The Polish Palace reported that the king was suffering from headaches, aparently brough on upon premanitions of future Germany conquering the world.  The Polish King asked his advisors to ask the worlds powers to forgive him in his absense and not take any silence as a threat of war or impending war.  The Kings doctors have said the migrains are minor but may persist for another year before finally tampering off.

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 12:27

Swedish King declares the Danish in every land except Spain and England and France to be under his holy protection.

The Danish have never been so truthspeaking as they are now. Long live the Kingdoms of Denmark and Sweden.

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 15:00
Originally posted by rider

Swedish King declares the Danish in every land except Spain and England and France to be under his holy protection.

What about a million Danes in Vienna?

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:13

May I be the first from the family of Kings of Europe to offer wishes of good health to the Polish King and thus gain good will and future favors.

Cristiano

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:18

Are we talking pastries or people?

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:24

RUSSIA hopes that the map of tomorow will not show the fatal mistakes done by some European countries.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 06:00

thanks

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 12:46

Thanks > fatal mistakes?

Swedish King says that the Riksdag should gather quickly to help him to understand what did the fatal errors - thanks mean.

The Minister of Russian Business has consulted the King in order to say that only state what can have made mistakes and what Russia truly can know about is Russia itself so all peasants in Finland are granted rights to laugh for five minutes every half-hour.

The Minister of Anglo-French-Austro Business has consulted the king in saying that if the Russian tzar is a occultist or even worse - a sooithsayer then the map may again only show the foolishness of russian moves for the tzar forgot them and wanted to know what he had done - seeing very stupid moves he consulted us and we must now help the tzar.

Riksdag has as well announced that all ministries are recreated and now there are 14 ministries:

1. The Ministry of Fincances
  2. The Ministry of Russian Business
  3. The Ministry of Anglo-French-Austro Business
  4. The Ministry of Scandinavian Business
  5. The Ministry of Spanish and Catholic Business
  6. The Ministry of Polish and German Business
  7. The Ministry of Islamic Business
  8. The Ministry of Agriculture
  9. The Ministry of Foreign Relations
  10. The Ministry of Technology and Inventions
  11. The Ministry of War
  12. The Ministry of Land Forces
  13. The Ministry of Naval Forces
  14. The Ministry of Diplomacy

PS! The King would like every head of a state to introduce their ministries and if availiable, then ministers.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 15:04
Deadline for Autumn Monday, at 9:00 –5 GMT/UT

That is:

9:00 US EST
14:00 GTM/UT
15:00 CET

I must get retreats from Sweden and Ottoman Empire.

Retreats:
Ottoman A Illyria can retreat to Greece.
Swedish A Brandenburg can retreat to Hesse or Pomerelia or Saxony.
Swedish A Bergslagen can retreat to Stockholm.

The March of time

The North on fire!: Sweden betrayed and England invaded

The most dramatic news this fall was the massive betrayal of Sweden by all of his neighbors and allies. Denmark solidly advances against Sweden, and as Poland attempted to take Pomerania.

Towards the west, a surprising coordinated invasion against England has occurred. France has two armies on its land, while Spain offered logistical support with its armada.

Russia and Poland end the previous ambiguity about the relationship between the two nations: they are bitter enemies. While Russia attempted to take Crimea to gain a port for the fatherland, Poland advances to Tula, preparing what seems to be a major attack on the Russian border.

The Habsburg Empire solidly moves into Illyra, pushing its border with the Ottoman Empire south, while the Ottoman Empire militarizes its border with Russia and Poland on the Eastern shore of the Black Sea.

Ownership:

Vestlandet.
              Venice, Bavaria.
              Azerbaijan, Serbia.
              Cracow.
              Netherlands.
Sweden:    Pomerania, Finland, Estonia, Stockholm, Bergslagen.
Unowned:   North Africa, Transylvania, Brandenburg.

Adjustments:

Denmark:   Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
England:   Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0
France:    Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
HabsburgEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
OttomanEmpire: Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
Poland:    Supp 6 Unit 6 Build 0
Russia:    Supp 4 Unit 4 Build 0
Spain:     Supp 7 Unit 7 Build 0
Sweden:    Supp 5 Unit 5 Build 0

Denmark:
F Skaggarak - Kattegat
A Bremen Hold
A Mecklenburg - Brandenburg
F Scania - Smaland
A Ostlandet Supports A West Gothland - Bergslagen
A West Gothland - Bergslagen

England:
F Scotland Supports F Ireland - North Atlantic Ocean (*Cut*)
F Ireland - North Atlantic Ocean (*Fails*)
A Wales Supports F London
F London Hold

France:
A Savoy Hold
F Bay of Biscay Convoys A Brittany - Cumbria
F English Channel Convoys A Normandy - Cornwall
A Brittany - Cumbria
A Normandy - Cornwall
A Lorraine Hold

HabsburgEmpire:
A Eastern Hungary - Serbia (*Fails*)
A Western Hungary Supports A Croatia - Illyria
A Silisia Supports A Mecklenburg - Brandenburg
A Austria - Slovakia
A Croatia - Illyria
A Venice - Croatia

OttomanEmpire:
A Constantinople - Georgia
A Bulgaria Supports A Serbia
A Illyria - Western Hungary (*Dislodged*)
F Black Sea Convoys A Constantinople - Georgia
A Azerbaijan Supports A Constantinople - Georgia
A Serbia Supports A Illyria - Western Hungary (*Cut*)

Poland:
A Crimea Hold
A Bessarabia Supports A Crimea
A Transylvania Hold
A Great Poland - Pomerania (*Fails*)
A Livonia - White Russia
A White Russia - Tula

Russia:
A Voronezj - Crimea (*Fails*)
A Uralsk Supports A Voronezj - Crimea
A Moscow Supports A Novgorod
A Novgorod Hold

Spain:
F Tyrrhenian Sea - North Africa
A Rome Hold
A Portugal Hold
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean Convoys A Brittany - Cumbria
F North Atlantic Ocean Convoys A Brittany - Cumbria
F North Sea - Scotland (*Fails*)
A Netherlands Hold

Sweden:
A Brandenburg Supports A Mecklenburg - Pomerania (*Dislodged*)
A Pskov - Estonia
A Ingria Supports A Livonia - Pskov (*Void*)
F Baltic Sea Supports A Mecklenburg - Pomerania (*Void*)
A Bergslagen Hold (*Dislodged*)

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 04:50

I must tell you all that Denmark is untrustable, trying himself to convince me before that he wanted an alliance and trade of provinces, now attacking me with full strenght.

I aswell warn Poland that after DEnmark has vanished me from Germany, he will go after you because I have attacked Russia and Denmark is a vasall of Russia.

Announcment of the Minister of Armies:

I have founded an organization that's princibles are to fight Russia and Denmark. The organization is called The Holy League of Catholic Kings of Sweden and _____ and ______ and _______ against the protestant peasants of Denmark. Every king is able to join it if he or she freely declares that honbour of the Danes has gone beloew the ground level in one and a half-minutes.

Signed, Minister of Land Armies of the Catholic Sweden.

Au revoir!

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 05:24

Got to admit I didn't see that multiple convoy.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 10:20

I must tell you all that Denmark is untrustable, trying himself to convince me before that he wanted an alliance and trade of provinces, now attacking me with full strenght.

I aswell warn Poland that after DEnmark has vanished me from Germany, he will go after you because I have attacked Russia and Denmark is a vasall of Russia.

Announcment of the Minister of Armies:

I have founded an organization that's princibles are to fight Russia and Denmark. The organization is called The Holy League of Catholic Kings of Sweden and _____ and ______ and _______ against the protestant peasants of Denmark. Every king is able to join it if he or she freely declares that honbour of the Danes has gone beloew the ground level in one and a half-minutes.

Signed, Minister of Land Armies of the Catholic Sweden.

Au revoir!

If you leave your back open,someone will fill it.Thats the kernel of the game.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 11:18
Why hasn't France occupied Bavaria.
But above all: Why has Spain occupied Northern Africa

apart from that, I just invented something new: "preemptive strike". I think it's very cool. It's a good excuse for any war.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 11:32

Got to admit I didn't see that multiple convoy.

Más sabe el Diablo por viejo que por diablo. (Knows more the Devil for being old than for being a devil).

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 11:35

Russia congratulates Spainish invasion of Africa.

Russia has always been a fan of Spanish Armada.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 11:37

POLAND

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 12:15
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Why hasn't France occupied Bavaria.
But above all: Why has Spain occupied Northern Africa

apart from that, I just invented something new: "preemptive strike". I think it's very cool. It's a good excuse for any war.

We have occupied the Barbary states following the Ottoman doctrine of the preemptive strike. We felt threatened by the Barbary corsairs and decided that the best to do was to intervene there... well guess that you can call "war to terrorism", a new concept I just invented with the help of some Dominican friars of the Holy Inquisition.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 17:23

The Habsburg Empire also congratulates his brother throne Habsburgian Spain

The Habsburg Archduke was quoted to say:

" I had been always envious and sympathetic of my cousin's Great Armada"

-------------
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Date Posted: 04-Dec-2005 at 06:01
Hmm. I believe the right form of the word is 'Habsburgian' not 'Habsburgic'.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com