Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hitler's attempts to make alliance with Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitler's attempts to make alliance with Poland
    Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 09:56
Hitler asked Poland to join the Anti-Comintern Pact, an anti-Soviet alliance comprising Germany, Japan and Italy. I would say that he had no intention of attacking Poland as well as he had no intention to attack Japan or Italy.

Thats the main sifference between Poland and for example Czechoslovakia.
Hitler never asked Czechoslovakia to join the Anti-Comintern Pact. That shows the clear difference in his attitudes toward the two countries; Poland was a potential ally while Czechoslovakia was an enemy to be eliminated.

Hitler's change of attitude toward Poland in 1939 was similar to his change of attitude toward Italy in 1943. In both cases he was feeling that he was betrayed by a nation he considered as his ally.

Poland was in very good and warm relations with both Japan and Italy. Japan was even pressing on German goverment to include Poland into Anti-Comintern Pact. After German invasion on Poland, Japan still cooperated with Poland and even gave diplomatic passports to Polish agents of secret services in Germany. Italians were even emotionaly more on Polish than German side. With both Italy and Japan during 30ties Poland had much better relations than with France or England. And with Hungary even warmer.

Edited by Mosquito - 12-Apr-2016 at 10:02
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 09:40
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

The outburst may well have been for show, Mosquito, for in 1935 the Nazis brought out a law prohibiting the hunting of wolves, that is on top of there banning of non-German and non-Aryans from hunting. Not significant you might think. However wolves were already extinct in Germany but not in Poland, and it has been suggested plans to invade Poland were already being written up.

Well, here is another German sign of German-Polish friendship. Red wolf, German black eagle and Polish white eagle. In the description is written" "wolfhunt" - we are hunting for wolves, eagles are under protection"

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 09:01
Originally posted by Mosquito

Those attempts and tempting was conducted until april 1939 when finally Poland signed defence treaty with Great Britain. That treaty made Hitler mad and caused his histeric outburst, angry Hitler was shouting that Poles will pay him for their treachery.

The outburst may well have been for show, Mosquito, for in 1935 the Nazis brought out a law prohibiting the hunting of wolves, that is on top of there banning of non-German and non-Aryans from hunting. Not significant you might think. However wolves were already extinct in Germany but not in Poland, and it has been suggested plans to invade Poland were already being written up.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 08:44
Before Hitler came to power Germany and Poland were in the state which can be called a cold war. Polish minority and its organisations in Germany suffered from heavy persecuations. But when Hitler came to power the course of German policy toward Poland has changed. Polish minority and organisations in Germany recived so much freedom that special delegate of Polish goverment in Germany was even called back to Poland because he had nothing to do anymore in Germany while Hitler didnt even allow for anti-Polish articles in German press.

All those acts of good will from the German side were also well recived in Poland.

Piłsudski, that time a dictator of Poland did present to Polish goverment such analysis of situation in Germany after Hitler took power:

1. German Nazi party is definatelly a revolutionary movement.
2. All the reformers and revolutionaries have tendency to destroy everything what was before and to start everything from begining. Therefore there is a chance to start new discussion with Germany about old problems.
3. Every revolutionary movement needs some time period of peace and safety from its neighbour countries.
4. Hitler is an Austrian, not Prussian. Between his closest cooperators there is no single Prussian. Most of anti-Polish propaganda in Germany was generated by Prussians.

Such situation in Germany in the opinion of Pilsudski was allowing for the start of new relations with Germany. For 5 years German propaganda became very pro-Polish, stressing that Poland might even become the ally of Germany against the French.

This is example of German propaganda showing warm German-Polish relations which are angering France.

However all Poland wanted was to stay neutral between Germany and Soviet Union while Hitler tried to drag Poland into axis, invited it together with Japan and Italy to sign the pact, which Poland refused. Many Nazi officials were coming to Poland with more or less official visitis, such like Goering's visits for hounting, trying to convince Poland to ally with Germany and promissing the whole territory of Ukraine as a reward after joined victory over Soviet Union. They were even promissing Odessa in exchange for Danzig/Gdansk.

Here on the picture Ignacy Moscicki president of Poland hounting together with Hermann Goering in winter 1938. And Goering was even more than other Nazists friendly to Poland.

Those attempts and tempting was conducted until april 1939 when finally Poland signed defence treaty with Great Britain. That treaty made Hitler mad and caused his histeric outburst, angry Hitler was shouting that Poles will pay him for their treachery.

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 07:18
Originally posted by Mosquito

Hitler's attempts to make alliance with Poland before WW2.

I start this thread on the request of Alani who wanted to discuss those matters. I will be posting messages and materials when will have opportunity (being at work right now).

This is more like it, Mosquito, a proper thread. Yes, I love such underhand/ smart manoeuvrings such as the German-Polish non-aggression pact. It is widely believed that through the Polish embassy a suggestion was made to the French to attack the German(The Germans in 1934 being still very weak)jointly with them. This was done in not such a private way so the Germans get to hear about it. So, bingo, this pact suddenly appears which puts an end to the rumours and allows the Germans to continue to strengthen, and the border and trade disputes(which was what the Polish were after all the time.)were sorted out.

Edit: I know, stictly as this was the Polish aiming to create this pact by underhand methods it's not really Hitler's doing. But hey I'm sure you don't mind, Mosquito, do you?

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 12-Apr-2016 at 07:22
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 06:51
Hitler's attempts to make alliance with Poland before WW2.

I start this thread on the request of Alani who wanted to discuss those matters. I will be posting messages and materials when will have opportunity (being at work right now).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123