Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Genocide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Genocide
    Posted: 06-May-2005 at 16:54
Im from the inner Agean many of my relatives were murdered by Greeks.But I dont hate Greeks.I even feel a sympathy for them.(I dont like facistsof any nation though.)

"Inner Aegean"?????
Where exactly is that situated?

Murdered by Hellines????
When exactly did this take place??? Here we post based on facts dear friend. So it is plain logic that you should have already supported these ridicolous claims with FACT.
I say so, isn't any kind of proof.

I even feel a sympathy for them.(I dont like facistsof any nation though.)

Oh, how big of you to feel sympathy for us. A trully great man that Gazi, a "great man" that hates facsists.
I guess that is why you use the GAZI title as your screen name, because you're a democratic kind of guy with NO hate, just love to be "named" a Gazi=Warrior of the Islamic faith, continuing the JIHAD against us as your ancestors did before you.

So great warrior, I demand you support your ridiculous claims by presenting sources and I don't mean any propaganda crap.
REAL Historic sources that make any kind of reference to the killings you dream of.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 08:54

Originally posted by Phallanx

Im from the inner Agean many of my relatives were murdered by Greeks.But I dont hate Greeks.I even feel a sympathy for them.(I dont like facistsof any nation though.)

"Inner Aegean"?????
Where exactly is that situated?

Murdered by Hellines????
When exactly did this take place??? Here we post based on facts dear friend. So it is plain logic that you should have already supported these ridicolous claims with FACT.
I say so, isn't any kind of proof.

The Inner agean is the place which doesnt have a shoreline with the Agean sea but still the climate,vegetables and fruits are from the Agean climate.(look at a map of Turkey and you will see cities like Denizli and Uak these are cities from the inner Agean part.)

I suppose you know the brief Greek invasion of western Anatolia.When they retreated they burnt the places they had occupied.Its usually what occupying armies do as they retreat.

And lastly yes GAZI does mean "warrior of faith".But I picked the name because Gazis were quite brave and were useful during the early Ottoman period.NOT because it means the "warrior of faith".

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:33

Phallanx once said to me:  "I have no need of copy and paste anything, there are more than a few people alive that were driven out of Smyrna leaving behind homes and dead family that are more proof than you'll ever have."

Now he says to Gazi:  "I demand you support your ridiculous claims by presenting sources and I don't mean any propaganda crap.
REAL Historic sources that make any kind of reference to the killings you dream of."

Mr Twoface he is. Testimonies are ok to prove his points but he wont accept them from others. Who are you to demand anything? Thats what I say!

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 14:03
Originally posted by TJK

The only example of actual genocide I'm aware of[1] was the extermination of the original Slavic Prussians by the invading Teutons who took over both the country and the name.

Prussian (as well as Lithuanians and Latvians) were Baltic tribe - not Slavic.

True, but the Balts are considered Slavonic at least by some people.

"The Lithuanians belong to the Indo-Germanic family, of which they form with the Letts and the extinct Borussians (Old Prussians) the Balto-Slavonic group. "

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09292a.htm

For an analysis of the linguistic position, see

http://www.asu.edu/clas/reesc/asugh/GHPIE.HTM

But I'll accept that whether the Balts can properly be called Slavs (or Slavonic) is a matter of dispute.

In any case it's irrelevant to my main point.

Are there any other cases of actual genocide rather than attempted genocide?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 16:12

The figures that you are giving are wrong. It seems that your view is largely affected by your biased subjective perceptions that you have. Therefore its not credible and worthwhile to take seriously.

Huseyin

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:59
Seko
Don't twist my "statements" so they appear as if they are in "your" favor.
This was said in a totally different one of our (many) arguments when after posting a looooooooong list of sources, names, documents, Resolutions, testimonies............ all we heared were your(general) ridiculous responses such as:
UN and Human rights are Christian clubs, he is a traitor when quoting Turks, he's not credible when quoting Henry Morgenthau, you're a liar, we had the pleasure of seeing you attempt to distort what Mango wrote,............
so I then made reference to testimonies by survivors of Smyrna.

I suppose you know the brief Greek invasion of western Anatolia.When they retreated they burnt the places they had occupied.Its usually what occupying armies do as they retreat.

Com'on Gazi this is ridiculous, you are talking about a city that was predominately Christian throughout the whole Ottoman empire and before it. The population during the Ottoman rule was in its majority Hellines, Armenians and some Assyrians and I'm sure your Ottoman archives will support this.

So the same people that had lived under the Ottoman rule for so many years, were killed by their own and those that were still alive, burned their own houses down and fled to the sea asking from the 30 allied ships to rescue them????????

Don't know if there is a "laughing my ass off" smilie available. 

Anyway, just so you see what you've obviously never been taught, do a search on:
"GENOCIDE PROCLAMATION BY N.J. GOVERNOR JIM MCGREEVEY Press Release from: Pan-Pontian Federation of U.S. & Canada New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey issued a Proclamation on September 8, 2002, recognizing the Genocide of Pontos, Asia MInor and the destruction of Smyrna. He concludes by proclaiming September 9, 2002, as A DAY OF REMEMBRANCE OF THE DESTRUCTION OF SMYRNA AND THE GENOCIDE AGAINST THE GREEK PEOPLE OF PONTUS AND ASIA MINOR."

You'll find more than enough valuable info.

And while you are at it. Why don't you translate this for me and tell me if I got it right:

Official order for the destruction of all Hellenes and the abuse of the Hellenic women.

"To the Commander of the Central Corps.
I call your attention to the following:
Death to the Hellenes who lack honour. As soon as you are given the first sign, immediately destroy all. As for whatever regarding the women, don't hesitate. Don't consider neither honour nor friendship when comes the moment of revenge.
The commander of the corps
Mehmet Azit."

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 12:10
I think you are talking about zmir when you said that Christians were a majority.Thats true but many other cities were mostly Turkish.By the way can you give me links to this paper as I cant  read Arabic.
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 15:07

Phallanx wrote to me:  "we had the pleasure of seeing you attempt to distort what Mango wrote,............ "

Not so fast Phallanx, tell me what Mango wrote then we will judge. I need more than a link from an amazon.com book reviewer. You blast off baseless junk and hide behind links. Again what exactly did Mango write? I know the exact page that I used for my arguement. I will give you the page number and direct quote from this book regarding our discussion only after you provide your quote from the book first. Then we will see the kind of cheap tactics that you use. I am waiting!

My assessment that you are two faced still stands. You try to foam at the mouth when it only suits you. But you cannot hide from the fact that you use testimonies that fits your desires as you seem fit and you chastise others for using them. You are not fair. Your illogical arguement proves it.

Edited by Seko
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:14
Seko

Once again you attempt to turn a general discussion into some kind of personal assault against me. NO prob, this just proves who and what you are. If you have Mango's bio of Ataturk please do present the page that the according to you "bias" review quotes.    Please do prove you are much more than the idiot that we believe.

A review from amazon is more than enough for me, since I won't waste my money on such crap. Sorry but that's all I can provide.
WHAT DID YOU PROVIDE BESIDE INSULTS??????

Gazi
If dear friend you can't read the ORIGINAL Ottoman script then why the hell get into this discussion?????????

Edited by Phallanx
Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:46

Phallanx, don't try to convince Turks and turkophiles that we and the rest of the Christian populations of Asia Minor suffered a genocide. Seko for instance probably believes that the term genocide is a Jewish monopoly. After all, Kemal was the savior of the Turkish nation and a great figure for his people and a butcher for us.

No matter how good or bad a Greek or a Turkish person can be, politics will always be the superior force that will dictate our lives and we will never be able to overcome it or walk through a shortcut to avoid possible conflicts.

If I ever have to aim somebody with a gun (and I really hope not to, since murder is a sin) that will be a guy from the other side of the Aegean. And I will have to do so for similar reasons our ancestors did. Turkey still refuses to accept the historical truth that the Christian populations of the Ottoman Empire were violently exterminated by its regime and later by Kemal. We can't expect a peaceful future by today's situation.

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:50
since murder is a sin

Thats the reason why you think murder is wrong?

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:53
Yes, according to my Christian faith but I also know that universal moral values consider murder to be a horrible crime. Did that sound so strange? 
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:58
 Since Im athiest I always find religious people ridicule it by mocking my moral values by making statements that I would do something illegal or criminal if I could get away with it since I dont believe in the posthumous judgement and that kind of ticks me off since I dont find that a judgement should be the reason why someone should not kill a person or comit a crime in general.   

Anyway this is the first time I am hearing of these genocide acts or claims.
Not the Armenian but the Pontic Greek.  

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 22:23
Molossos

I believe it is not only my but everyones obligation to educate any ignorant "human being" about the historic FACTS that involve his/her country. If they choose to be educated or not is totally up to them, but I did try and that is more than enough for me.

By Albo

I'll agree that moral values have nothing to do with religion but I do suggest you do a search about ethnic cleansing of Hellinic Pontians, Imvros and Tenedos., Smyrna, Chios.............. 1918-1922 may have been good years for wine but were a totall disaster to humanity.
Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 22:45
I mentioned the universal moral values didn't I? Please keep your ideas to yourself because I prefer to be a believer in Christianity and it is a sin to me, no matter how you judge it.
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:57

Originally posted by Phallanx

Molossos

I believe it is not only my but everyones obligation to educate any ignorant "human being" about the historic FACTS that involve his/her country. If they choose to be educated or not is totally up to them, but I did try and that is more than enough for me.

Sorry Phallanx....

U cannot educate brainwashed persons ....Final .

To educate someone u have to have certain conditions....like freedom of speech .... which for now , do not exist in certain neighboring areas... So , nice try , but .......

Isk. 

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 02:28

You are very interesting personalities.

Your inferiority complex against Turks made you sick. I advise you to calm down as soon as possible. Turkish people did not forget that terrorist leader of Ocalan has been arrested in Greek embassy in Kenya.

Do you know the result of supporting terrorism? Look at Afganistan......

But international treaty, Lausanne Treaty, ratified by many states after the war say the contrary. But the realities are in fact just the contrary. It is really very hard to understand many Greek forumers but it is obvious that they are created by "professional" education masters. Greece state is abusing you, she distort the truths.

JUST READ:

http://www.hri.org/docs/lausanne/part2.html 

"ARTICLE 59.

Greece recognises her obligation to make reparation for the damage caused in Anatolia by the acts of the Greek army or administration which were contrary to the laws of war.

On the other hand, Turkey, in consideration of the financial situation of Greece resulting from the prolongation of the war and from its consequences, finally renounces all claims for reparation against the Greek Government."

AND FOR YOUR STUPID GENOCIDE CLAIMS:

"

"Lausanne Treaty: Part V

PART V.
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS.
SECTION I.
PRISONERS 0F WAR.
ARTICLE 119.

The High Contracting Parties agree to repatriate at once the prisoners of war and interned civilians who are still in their hands.

The exchange of prisoners of war and interned civilians detained by Greece and Turkey respectively forms the subject of a separate agreement between those Powers signed at Lausanne on the 30th January, 1923.

ARTICLE 142.

The separate Convention concluded on the 30th January, 1923, between Greece and Turkey, relating to the exchange of the Greek and Turkish populations, will have as between these two High Contracting Parties the same force and effect as if it formed part of the present Treaty."

YOUR CRIMES HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY GREEK GOVERNMENT. But as usual you still blame Turks.

FORGERS........ YOU ARE FORGERS!!!!!!!

Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 08:22
I am proud of offering sanctuary to Abdullah Ocalan. I hope it had turned out better.
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 09:00

Originally posted by Molossos

I am proud of offering sanctuary to Abdullah Ocalan. I hope it had turned out better.

I smell racism here...

OUT OF LIMIT
Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 09:17

Originally posted by Kenaney

I smell racism here...

Add nazism, intolerance, fanaticism and fundamentalism and you are right.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>