Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedjesus helped how??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GovnaWatts View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: jesus helped how??
    Posted: 07-Dec-2010 at 22:04
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

What are these morals? They have talked about envy, greed, murder, lust and other immoral actions? People didn't know bad things are bad? I'm interested to know what they have said about slavery? They could help the world, if they fought to abolish slavery.
The Bible states that all men are created equal, to answer your question.
BIG D View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 08:10
Originally posted by Govna Thomas the 1st

Originally posted by BIG D

Originally posted by GovnaWatts

Originally posted by BIG D

He provided a way of life that emphasized on not harming people on the daily
that's just it!!!!.....people still do harm....there's no change in people.....
There is a significant change in how the average person acts today rather than 2000 years ago. Christian rules have had an impact on our law system today, and the American constitution, as well as other nation's
there are STILL wars, murder,rape,robbery,child murderers,parents killing children, genocide and about 1900 years after jesus, we had the GREATEST murders/rape/killing of all<>WWII..can you justify your stats??...no matter how you look at it, we still have these 'evils' along with the SAME 'sins'<>jeaolousy,greed,murder,hate,anger,etc
are you trying to prove the point that jesus accomplished absolutely nothing? your question was "how did jesus help the world?" you cannot put aside the fact that there have been at least a few people that learned from jesus what is right and what is wrong. just because jesus was not successful in convincing every single person on earth sinning is wrong does not mean that jesus didnt help the world.
my point is, there is no change in the world since jesus came....in fact you had the greatest 'evil'<WWII> after jesus came...didn't people learn right from wrong already by others??,,but still, we still have all the evils and good as we had before...
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 13:04

He provided a way of life that emphasized on not harming people on the daily

I think the name of this way is "crusade".
Jesus preached peace and set an example for people to live by.  He didn't talk about waging war.

The Christian history says another thing, numerous religious wars, maybe they were not Christian?! Followers of some other religions, like Hindus, can claim to be peaceful, but not followers of Jesus.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 13:13

What are these morals? They have talked about envy, greed, murder, lust and other immoral actions? People didn't know bad things are bad? I'm interested to know what they have said about slavery? They could help the world, if they fought to abolish slavery.

What about women?! Wink I don't see a strong relation between the Bible and Jesus, and also between the Bible and its interpretation.
Govna Thomas the 1st View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 14:01
just because ww2 happened does not mean jesus had no impact on the world. jesus taught that violence and murder is wrong, just because some people ignore or refuse to agree with jesus' teaching doesnt mean jesus accomplished nothing. there are indeed individuals out there who changed their ways because of jesus' teachings. and yes people probably already new right from wrong, jesus just tried to reinforce those beliefs. jesus may not have helped the entire world but he did try.
Govna Thomas the 1st View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 14:09

What about women?! Wink I don't see a strong relation between the Bible and Jesus, and also between the Bible and its interpretation.
how can you not see a strong relationship between the bible and jesus? have you actually read it? ive only read a few pages and could tell the bible pretty much sticks with jesus.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 19:29
I am sorry, but I must have missed a stupid post by red clay? Just what did he reportedly say to get such a response? It does not seem to exist on this site, but of course a mean administrator might actually be able to manage such? Nah!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 22:26
Mithraism was popular in Rome, before Christianity.  It came from Zoroastrianism in Persia, and this religion claimed the rule of Persia was supreme and the authority of Truth.   The religious belief is Truth was pitted against the Lie and those who did not convert were on the side of the Lie and were to be exterminated.  Mithraism carried this idea and was especially appealing to soldiers.  Mithraism seems to have been a male religion, that did not involve females.  This is what Christianity was competing with, so it is important that Jesus taught to "love thy enemy" and also the Christianity involved females. 

Although Christianity is a patriarchical religion, females have faired better with this religion, than they would have with Mithraism or Islam. 

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2010 at 22:31
Originally posted by opuslola

I am sorry, but I must have missed a stupid post by red clay? Just what did he reportedly say to get such a response? It does not seem to exist on this site, but of course a mean administrator might actually be able to manage such? Nah!

No, it was not a post.  It was a Private Message.  I have their posts hidden.  But if anyone wants to see the whole series, please PM me.  The only thing I did was to call them on their game before they got to really have fun.  I think those who saw the posts in which they replied to my message will agree I called it fairly well.

In case anyone is wondering, Both of them or him, whatever, are banned.  Just the private message thing is enough.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12