Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArizona: Home of GOP policy and racism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arizona: Home of GOP policy and racism
    Posted: 03-May-2010 at 19:53
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

The 80's was a different era.... 
Not different at all.  You need to look at core concepts more.  The 1980s and 2008 are very similar. For example:
-One party representing a socio economic political world view wins big due to a rival's incompetence and drift to the extremes
-They become "dizzy with success" 
-They cant conceive that they will make mistakes or face a competent opponent
-Some members even start to believe ther own propaganda about their inherent supereority

Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

I posted the statistics, you take it however you want, but the truth is the truth and the facts are the facts, I know this logic may seem confusing to you.

Yes, I have read your posted statistics.  I can accept the temporary reality of the statistics while also realizing that future social trends are very hard to predict, even for high IQ atheists.

Edited by Cryptic - 03-May-2010 at 20:16
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 19:57
TGS wrote a while ago;

"The 80's was a different era. Many Hispanics and Asians voted Republican because of their anti-communist sentiments. This is no longer the case as communism has collapsed for the most part almost everywhere. In today's world, reality, the Democratic Party represents the majority of Americans and their numbers continue to grow while the Republican Party is refusing to adapt to reality."

And, unfortunately TGS, it seems the majority of those deep within the Obama administration are at heart "communists!"

So maybe America of the 1980's might well become motivated again?

I think the old TV episode was entitled "The Enemy Within?" (Star Trek)

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 03-May-2010 at 20:00
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2010 at 22:18
Originally posted by Cryptic

Not different at all.  You need to look at core concepts more.

There are so many flaws in this post, I'll go through them one by one:

The 1980s and 2008 are very similar.

Not at all.

For example:
-One party representing a socio economic political world view wins big due to a rival's incompetence and drift to the extremes

Your first flaw is assuming that the Democrats have a different socio economic political world, as in extremely different. This is not true. Its conservative propaganda, they've called the Democrats communist so much that they actually believe they are...

-They become "dizzy with success"

Nobody is dizzy with success, as a matter of fact, Obama has fallen behind in many of the things he promised to do because the Republican Party is blocking everything it can and slowing down the process.

This is a good thing, as it makes the Republicans look bad and makes the Democrats look good and actually prevents them from getting "dizzy with success" by making them work harder.

-They cant conceive that they will make mistakes or face a competent opponent

There is no competent opponent, and who says they cant conceive that they will make mistakes? You?

-Some members even start to believe ther own propaganda about their inherent supereority

What propaganda about inherent superiority are you talking about? This is flawed in that you are assuming that "superiority" has to do with wanting to help other human beings.

My suggestion is that you stop making assumptions and actually try to base your argument on solid facts.

Yes, I have read your posted statistics.  I can accept the temporary reality of the statistics while also realizing that future social trends are very hard to predict, even for high IQ atheists.

Again, the flaw in your logic is that you are assuming these statistics just came out of the blue. The statistics today are the way they are because they've been heading that way for 20 years now.

Asians and Hispanics have been flocking to the Democratic Party in large numbers since the 80's, the statistics show this. As for other minority groups, they've consistently voted Democrat.

Do not make the mistaken assumption that these statistics are just a one time thing, these statistics are in fact a result of a trend towards greater support for the Democrat Party and a loss of voter base from the Republican Party. This trend is continuing, especially amongst minority groups.

Look at the demographics of the Tea Party movement for example, almost completely white and Republican. Why do you think that is? Its because minorities are finding it harder and harder to identify themselves with the Republican Party's platform.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 03-May-2010 at 22:19
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 12:33
Dear TGS, I just wanted you to know how I really feel about you!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=1&oq=youve+&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS315US315&q=you%27ve+got+a+friend+in+me

Seriously! You have responded very well in defending your position, and mostly you did it with grace!

So, take the above anyway you want, but all Conservatives can call you a friend, because we will defend your right to defend your position to the death!

I have enjoyed the reparte"!

Regards as always!

PS, I was going to send you "Short People" but I have no idea just how tall you are!

Oh! The same to you also cryptic and eagle cap, etc.! Except for the "Short People" part! Laugh!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=1&oq=youve+&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS315US315&q=you%27ve+got+a+friend+in+me

Edited by opuslola - 04-May-2010 at 12:40
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 13:49
TGS please stop throwing the race card! It seems you are very obsessed with it and anything white conservatives do is racist such as the Tea party. Do you know what La Raza stands for? The media seems to have ignored the violence caused by rock throwing illegals in Phoenix. I know this group only represents a small % and most illegals would avoid this violence.

If you watch the video Arpaio and Montgomery both deny any connections with these neo Nutzies. How do we really know they are Nazi but maybe they are Neo-commies trying to make Arpaio look bad. I will look more into this to see if these men supports the Nazi movement or if is false.   I hate NAZI’s so if this is so then of course I will not vote for such men.

I support the Arizona law which mirrors Federal law but the latter is not being enforced because of special interests such as Agri Business. My sister in law is Mexican American and she supports it and my girl friend is half Mexican and she does, I love Mexicans. They both have degrees and are very educated so are they racists in your opinion? The President of the Minute Men is Mexican American and the County commissioner of Canyon County in Idaho is 100% Mexican American and he supports such laws. They are American first and foremost so please stop with the race baiting. I will consult with Red Clay about this!

I have spent time in Mexico to help build shelter, homes, provide food; clothing, toys and other support- have you?????

I hope to go down sometime soon to visit orphanages and help in other ways, maybe this summer. I don't care where people come from as long as they are here legally!!!!!!

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 14:32
TGS,

Our conversations in this particular thread have become pointless. I was hoping for something more. 

Lets just say that ..... I was so overwhelmed by your statements that I am speechlessWink.

Edited by Cryptic - 04-May-2010 at 16:12
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 14:46
It seems my friend, you have this entire section to yourself!

That is, unless it is closed!

Regards,
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 15:34
Originally posted by opuslola

It seems my friend, you have this entire section to yourself!

That is, unless it is closed!

Regards,

I agree - it is all yours TGS
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2010 at 16:42
Originally posted by eaglecap

TGS please stop throwing the race card! It seems you are very obsessed with it and anything white conservatives do is racist such as the Tea party. Do you know what La Raza stands for? The media seems to have ignored the violence caused by rock throwing illegals in Phoenix. I know this group only represents a small % and most illegals would avoid this violence.

I'm just going to quote Bill Maher: ""I would never say and I have never said, because it's not true that Republicans, all republicans are racists. That would be silly and wrong. But now days, if you are racist, you're probably a Republican. And that is quite different."

The fact that conservatives like you want to sweep racism on the rug and pretend like its no longer an big part of American society astounds me and is frankly very frightening.

Racism is still around, is is a big part of what is going on in our society here today. I just posted above, a video of a sheriff who is running for the governorship of Arizona and who is also the most popular Republican in the state with a 70% approval rating, who stops, talks to Neo-Nazi's and poses for pictures with them. Yet this does not shock you?!

I also posted an article regarding how a Republican politician who supported this new law follows two racist groups on his twitter page. This does not shock you?!

I also posted an article which talked about the backgrounds of more of these Republican politicians who pushed this thing through...

I guess none of you bothered to read any of them.

I will pull the race card whenever I see fit! Free speech right? Whats your problem with me doing that? If the guy is a racist, I'm gonna call him a racist.

If you watch the video Arpaio and Montgomery both deny any connections with these neo Nutzies.

No, that was the public video taken by a News Crew. The second video is after the rally and is an amateur video. IN PUBLIC THEY LIED, AFTERWARDS ARPAIO WENT AND TALKED TO THEM AND POSED FOR PICTURES WITH THEM.

How do we really know they are Nazi but maybe they are Neo-commies trying to make Arpaio look bad. I will look more into this to see if these men supports the Nazi movement or if is false.   I hate NAZI’s so if this is so then of course I will not vote for such men.

Yes, just sweep racism under the rug...So you think that after only 40 years since the Civil War movement everything is ok now? Delusional...

I support the Arizona law which mirrors Federal law but the latter is not being enforced because of special interests such as Agri Business. My sister in law is Mexican American and she supports it and my girl friend is half Mexican and she does, I love Mexicans. They both have degrees and are very educated so are they racists in your opinion? The President of the Minute Men is Mexican American and the County commissioner of Canyon County in Idaho is 100% Mexican American and he supports such laws. They are American first and foremost so please stop with the race baiting. I will consult with Red Clay about this!

Once again... I dont care who YOU know. Who YOU know means nothing to mean. Furthermore, if the employment of illegal immigrants is the problem (which it is, if there were no jobs, illegals wouldnt be coming here) THEN GO AFTER THE BUSINESSES, but Republicans dont want to do that...why?

Race baiting? Race baiting who? I can't have my opinion? Looks like you guys arent constitutionalists at all? IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I'M SAYING YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IT, AND I'M NOT BREAKING ANY FORUM RULES, SO EITHER ABUSE YOUR MODERATOR POWER TO SHUT ME UP, OR ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I HAVE SOMETHING CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF OPINION.

I have spent time in Mexico to help build shelter, homes, provide food; clothing, toys and other support- have you?????

I hope to go down sometime soon to visit orphanages and help in other ways, maybe this summer. I don't care where people come from as long as they are here legally!!!!!! 

What do I care? Why are you so insecure and feel like you have to show me that you're not racist? Who ever called you a racist in the first place? I COULDNT CARE LESS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR WHO YOU KNOW, YOU'RE NOT IN QUESTION HERE SO QUIT IT, I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE.

Our conversations in this particular thread have become pointless. I was hoping for something more. 

I completely agree. Having a discussion with people who dont use facts or sources and refuse to read anything or acknowledge when they are wrong is truly pointless.

HEY EAGLECAP YOU RESEARCH THAT STUFF ABOUT TAXES UNDER OBAMA YET? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT IT?LOL

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 04-May-2010 at 16:44
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2010 at 09:28
I've seen all I need to, thread closed.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12