Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Your Fav Perfume?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Your Fav Perfume?
    Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:09
Just a random question here, what's the difference between perfume, cologne, and deodorant?

Now, if that doesn't give my position away, I have hitherto always considered perfume to be a type of chicks' deodorant, and have therefore invested a grand total of zero hours in figuring out what to do with one, let alone my favourite
I can however, tell exactly which part of an electronic circuit is burning just by its smell
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:26
i think its a western thing, to classify types of fragrances into perfumes for ladies, cologne or aftershave for men.

where i live its called the same for both genders, and it used to be men using more perfumes than women in arabic traditions, its not much considered a way to attract the opposite sex as in western ideology, its more like just smelling nice.

and if we go back in history still men of Arabia uses more scents than women. most women uses their perfumes in their homes or in family/friends parties and less perfumes in public.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:42
Perfume is for women, cologne for men, and deoderant is for both and differs from a fragrance in that it contains an antiperspirant element which makes the pores in your skin less likely to secrete sweat.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:46
Usually when we bought any perfume or cologne.. we can see on the label.. indicates
Eau de parfum (EDP) or Eau de Toilette (EDT) or Eau de Cologne.

It depends on the amount or concerntration of oils in the fragrance. EDP contains the highest amount of the oils, which is for women perfumes mostly. While for men, most of the brands do not produce EDP perfume anymore. I wonder why. For cologne, it has the lowest amount but higher than aftershave.

source: http://www.nobleessence.com/

On the other hand..

Antiperspirants contain fragrance, but they also contain chemical compounds that block the pores to stop the discharge of perspiration. No sweat, no odor.

Deodorant allows the release of perspiration, but prevents odor by combating it with antiseptic agents, which kill odor-causing bacteria

source: http://www.wisegeek.com/

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:55
@Azimuth

Actually I am a bit more familiar with the Arab use of perfume. Arabs who have grown up in the ME and then migrated to Australia at a mature age use plenty of perfume, especially on the Eids, but the use of perfume is not something that they pass on to their Australian born sons. It's sort of considered a bit effeminate here, so guys generally don't do it.

Its a very similar story with the 3-kiss greeting. When we do it, there is at least three meters of open air between faces. It probably looks like some funny head movement combined with a handshake. Guy just don't touch each other without intent to injury .

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 23-Feb-2009 at 09:57
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 11:38
On women: Hugo Boss Deep Red

On Men (ie me, not in terms of how other men smell Stern Smile): Ralph Lauren at the minute, but I loved the limited edition Hugo Boss In Motion when it was out, but then it went back to original and it's just not the same since.

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 16:53
Why would I need perfume when I can just go Ponce au NATURAL?
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 22:10
Sorry, missed a couple of posts there.

Thanks CXI & Cahaya. I'll probably remember that, it might come in handy one day.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:00
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I am SURPRISED and OFFENDED that none of you smart alecs have even made a little quip from this comment today. All of you should be ashamed!
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:03

I am SURPRISED and OFFENDED that none of you smart alecs have even made a little quip from this comment today. All of you should be ashamed!

If you are to be ponceing on unsuspecting AE forum members, please do not ponce upon me naked.

Happy? LOL

-Akolouthos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:12
All this posting has made Ponce insane Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 06:21

Are u upset bcoz we didnt make any comment on ur post?Shocked
I was about to do so... honest!  Tongue

Edited by cahaya - 24-Feb-2009 at 10:35
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 06:28
Originally posted by azimuth

i think its a western thing, to classify types of fragrances into perfumes for ladies, cologne or aftershave for men.

where i live its called the same for both genders, and it used to be men using more perfumes than women in arabic traditions, its not much considered a way to attract the opposite sex as in western ideology, its more like just smelling nice.

and if we go back in history still men of Arabia uses more scents than women.

In the West, if we go back in history far enough, the men wore skirts and pretty floral designs!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2009 at 22:54
@Edge. i never seen/heard that before. Wearing floral skirts? U mean sissy? Man who thinks he is a woman?

If you dont knw how to choose the best perfume for you, u can check it here
http://www.perfume-select.com/

Or.. we can have a quiz for fragrance finder:-
http://www.espin.com/quizzes/whats-my-scent

Mine will be...

Result: Sporty and Cool

You like fresh air, clean designs and cool, crisp weather. And if there's an opportunity to burn off some energy by running around like a maniac, you're all for it. So your scent should reflect your cool attitude and your love of staying active. Stay away from anything too complicated, like spices and flowers. (Why would you want to smell like grandma's house, anyway?) Stick with fresh, clean scents, like citrus and cucumbers. Or hint at your love of outdoors with the smell of the ocean breeze. Everybody near you will be reeled in by your fresh vibes.

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 19:17
Originally posted by Constantine XI

This is the smell which should linger in the air and leave those in your wake with a seductive memory of the gorgeous being which just passed by, settle for nothing less.

Alright, I finally found it:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/04/trek-spring-collection-preview-first-look-at-genki-star-trek-fragrances/

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 19:48
kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahnnnnnnnnnnnn!

LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12