Print Page | Close Window

What is Your Fav Perfume?

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: AE Tavern
Forum Discription: Come here to introduce yourself and discuss almost anything under the sun! Or just to let your hair down...
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26644
Printed Date: 06-Jun-2024 at 18:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is Your Fav Perfume?
Posted By: Guests
Subject: What is Your Fav Perfume?
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:24
Mine will be... Ralph Lauren - Blue...

Replies:
Posted By: Knights
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:26
Haha cahaya...I will just say my sister's favourites...she likes 'Paradise', from NEXT, and Hilary Duff 'With Love'. Something along those lines. Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:30
dont u use perfume or anything? at least after shave? come on..

-------------

Posted By: copaloca
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:39
Hugo Boss

-------------
http://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/">

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:46
Well I will comment on my favourite cologne at the moment, which is Black XS. Beautiful fragrance.

My all time favourite was a not terribly large bottle my uncle sent me from the UK, it had no descriptive markers of who made it or what brand it was. But it was amazing. Despite searching, I have been unable to locate a second helping once the first bottle ran out. Sadly some of the best things are fleeting.

-------------

Posted By: Reginmund
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:26
I go with the Hugo Boss original most of the time. Haven't found anything comparable yet. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:38
Originally posted by Reginmund

I go with the Hugo Boss original most of the time. Haven't found anything comparable yet. 

My Norwegian fellow! I tried Hugo Boss last year. In all honestly, my nasal cavity having been stricken with the scents of at least 20 other fragrances, I caved into Hugo Boss. It was a wonderful scent to wear when I wan on official business and leading my team at work, but never did it possess the seductive charm of a truly wonderous cologne.

Keep seaching. Find something that turns heads and leaves boys and girls around you with a memory of utter enchantment. Hugo Boss is good in official business circles, but search further for something truly seductive.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:55
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Keep seaching. Find something that turns heads and leaves boys and girls around you with a memory of utter enchantment. Hugo Boss is good in official business circles, but search further for something truly seductive.

It's not easy. I feel so uncomfortable walking around perfumeries smelling samples, these places seem designed to lure in women and keep out men. Whenever I'm forced to buy new perfume it feels like I'm on some tactical strike mission where I have to infiltrate and retrieve the object within a 2 minute parameter to avoid mental breakdown. Needless to say this doesn't leave much room for experimentation.

-------------

Posted By: Suren
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:10
Armani

-------------
Anfører

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:14
Originally posted by Reginmund

It's not easy. I feel so uncomfortable walking around perfumeries smelling samples, these places seem designed to lure in women and keep out men. Whenever I'm forced to buy new perfume it feels like I'm on some tactical strike mission where I have to infiltrate and retrieve the object within a 2 minute parameter to avoid mental breakdown. Needless to say this doesn't leave much room for experimentation.

I totally understand.

Look, after the first 20 fragrances, your nose isn't exactly at its best. It becomes de-sensitised from the barrage of different odours. Bring a friend in with you to get a second opinion - someone you KNOW can be trusted for their sense in taste. This will be a big help, I promise.

DON'T feel rushed. The shop employees don't own the shop, they are there to serve you, and should be regarded accordingly. If they have to stand there and help you sample 50 different fragrances, tough, if they hated it that much they would be doing an accounting course instead so they could crunch numbers. You are the customer, about to dosh out probably no less than Aus $50 for a decent cologne which should make you feel like nothing less than royalty; they can damn well stand there and do their job.

This is the smell which should linger in the air and leave those in your wake with a seductive memory of the gorgeous being which just passed by, settle for nothing less.

-------------

Posted By: Northman
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:22
I have already enough problems keeping women at a distance - adding an attractive scent would only add to my problems...  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:49
LOL @ Uncle North

I always prefer So Pretty from Cartier when i go to formal functions.

-------------

Posted By: copaloca
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:19

@ Reginmund: use my tactic. Risk your life and take your friend (a girl) shopping. Take her to the perfume section and then turn your ninja skills on and go wild with smelling little papers :)

-------------
http://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/">

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:48
Thanks for the advice, guys. Next time I promise I won't get the same bottle again.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:56
Armani, my gf got me the VS very sexy for Men and I like it, too. Some others.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 18:35
Angel men, hands down. 

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 19:07
for traditional occasions like friday prayers and family gathering i go with the old Oud oil, just a very very small amount behind the ears.

normal days i don't use fragrances much, i have a collection from frerrari to hugo boss, also thinking to buy Amouage Silver (an Omani brand) 

-------------

Posted By: Maharbbal
Date Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 22:12
I've been using "eau lente" by diptyque for ten years it is subtle and lasts for ever.

-------------
I am a free donkey!

Posted By: Suren
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 03:13
Giorgio Armani

-------------
Anfører

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 03:34
Originally posted by Suren

Giorgio Armani

I like that one and Code

-------------

Posted By: Omar al Hashim
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:09
Just a random question here, what's the difference between perfume, cologne, and deodorant?

Now, if that doesn't give my position away, I have hitherto always considered perfume to be a type of chicks' deodorant, and have therefore invested a grand total of zero hours in figuring out what to do with one, let alone my favourite
I can however, tell exactly which part of an electronic circuit is burning just by its smell

-------------

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:26
i think its a western thing, to classify types of fragrances into perfumes for ladies, cologne or aftershave for men.

where i live its called the same for both genders, and it used to be men using more perfumes than women in arabic traditions, its not much considered a way to attract the opposite sex as in western ideology, its more like just smelling nice.

and if we go back in history still men of Arabia uses more scents than women. most women uses their perfumes in their homes or in family/friends parties and less perfumes in public.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:42
Perfume is for women, cologne for men, and deoderant is for both and differs from a fragrance in that it contains an antiperspirant element which makes the pores in your skin less likely to secrete sweat.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:46
Usually when we bought any perfume or cologne.. we can see on the label.. indicates
Eau de parfum (EDP) or Eau de Toilette (EDT) or Eau de Cologne.

It depends on the amount or concerntration of oils in the fragrance. EDP contains the highest amount of the oils, which is for women perfumes mostly. While for men, most of the brands do not produce EDP perfume anymore. I wonder why. For cologne, it has the lowest amount but higher than aftershave.

source: http://www.nobleessence.com/

On the other hand..

Antiperspirants contain fragrance, but they also contain chemical compounds that block the pores to stop the discharge of perspiration. No sweat, no odor.

Deodorant allows the release of perspiration, but prevents odor by combating it with antiseptic agents, which kill odor-causing bacteria

source: http://www.wisegeek.com/

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 09:55
@Azimuth

Actually I am a bit more familiar with the Arab use of perfume. Arabs who have grown up in the ME and then migrated to Australia at a mature age use plenty of perfume, especially on the Eids, but the use of perfume is not something that they pass on to their Australian born sons. It's sort of considered a bit effeminate here, so guys generally don't do it.

Its a very similar story with the 3-kiss greeting. When we do it, there is at least three meters of open air between faces. It probably looks like some funny head movement combined with a handshake. Guy just don't touch each other without intent to injury .

-------------

Posted By: Dolphin
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 11:38
On women: Hugo Boss Deep Red

On Men (ie me, not in terms of how other men smell Stern Smile): Ralph Lauren at the minute, but I loved the limited edition Hugo Boss In Motion when it was out, but then it went back to original and it's just not the same since.

-------------

Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 16:53
Why would I need perfume when I can just go Ponce au NATURAL?

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 22:10
Sorry, missed a couple of posts there.

Thanks CXI & Cahaya. I'll probably remember that, it might come in handy one day.

-------------

Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Date Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:00
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I am SURPRISED and OFFENDED that none of you smart alecs have even made a little quip from this comment today. All of you should be ashamed!

Posted By: Akolouthos
Date Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:03

I am SURPRISED and OFFENDED that none of you smart alecs have even made a little quip from this comment today. All of you should be ashamed!

If you are to be ponceing on unsuspecting AE forum members, please do not ponce upon me naked.

Happy? LOL

-Akolouthos

Date Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 05:12
All this posting has made Ponce insane Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 06:21

Are u upset bcoz we didnt make any comment on ur post?Shocked
I was about to do so... honest!  Tongue

-------------

Posted By: edgewaters
Date Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 06:28
Originally posted by azimuth

i think its a western thing, to classify types of fragrances into perfumes for ladies, cologne or aftershave for men.

where i live its called the same for both genders, and it used to be men using more perfumes than women in arabic traditions, its not much considered a way to attract the opposite sex as in western ideology, its more like just smelling nice.

and if we go back in history still men of Arabia uses more scents than women.

In the West, if we go back in history far enough, the men wore skirts and pretty floral designs!

Date Posted: 25-Feb-2009 at 22:54
@Edge. i never seen/heard that before. Wearing floral skirts? U mean sissy? Man who thinks he is a woman?

If you dont knw how to choose the best perfume for you, u can check it here
http://www.perfume-select.com/ - http://www.perfume-select.com/

Or.. we can have a quiz for fragrance finder:-
http://www.espin.com/quizzes/whats-my-scent - http://www.espin.com/quizzes/whats-my-scent

Mine will be...

Result: Sporty and Cool

You like fresh air, clean designs and cool, crisp weather. And if there's an opportunity to burn off some energy by running around like a maniac, you're all for it. So your scent should reflect your cool attitude and your love of staying active. Stay away from anything too complicated, like spices and flowers. (Why would you want to smell like grandma's house, anyway?) Stick with fresh, clean scents, like citrus and cucumbers. Or hint at your love of outdoors with the smell of the ocean breeze. Everybody near you will be reeled in by your fresh vibes.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 19:17

This is the smell which should linger in the air and leave those in your wake with a seductive memory of the gorgeous being which just passed by, settle for nothing less.

Alright, I finally found it:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/04/trek-spring-collection-preview-first-look-at-genki-star-trek-fragrances/ - http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/04/trek-spring-collection-preview-first-look-at-genki-star-trek-fragrances/

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 19:48
kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahnnnnnnnnnnnn!

LOL.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com