Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Your Fav Perfume?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Your Fav Perfume?
    Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:24
Mine will be... Ralph Lauren - Blue...

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:26
Haha cahaya...I will just say my sister's favourites...she likes 'Paradise', from NEXT, and Hilary Duff 'With Love'. Something along those lines. Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:30
dont u use perfume or anything? at least after shave? come on..
copaloca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote copaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:39
Hugo Boss
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 08:46
Well I will comment on my favourite cologne at the moment, which is Black XS. Beautiful fragrance.

My all time favourite was a not terribly large bottle my uncle sent me from the UK, it had no descriptive markers of who made it or what brand it was. But it was amazing. Despite searching, I have been unable to locate a second helping once the first bottle ran out. Sadly some of the best things are fleeting.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:26
I go with the Hugo Boss original most of the time. Haven't found anything comparable yet. 
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:38
Originally posted by Reginmund

I go with the Hugo Boss original most of the time. Haven't found anything comparable yet. 

My Norwegian fellow! I tried Hugo Boss last year. In all honestly, my nasal cavity having been stricken with the scents of at least 20 other fragrances, I caved into Hugo Boss. It was a wonderful scent to wear when I wan on official business and leading my team at work, but never did it possess the seductive charm of a truly wonderous cologne.

Keep seaching. Find something that turns heads and leaves boys and girls around you with a memory of utter enchantment. Hugo Boss is good in official business circles, but search further for something truly seductive.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 12:55
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Keep seaching. Find something that turns heads and leaves boys and girls around you with a memory of utter enchantment. Hugo Boss is good in official business circles, but search further for something truly seductive.

It's not easy. I feel so uncomfortable walking around perfumeries smelling samples, these places seem designed to lure in women and keep out men. Whenever I'm forced to buy new perfume it feels like I'm on some tactical strike mission where I have to infiltrate and retrieve the object within a 2 minute parameter to avoid mental breakdown. Needless to say this doesn't leave much room for experimentation.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:10
Armani
Anfører
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:14
Originally posted by Reginmund

Originally posted by Constantine XI

It's not easy. I feel so uncomfortable walking around perfumeries smelling samples, these places seem designed to lure in women and keep out men. Whenever I'm forced to buy new perfume it feels like I'm on some tactical strike mission where I have to infiltrate and retrieve the object within a 2 minute parameter to avoid mental breakdown. Needless to say this doesn't leave much room for experimentation.

I totally understand.

Look, after the first 20 fragrances, your nose isn't exactly at its best. It becomes de-sensitised from the barrage of different odours. Bring a friend in with you to get a second opinion - someone you KNOW can be trusted for their sense in taste. This will be a big help, I promise.

DON'T feel rushed. The shop employees don't own the shop, they are there to serve you, and should be regarded accordingly. If they have to stand there and help you sample 50 different fragrances, tough, if they hated it that much they would be doing an accounting course instead so they could crunch numbers. You are the customer, about to dosh out probably no less than Aus $50 for a decent cologne which should make you feel like nothing less than royalty; they can damn well stand there and do their job.

This is the smell which should linger in the air and leave those in your wake with a seductive memory of the gorgeous being which just passed by, settle for nothing less.

Edited by Constantine XI - 22-Feb-2009 at 14:16
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:22
I have already enough problems keeping women at a distance - adding an attractive scent would only add to my problems...  Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 14:49
LOL @ Uncle North

I always prefer So Pretty from Cartier when i go to formal functions.
copaloca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote copaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:19

@ Reginmund: use my tactic. Risk your life and take your friend (a girl) shopping. Take her to the perfume section and then turn your ninja skills on and go wild with smelling little papers :)

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:48
Thanks for the advice, guys. Next time I promise I won't get the same bottle again.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:56
Armani, my gf got me the VS very sexy for Men and I like it, too. Some others.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 18:35
Angel men, hands down. 
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 19:07
for traditional occasions like friday prayers and family gathering i go with the old Oud oil, just a very very small amount behind the ears.

normal days i don't use fragrances much, i have a collection from frerrari to hugo boss, also thinking to buy Amouage Silver (an Omani brand) 
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 22:12
I've been using "eau lente" by diptyque for ten years it is subtle and lasts for ever.
I am a free donkey!
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 03:13
Giorgio Armani

Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 03:34
Originally posted by Suren

Giorgio Armani

I like that one and Code
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>