Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 2008/2009!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Basmachi View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Basmachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions League 2008/2009!
    Posted: 27-May-2009 at 05:43
I hope Barça will win the cup :)
"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream." (Khalil Gibran)
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 10:17
Terrible cup final, whatever the result may be I know I won't be happy about it... 
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 11:09
I just hope that Manchester doesn't camp in the penalty box- otherwise the game will be very boring...
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2009 at 00:27
*pulls his shirt over his head and runs through the thread*

Liga, Copa, Champions League!

Barça! Barça! BAAARRRRÇÇÇAA!

All silliness aside, Barcelona started the game terribly, but after that first goal by Eto'o, Manchester seemed to lose all ambition and drive to win. Xavi and Iniesta just controlled the midfield brilliantly. Puyol also had a great game - running everywhere and doing a little of everything. Messi had a great header, right over the top of Van der Sar, which is surprising because he's not known for his heading skills. Cristiano Ronaldo showed during the first twenty minutes why he is one of the best in the world, testing Valdés a number of times. He also showed his biggest fault - his complete, utter lack of class and composure. He was the orchestrator of a variety of dirty tackles, and thrown elbows. He seemed to fall apart and acted like an angry kid - disappointing from a player of his caliber.

I think that Barcelona played the game like they wanted to, and earned this victory. Vamos Barça Campeones!

EDIT - typo fixed

Edited by Kaysaar - 28-May-2009 at 13:35
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2009 at 14:47
Originally posted by Kaysaar

I just hope that Manchester doesn't camp in the penalty box- otherwise the game will be very boring...
Apart from Messi it was boring anyway. Barcelona well deserved to win though.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2009 at 19:10
Originally posted by gcle2003

Originally posted by Kaysaar

Apart from Messi it was boring anyway. Barcelona well deserved to win though.

win the finals, yes, but if you include the match vs Chelsea they didn't deserved to play the finals in the first place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123