Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Documentray: Stolen Kosovo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentray: Stolen Kosovo
    Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 23:17
"Mr Zerjavic is a respected scholar, The Wiesenthal center which persecutes anyone who challanges the official story of the holocaust and concentration camps and not only ruin their reputation but their families and friends etc find it extremely hard to challange Zerjavic in his analysis about war casualties and even accepted his numbers and figures, this my friend is enough to verify that the guy is saying the true."

I'd like to see more proof that the Chetniks were going around slaugthering civilians en masse. I don't doubt that some Chetniks did that. But the Chetniks in large were unorganized groups working individually as guerilla fighters.

"Again, who the hell is Thompson?"

Scroll up I explained it.

"As for Bat Yeor, well, again, if you want a discussion, be my guest, you started this topic you finish it, open a new thread and I will be more than happy to discuss the issue with you. The woman is paranoid cook with no credentials whatsoever, except from cooks like her. She judges the 7th century attitudes with 20th century ideals and that is in my opinion enough. She ignores historical facts and cherrypicks historical events to support her arguments. She hates Islam, muslims and anything it stands for. If you want more I will go on and on I have all summer and since it is in the 40s C I have all the time in the world, start the topic and I will continue."

I simply placed that there in relation to the topic at hand. People here saying that the Turkish tyranny is "over estimated" and such. I have no interests right now to speak about Islam outside this context here. Perhaps Islam is peaceful loving and all that glitter within the "Realm of the believer" but in the "realm of the infidel" things seem to get a bit more messy then that.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 02:01
If Turks were so "brutal" and murderous, how the hell can you explain the fact that you are still christian?

As for Chetnik crimes, a picture is worth a thousand words:

AL-Jassas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 06:03
Magic LOL
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 20:23
"If Turks were so "brutal" and murderous, how the hell can you explain the fact that you are still christian?"

To be frank, it is because we kicked their asses like no one has ever kicked Ottoman ass. Because of leaders like Mircea, Vlad, Stefan, Mihai, leaders who not only fought the Turks but also the expansions of the Hungarians, the Poles, the Mongols all on their boarders. I told you they never put a fort north of the Danube. For example Mehmed II (The great Fatih, Conqueror of Constantinople) after fighting Vlad was afraid of the dark and begged his daddy to come fight his battles for him. They don't teach you of Vlad in Saudi schools? I know they don't teach of him in Turkey or if they do the Turks were fighting to "liberate" my people from a "tyrant."

"As for Chetnik crimes, a picture is worth a thousand words:"

That's text, and I can't read cyrillic.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 22:38
Romanian is written in Cyrillic.

As for kicking the Turks ass, in the end they ruled over Romania for nearly 400 years, in those 400 years why haven't you ancestors became muslim and spoke Turkish?

AL-Jassas 
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 22:47
"Romanian is written in Cyrillic."

"As for kicking the Turks ass, in the end they ruled over Romania for nearly 400 years, in those 400 years why haven't you ancestors became muslim and spoke Turkish?"

They didn't rule over Romania for 400 years. Maybe in Saudi schools they teach you that. But in actuality we paid a token tribute to them. It wasn't even autonomy, like nominal vassalage. Please, throw any notion that you have an accurate view on history concerning the Balkans (I won't say in general because it isn't relevant to the thread) right out the window and then back up over it about twelve times.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 05:04
Originally posted by Carpathian Wolf

"If Turks were so "brutal" and murderous, how the hell can you explain the fact that you are still christian?"

To be frank, it is because we kicked their asses like no one has ever kicked Ottoman ass. Because of leaders like Mircea, Vlad, Stefan, Mihai, leaders who not only fought the Turks but also the expansions of the Hungarians, the Poles, the Mongols all on their boarders. I told you they never put a fort north of the Danube. For example Mehmed II (The great Fatih, Conqueror of Constantinople) after fighting Vlad was afraid of the dark and begged his daddy to come fight his battles for him. They don't teach you of Vlad in Saudi schools? I know they don't teach of him in Turkey or if they do the Turks were fighting to "liberate" my people from a "tyrant."

"As for Chetnik crimes, a picture is worth a thousand words:"

That's text, and I can't read cyrillic.

Your assumptions are rather ignorant, just because he is from Saudi Arabia you assume that somehow his education is more defficient than yours. So far you have been able to pull out controversial sources or material written 100 years ago. You also seem rather hateful to anything Ottoman, the Ottomans did not define Islam nor did Islam define them. Vlad is a well known character, and not so much or a great moralist nor a role model, and if I remember correctly his head was delivered to Istanbul, so much for his "kicking Ottoman ass."

General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 07:36
Where did I say Saudi education was defficient? I asked him if they taught Vlad in Saudi Arabia or not. And I know that they do not teach him in Turkey or when they do it is tailored so that Mehmed II looks like the winner regardless.

What are my contraversial sources? And contraversial to whom?

I'm not hateful of anything and perhaps you can learn a bit here with what I am about to say. In my Faith we say "Bless Lord my enemies for the keep me humble and close to your side" and "gold is tested in fire." I am thankful the Ottomans were able to be that fire. They have been a defnining aspect in the national identity of my people. That is not to say that I approved of their tyrannical rule and attempts at conquoring my country.

As for does Islam define the Ottoman Empire and visa versa. Well take for example the moon and star symbol. That was a symbol of Constantinople and was taken up by Turkish nobles and later adopted. Now most of the Islamic world on their flag has the symbol of the Ottoman Turks. The Ottoman influence concerning Islam is mostly downplayed two fold. One, because Turkey went heavy secularization, and two, the newly freed Arabic nations have over played their role. Now I am not saying the Arabic nations had no role, they had the first caliphates through Egypt and north Africa and such but the Turks really saw Islam through its maturing state and really gave it its world image, it's robes so to speak. Like it or not the Islam has been seen by the western world via the Ottoman Turks for the past several hundred years, for better or for worse that is the truth.

Vlad was a harsh ruler but I wouldn't say any much crueler then any of the other medieval rulers. No more cruel then the Ottoman Turks anyway. It was them who taught him how to be that way. And Vlad defeated larger Ottoman armies on several occassions. There are many rumors written by the merchant Saxons because he got rid of their parasitical role in Romania. Regardless of what you think of his morals (and most of us in Romania couldn't care less if you think him "evil") one thing we know for sure. The Turks feared him greatly especially Mehmed II. And yes his head was delivered to Constantinople but he didn't lose in an equal battle. He only had a few hundred men with him against a much larger Turkish invading force. So I guess he lost that battle, in the same way the Spartans lost against the Persians. If that was a defeat for him he has nothing to prove I think.

In any case I rather have my head delivered to my enemy then to be known to be afraid of the dark and ask my father for help against "the big bad wallachian". LOL

Getting off topic a bit aren't we...

Edited by Carpathian Wolf - 21-Jun-2008 at 07:37
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 08:27
You are far away from Kosovo.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 08:33
Originally posted by Carpathian Wolf

Where did I say Saudi education was defficient? I asked him if they taught Vlad in Saudi Arabia or not. And I know that they do not teach him in Turkey or when they do it is tailored so that Mehmed II looks like the winner regardless.

What are my contraversial sources? And contraversial to whom?

I'm not hateful of anything and perhaps you can learn a bit here with what I am about to say. In my Faith we say "Bless Lord my enemies for the keep me humble and close to your side" and "gold is tested in fire." I am thankful the Ottomans were able to be that fire. They have been a defnining aspect in the national identity of my people. That is not to say that I approved of their tyrannical rule and attempts at conquoring my country.

As for does Islam define the Ottoman Empire and visa versa. Well take for example the moon and star symbol. That was a symbol of Constantinople and was taken up by Turkish nobles and later adopted. Now most of the Islamic world on their flag has the symbol of the Ottoman Turks. The Ottoman influence concerning Islam is mostly downplayed two fold. One, because Turkey went heavy secularization, and two, the newly freed Arabic nations have over played their role. Now I am not saying the Arabic nations had no role, they had the first caliphates through Egypt and north Africa and such but the Turks really saw Islam through its maturing state and really gave it its world image, it's robes so to speak. Like it or not the Islam has been seen by the western world via the Ottoman Turks for the past several hundred years, for better or for worse that is the truth.

Vlad was a harsh ruler but I wouldn't say any much crueler then any of the other medieval rulers. No more cruel then the Ottoman Turks anyway. It was them who taught him how to be that way. And Vlad defeated larger Ottoman armies on several occassions. There are many rumors written by the merchant Saxons because he got rid of their parasitical role in Romania. Regardless of what you think of his morals (and most of us in Romania couldn't care less if you think him "evil") one thing we know for sure. The Turks feared him greatly especially Mehmed II. And yes his head was delivered to Constantinople but he didn't lose in an equal battle. He only had a few hundred men with him against a much larger Turkish invading force. So I guess he lost that battle, in the same way the Spartans lost against the Persians. If that was a defeat for him he has nothing to prove I think.

In any case I rather have my head delivered to my enemy then to be known to be afraid of the dark and ask my father for help against "the big bad wallachian". LOL

Getting off topic a bit aren't we...

At least he "asked daddy" with his head still attached and breathing ;)
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 11:25
Hello Carpathian

Of course they don't teach us about Vlad the impaler, they teach us about Saud Al-Kabir, the third ruler of the first Saudi state, who invaded Iraq and Syria and crushed two huge Ottoman expeditions, they teach us what the Turks did when they distroyed the first Saudi state and the massacred people all the way from Madinah to Riyadh and nearly obliterated the Saud clan, its not part of the correculum but my history teacher taught me what my tribe did to a Turkish brigade during that war that I won't mention it because Vlad would look like an angle. We don't like the Ottoman, we joined the Brits against them in WWI and were in constant war for hundreds of years. But I am not from the kind of people who are spoonfed an idea and consider it as sacred as the Quran, or Bible in your case. I read history from all kinds of sources and I changed a lot of my ideas after going through a lengthy process and I am willing to do that with any idea once there is sufficient proof it is correct.

As for Ottoman rule over Romania, well the ottomans changed rulers, forced Turkish settlement, had many garrisons and directly controlled the Danube and certain cities, if this was done while they were paying tribute, then what is going to happen when they directly rule the place?

Al-Jassas 
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 19:26
"You are far away from Kosovo."

Yea but I guess it is important to explain the role of Islam in the Balkans as it pertains to the topic.

"At least he "asked daddy" with his head still attached and breathing ;)"

So you are saying better alive and a coward rather then dead for your faith and country? ;)

"I read history from all kinds of sources and I changed a lot of my ideas after going through a lengthy process and I am willing to do that with any idea once there is sufficient proof it is correct."

That's very good. We'll start with this: Romanian does not used Cyrillic. It did at one time for religious reasons. So if you could tell me what that thing you posted is?

"As for Ottoman rule over Romania, well the ottomans changed rulers"

This is true, sometimes the rulers were installed by the Turks. Sometimes those installed rulers were then killed by a true Romanian ruler.

"forced Turkish settlement"

Nope. Not in Romania. Maybe at the mouth of the danube at the edge. We also have Gagauz and Tatars there so it would probably be easier to settle Turks there.

"had many garrisons and directly controlled the Danube and certain cities"

Yea but no garrisons in Romania. And the ones south of the danube were often raided and sacked also.

"if this was done while they were paying tribute"

The tribute was more or less change. It was symbolic, a very little amount. It was more like the Turks saying "Listen we're tired of losing our men in your country and I am sure you don't like us marching through destroying stuff. Pay us 200 dollars as tribute and we stay out."

A bowed humble head can not be cut. So of course it was accepted, again a symbolic gesture and that was that. Let me put it this way. America today rules over Afghanistan with more assurance then the Turks ruled over Romania.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 22:11
Obviously you know nothing about what is happening right now in Afghanistan.

The turks had many forts inside Romania territory, several parts of Roman and Moldavan territory were organized into sanjaks which is of course equivalent to county level in Ottoman administration especially in Bessarabia. The entire Black sea coast was under direct Ottoman rule and hence the existance of most romanian Turks there (Dobruja region).

As for Romania using Cyrillic, it was used in Romania till the 1920s and in Moldova till the 1980s, I don't know which country you come from but you should have known this.

Al-Jassas
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2008 at 23:26
"Obviously you know nothing about what is happening right now in Afghanistan."

The Americans have some main roads and some of the larger cities. Nothing much else.

"The turks had many forts inside Romania territory, several parts of Roman and Moldavan territory were organized into sanjaks which is of course equivalent to county level in Ottoman administration especially in Bessarabia."

The Turks may have used already previously built forts, in certain situations but for the most part they did not stay in the land.

"The entire Black sea coast was under direct Ottoman rule and hence the existance of most romanian Turks there (Dobruja region)."

I said north of the Danube.

"As for Romania using Cyrillic, it was used in Romania till the 1920s and in Moldova till the 1980s, I don't know which country you come from but you should have known this."

The one with the Carpathians in it. And I do know Cyrillic WAS used. You said "Romanian IS written in Cyrillic."
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 02:57
"s for Romania using Cyrillic, it was used in Romania till the 1920s and in Moldova till the 1980s,"

"In the late 1700s, Transylvanian scholars noted the Latin origin of Romanian and adapted the Latin alphabet to the Romanian language, using some rules from Italian, recognized as Romanian's closest relative. The Cyrillic alphabet remained in (gradually decreasing) use until 1860, when Romanian writing was first officially regulated."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language

"In the Soviet Republic of Moldova, a special version of the Cyrillic alphabet derived from the Russian version was used, until 1989, when it returned to the Romanian Latin alphabet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language

Moldavia was under Russian occupation until 1989. Between wars Latin alphabet was used in Moldavia.

Albert Einstein
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 04:37
Oh man... I miss a couple of days and now I have pages to catch up on...
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 05:02
Nothing about Kosovo and documentary.Cheers

Albert Einstein
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 12:28
Serbia pretex for holdin Kosovo was that it had its churches there (which make the hart of serbian culture) and after you start killing and formulating a genocide on that pretex,the people suffering from that will naturaly destroy them,its wrong ,but killing in the name of the church as serbia did,and planing genocide with that pretex,is not only wrong but an atrocious act.Serbian army comited atrocities unseen in recorded history in Europe,even during the Nazi era,and still have not apologised for it.What is the destruction of Serbian churchees compared????????

And this Churchees were not destroyed because they were christian,because many Albanians who live in Kosovo are christians themselves and they go to church,but because they were Serbian,and they were an instrument that was used as a pretex to bring in Serbian army to kill and rape.

Google about the NGO-s in Kosovo dealing with the thousends of rapes and disapearences during the war,to see the extent of the crimes comited by the Serbian army.

And are you CARPATHIAN WOLF somehow deny that this crimes took place,or are you trying to justify this crimes? What is your role in This?

And you keep calling KLA terrorist org,but the truth is that KLA is the only guerrilla in the world that has not taken its war outside the area inhaited by its people,and has never used terrorist tactics,such as lets say blow up people in Serbia to pressure their government to withdraw.A tactic used by every other guerrila.

KLA enjoyed overwhelming suport from the population in the areas it was operating.

And it is KLA former leaders that won the vote of the independent Kosovo.

This is the reality that you dont like to look at.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 12:42
There  was no plan by the international comunity to take Kosovo out of Serbia,it was exactly Serbia's planed Genocide and it's behaviour with alarmed the international comunity.

So it was Serbia's policies wich forced the international comunity to take action.

Kosovo has once declared indipendence in early nineties,but it was not recognised by any country exept Albania.

Kosovo was long and hard trying to peacefully take back the autonomy wich was ilegaly striped of by Miloshevic,but no country was willing to help.

It is the same autonomy Serbia is offereing now that it lost the war.It could have easyly engaged in peacefull diplomacy with Ibrahim Rugova then,and Kosovo would still be part of Serbia and autonomus,but Miloshevic and Serbian nationalist did not want the 90% albanian population there to be in charge and since there was no suport for Albanians anywhere in the world decided to go it with a crazy adventure of genocide.

It backfired,they lost the war,and now they crying their loss.They embarked with russias help into a campaign of black propaganda,once plaing the christian drama,once plaing with history,atacking albania's national identity,on Right wing forums attacking albania of benig Muslim,or Jew suporter,and on left wing attacking albania of being NAZI.

They contradict themselves most of the time.

Two days ago the President of Albania after Tadic claim (in a regional gathering of the balkan leaders) that in Kosovo have been destroyed Serbian churchees,replyed by telling him that Serbia should start looking at the future,at a future of integration.

Edited by HEROI - 25-Jun-2008 at 12:46
Me pune,me perpjekje.
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 17:12
Yea basically there was no genocide in Kosovo against the Albanians and nobody but people with an agenda say this. Racak wasn't a massacre, all the forensic teams sent in agree on this. There was never a plan of genocide. Show me proof of this, an order, something!

KLA are terrorists and Milosevic did want to talk with them. The simple tiny fact that you didn't even know that the KLA first started attacking Serbian police and non Albanian civilians which made Milosevic attack them really just shows how skewed your perspective is.

The autonomy was taken away by Milosevic because of how the Albanians in power were using their position. The same great ol echo of "Greater Albania" seems to be something intertwined in every fiber of all the Albanian politicians in power.

Interesting article.

I think Kosovo and Serbia should look into future intergration. The intergration of Kosovo into Serbia. This non sense has to stop. The KLA is already operationg in FYROM trying to stir the same crap up again. The Albanians in Pristina hold up signs of Greater Albania being part of Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, FYROM and Greece.

You think just because America helped you then everything said must be true. You just take everything told to you without questioning it because it praises your side and gives you what you want. Consider this, one of the largests deposits of Tungston, a metal used in military equipment is in Kosovo, northern Kosovo to be specific which is why the Serbs there aren't given the same right as the Albanians to break away. Consider that Bondsteel one of the largest US bases in the world, largest in Europe IIRC is in Kosovo. Consider that there was an oil pipe line going through Kosovo being built with the Russians. Now that the middle east is up in the air the most stable regions to get new oil are the Stans south of Russia.

The Albanian struggle no matter how noble you may think it is, is just a tool to be used for further global and economic expansion. It's the same game..."The Great Game."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>