Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision Song Contest!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision Song Contest!
    Posted: 11-May-2007 at 08:42

Yes its that time of the year once again, when our tv's will be taken over by 24 songs that should never have been created are broadcast accross Europe. Ukraine are the favourites, with a more than annoying, Elton John impersonating, crossdressing, fashion reject - Verda Serduchka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJ44NV6m-E

I have to say I'm supporting Romania's Todomondo, with his guitar song about love. As for the British Entry, another year of nil pois, hopefully. If scooch win, we will have to suffer their song on the radio for the next few months, please, no one vote for Britain!

Anyhow, my money is on Ukraine, Bulgaria or Turkey.

http://www.eurovision.tv
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/2007/

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 09:08
My girlfried has voted for Latvia, even after I spesifically forbitten her to do so.

Yes I had to sit down and watch the stupid show, She made me! Sleepy
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 09:31
and Yiannis, that was only the Semi's! You have the Final to watch now!!! Big%20smile
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 09:44
Arggggg! Dead
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 11:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cshVh0FwJs
Marija Sestic - Rijeka bez Imena

for Bosnia

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 11:41
Ok, Iceland was kicked out , once again. An international complot against Icelandic culture.

May all the other ridiculous songs stick in your craw.

listen to Icelands contribution:

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 11-May-2007 at 12:05

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 12:15
Mmmmmmmmm....Russia...Nice...

What's going on with Malta?
At least ,this year their singer wasn't that fatCensored

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 12:26
Iceland drops out of Eurovision

Icelands representative in the Eurovision song contest, Eirkur Hauksson, did not make it past the semi-finals held in the Finlandia Hall in Helsinki, Finland, yesterday with his rock song Valentine Lost.

Ten countries from last nights competition will go on to the finals along with the four largest countries who automatically qualify, the UK, France, Spain and Germany, and the top ten countries from last years Eurovision finals.

Of course Im disappointed, but Im not really surprised, Hauksson told reporters after the results were revealed. Just look at the results and youll see why, he said, referring to the fact that of the 28 countries competing last night, the ten qualifiers are Eastern European countries.

Hauksson then encouraged Icelanders to vote for their Nordic neighbors, either Sweden or Finland, in tomorrows finals. Denmark and Norway didnt make it to the finals either.

Hauksson told RV he would go as far as to say the eastern block mafia had bought the competition. Iceland has not made it to the finals since 2004.

Newcomers and countries that place below the 14th slot in the final Eurovision song contest have to take part in the semi-finals the following year. The ten favorites make it to the final contest, but the rest has to compete in the semi-finals again.

Viewers across Europe choose their favorite song with televoting, but cannot vote for their own country. Yesterday Belarus, Moldova, F.Y.R. Macedonia, Slovenia, Hungary, Georgia, Latvia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey were chosen to continue in the competition.

The Eurovision Song Contest has been held annually by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 1956. It is one of the most-watched non-sporting events in the world with millions of viewers both in Europe and abroad.

Iceland first participated in 1986, when Hauksson also represented the country. Icelands best results were in 1999, when it placed 2nd with Selma Bjrnsdttirs All Out of Luck.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 18:26
Ulrich, your singer in last eurovision song contest was a grotesc figure. She'd also insulted Greek people in her performance... Hope she is not the characteristic type of icelandic womanTongue

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2007 at 22:21
Originally posted by Athanasios

Ulrich, your singer in last eurovision song contest was a grotesc figure. She'd also insulted Greek people in her performance... Hope she is not the characteristic type of icelandic womanTongue
She was a fictional character. How exactly did she insult Greeks?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 07:00
Originally posted by Athanasios

Mmmmmmmmm....Russia...Nice...
she did look nice untill i saw her teeth from close caption Dead

a "huge" split between the two forest teeths Confused
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 08:13
I liked the Bulgarian song. :)
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 13:26
My votes are as follows:

1) Israel
2) France
3) Moldova
4) Turkey
5) Russia
6) Bulgaria
7) Serbia

Bravo to Israel! really funny song

Edited by mamikon - 12-May-2007 at 13:29
olvios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote olvios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 13:31
Israel& moldova
http://www.hoplites.net/
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 13:39
I think Israel didn't make it Shocked 
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 13:55

Eurovision- Madhouse

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 14:59

My favourite from last night was Belgium

I agree about the Maltese song, it was quite painful to listen to, and she was upsetting the dogs, which is a pity as we normally rely on Malta along with Ireland for all our votes.

Should be close to nil pois for the British entry

Edited by Lotus - 12-May-2007 at 16:37
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 17:10
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

She was a fictional character. How exactly did she insult Greeks?

She said f* word Greece or something
Anyway, i hope the Russians will get "the money" in the end

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 17:22
Serbia will win.!

Eurovision has always been such a loser propaganda tool...
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 18:05
SERBIA????????????????????

Oh dear, how sad Eastern Europe is, I'm almost ashamed to study Eastern Europe! heh.

Another year of rigged voting and out of tune songs. Woohoo!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>