Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Next Total War
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [2.70%]
24 [32.43%]
4 [5.41%]
9 [12.16%]
6 [8.11%]
10 [13.51%]
19 [25.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Total War
    Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 16:41

Originally posted by Catt

Heavy,heavy rumours going around that the next intallment is Medieval Total War 2.

mmmh, then I hope for Chinggis Qaan: Total War or maybe Renaissance: Total war.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 16:47
with special Trample the Caliph! minigames!  extra points if you can do it to the pope too!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 19:58

go Medevil total war: Greece

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 19:59
I prefer Chinese three Kingdom
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 20:01
For me a dream would Be Total War: The Korean 3 kingdoms period...psh...like I'm ever going to see that...so for Now I"m endorsing Total War: Eurasia.
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 20:50
Originally posted by Cywr

IIRC, a Korean company does.

Oh? whats the name? is it as good as American/British RTS???

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 21:03
No idea.
There are a few good game companies in Korea, that are only just starting to break out of the East Asian market and make inroads elsewhere. Try a google search or something, i'm no expert as the typical Blizzard style RTS isn't really my thing, and much of RTS falls under that umbrella.
Arrrgh!!"
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 08:59

Though it's a fat chance in hell, I'd very much enjoy a Fantasy: Total War. You understand, fantasty units like elves, giants, ogres, etc.

However, as this is not going to happen, Medieval: Total War 2 would be nice as well.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 16:32
there is a Middle Earth mod in the works.

Roughneck View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Roughneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 01:36
You mean there's a Medieval Mod in the works for RTW?  Awesome!  I'd like to see MTW2 or a Napoleonic version.
[IMG]http://img160.exs.cx/img160/7417/14678932fstore0pc.jpg">
Scythian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Scythian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 14:32
Whoever said 'Silk Road' as the center of the campaigns is a genius.
Finally, we'd see the marvellous cities of Central Asia etc.

The map could encompass everything from Japan and Korea to Portugal, with
northern parts of Egypt, Arabia, India and IndoChina.

I'd put even more emphasis on realism and RPG elements, to make a
game where you'd have no chance of conquering things too fast.
I'd also add more things than just cities and military object/wonders...

We need more things to emphasize that the gameplay is a history making
course, so, there should be info on religion ( like in MTW ), then the language spoken, and the culture practised by the inhabitants of various cities of your empire.

The most annoying part of the MTW series are the rebellions. The NEED to handle them in a different way. It must be a juicy piece of gaming, not a chore...

Perhaps an option on funding the town militias in your cities should be introduced.
So, you don't need to actually station an army in your city... the crowd-controlling  militia should be a separate option like the agents are.

That would make an interesting feature because you'd have to balance funding for preventing rebellions with expenditures for everything else ( there should be an easy-to-use option where you balance your expenditures ).

Then, there should be cultural balancing that make it harder to conquest large teritories. I mean, in the sense of Chinese people being less 'expansionist', while the Frankish Empire would be mega-expansionist.
So, as a ruler of China, you can introduce a new religion to make your population more warlike ( but you have to wait for generations for the religion to expand ) etc. etc.

All that wouldn't complicate things too much, it should all be done with a simple interface and behind-the-scenes working.

I'm just in favour of more flexibility in customizing your faction, and greater differences between the culture of the factions.

For example, imagine having a warrior culture like the Alans, and then expanding vastly, and then choosing to alter your culture to fit the situation more.
Then, you build something, and use the option to set your population to be more production oriented ( artisans, peasants ).

Just my 2c
intem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote intem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 01:56
i would definetly prefer Han dynasty total war with all those rumors of those people who want a conflict between han and the romans, i reckon the Han armies would have better artillery and calvary and more discipline as well as technological advancement, on the other hand of the romans it would be standards in everything. I would like to see how those old chosuns gettin beatin badly by the han armies.
J.T.I.J
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 03:08

I would give like a million bucks for World: Total War, the map would spam over the whole world, Asia,  Australia, Europe, you would be given the ability to create cities on lands, there would be 1205 factions and there would be 5000000 different units.....

And for the most important thing... for winning the campaign you should have to conquer the whole world.. the factions would go in manners as there are South-American, North-American, Asian, European, African, Australian and Oceanian divisions that would split into hundreds of subdivisions and they would split into factions.... and i would want to see a preson completeing that game with EVERY civilization in few weeks.

And the map would be around 1000's and would go up to 1765.

WE WANT A TW LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 07:53
I would like a Total War like that Rider. Think of it, basically world history all in an awesome video game.

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 11:26

Other: Americas Total War

I agree with anyone that put anything with the Americas.

Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 03:19
Indonesia total war would be fun.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=dalesan
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 04:21
Looking back at the thread, i still want my Eurasian: Total War to come to fruit, but i think if its going to be regional, then Tobo has it right, sod Europe and China, India is what we need.
Arrrgh!!"
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 12:20
The Late Antiquity period from the fall of the classical Roman Empire to the Islamic conquests would be interesting. It would be the next logical step after Barbarian Invasion and could serve as a bridge to MTW, albeit missing a couple of centuries. 
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 18:32

Originally posted by Cywr

Looking back at the thread, i still want my Eurasian: Total War to come to fruit, but i think if its going to be regional, then Tobo has it right, sod Europe and China, India is what we need.

Yes indeed, obviously all of Eurasia or even the world would be best, but region wise we need India so bad.  Theres already legions of strategy games for Europe and the Middle East, andlegions of bad console-ish games for China were people have long purple hair and other BS, but India, one of Earths greatest culture groups, is neglected.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 13:29
I would like to see a rome total war game with guns but I wonder what we would use as calvary.
"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>