Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Next Total War
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [2.70%]
24 [32.43%]
4 [5.41%]
9 [12.16%]
6 [8.11%]
10 [13.51%]
19 [25.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Total War
    Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 13:37
Now that we have experienced the new RTW engine, which era do you think the engine suits best and which would you like it implemented for the next?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 14:03

mh, my wettest dream would be Napoleonic wars, with Mongol conquest (medieval 2) and warring states (China) closely behind. a Total war game in renaissance euroe (especially eastern europe) would also be nice. I definately don't want aynthing fantasy, like middle earth or crap like that. that would make me abandon the Total war series for good.

first choice is Napoleonic wars because it's a well researched era with lot's of diverse units and tactics even though most factions have the same basic pool of units. Mongol conquest because of the large diversity of armies and factions. warring states because Shogun is somewhat still my favourite. all three are also eras of grand-scale warfare, even more so than (european) middle ages and Roman times.

BTW, why did you include egypt in your first choice? we already have it in RTW!

Edited by Temujin
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 14:40
That is ancient Egypt,Hittites,Seapeoples ect.    Always wanted ancient China but i bet they are scared of how an Asian based game will do in the Western market. The game is considerably bigger since Shoggy.
I hope they dont stop to consider Napoleonic Era because of 'Imperial Glory'. Pyro games are fun but low quality.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 14:47

Originally posted by Catt

That is ancient Egypt,Hittites,Seapeoples ect.   

and that's what i meant!

I hope they dont stop to consider Napoleonic Era because of 'Imperial Glory'. Pyro games are fun but low quality.

don't think so, Imperial glory and Cossacks II will be released way before a possible release of the next TW game. the only question buggin me is, will Cossacks II be better than Imperial glory? it surely has the potential, I don't mind 2D graphics...

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 15:31
Other.
Eurasia: Total War
From the Huns to the Mongols, and everything inbetween.

Always wanted ancient China but i bet they are scared of how an Asian based game will do in the Western market.

Didn't stop them from doing Shogun, hell, if its going to be 'Asian', its garenteed to be China+Japan, American market and all.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:01
very funny Temujin

Originally posted by Cywr

Didn't stop them from doing Shogun, hell, if its going to be 'Asian', its garenteed to be China+Japan, American market and all.

Well Shogun was their first project and i think they only expected to sell 250,000 units.Ofcourse it went big. Now the game is much bigger with alot of money invested in it.China is currently infested with piracy. Eurasia is a great idea though, but trade would seem limited.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:38
Aztec: Total War (or Mesoamerica: Total War, but that sounds odd)
Would be cool not to kill enemies, but take them prisoner.

Napoleonic/Imperial sounds cool too
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:41

very funny Temujin

Originally posted by Cywr

Well Shogun was their first project and i think they only expected to sell 250,000 units.Ofcourse it went big. Now the game is much bigger with alot of money invested in it.China is currently infested with piracy. Eurasia is a great idea though, but trade would seem limited.

It would be limited to areas with direct naval contact, Med, Baltic (maybe the Western Fringe of Europe will be cut off, no need for it to be too big), Red Sea, Peraian Gulf, etc.
Overland would depend on someone creating stable overland routes.
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 16:42
whaaa? did you ever heard aboutt he Silk road? i mean coem on, the silk road was the largest trade going on ebfore the discovery of America, and they onlc foudn america becasue they were looking for a sea conection sicne the ottomans blocked the silk road. so trade is the least argument.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 17:46
Quite, though one would have to be in control of the lanf area of the silk road, and the other main routes (though passes in the Himalayas or whatever), in order to make the most cash out of it.
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 05:47
who would most of the trade exactly be between on the Silk Road?

How would trade be done in a hypthetical Warring States theme?
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 06:26

warring states i voted...dun want another three kingdom game...there's already tonnes out there.

napoleonic would be nice but i'll probably go dizzy from looking at all those colouful uniforms that they used to wear.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 12:13

who would most of the trade exactly be between on the Silk Road?

How would trade be done in a hypthetical Warring States theme?

prior to the Mognol conquest, there was almost no trade anymore on the silk road, so the point would be to conquer most parts of it in order to establish trade between china and the middle east.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 13:33
Cywr's Eurasia is Huns to Mongols.
Would have to take the reigns of the Tang.

Agree with baby, 3Kingdoms,barf!
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 01:36
I would have an orgasm if they came out with a WWII: Total War... but that would require Pentium 239029s and 2940389493 gigabytes of harddrive, so not coming soon.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2004 at 19:11
Dux, sounds like you will like the upcoming 'Wartime Command' set for release next year.
It's not a TW but i would not be surprised if it is a fantastic game or much better than a CA game. Am very familiar with the dev team on this and they are topclass.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/wartimecommand/about-game/
-----------------

Work has just begun on NTW2.

Edited by Catt
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 19:27

there is already a pretty good mod for napoleonic total war, so i don't know if it would be worth making a new one

(although i suppose they could make it better, since it does still use the basic medieval total war engine)

J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 19:51
The pics in Catt's sig are from the Nap mod aren't they?  And yes, that game looks great!  Thank's for letting know about it.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:10
Murph, NTW is a modification to Medieval. These screens are of work for Rome Total War in its infancy. It is going to be in a completely different engine but made by the same folks, The Lordz.

difference here:
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Lordz27/ntwbatpic9.j pg
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:17
So there will be a nappy mod for RTW too?

I'll finaly get to play it
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>