Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest modern army?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Poll Question: Which was the greatest modern army?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [29.52%]
7 [6.67%]
12 [11.43%]
3 [2.86%]
2 [1.90%]
2 [1.90%]
46 [43.81%]
2 [1.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest modern army?
    Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 10:40
Originally posted by Death

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.

This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.

See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?

Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!

US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

Ok, I'm game, what's your car?
*btw, I'm not hungry, just had a wonderful lunch.
**now I'm your Romanian friend?! 
***I know quite well what life was all about in Romania before 1989(90). I don't think that Russian had something to do with it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 21:48
Originally posted by Russian

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion! US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

there we go, why US doesnt wipe out Iran, lol, because it can't.

There was no army in history more powerful than the RED ARMY.

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Ok,  this is getting really old.  All this bullsh*t is going to get this thread locked.
Anyways.....

why US doesnt wipe out Iran, lol, because it can't. 
My friend,  you are very wrong here.  The US can wipe out Iran or any country in the world.  Tell me why it would be in the best interests of the US to invade Iran right now.  Do you seriously think that GWBush is going to march American troops right into Iran while they are still trying to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.  He has the support of about 35% of the population and there is no way that Congress would support him let alone the UN and NATO.  This arguement is very stupid;  quit using it. 

Edited by karlos - 09-Jun-2006 at 21:58
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 20:39

Use your script and language retard............unlike you i read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!

there we go, why US doesnt wipe out Iran, lol, because it can't.

There was no army in history more powerful than the RED ARMY.

Ok, Death, keep going, keep swearing, just go ahead, I am going to just read your random post, I don't even want to argue with you, it is impossible, you believe what you want to believe.

Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 16:21
Use your script and language retard............unlike you i  read books and have read far more then you .Im sure of that.

This sick kid could be your dad, but if you were my son i would send you back to Russia................share the fate of your nation you imbecil.....its easy to live in Canada.................Im thinking that maybe you got deported cause your dumb,or crazy.

See here My Romanian friend,.....first of all i would take the Dacia,its a cool car i wont mind,seckond, yeah listten to this guy,you might learn something...............................you are in Romania right,..................now try and remember how we all lived in this part of Europe(east) and tell me you beleve this guy, this pathetic excuse of a spinal coard that more or less was too weak to make it here where there is a strong competition to even live.........................his belly is full and you are hungry,do you beleve him?

Germany had a most powerful modern army,end of discusion!

US is the only superpower, it could wipe out any single country in the World now!
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:33

Guys, just leav him alone, it is a sick kid, maybne 15 years old, who can say all these things on the internet, never actualy loooking in to people's faces.

He doesn't use force either, cause he doesn't have any, lol.

Poshel ti v pizdu, psihopat ebaniy, po ebalu poluchish u menia.

LOL, I haven't been swearing for a long time in russian, lol, feels good.

Just ignore him, he is known for random posts.

I have been in Russia a year and a half ago, and I am gonna go there this summer, to Moscow, so....

LOL, good answer Cezar,      

Edited by Russian - 09-Jun-2006 at 07:35
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 21:24

I dont like dumb people!
I use force!
Im not afraid to say what i mean!
I hate to see people acting like retards!I want to beat up people that are acting like that!
If that has a consequence that i am baned from this forum then OK!        Ce facce?
And what else can i say to you Romanian but stay out of my way.
I hate myself for calling you Romanian!If you have a problem we can arange and meet in Temishvar,im free this summer,july, but i think it would be better that you came over the border because i havent money to pay for the visa.If you are from Temesvar then cool,sit in your car and drive to Nakovo,we meet half way.Im sure you got a nice car, i will bring mine and who wins gets the other persons car,ok?Or 100 euros if you dont drive.
I think i prooved my point with the Russian, i would like to proove my point ON you too.                      Your gonna question me!?!  Ти ћеш да ме прозиваш!?!

Well, if you want us to meet I'll be in Oradea for two weeks in July. I'll probably go there by train or fly so I won't bring my car (which, btw, is a Dacia 1310 so I don't really think you want it). After we fight and the authorities lock up both of us we could have a nice talk in jail about who's right and who's wrong.

*It's "Ce faace?!"

**I'm not dumb, I'm dumber!

***Why do you hate yourself for calling me Romanian?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 20:30
Calm down people.  Lets try to keep on topic.
Russian is right that the USSR should get the majority of the credit for defeating Germany. 
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 15:31
I dont like dumb people!
I use force!
Im not afraid to say what i mean!
I hate to see people acting like retards!I want to beat up people that are acting like that!
If that has a consequence that i am baned from this forum then OK!        Ce facce?
And what else can i say to you Romanian but stay out of my way.
I hate myself for calling you Romanian!If you have a problem we can arange and meet in Temishvar,im free this summer,july, but i think it would be better that you came over the border because i havent money to pay for the visa.If you are from Temesvar then cool,sit in your car and drive to Nakovo,we meet half way.Im sure you got a nice car, i will bring mine and who wins gets the other persons car,ok?Or 100 euros if you dont drive.
I think i prooved my point with the Russian, i would like to proove my point ON you too.                      Your gonna question me!?!  Ти ћеш да ме прозиваш!?!
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 14:35

Hey,quit blabering.Are you near Russia now?
We are here,....hows it going in Canada?lol
 All the weak or very inteligent left Europe i see,......and i also see that you aint no genius.
On one side there is you,and on the other the 99% of people with a diferent opinion.........who is right?
You havent seen a real Russian in a long time i think.So go work out and spend some Canadian dolars,buy something nice to wear,read a good book from time to time.............................and since your so far away from here I,a mear 80 kg mongol looking son of a b,am forbiding you to speak in our name....................................Russia is more mine then yours.
Are you Boris -the- bullet- dodger?Realy?
Face the facts-i got more guns then you.
One thing-how can you be such a hypocrit ман, Руссиа њилл невер бе уоир мотхерланд агаин анд уоз гот гутс то талк.Пусси.

Not very nice, especially the last part. Though I only know some russian it is very rude to use your script in saying that. Plain English would have done just fine.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 14:13
Hey,quit blabering.Are you near Russia now?
We are here,....hows it going in Canada?lol
 All the weak or very inteligent left Europe i see,......and i also see that you aint no genius.
On one side there is you,and on the other the 99% of people with a diferent opinion.........who is right?
You havent seen a real Russian in a long time i think.So go work out and spend some Canadian dolars,buy something nice to wear,read a good book from time to time.............................and since your so far away from here I,a mear 80 kg mongol looking son of a b,am forbiding you to speak in our name....................................Russia is more mine then yours.
Are you Boris -the- bullet- dodger?Realy?
Face the facts-i got more guns then you.
One thing-how can you be such a hypocrit ман, Руссиа њилл невер бе уоир мотхерланд агаин анд уоз гот гутс то талк.Пусси.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 11:39

Hi, welcome to forums. I disagree, Germany was stronger than USSR economically and USSR won the war, and USSR http://www.allempires.com/would easily win the war with US and Britain on continent after WW2, however, having weaker economy.

What if the US had droped a few A bombs on Russia then?Would you still have won?Russian get it through your thick skull- Russia didnt win over Germany,the whole World had to unite to do that.Russia played a big role,about 30-40 % and you should be proud of that.Dont make me come there with my Russian friend,140kg, and beat you up,and you know i have this friend for real,HA HA HA.

LOL, about 30-40%, I have different humbers, 75-80%, dude, USSR won the war, allies TOGETHER destroyed 20-25% of living forces of the enemy, so, how come USSR gets only 30-40%?

Also, it wasn;t Germany, it was half a Europe, against USSR alone from 1941, not just Germany, Germany wouldn't match USSR alone, they needed production capabilities, people (a lot of people were not german in the Reich army, but Romanians, french, hungarians, and a lot more).

Strange, if the whole world united against Axis, and USSR destroyed 75-80% of enemy forces, and the whole world destroyed only 20-25%, then USSR was stronger than the whole world?

Also, USA didn't have enough bombs to win over USSR, they would drop them, then USSR would go slaughter europe, that simple, Trueman wanted to do that, but once told that USA will not be able to destroy like half of USSR army, he calmed down. Yes, should US attack USSR with nuclear bombs, first, there were no ICBMs, so, the only way to deliver was bomber, and bomber can be hit down, intercepted and so on, and second, USSR would still defeat USA on continent.

I have a friend, CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPION for bench press, at SHW, 170 kg, I am not kidding, really, Clint Harwood, lives in Toronto, very close to my place, we work out together, I highly doubt you have anyone to put up against this monster dude, he benches 760 pounds, do you want photo? Seriously. Google him.

And I guess your friend is fat 140 kg, or not? and I can bet you I am stronger pound for pound, I am a weightlifter.

And most important thing, size doesn't matter that much.

Ok, enough, lol.

Edited by Russian - 08-Jun-2006 at 11:48
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 10:43

Hi, welcome to forums. I disagree, Germany was stronger than USSR economically and USSR won the war, and USSR would easily win the war with US and Britain on continent after WW2, however, having weaker economy.

What if the US had droped a few A bombs on Russia then?Would you still have won?

Russian get it through your thick skull- Russia didnt win over Germany,the whole World had to unite to do that.Russia played a big role,about 30-40 % and you should be proud of that.
Dont make me come there with my Russian friend,140kg, and beat you up,and you know i have this friend for real,HA HA HA.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 00:47

'Russian'  I completely agree with you that US ground forces will get completely destroyed if it ever invaded Russia.  Luckily,  American leaders are not dumb enough to think that this is a viable option.  But Russia has no capabilities to mount a major conventional offensive outside of its borders.  Active troops numbers are very close indeed,  but the US undoubtably has better facilities, training and equipment.  Even Sergei Ivonav admitted that the salaries and pensions of the average Russian soldier makes living conditions hard. 

You mention ABM shield.  I know all to well the worthlessness of this.  I live in Alaska near one of the launch facilities for the shield.  The shield is incapable of stopping a concentrated nuclear attack,  let alone a single ICBM.  But our government is willing to spend the money. Confused

Please tell me your sources on the "3000 absolutely new units are entering army, not production, army, this year, and 5000 upgraded" not because I dispute your claim but because I would like to become a little less "nieve."  There is no way for Russia to get these new units and upgrades without cuts in some other place,  so what is being cut to get these new "toys."

Yes,  you are correct that US equipment is very expensive.  But once again,  the US is willing to spend the money on it.  The US has spent so much that it has completely modernized its whole military.  The US's ability to get new technologies into service is unmatched.  You cannot argue that Russia's military is modernized to the same extent.  While Russia has arguably the best artillery platforms in the world, what percentage of Russian artillery units are equiped with them?  The Su-27 is arguably one of the most manuverable fighters in the world,  but advances in air-to-air missiles make manuverability of little use in a real fight.  With only about 400 Su-27s in operation,  they are going to be outnumbered in a total war against the US.

The mobility of the US military is its greatest strength.  In this world,  where there is not going to be a war between the US and another major military power like Russia or China in the forseeable future,  the ability to respond to trouble spots around the world is far more important than to be able to fight a major conflict of WWII proportions.  The US and Russia are equal in that niether can conquor the other.  The US is much farther ahead of Russia in its ability to mount operations throughout the world.

It is just my opinion that the US has greater military capabilities than Russia, I am certainly not alone.  I know that I cannot convince you of this.  It is also my opinion that if the US ever fought a total war against Russia,  WMDs would enevitably be used.  If that would be the case,  then there will be no winner.  I hope that we can at least agree on that.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 21:20

Originally posted by karlos

The US military is the most capable and powerful in the world. No other nation in the world puts as much money into their armed forces. As a result, the US military is the most modernized in the world. No nation can can match US navalor air power, and American ground forces are certainly more than capable. While Russia has a much greater number of tanks at their disposal, many of them are quickly becoming outdated. Also the number of active troops US armed forces are second only to China, as of 2003/2004. While US equipment is certainly not the best, the quantity of modern equipment is unparralelled. One thing that the US military is not capable of is an offensive against a major military power like Russia or China. But then again, no two nations on earth could successfully wage a conventional war against Russia on Russian territory.

IMO, the greatest army of the last centurywas the Red Army of 1944-45.

Pound for pound the Israeli or German armed forces are probably some of the best now, but currently because of sheer size and resources availible, the US military is the most powerful.

Yeah, yeah, US also has highest weapon sales, but did they sale the most WEAPONS? No, Russia did.

Russian land army will annihilate US land army, and US leaders know that my firend, alhtough they tell people that they are undefeatable, and you know what? PEOPLE BELIEVE.

Here some stats:

http://www.crisscross.com/jp/forum/m_502187/mpage_3/tm.htm

scroll down a bit, you will see land power

US equipment is VERY expensive

Also, US had allready spent 50 billion dollars on ABM shield and didn't get it to work, Russia spent like one tenth of this and got the countermeasure to the shield, EVEN IF it will work, here, look at this my naive friend:

http://nuclearno.com/text.asp?9588

it is written by US missile inspector.

Number of tropps is not much bigger than Russia, it is like 100000 more I think, and Russia has 20 million in reserve, does US have reserve? They are using National Guard in Iraq, who are supposed to stay home

Russia equipment becomes outdated, but guess what? 3000 absolutely new units are entering army, not production, army, this year, and 5000 upgraded, and guess what, it is not AKs, it is tanks and vehicles, some submarines, these are also artillery systems and so on, and so on. SO, Russian army is NOT outdated, it is becoming updated and renewed

US land forces are not gonna stand a chance against big regular land forces of countries like Germany, China, Russia, not enough firepower.

The US military is NOT the most powerful, Land army-Russia, WMDs-Russia, US-navy, US-air. Pretty even I would say, especially taking in to account that Navy and Air are not as significant as land forces.

pound for pound there is nothing better than russian artilery and some russian arcrafts and russian ICBMs, russian anti-aircraft systems, but some german stuff is among the best nevertheless.

You also seem to mention production capabilities and resources, well, US has neither of them the most, most resources-obiviously, Russia, most production capabilities, especially for land army - Russia or China, but I am starting to thikn it is China, not by a lot though, Russia has a lot of factories (aftermath of USSR), but chinese is growing pretty fast.

Edited by Russian - 07-Jun-2006 at 21:33
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 20:28
     The US military is the most capable and powerful in the world.  No other nation in the world puts as much money into their armed forces.  As a result,  the US military is the most modernized in the world.  No nation can can match US naval or air power,  and American ground forces are certainly more than capable.  While Russia has a much greater number of tanks at their disposal,  many of them are quickly becoming outdated.  Also the number of active troops US armed forces are second only to China,  as of 2003/2004.  While US equipment is certainly not the best,  the quantity of modern equipment is unparralelled.  One thing that the US military is not capable of is an offensive against a major military power like Russia or China.  But then again,  no two nations on earth could successfully wage a conventional war against Russia on Russian territory.

IMO,  the greatest army of the last century was the Red Army of 1944-45.
Pound for pound the Israeli or German armed forces are probably some of the best now,  but currently because of sheer size and resources availible, the US military is the most powerful.
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 18:46
Germany - most efficient. (my vote)
Red Army - anyone's nightmare.

* The A6Mx Zero was a technological dead end. It was no match for the La5 or even the Yak1 - Yak1M. No armor, no self fueling tanks, not even enough firepower to bring down an Il2M3. Maneouvrability? Great, indeed bu it's not about aerobatics, it's about airfight. And with the arrival of the Yak3 I don't see the Zero very well. Training? Only IJN pilots had superior training. The bomber crews were better trained than the fighters in the army forces. The Oscar or the Tony would have been far better fighter planes if only Japan could have produced them in significant numbers. The bombers, except the Judy, Jill and Frances (too late), were crap. Nevertheless, USSR couldn't have invaded Japan. They simply lack transports and naval strentgh to do such a thing. And Japan would still get enough resources from ... out of USSR reach possesions.

**Hey, why isn't Andorra's army listed here? I know they are the best!

Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 17:11

Originally posted by xristar

The US army is very mobile, but in what sense? The US claim they can strike everywhere on the planet after a few days since the order is given. Ok, fine, they are able to take over Somalia immediately. But can they take out a serious country? The billions they spend, they spend them on equipment that doesn't affect the performance of the army. They have like 10 or more aircraft carriers. Big deal! Carriers can carry only few airplanes. The US base on allies to make their air strikes. So, if they are left with no allies their air superiority goes away, unless of course we are talking of a war with Mexico or Canada. Their land army is nothing special. They have good equipment, but it's designed to be mobile, not powerful. When they use the Strykers, which are like toys, no match for true IFVs, and they replace the Abrams as too heavy, forgetting that the tank is the essence of a land army, what can you expect to do in a real war? Always talking conventional (no nuclear strikes), the US army with its 40 light brigades, spread around the world, is no match for eg the russian army. All is their airforce, without which they have no chance.

THANK YOU. That's what I am saying to everytone here, that's right, mobile army made to be mobile, not powerful, I doubt that US wil take out other powerful regular army too, they make contribution to mobility, and ability to fight small armies of weak countries, like Iraq, who have old equipment, do ou know what they tested their newest laser on, laser that is supposed to hit missiles? Katusha MRL, WW2 times MRL, and they hit 2 out of 6 missiles so far, all other missiles would theoretically destroy the laser station itself, and next volley will be free from any laser, and that's WW2 weapon. They are not planning to go to war with another industrialized country, they don't have enough firepower to do that.

Also, terribly agree with xristar, US without allies will lose a lot.

Also, US is now using the very methods that were used by USSR and made it dissolute, brute use of force, losing their allies, losing influence. Russia, however, does the opposite, it takes the role that US played, making allies, not using force and peacekeeping.

Karlos:

If Hitler would have invaded Soviet Union before Europe, he would have lost even worse, why? Study history, military history. Most German tanks were made in Zhechoslovakia and other european countries. After invading european countries, germany got some more soldiers in to their army, should ONLY german army invade USSR, it would have lost even quicker and with less casualties to USSR. Third Reich's power was exactly this, the fact that it controlled almost half a europe, if not actual half, and gained power because of that and THEN, after getting stronger invaded USSR.

Spreading troops thin is not correct, whereever germans attacked, they would most of the time make sure they are outnumbering the enemy, a lot of Soviet troops were in Far East in the beginning of the war, so it was also spread out too thin.

You are right that Russia can not invade US, and there are good things in that too.

USSR was dissoluted not because it couldn't feed it's people or support it's army, but because there were people like Gorbachev, who were almost BOUGHT by USA, it is he who basically broke everything apart, most republics voted to stay as a part of USSR.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 14:28

Hi all,  im new here.

It is impossible to seperate economic strength and military might when considering full scale modern war.  For that reason,  I voted the US. 

Hi, welcome to forums. I disagree, Germany was stronger than USSR economically and USSR won the war, and USSR would easily win the war with US and Britain on continent after WW2, however, having weaker economy.

Resources, people, technology is all that matters, economic strength is measured in money, and it is not how much money you have, but how much you can produce.

US sold military equipment for 12 billion dollars, and Russia for 6 only, but who sold mre actual EQUIPMENT? Russia, by far. There goes your economy, separated from military strength.

How do you think, what happens if US goes in to war with Russia on continent?

Germany was defeated by an economically weaker USSR because its armies were spread to thin.  Imagine if Germany had invaded the USSR before Western Europe.  The USSR would have had no help from the allies and would have had to face the full attention of German army.
    The USSR did produce more during the cold war,  but in the end,  it crippled their economy and lead to the collapse of the Soviet Union.  Simply put,  the USSR could not find a way to feed its people and construct their army.
   Russia could undoubtably defeat the US(and all of NATO) in any conventional European war.  The sheer number of front line units that can be deployed by Russia would overwhelm any NATO opposition.  If the US decided to invade Russia,  the end result would be little different from any who tried before.  But if Russia ever tried to invade the US,  would they succeed?  I think not.  Russia is certainly the greatest modern army in their region,  but they cannot compare to the US worldwide.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 04:29
The US army is very mobile, but in what sense? The US claim they can strike everywhere on the planet after a few days since the order is given. Ok, fine, they are able to  take over Somalia  immediately.
But can they take out a serious country? The billions they spend, they spend them on equipment that doesn't affect the performance of the army. They have like 10 or more aircraft carriers. Big deal! Carriers can carry only few airplanes. The US base on allies to make their air strikes. So, if they are left with no allies their air superiority goes away, unless of course we are talking of a war with Mexico or Canada. Their land army is nothing special. They have good equipment, but it's designed to be mobile, not powerful. When they use the Strykers, which are like toys, no match for true IFVs, and they replace the Abrams as too heavy, forgetting that the tank is the essence of a land army, what can you expect to do in a real war? Always talking conventional (no nuclear strikes), the US army with its 40 light brigades, spread around the world, is no match for eg the russian army. All is their airforce, without which they have no chance.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2006 at 02:55

Hi all, im new here.

It is impossible to seperate economic strengthand military might when considering full scale modern war. For that reason, I voted the US.

Resources, people, technology is all that matters, economic strength is measured in money, and it is not how much money you have, but how much you can produce.

US sold military equipment for 12 billion dollars, and Russia for 6 only, but who sold mre actual EQUIPMENT? Russia, by far. There goes your economy, separated from military strength.

How do you think, what happens if US goes in to war with Russia on continent?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>