Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockeys here so let have beer!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
deadkenny View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deadkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
    Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 18:57
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

... Are you following any other team now that Toronto is at the golf course?

Ouch.  Ouch

Well, actually I usually skip the first round.  The painful memories (of the regular season) are still too fresh, and too many of the series consist of the real 'contenders' crushing the 'pretenders'.  However, I will see who's still in it in the later rounds and take it from there.  Contray to the assumed 'Canadian team' support, I will certainly be cheering against Montreal.  They are the ENEMY, from way back!  Any of the sun belt teams are also definitely off my list. 
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
deadkenny View Drop Down
General
General

Quote deadkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:00
Originally posted by Gundamor

haha. I live in Toronto were people are buried in maple leaf coffins. 3 straight years of no playoffs, heads must roll.

Yeah, yeah.  I've heard that before.  The heads that need to roll are the fans'.  We all know that ownership heads are never going to roll, and as long as the money is rolling in, nothing is ever going to change.  Dead
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:54
Ouch.  Ouch
I'm a pretty fouled mouth Hockey fan(well, maybe fouled mouth in general), and talking about Hockey gets me blood thirsty. So prepared to be burned and bring a flame a shield!LOL
Contray to the assumed 'Canadian team' support, I will certainly be cheering against Montreal.
i understand that, I'd never ever EVER! Root for the Fish Sticks or Debbies. Can't stand'em! And the fans of the three teams always start talking smack to each other. Rivalries are fun!
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:56

Sounds like Lion's football.

Oh what you guys could do if you turned the clock back and had a young Doug Gilmour and Al Iafrate.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:01
Since when did the Lions actually start playing football?Tongue
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:04
They didn't. They sell tee shirts and used cars. LOL

So, who is up next for the rangers?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:13
I think it's still to be decided. It looks like the Pens might be it though. To be honest, I think I feared the Devs the most because of Brodiver and the Devs passion of hate against us. But now that they are out of the way, I think it'll only get easier.
We were pretty dominate against eastern teams, it's the West that always hurt us. 
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 16:49
I'm a HUGH Calgary Flames fan...I hope they win tonight and for games seven cook the Sharks for dinner. Go Flames Go! 
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 04:04
Ohhh....i can taste cooked Sharks for dinner...game seven here we go! Go Flames Go!
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 13:54
Don't get your hopes to high. One of those teams will have to face the wings eventually.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 21:59
Calgary might....I hope if that we beat the Sharks tomorrow...then we might play them. It would be very thought tho...the Red Wings are always a strong team.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:18
Stanley Cup appetizers don't get any better than this. Wings vs Avalanche coming to a tv near you. Let the heads roll onThursday as these bitter rivals renew their disdain for eachother.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:34
Avalanche have Jose Theodore, who seems to have turned to his orignal form. Hasek isn't starting, who was regarded as one of the best, which can effect the team. You better hope Osgood is going to stand on his head, because I think Theodore may just steal the show from what I've seen of him, he's been pretty amazing.

And it is the Rangers against Pens, they may have Crybaby, Malkin, and Fluery, but they ain't gonna stop the Rangers! LGR!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:38
Theodore Schmeodore! He'll turn to putty. 50 plus shots per game will do that to him. Anyway, it should be a tight one. The avalanche will fall in six.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 21:31
lol, now I hope he out does you guys so I can rub it in your face Seko!Tongue

Honestly though, for the Stanley Cup Finals, I'm hoping to see New York vs Detroit, I think that'd be great for the game of Hockey in the US and help grow it. The two Cities I think lost alot of fanbase from the 90s, a matchup like this would be great for growing the sport.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 03:17
A close one in Detroit. The wings plastered Colorado till Theodore was pulled in the second period. Then the Avalanche got a second wind to make it a close. Wings on top still, 4-3.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 05:08
Theodore was reportedly sick too, missed the morning practice because of that. The game was close, I watched the 3rd, but if Theo wasn't on his game, wonder what he'll be like when he's not ill.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 14:32
This series gets to be personal for the players. Even though many of the players were not around when these two teams were perenial favorites in the western conference during the past 12 years, a few old timers remain and carry the memories. That tradition will send a message to the newbs too that this series will not only be about playing skills (Detroit's advantage or stars from bygone days - Avalanche still have Sakic and Forsberg) but the Colorado-Detroit matchup is about luck, opportunity, grit and constant determination. The team that lets up for a brief moment will pay. Nothing less than renewed animosity and mutual respect is to be expected.

Theordore may have been ill, still he has officially been initiated to Detroit playoff hockey. He has to be on his toes 100% otherwise the pressure will get in his head and he'll be putty.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:16
I didn't think the rivalry was very strong at all, but I guess this could be the series to renew it like you said. Looked like the teams were aggrevated towards the end yesterday.

Can't wait for tonight though! I'm wondering who Avery will make his next target! Roberts hates him, Ruutu and Laraque will be after him, he might try to throw Crosby off his game and piss off the whole team, or he might just target the goalie again and try to  throw Fleury off! It's going to be pretty exciting to watch! Smile
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:39
You don't think the rivalry was very strong? Granted they took six years off from pounding eachother. The stakes are back now. S&D you do realize that the winner of the series in the past went on to win the Stanley Cup! Five in the last 12 years. Everything is magnified between those two. Of course, being that you are a New Yorker and only care about the Rangers you wouldn't understand the pressure. You are happy to see Lord Stanley's cup every 40 odd years or so if you could be so lucky! tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>