Print Page | Close Window

Hockeys here so let have beer!!!

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: Sports and Sports History
Forum Discription: Talk about your favorite team or the history of your favorite sport …
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22188
Printed Date: 16-Apr-2024 at 10:24
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
Posted By: The Canadian Guy
Subject: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
Date Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 14:37
The NHL season is kicking up...all tho my team is get their asses kicked, but hey I love it for the game. My team may not make it to the semi-playoffs but I like the team even if they loose. Calgary Flames for life!

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Replies:
Posted By: Justinian
Date Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 19:15
Well it looks like the Wild are going to be decent this year.  Thank god for that, considering the ability of the other Minnesota sports teams, they look to be our only chance at the playoffs.

-------------
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Posted By: SearchAndDestroy
Date Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 02:36
LETS GO RANGERS! WOOOO!

Man it felt like forever for this season to get started!
It's only five game in, we have 2 wins, but we're gonna make it!

And it's great seeing our young talent being developed.Big%20smile

HOCKEY'S BACK BABY!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 06:13
It's looking like a dismal year for the Habs... Good Lord, give us a coach with an attacking mentality...

Posted By: ulrich von hutten
Date Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 10:14
Hockey - is this.....

Icehockey is that....

-------------

http://imageshack.us">

Date Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 16:19
No thats a bunch of goofy people playing with upside down canes.

We are talking about the real sport here, not that...that whatever it is...Tongue

Oh yeah, what do you guys think about the new RBK Edge jerseys?

And did you hear about the new heated skate blades some of the players will being testing during practice to see whether it will be aloud ingame?

-------------
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey

Date Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 21:44
Chicago sucks. Either way, I prefer olympic hockey it is more professional and looks more like an actual team sport. The sensless fighting kills it for me doesn't do anything for the game.

-------------

Posted By: Omar al Hashim
Date Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 00:59
Hear! Hear! Ulrich!

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 01:51
I like Olympic Hockey just for the nation vs. nation atmosphere. Makes me feel more patriotic. But the Ice is to big in international rules, and there's no defending your stars from being ran at besides gooning it up and going after theirs'. Because of the larger ice surface, the game is slower, and I'm not a fan of that.

On Chicago, they'll be on the rise now. Wirtz is gone, and I believe they have some great talent on the team and some up coming. Plus, Wirtz died.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 07:45
Somehow I still doubt, the Wolves turn to be decent more than our Major Leauge team... and the Bulls are back with better performance in the last three seasons.

-------------

Posted By: pekau
Date Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 02:21
No offense, but Calgary Flames have reputation of being overrated, thanks to huge funds and never-diminishing supporters. (Calgary boom is strongly involved with this). In the beginning of the game, they play like pros. In the 2nd and/or 3rd period, they simply die. I remember how people were disappointed with a particular game, where Flames was winning by 4-0 in the 1st period, only to be beaten by 5-4.

Ignore me, Canadian Guy. I am not a great fan in sports. I can't seem to be drained out of the excitement. While nearly everyone were watching Fifa world cup (The time when Korea actually made to semi-final), I was playing games. How unpatriotic of me, eh?

-------------
http://swagbucks.com/refer/Malachi">      

Join us.

Date Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 12:26
SHAAAAAAAMMMEE ON YOU PEKAU!!!!! LOL I live in the eastern part of Canada, they are hate here because..ulgggh....Toronto and....Ottawa  are love here.  BTW I do not mean World Cup hockey...everybody knows Canada is a team to not mess with.

-------------
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.

Posted By: Prophet
Date Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 01:16
Begging your pardon but IMHO Hockey is like watching paint dry.  Soccer is even more interesting.  P

-------------
You have never fought a war unless you have fought the Germans. W.S. Churchill

Posted By: Jazz
Date Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 11:59
Originally posted by Prophet

Begging your pardon but IMHO Hockey is like watching paint dry. Soccer is even more interesting. P

You have got to be kidding

Nothing is more exciting sports-wise than a live hockey match!

Anyways, back to the season....My Canucks are slumping with all their injuries to the defensemen, but I am hoping this last victory over the Oilers brings some life back into the team!

-------------
http://www.forums.internationalhockey.net/index.php?/index.php?referrerid=8 - International Hockey Forums

Posted By: Siege Tower
Date Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 14:56
The Ottawa senates are the only Canadian team worth watching so far, i had high hopes in the oilers, but so far no signs of improving, the leaves are just hopeless. i never paid any attention the the canucks and the flames but i sure hope one of them will make the playoff.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 16:58
Jazz! Where the hell have you been? Your probably the most knowledgable Hockey fan here, so you can't be disappearing otherwise hockey discussions disappear!

My Rangers are just inconsistent. And I'm not sure there's a clear explaination. I heard it's coaching, certain players, chemistry, lack of energy, older players, not having a number one d-man, lack of a finisher, etc... The answer isn't clear at all.
I think we just did to much all at once by adding Gomez and Drury. Yeah they are both great players, but you can't expect two great players coming in and meshing with the others that already established their spots on the team. You only have Four Lines and Gomez and Drury are top line players, which means you change the look of the team alot by adding them. We now have a Rookie, Dubinsky, playing as Jagr's center, and Avery a second liner at best as Jagr's other Lineman. And that to me says big chemistry problem when you have to mix players up that much.

I don't have a problem if they work, I'm just saying that it was probably to much to fast. Almost seems like years past signing the best players we can on the Rangers. Gomez and Drury were the number 1 and 2 on the centers freeagent list I'd say last offseason.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 23:45
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Jazz! Where the hell have you been? Your probably the most knowledgable Hockey fan here, so you can't be disappearing otherwise hockey discussions disappear!.....

Haha, looks like it....

Been busy with work (I'm self employed), my other site, and now even more importantly my 6 month old daughter!

I'll chime in more often...promise!

-------------
http://www.forums.internationalhockey.net/index.php?/index.php?referrerid=8 - International Hockey Forums

Date Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 00:16
Hey congrats on having a daughter. My sister had her child 8months ago. I'm a very proud uncle, and amazing how one small child adds so much more to the family.

I hope you do come in here more often. Do you also go to hfboards, or does someone their just have the same name? I don't post their often, but my name there is Blueshirtsfan86.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 10:58

Hey congrats on having a daughter. My sister had her child 8months ago. I'm a very proud uncle, and amazing how one small child adds so much more to the family.

I hope you do come in here more often. Do you also go to hfboards, or does someone their just have the same name? I don't post their often, but my name there is Blueshirtsfan86.

Thanks, becoming a father has been a wonderful change, now I can't imagine life without her!

Yep, that is me, same namesake on hfboards.com I spend most of my time there in the Business and International Forums, but most of my forum time running //www.forums.internationalhockey.net - www.forums.internationalhockey.net which has more of a broader international focus on the game.

Anyways, what the heck happened vs the Habs on Tuesday, up 5-0 only to use 5-6!?!?!!?

-------------

Posted By: Seko
Date Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 11:43

Congrats on the growing family Jazz. Been so long I wonder what brought you back to these parts? Oh, it must be close to playoff time.

Don't worry about them Habs. They are a 100% improvement over last year. It's my Red Wings that have been dinged up the past two weeks that gets me worried.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 18:07
Anyways, what the heck happened vs the Habs on Tuesday, up 5-0 only to use 5-6!?!?!!?
Don't bring that up... It hurts to much.Cry I honestly can't believe they fell apart, especially when they actually play they play great defense, but it's like they feel asleep at the switch... I'm still stunned they lost it. I had to listen to it on the radio since they had it on a channel; I don't get last night, so I'm not sure where it really went wrong. It's just unbelievable.
And then after the game Jagr is talking about how he doesn't mind if he gets traded and has always wanted to play in Canada! WHAT THE HELL! Not something I want to hear from our Captain after a major unbelievable lose in a game they had in the bag!

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 04:08
Originally posted by Seko

Congrats on the growing family Jazz. Been so long I wonder what brought you back to these parts? Oh, it must be close to playoff time.

Don't worry about them Habs. They are a 100% improvement over last year. It's my Red Wings that have been dinged up the past two weeks that gets me worried.

Thanks.

Actually, I had been meaning to come back for a while, but changing computers I lost my password and my password retrieval attempts did not work since I did not remember which e-mail address I used.....anyways, my time did not permit me to post much anyways, so I would just read some topics here and there....

In fact, I probably won't have much time anyways to post much, but will work hard to keep this thread alive...besides, we have to educate the ignorant masses worldwide on the beauty of this game, including those in this forum!

-------------

Posted By: jmac950
Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 06:01
For the first time in 15 years, my Montreal Canadiens are in first place in the Eastern Conference this late in the season. Woooo!

Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 14:01

Of course I have something to say about Prehispanic Hockey :

Mapuche Hockey from pre-Colombian times.

As played today
palin

Perhaps we have that game in the blood. This is the femenine roller hockey team that won the world championship not long ago.

I told Canadian Guy hockey was invented by Mapuches, but he doesn't believe me

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 14:03
Originally posted by Jazz

[QUOTE=SearchAndDestroy] ...
Haha, looks like it....

Been busy with work (I'm self employed), my other site, and now even more importantly my 6 month old daughter! 

Congrats!

There is nothing more important than our kids and family. Best wishes.

-------------

Posted By: Siege Tower
Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 15:19
I told Canadian Guy hockey was invented by Mapuches, but he doesn't believe me

i too find that hard to believe, according to NHL homepage, ice hockey was invented by  northern europeans 500 years ago. you might argue that it was brought back from the new world, but the history of hockey goes way back to the ancient Egypt, according to Wiki, drawings were found in the bani hasan tombs near nile valley.

other variations of hockey was also popular in eastern asia, middle east, and europe before the expedition of new world, such as Polo and
hurling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurling

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 16:06
Games may have things in common, but that doesn't mean they are of the same origins. Hitting a ball with a stick probably goes far back before recorded time.
You can pretty much trace it back to Hurling in Ireland, to Shinty, to Shinny, then to Bandy or possibly Ice Hockey. This goes back further then the 1300 and probably had more iterations of games that are lost to us now. The idea of hitting a stick and ball is nothing new.
What makes these games different is the rules in which they are played, and modern Ice Hockey was developed by our Brothers to the North, the Canadians. They developed the ice sheets rules, the number of players, and whats acceptable in the sports cultures.

So I'd say the sport we are discussing in this thread has it's origins in Europe, but was created in Canada.

Originally posted by jmac950

For the first time in 15 years, my Montreal Canadiens are in first place in the Eastern Conference this late in the season. Woooo!
I can't believe the trade you guys made at the deadline. Getting rid of Huet, and while Price has been to have a great future, hasn't he been very inconsistent this season? I remember hearing something about Price have a problem, I think it was the consistency.

-------------

Posted By: jmac950
Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 18:53
NHL is right for having the history they have. The game of ice hockey as we some what know it (see, on ice and with skates) was played in Europe. Even that is inacurate if you analyze the first games of shinny in Nova Scotia, Canada. That is when some Scotsmen played shinty on ice, with skates on. Shinty became shinny, the first primitive ice hockey game of modern hockey.

Originally posted by jmac950

I can't believe the trade you guys made at the deadline. Getting rid of Huet, and while Price has been to have a great future, hasn't he been very inconsistent this season? I remember hearing something about Price have a problem, I think it was the consistency.

I was stunned too. I like Huet.  But when I think about it, it was a risky, but good trade. Huet was kind of a streaky goalie. When he's on his game, the dude is almost unconcious. But when he's off, he's off. Not ony that, His contract is up at the end of this season. Huet can and will demand huge numbers, and he will get it. Carey Price is just a pup. He's arguably as good as Huet, and he's just beginning his career. Price also was brilliant in the AHL championship last year as he led the Hamilton Bulldogs to the title, as a teenager. So, he has won a professional championship already (and he was 19 when he won it). Huet has won nothing. Then you can get into politics. Price was the fifth overall pick. There's more pressure for Gainey to start him when you use that pic that high. Ultimately, I'm sure Gainey asked himself if Huet can win the cup this year for Montreal. I think we know the answer, and that is why he is gone.

Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 19:10
You think Price will be able to carry the load into the playoffs? He may have done on the lower level, but the NHL is a whole new ball game.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Mar-2008 at 23:54

Games may have things in common, but that doesn't mean they are of the same origins. Hitting a ball with a stick probably goes far back before recorded time. ...

I agree on that. However, it is funny how my Canadians friend, and Canadians in general, react to the mention of that wild hypothesis.

By the way, it could be interesting for hockey fans, that Mapuches gave magic names to the hockey stick, in the same way King Arthur or the Cid named theirs swords.

Finally, in North American ice hockey, I don't know why I have certain prefference for this team

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 17:47
Hasek gave up an unprecedented series of quick back-to-back goals in three or four games against the Predators. Why does Detroit always seem to do this? They make their first round opponents hang on long enough to build confidence and from their anything can happen.

Habs are giving Boston new life too. My two favorite teams are lounging. For tonight's Detroit game Osgood will be in goal. Time to try anything.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 20:04
Osgood has been, well good from what I understand. Analyst argue that he should have been the starter to begin with. I wouldn't know since I don't follow the Western Conference so much.

I can't wait for tonights Rangers v. Debbies. I love seeing Brodiver flop around with every little tap he gets. Tey said they are going to start taking runs at The King, so tonight is going to be pretty interesting.
And, I hope we wipe the floor, or should I say Ice, tonight with them!Evil%20Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 21:01

I hear you there. Jagr and Drury are punishing around the net. Jersey misses having Gomez. I'd like to see the Rangers pummel the Debbies.

-------------

Posted By: deadkenny
Date Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 22:50
Can I ask that a mod close this thread.  Hockey is over.  Once AGAIN the Leafs failed to make the playoffs. Cry

-------------
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 23:27
If the NHL was ran like the Leafs organization, it'd be considered fubar. The Leafs didn't play hockey, they stunk it up, and there's gotta be changes in the front office before they get better from what I understand.
Besides, the Rangers rule all! So we should all just talk about them! Tongue

Drury is Captain Clutch, and he's from my home State! We raise clutch players here.Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 00:01
We've had changes in the front office.  The back office.  The owner even died at one point.  None of it mattered.  The fact is that as long as the fans buy up all the seasons tickets and merchandise regardless of how bad the team is, it will remain bad.  If / when half the tickets are unsold and merchandise sales drop off and revenue from TV contracts dries up, THEN maybe we'll see some meaningful changes.  At least they managed to 'claw' their way out of the basement at the end, so they won't have to shell out the $'s to pay the No. 1 overall draft choice. Disapprove

-------------
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 01:22
Well, I don't see them ever having a merchandise problem. I'm not a fan of Toronto, but I wouldn't mind seeing the dress a good team.
The only other team I like are the Canadiens. I figured I should like a Canadian team too since they pretty much made the sport, so I chose the city where my Great Grandfather came from. They are also very storied and a orginal six, so thats a big plus.
But, when we play'em, I hope we slaughter them!Evil%20Smile

Are you following any other team now that Toronto is at the golf course?

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 03:49
Nail biting is over for a couple days. After giving up a goal in the last minute the wings pulled it off in overtime. Rangers did pummel the bedeviled. Thats worth raising a glass.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 05:17

Hell yeah baby! Rangers beat'em, and beat'em good! I think if there were any candidates for the Devs MVP, it'd have to be one of the Rangers since most their goals bounced off our players!

If Avery was on another team, I'd hate his guts, but as a Ranger, I love him! He was definitly a factor in getting under Brodiver's skin!LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWj3qcddVGU - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWj3qcddVGU  FATSO! lol idk...

-------------

Posted By: Gundamor
Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 16:56
Originally posted by deadkenny

Can I ask that a mod close this thread.  Hockey is over.  Once AGAIN the Leafs failed to make the playoffs. Cry

haha. I live in Toronto were people are buried in maple leaf coffins. 3 straight years of no playoffs, heads must roll.

-------------
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 18:57

... Are you following any other team now that Toronto is at the golf course?

Ouch.  Ouch

Well, actually I usually skip the first round.  The painful memories (of the regular season) are still too fresh, and too many of the series consist of the real 'contenders' crushing the 'pretenders'.  However, I will see who's still in it in the later rounds and take it from there.  Contray to the assumed 'Canadian team' support, I will certainly be cheering against Montreal.  They are the ENEMY, from way back!  Any of the sun belt teams are also definitely off my list. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:00
Originally posted by Gundamor

haha. I live in Toronto were people are buried in maple leaf coffins. 3 straight years of no playoffs, heads must roll.

Yeah, yeah.  I've heard that before.  The heads that need to roll are the fans'.  We all know that ownership heads are never going to roll, and as long as the money is rolling in, nothing is ever going to change.  Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:54
Ouch.  Ouch
I'm a pretty fouled mouth Hockey fan(well, maybe fouled mouth in general), and talking about Hockey gets me blood thirsty. So prepared to be burned and bring a flame a shield!LOL
Contray to the assumed 'Canadian team' support, I will certainly be cheering against Montreal.
i understand that, I'd never ever EVER! Root for the Fish Sticks or Debbies. Can't stand'em! And the fans of the three teams always start talking smack to each other. Rivalries are fun!

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 19:56

Sounds like Lion's football.

Oh what you guys could do if you turned the clock back and had a young Doug Gilmour and Al Iafrate.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:01
Since when did the Lions actually start playing football?Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:04
They didn't. They sell tee shirts and used cars. LOL

So, who is up next for the rangers?

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:13
I think it's still to be decided. It looks like the Pens might be it though. To be honest, I think I feared the Devs the most because of Brodiver and the Devs passion of hate against us. But now that they are out of the way, I think it'll only get easier.
We were pretty dominate against eastern teams, it's the West that always hurt us. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 16:49
I'm a HUGH Calgary Flames fan...I hope they win tonight and for games seven cook the Sharks for dinner. Go Flames Go! 

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 04:04
Ohhh....i can taste cooked Sharks for dinner...game seven here we go! Go Flames Go!

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 13:54
Don't get your hopes to high. One of those teams will have to face the wings eventually.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 21:59
Calgary might....I hope if that we beat the Sharks tomorrow...then we might play them. It would be very thought tho...the Red Wings are always a strong team.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:18
Stanley Cup appetizers don't get any better than this. Wings vs Avalanche coming to a tv near you. Let the heads roll onThursday as these bitter rivals renew their disdain for eachother.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:34
Avalanche have Jose Theodore, who seems to have turned to his orignal form. Hasek isn't starting, who was regarded as one of the best, which can effect the team. You better hope Osgood is going to stand on his head, because I think Theodore may just steal the show from what I've seen of him, he's been pretty amazing.

And it is the Rangers against Pens, they may have Crybaby, Malkin, and Fluery, but they ain't gonna stop the Rangers! LGR!

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 20:38
Theodore Schmeodore! He'll turn to putty. 50 plus shots per game will do that to him. Anyway, it should be a tight one. The avalanche will fall in six.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 21:31
lol, now I hope he out does you guys so I can rub it in your face Seko!Tongue

Honestly though, for the Stanley Cup Finals, I'm hoping to see New York vs Detroit, I think that'd be great for the game of Hockey in the US and help grow it. The two Cities I think lost alot of fanbase from the 90s, a matchup like this would be great for growing the sport.

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 03:17
A close one in Detroit. The wings plastered Colorado till Theodore was pulled in the second period. Then the Avalanche got a second wind to make it a close. Wings on top still, 4-3.

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 05:08
Theodore was reportedly sick too, missed the morning practice because of that. The game was close, I watched the 3rd, but if Theo wasn't on his game, wonder what he'll be like when he's not ill.

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 14:32
This series gets to be personal for the players. Even though many of the players were not around when these two teams were perenial favorites in the western conference during the past 12 years, a few old timers remain and carry the memories. That tradition will send a message to the newbs too that this series will not only be about playing skills (Detroit's advantage or stars from bygone days - Avalanche still have Sakic and Forsberg) but the Colorado-Detroit matchup is about luck, opportunity, grit and constant determination. The team that lets up for a brief moment will pay. Nothing less than renewed animosity and mutual respect is to be expected.

Theordore may have been ill, still he has officially been initiated to Detroit playoff hockey. He has to be on his toes 100% otherwise the pressure will get in his head and he'll be putty.

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:16
I didn't think the rivalry was very strong at all, but I guess this could be the series to renew it like you said. Looked like the teams were aggrevated towards the end yesterday.

Can't wait for tonight though! I'm wondering who Avery will make his next target! Roberts hates him, Ruutu and Laraque will be after him, he might try to throw Crosby off his game and piss off the whole team, or he might just target the goalie again and try to  throw Fleury off! It's going to be pretty exciting to watch! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:39
You don't think the rivalry was very strong? Granted they took six years off from pounding eachother. The stakes are back now. S&D you do realize that the winner of the series in the past went on to win the Stanley Cup! Five in the last 12 years. Everything is magnified between those two. Of course, being that you are a New Yorker and only care about the Rangers you wouldn't understand the pressure. You are happy to see Lord Stanley's cup every 40 odd years or so if you could be so lucky! tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:49
You are happy to see Lord Stanley's cup every 40 odd years or so if you could be so lucky! tongue
LOL you burned me there! I can't stop laughin, good one.

You don't think the rivalry was very strong?
I had thought that the old rivalry had died out because of all the new blood.
But then again, I only follow whats important, and that the Rangers!
Rangers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the other 29 insgnifcant teams that somehow got into the NHL LOL

I really hope our teams make it to the finals so I can laugh when your team sinks!

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:56

A toast to meeting in the finals! Cheers 

And get used to seeing a lot of this: "He Shoots. He Scores!"

Cheeky

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 18:26
lol, you won't be getting past the King! He's on his A game now! Watch the highlight reels after tonight, and prepared to be amazed!

A toast to meeting in the finals! Cheers 
CheersAgreed, just hope your team can make it!tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 18:44
King Henrik will have to wait his turn like all the other victims of the Octopus. Once there I'm sure we can give him a royal welcome!
LOL

Sharks passed the Flames. Now they open against the Stars. Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

Ah yes, those Rangers. Facing a tough challenge with the Crosby Show. Should be a good one. I'm counting on your boys now! Don't let us down.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2008 at 22:29
After forcing Theodore's ouster again in the second, the Wings shut the door to chants of OZZIE OZZIE 5-1.

How are them Rangers S&D? Hard%20Working

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2008 at 22:41
How are them Rangers S&D? Hard%20Working
I don't even want to talk about it... I'm miserable right now....Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 02-May-2008 at 02:18
WOOOOOOOOO! KING HENRIK DELIVERED A SHUTTOUT! And Our Captain, Jaromir Jagr got 2 goals and a assist! I'm feeling good right now!Big%20smile

Lets see how your teams series will go tonight Seko. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02-May-2008 at 04:46
Good to see you back. I hope the Rangers get a few more wins so we could read more of your posts.

Can you say SWEEP? Wings pounded 'em 8-2 in tonights game. It was a clinic out there. It didn't matter who Colorado put in net. Both Avalance goalies got blasted. Now we're waiting for the next victim.

-------------

Posted By: red clay
Date Posted: 02-May-2008 at 22:01
 Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

It just might be the only time you see it this year.  You must have jinxed the Habs, Flyers have a 3-1 lead and can put it away on Sat.Cheers

-------------
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.

Date Posted: 04-May-2008 at 17:05
Originally posted by red clay

Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

It just might be the only time you see it this year.  You must have jinxed the Habs, Flyers have a 3-1 lead and can put it away on Sat.Cheers

Which they did in a come from behind move, finished 6-4.  They move into the East conf. finals against the winner of the Penguins, Rangers match up.  At a 3-1 lead in the series it looks like it will be the Pens.
BTW- Montreal hadn't lost 4 consecutive games all year.

-------------
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.

Date Posted: 05-May-2008 at 15:04

Philly vs Pit. and Dallas vs Det.

Red got to give your team credit. Biron can play with the best of them in these playoffs. The Eastern Conference finals look like an even match.

Search & Destroyed, sorry dude your Rangers played like they had lead in their skates. No match for the speed and pounding the Penguins gave them.

Dallas won 2-1 in the fourth overtime.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2008 at 21:26
Considering last year they had their worst finish ever and were the perverbial doormat for everyone else,  yeah, not too shabby.  Kind of reminds me of the "85" team.

-------------
Unknown.

Date Posted: 08-May-2008 at 21:39
Search & Destroyed, sorry dude your Rangers played like they had lead in their skates. No match for the speed and pounding the Penguins gave them.
We could have a strong game, but we can't score!
We need a power play QB, Straka and Gomez are good, Gomez probably one of the best, but it's just not working. It'll be intersting to see what happens to Perry Pearn, our assistant coach, because of our PP. Though you have to murder someone before you get fired in this organization, and thats a maybe.

Jagr said he was to play with the Rangers again, and wants to remain in the NHL for 2 or 4 years, I can't remember. And I hope he does come back, I pray to the Hockey Gods he does!

Anyways, I hope Philly does some old "Broad Street Bullies" on the Penguins, because I despise them right now!

And Seko, I think I'll be rooting for your team now. Gotta go with Orginal Six!

-------------

Date Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:13
Good choice S&D. Your troops made it to the second round but no further, picking the Wings will not be a let down. Speaking of which, they picked apart Turco last night. He let in four tough goals. As I mentioned before, next victim, is what it must feel like as the opposition's goal tender. Hard%20Working

The Dallas Stars played a physical game. A lot of slashing and hard checks. The Wings can still pound 'em back and they did administer a few choice body checks. Still, the Wings like to play puck possession instead of slash and hack. Both teams will adjust. The Red Wings could improve by making quicker defensive decisions.

Tonight is Philly and Pitsburgh.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:17
There are the WC of Icehockey in Canada at the moment and nobody takes notice, true?

-------------

Date Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:25
Sure the World Hockey Championship is important, but as you can see on this thread it takes a back seat to the only game that matters right now - the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Any other day and we'd be talking about the IIHF and only if the best players were not bothered while trying to drink out of Lord Stanley's cup.

-------------

Date Posted: 09-May-2008 at 16:36
I can't stand Detroit, but they seem to be playing well. Fortunately they have quite a solid history of choking in the playoffs so there still is hope. Ossbad seems to be much more steady then he was in his younger glory years when he consistently had lapses in concentration letting in soft goals.

I'm routing for Pittsburgh all the way. They've always been my 2nd favorite(i'm an Isles fanUnhappy) growing up because of big number 66. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11-May-2008 at 16:00
Germany scored a goal against Canada yesterday, btw. they received 10 from the Canadian team.....

-------------

Date Posted: 13-May-2008 at 15:18
UvH, what's happening in the World's? As you keep us up to date with that I'll mosey on over to the NHL with updates.

It keeps looking impressive for the Penguins and the Red Wings. Both are undefeated in the third round. Last night Detroit started slow, as Dallas put on some heat in front of their home crowd during the opening minutes. Didn't last long though. Once the fissures were opened the writing was on the wall with numerous odd man rushes. Datsyuk got his first hat trick after being fed by Holmstom and Zetterberg. Wings win 5-2 and are up 3-0 in the series.

-------------

Posted By: Styrbiorn
Date Posted: 13-May-2008 at 16:05
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

There are the WC of Icehockey in Canada at the moment and nobody takes notice, true?

Not really. It's hard to take it serious when, for example, 6 of our best players are playing for Detroit in the Stanley Cup instead of joining the World Cup. The Russians do take it more serious though, I think. As long as we beat the Finns I'm happy, though it's unlikely that game will occur this year.

Date Posted: 13-May-2008 at 16:11
The Red Wing series looks pretty much over. I was hoping Don Cherry's prediction on the Osgood incident would work and fire up Dallas but... no.

I don't think Pittsburgh or Philly have enough to handle Detroit this year and it could be a very boring end to the hockey playoffs, for non Red Wing fans, with a potential sweep or 4-1 Red Wing cup win. Hopefully I'm wrongCool

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2008 at 01:13
lol...i stopped wathcing it...both Calgary and the Habs r gone. Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 20-May-2008 at 18:52
After fumbling with the notion this past weekend the Red Wings are back to where they belong. The Stanley Cup Finals. Last nights game was a doozy. Three quick goals in the first period for a 3-0 lead (4-1 game) and eventually completing the series with Dallas four games to two. Now we have the upstart Penguins in our crosshairs. What was that goalie's name? Hmmm, something like Fury...Fiery...or was it Feury. Doesn't really matter anyway. Next!

-------------

Date Posted: 25-May-2008 at 21:28
How bout them Wings? 4-0 in the first game and one up on the Crosby show. Ozzie was the man. Samuelsson was on fire and the Pens were outshot in the last two periods 25-7. Fluery, who's he?

-------------

Date Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:19

Alright, maybe the real Penguins showed up last night. Luck, cheap shots and Crosby. Malkin is still playing with himself though. They capitalized on a Red Wing turnover and hit Ozzie in the back as the puck went into the net on another goal. That is the only chance the Pens will have in this series. Otherwise I see the wings doing more of what they did in the third period. Constant attack mode.

Where are the Refs? Holmstrom ends up in the net, thanks to Gill's tripping, and gets no call. Lindstrom gets a bloody lip from a high stick, no call. Refs! Were you watching the same game I saw?

Notice when Pittsburg gets behind they resort to cheap tactics, illegal hits and a whiny coaching. When the Wings get behind they just keep the pressure on and try to blast the puck into the net to get back into the game. Before I start sounding like Therrien, what a sissy, cudos goes to Babcock for showing the league how a class team can take a defeat.

-------------

Posted By: King Kang of Mu
Date Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:35
I think Wings will be alright.   I expect them to win game 4.   I've watching Wings sporadically since they've been on same time Pistons and Tigers play too.   Plus Wings have been so dominant in this post season.  Pistons-Celtics series is little more intense for me right now.  I think Wings win win the cup in game 5 or game 6.    

-------------
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 17:03
RED WINGS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

After blowing out the Pen's in the first two games of the series the Wings got another in between two losses in tight games, one going into triple overtime. Last night was another hair-raising excitement filled game. Came down to a six on four for Pittsburgh to come within one goal and a late last gasp flury looking to tie. But no such luck as the better team won. Detroit had the speed, back checking and timely saves to take this series 4 games to 2.

-------------

Posted By: King Kang of Mu
Date Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 17:34

Oh, yeah, baby.

The best team won for a change.  Almost anticlimactic because they were so dominant throughout the post season.

For the revival of Hockey sake, I almost wished other teams gave them better competition but it wasn't meant to be, especially the Colorado series, the best rivalry in hockey.  Looking back Colorado looked like it was still 1999 whereas Detroit went through complete generational change and won it with home grown(?) young talents instead of usual free agent superstars.  A sign of another dynasty in making? 

Glad to see Detroit bringing home least one trophy this year.  Detroit Shock next?  If that counts for anything.  

Go Wings Go!

-------------
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html

Date Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 18:03
Originally posted by Seko

RED WINGS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

oh, really did they? Who's that again?

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Jun-2008 at 22:58
Yeah, alot of people say that about the other 29 teams Ulrich, everyone knows the NY Rangers though.LOL

I'm very happy that they beat the Penguins, those bastards elminated us!

I recorded it on DVD, now I can see Crosby wanting to cry and Malkin on the ice depressed, over, and over, and over again!Big%20smile

And I guess Hasek retired, so looks like Osgood is the number one man definitly. I'm guessing thats why HJasek made the decision though.

On news with Jagr, he's been offered enough money that a NHL team can't pay him under the cap and can choose three other players to join him if he goes to Russia. I hope he doesn't take it!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com