Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Deaths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Deaths
    Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 19:12
Leon Trotsky killed by an ice-pick.Thumbs%20Down
Or Vlad the Impaler hacked to pieces.Thumbs%20Down

I was watching a program on Vlad and how he had some peeps impaled. Think big greased wooden pole the thinkness of your wrist and you straddled atop it with no clothes on. Seems you impaled yourself slowly a*s first and killed yourself slidding down the greased shaft of the pole.
                           Ouch!Pinch 

getting a splinter would be the last thing on your mindLOL

Edited by Scorpian - 20-Mar-2007 at 19:17
Scorpian
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2007 at 21:54
The worst and disgusting death of the Sheikh of a Section of Islam , Hurufiah .

Members of this section ; was skinned alive and this superstitious-based order was disbanded from Iran .

Another one , could compete this one ;

The Ottoman ambassadors and diplomats were killed by the order of the Emperor of Austria .
Their qauqs ( kavuk , a long woolen hat ) were nailed to their heads alive and sent back to Istanbul . After that evidence ; the war broke out .

Edited by Mordoth - 21-Mar-2007 at 21:56
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
miki015 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote miki015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 19:23
I think You had a little bit confused...The mutiny of Croatian peasants ended up that way,the peasants King was Matija Gubec,a peasant from vilagge Stubica...all the other details are correct except the canibalysam ...
Sa verom u Boga
za Kralja i Otadzbinu
Miki
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 23:09
Vlad ll, father of Vlad The Impaler, was assassinated by having the edges of his face cut, so that his skin could be pulled off while he was still alive. Vlad's oldest brother was buried alive.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2007 at 17:44
Originally posted by LilLou

American indians would scalp their american counterparts and in some cases, they would skin them and hang them by one foot, general custer after he got defeated at little big horn, they found him with an arrow inserted into his genitalia

I believe that the American Indians picked up scalping from the French - unfortunately I can't remember the circumstances nor do I have any sources on hand.

I think either the Mongols or the Assyrians receive some credit for the most gruesome deaths. The Mongols used to cut of 2-3 square centimeters of skin and then feed it to the victim until they would finally succumb. They also used to make unfortunate fellows swallow rocks until death. (from The Devil's Horsemen)
Choranzanus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Choranzanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:42
Originally posted by athenasvirtue

i believe to starve to death slowly must be a horrible way to die. Elizabeth Bathory was locked in her castle and starved to death. Elizabeth Bathory killed several girls and bathed in their blood believing she would live longer. She was caught when she killed a daughter from a royal family. 

Ersebeth Bathory actually escaped with very little punishment, it was her two servants who were "walled in" in the castle Cachtice.

Also, that thing about her bathing in blood is fishy, it is probably physically impossible, due to blood coagulating.

Also you will not die of hunger but of thirst if you are walled in or thrown to oubliette. Still, it is very cruel death indeed.

Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 08:06
Cicero was decapicated, now for that time this death isn't the worst that you can get, but what happened afterwards is a little bit bizarre.

His hands and head were were displayed in Forum Romanum, were Mark Antony's wife Fulvia took Cicero's head, pulled out his tongue, and jabbed it repeatedly with her hairpin, taking a final revenge against Cicero's power of speech.
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 08:12
Pretty gruesome ey, Giannis? I don't think Antony or Fulvia really liked Cicero that much...Wink

Sir Arthur Aston, an Englishmen who served under Gustaf II Adolf, was riding his horse, showing off to the ladies, and then had an accident and lost and leg. He didn't die though...but after leaving to go to Ireland he was caught up in the terrible storm of "Drogheda". It is said that his brains were beaten out with his own wooden leg...
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 09:53
Originally posted by Knights

Sir Arthur Aston, an Englishmen who served under Gustaf II Adolf, was riding his horse, showing off to the ladies, and then had an accident and lost and leg.

What kind of accident did he have on a horse, which resuled to a lost leg? Axe juggling, while riding a horse?
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2007 at 11:04
Originally posted by Penelope

Vlad ll, father of Vlad The Impaler,was assassinated by havingthe edges of his face cut, so that his skin could be pulled off while he was still alive. Vlad's oldest brother was buried alive.

Wow, No wonder Vlad became what he became. A vampire. I will probably turn in to a vampire if someone did that to my family too. But then there is the example of Jesus who forgave the people who crucified him. I wonder if I am capable of making the latter choice.

Edited by omshanti - 10-Aug-2007 at 01:35
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 04:12

You guys are not very good at Church history and I thought I was bad! St. Andrew (the fisherman that cast the net on the other side).was crucified for the crime of converting the wife of the ruler of the city of Patras to Christianity. Although eighty years old, he was nailed upside down to an X-shaped cross and after three days he died. The alleged crucifixion of Peter, although probable, never has been proven beyond doubt, the same as Paul being beheaded outside the gates of Rome.  

elenos
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 23:30
Pierre Basile, the young boy who assassinated Richard I, was Flayed alive.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 00:51

Vlad ll, father of Vlad The Impaler, was assassinated by having the edges of his face cut, so that his skin could be pulled off while he was still alive. Vlad's oldest brother was buried alive.

Who did this to him? The Ottomans? The Poles? The Austrians? God, its barbaric.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 00:54
Genghis Khan poured molten hot silver in the mouths of the landlords of Persia after he successfully conquered the Khwarezm. The silver would solidify in the throats of the victims, not to mentions their eyes and ears.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 02:55
Originally posted by kurt

Well, this barbarity is definitely reflected in the torture and execution methods of Vlad the Impaler himself. I guess he puts a whole new meaning to scarred by childhood...
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 03:07

He was assassinated by John Hunyadi, General of the armies of the King of Hungary. Simple becuase he felt that Vlad ll didnt fulfill his oath as a member of the Order of The Dragon, and as a Vassal of the powerful Kingdom of Hungary.

Edited by Penelope - 11-Aug-2007 at 03:09
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 04:58

I was thinking of Hypatia of Alexandria, a pagan philosopher. After being declared a heretic for teaching mathematics, a Christian mob, led by monks set upon Hypatia in her chariot. They dragged her to a nearby church, tore off her clothing, and skinned her alive with oyster shells. They carried her body from the church and burned the remains.

elenos
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2007 at 22:57

He was assassinated by John Hunyadi, General of the armies of the King of Hungary. Simple becuase he felt that Vlad ll didnt fulfill his oath as a member of the Order of The Dragon, and as a Vassal of the powerful Kingdom of Hungary.

John Hunyadi, the man who defeated Mehmed the Conqueror at Belgrade?
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 18:11
Didn't pirates sometimes get tied to a rope that went along the underside of a ship..and dragged across the ship. Along with the obvious thing, nearly drowning, barnacles on the bottom of the ship cut into the victims body, and as they gasped for air, took in more water. Quite horrible.

Edited by aslanlar - 13-Aug-2007 at 18:13
"The league is alright when sparrows dispute but it can do little when eagles argue" -Mussolini
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 01:40
Kurt, yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>