Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Practice Game Diplomacy 1600--DipAE02

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Practice Game Diplomacy 1600--DipAE02
    Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 10:43
Two annoucements. First I have two orders missing. I will try to contact those two people who failed to send their orders, and I will extend the deadline to tomorrow, but I will post the results as soon as I get the orders from them.

Second, Emperor Barbarossa leaves the game, we need another player. In the mean time, we will keep voting the moves of Ottoman Empire.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 14:53

Originally posted by morticia

what is and how do you "blitz"?

a1) linebackers and defensive backs charge through the offensive line

a2) when you think you can sack the quarterback

b1) heavy armoured divisions rush forward with tactical air support without waiting for the infantry

b2) when you have sufficient armour and air superiority.

What either of those have to do with Diplomacy I have no idea

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 14:58
Well, it is most probably a off-opic question or soem formationo of quick attack... most probably created when your armies easily overrun helf of the enemy in a year or destroy enemy armies quickly...????
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 14:47
Results for Spring:

Moves:

Denmark:
A Jutland, no move received
A Zealand, no move received
A Scania, no move received
F Vestlandet, no move received

England:
F Ireland - North Atlantic Ocean
A Wales - Cornwall
F London - English Channel

France:
A Paris - Champagne
F Gascony - Navarre
A Burgundy - France Comte
A Provence - Savoy

HabsburgEmpire:
A Bohemia - Bavaria
A Austria - Venice (*Fails*)
A Croatia - Western Hungary

OttomanEmpire:
A Egypt - Syria
A Anatolia - Armenia
F Constantinople - Greece
A Greece - Illyria

Poland:
A White Russia - Livonia
A Warsaw - Volhynia
A Cracow - Transylvania

Russia:
A Voronezj - Tula (*Bounce*)
A Moscow - Tula (*Bounce*)
A Novgorod - Ingria (*Fails*)

Spain:
A Flanders - Lorraine
A Naples - Rome
A Castille Hold
F Granada - Portugal

Sweden:
A Finland - Ingria
A Estonia Supports A Finland - Ingria
F Stockholm - Baltic Sea
A Bergsl*gen - Stockholm

Movement in 1600

Map of the Beginning of Fall, 1600

Deadline for orders of Fall 1600:
Thursday, 27, 2005 at 9:00 -5 GMT.

Edited by hugoestr
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 15:18

It seems to me that holding now in Spain is quite useless. Much wiser would have been fleet to western mediterranean and Castile-portugal so you would have gotten one chance to get North Africa and you would have gotten four new centers.'

'I am wonderfully surprised as Poland can get up to three centers whilst i thought only two were availiable.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 21:13
The Tzar demands the inmediate retreat of the Swedish forces in Ingria. We have to build there our Winter Palace, else three centuries from now, the peasants won't be able to take it, found the Soviet Union, etc. We appeal to Our cousin of Stockholm to consider the unpredictable consequences that this unprovoked agression will have in the space-time continuum. What will happen if the Soviet Union is founded in Swedish lands. Maybe the USA will be in Norway (hence changing its name to USN) and the Cold War will be even colder and Ho Chi Min will be born in Lappland and all may end with Santa Claus having to emigrate to Jamaica and herding igoanas instead of rheins.

Do you imagine a Rastafarian Santa?!

We need Ingria to build Our Winter Palace and restore coherence to future history. We hope that Our Swedish cousin understands the seriousness and trascendence of this issue and retreats promtly from Our province of Ingria.

In exchange we will gift Alaska to Sweden as soon as we have reached it, in the hope that the distortion of the future will be smaller in this case, due to the lack of any Winter Palace in that faraway territory. Though it may affect a sitcom or two.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 22:20
Good news!

Thegeneral is taking over Ottoman Empire for the practice game, and Poland in the real game.

Thanks!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 22:23
More news:

I got a message from morticia saying that he will not be able to make this turn, due to some circumstances that make it very difficult to get online.

I am hoping that he will be able to join us back soon.

In the mean time, please submit orders for Sweden for the next turn.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 02:06

Well, you might think them yourselves but not order the fleet into prussia.

Maju, i am practically sure that the winter palace can be built by Swedish instead for in this era they were better architects...

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 06:50

Polish intelligence reports that heads are rolling among the Russian general staff after the confusion that resulted in the failure of Russian armies to advance on Poland. Morale in the armies is reported to be at a low level as a result.

Meanwhile the Polish High Command reassures the people of the eastern regions that they are confident of their ability to considerably reinforce  local garrisons in the near future.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:23
Originally posted by hugoestr

More news:

I got a message from morticia saying that he will not be able to make this turn, due to some circumstances that make it very difficult to get online.

Morticia is she (I'm pretty sure).

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:29
Originally posted by gcle2003

Polish intelligence reports that heads are rolling among the Russian general staff after the confusion that resulted in the failure of Russian armies to advance on Poland. Morale in the armies is reported to be at a low level as a result.

Meanwhile the Polish High Command reassures the people of the eastern regions that they are confident of their ability to considerably reinforce  local garrisons in the near future.

Ehm... Tula is Russian territory, do not start making any unfounded claims in our land now, please. We were making a defensive maneouvre and some military exercesises to stretch our muscles. You know that of Red and Blue and let's see who takes the hill using only fake ammo. Both armies were so efficient that it eneded up in a tie with red blue and Russian flag waving proudly side by side on top of the hill.

For the fall, we have planned some more realistic exercises in the south, where Tatars are becoming a public order problem that must be solved.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 10:57
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by hugoestr

More news:

I got a message from morticia saying that he will not be able to
make this turn, due to some circumstances that make it very difficult
to get online.

Morticia is <span style="font-weight: bold;">she </span>(I'm pretty sure).

If this is the case, I am sorry . I am just using the defeault pronoun, which still happens to be "he." Sexist? Yes, but there is nothing better available that is not cumbersome

Still, I think that that is something that Morticia will have to settle.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 11:40
You may always use 'it' but then someone might smite you to dust... or laugh as hell.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 16:58
Hey...I heard all of that!!!

Hugo...you can change the default pronoun to "SHE" because I am, in fact, a female species! Thank you , Maju, for recalling that!   

Okay, I'm back in the game. I no longer have any problems login in. However, I'm not used to building armies, just Barbie's poolhouse (and that was a mission!), hence, all my (probably what you all consider mundane) questions....

So, now, let's get back to the game:

Rider...why should Sweden not convoy to Prussia. That was going to be my next move...convoy my stockholm army with my fleet in Baltic Sea into Prussia...isn't that a good convoy move?

Maju...I now see that your move nto ingria failed because I supported my finland army into Ingria.(am I clear so far?) Now, that means my army is in Ingria. Correct? And now you want me to leave it because..........(fill in the blank please) I don't think I want to give you a winter palace there!!! So what the next strategy move? Do I detect a hint of a possible alliance?!!

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 17:03
I am so glad that you can participate again, Morticia!
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 06:09
I am glad as well
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 07:39

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

I am glad as well

My feelings are mixed

Not really though

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 08:53
I know whatch you mean
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 09:24
I don't know the Swedish provinces, I thoguht that there was a border just below Stockholm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>