Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For coffee drinkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: what is your favorite coffee
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [33.33%]
5 [23.81%]
1 [4.76%]
2 [9.52%]
6 [28.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For coffee drinkers
    Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 06:49
Irish black.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 08:12
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Amazing, a thread about coffee turns into one about alcohol before the first page is even done LOL

Well it is a tavern afterall.

Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Sambuca tastes good in coffee. Best of both worlds right there!

Hmm that sounds interesting, might have to try it this weekend as I just so happened to buy a 500ml bottle of white sambucaBig smile. Is this drink of yours better with black or white?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 11:14
 i drink black coffee no sugar when i have to stay awake most of the night, that would be normally twice a month during work, and when at home i drink Arabic coffee in family gathering and Mocha or Cupachino when meeting with friends at in Malls.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 15:52
Hmm that sounds interesting, might have to try it this weekend as I just so happened to buy a 500ml bottle of white sambucaBig smile. Is this drink of yours better with black or white?
As far as I'm concerned, it's good both ways! But I maybe just an alcoholic...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:36
I never touched coffee in my life
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:38
Originally posted by Constantine XI

. So down a few on my behalf, gents.
i think today i had a few more than normal. faince made me a (western cup size) Greek coffee, went to work had a long black (espresso with more water), then another machiato while meeting with a third party
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 17:45
Originally posted by es_bih

Folgers coffee is pretty good, too.

I bought some folgers breakfast blend and it is fairly good. I miss the coffee shops of the Pacific Northwest, very common there. This fade has not caught up in the southwest but it could be because of the cold winters up north. When I was in Istanbul I drank a lot of Turkish coffee and hot tea. I could not understand drinking hot tea in the summer anymore than the English could understand me drinking cold tea in the winter, common here. I was told drinking hot tea makes one sweat more which in turn cools you down. I love those dainty Turkish tea cups but I cannot find them in the USA. I remember joking with my former students by saying these dainty little tea cups are shaped like a women's figure- they laughed. I am afraid, today, in the USA I would get in trouble, by the PC police, for saying this. LOL I would never say this to my student here!!

I have found a loal Southern Arizona coffee blend made in Sierra Vista I like so I will pick it up this week. For me it is sort of like drinking micro brew beer, I am supporting a local small buisness vs. a huge corporation.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 17:48
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I never touched coffee in my life

Stay away because once you start it is hard to quit!! I did not start this bad habit till I was in my late twenties. It is a drug!!
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 02:39
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

As far as I'm concerned, it's good both ways! But I maybe just an alcoholic...

Ah good I am a drunk so I guess it should be good (I prefer drunk over alcoholic cause alcoholics get helpWink)
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2009 at 09:41
Turkish Coffee, with a little sugar! Lots of my fellow countrymen seem to hate it though...

Edited by Aster Thrax Eupator - 01-Feb-2009 at 09:41
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 18:21
I like my drip with Vanilla soy milk by silk brand and honey vs sugar. If I cannot get honey then I like raw sugar in it. I am out of folgars specialty coffee so I am stuck with instant coffee till I go buy some more. When I was in Istanbul I drank mostly instant coffee. Turkish/Greek coffee does not exist here, except at the Greek festival in Tucson once a year-
Expresso coffee shops are not common here either like in the Pacific Northwest. Coffee shops were a good way to meet people in Spokane.
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 01:20
I'll drink "almost" any type of coffee that is put in front of me once. However, i have a tendency to prefer the simpler things. Just plain automatic drip Folgers or Maxwell House coffee brands has been my preference over the past five years, originally or classically roasted, but strongly brewed and with some sugar  & chocolate milk added to it. Simple but tasty.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 02:04
Brandy in coffee is good with sugar, baileys in coffee is a nice sweet taste but quite sickening, and whiskey in coffee is naturally good!

My favourite coffee to order would have to be a medium cappuccino with an extra shot of expresso, or if I just want the kick, plain black or an americano.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 07:36
Usually with milk or as espresso. I'd never ruin the coffee by putting Bourbon in it though Dead 
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:35
I bought some brazilian coffee to drink cause all my mum buys is this crap cheap powder stuff and I this brazilian isn't too bad
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:40
Whatever comes out of the coffee machine at work.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 18:30
I remember my friend in Greece made me a concaction called a frappe that he claimed the Greeks invented. I will have to email him and ask how he made it but it was gooooood. It was a combo of ice and instant coffee but it has been 2.5 years since I was last in Greece. I do not like coffee out of any machine, yuck!! I prefer hot chocolate in that case.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2009 at 19:57
Maple syrup in coffee is good - the real stuff and not Mrs Butterworth. yuck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12