Print Page | Close Window

For coffee drinkers

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: All Empires Community
Forum Name: AE Tavern
Forum Discription: Come here to introduce yourself and discuss almost anything under the sun! Or just to let your hair down...
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26468
Printed Date: 06-Jun-2024 at 19:04
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: For coffee drinkers
Posted By: eaglecap
Subject: For coffee drinkers
Date Posted: 29-Jan-2009 at 21:23
Here we are sitting around the A&E tavern drinking beer, wine, tea or coffee

Question- what is your favorite type of coffee?

I prefer specialty blends and I love going to a expresso place but now that I live in Hicksville forget that!!

I still buy specialty coffee blends from Thomas Hamer from the internet.

-------------
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 29-Jan-2009 at 23:40
1. Turkish/Bosnian Coffee
2. Various other blends/Espresso.

Am open to a lot of coffees, Love Coffee! lol.

-------------

Posted By: Leonidas
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:28
Greek coffee, lighter roast for a bigger hit

Black coffe dark roast, normally columbian

-------------

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:49
I LOVE coffee, and caffeine in general. It produces a semi euphoric sensation in me, on top of keeping me stimulated, talkative and awake.

Sadly, after over a year of intestinal illness I am no longer able to take in caffeine, as it too severely aggravates the bowel. So down a few on my behalf, gents.

-------------

Posted By: Suren
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:49
Mocha

-------------
Anfører

Posted By: Donasin
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:07
Yay Mochas!

I like mine frozen cause I have no qualms about trading manhood for deliciousness

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:09
tea.. earl grey... it's nice.. everyone shud try it..

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:18
Originally posted by Constantine XI

I LOVE coffee, and caffeine in general. It produces a semi euphoric sensation in me, on top of keeping me stimulated, talkative and awake.

Sadly, after over a year of intestinal illness I am no longer able to take in caffeine, as it too severely aggravates the bowel. So down a few on my behalf, gents.

CryOuch

That sounds horrid. I shall have a few cups on your behalf.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:28
Originally posted by es_bih

CryOuch

Down some booze for me too buddy! Big smile I can't have that either - life is so..... sober

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:34

CryOuch

Down some booze for me too buddy! Big smile I can't have that either - life is so..... sober

I cut down on that substantially, too, but I shall one or two. Which do you prefer? Star

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:47
I have an unusual sweet tooth, so cider, botrytis and vodka mixers are always favourites. But if you need something sterner, wash down some steak with a good full red or mix a bourbon and coke.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:53
Sounds great Smile

-------------

Posted By: SearchAndDestroy
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:08
I voted folgers. I love coffee, don't get me wrong, I'm just alittle more simple.

I'd hate life if I couldn't drink anymore...

And with all due respect Constatine, es_bih, don't you dare mix that Bourbon with coke! Use the lesser Whiskeys for that, Bourbon is great on the rocks. And with that, I think I'll go have some!Tongue

-------------
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:09
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I voted folgers. I love coffee, don't get me wrong, I'm just alittle more simple.

I'd hate life if I couldn't drink anymore...

And with all due respect Constatine, es_bih, don't you dare mix that Bourbon with coke! Use the lesser Whiskeys for that, Bourbon is great on the rocks. And with that, I think I'll go have some!Tongue

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:09
Folgers coffee is pretty good, too.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:16
Amazing, a thread about coffee turns into one about alcohol before the first page is even done LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:18
Truly is lol

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:32

Sambuca tastes good in coffee. Best of both worlds right there!

-------------
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:55
Espresso.. it's bitter.. how to enjoy it the best way? add some milk? drink more water?

-------------

Posted By: edgewaters
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 06:22

Colombian beans, freshly ground, and hand dripped. That last is probably the most important - there is no form of coffee, in my experience, more disgusting than one that's gone through a percolating machine. I'd rather have instant any day. 

There are some other ways of making coffee that are equally as good as hand-drip though ... some of the stove-top devices like Moka pots etc, they are alright too. I just won't drink anything from those electric coffee machines with the rubbery plastic piping inside.

Posted By: Cezar
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 06:49
Irish black.

Posted By: Balaam
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 08:12

Amazing, a thread about coffee turns into one about alcohol before the first page is even done LOL

Well it is a tavern afterall.

Sambuca tastes good in coffee. Best of both worlds right there!

Hmm that sounds interesting, might have to try it this weekend as I just so happened to buy a 500ml bottle of white sambucaBig smile. Is this drink of yours better with black or white?

-------------

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 11:14
 i drink black coffee no sugar when i have to stay awake most of the night, that would be normally twice a month during work, and when at home i drink Arabic coffee in family gathering and Mocha or Cupachino when meeting with friends at in Malls.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 15:52
Hmm that sounds interesting, might have to try it this weekend as I just so happened to buy a 500ml bottle of white sambucaBig smile. Is this drink of yours better with black or white?
As far as I'm concerned, it's good both ways! But I maybe just an alcoholic...

-------------

Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:36
I never touched coffee in my life

Posted By: Leonidas
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:38

. So down a few on my behalf, gents.
i think today i had a few more than normal. faince made me a (western cup size) Greek coffee, went to work had a long black (espresso with more water), then another machiato while meeting with a third party

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 17:45

Folgers coffee is pretty good, too.

I bought some folgers breakfast blend and it is fairly good. I miss the coffee shops of the Pacific Northwest, very common there. This fade has not caught up in the southwest but it could be because of the cold winters up north. When I was in Istanbul I drank a lot of Turkish coffee and hot tea. I could not understand drinking hot tea in the summer anymore than the English could understand me drinking cold tea in the winter, common here. I was told drinking hot tea makes one sweat more which in turn cools you down. I love those dainty Turkish tea cups but I cannot find them in the USA. I remember joking with my former students by saying these dainty little tea cups are shaped like a women's figure- they laughed. I am afraid, today, in the USA I would get in trouble, by the PC police, for saying this. LOL I would never say this to my student here!!

I have found a loal Southern Arizona coffee blend made in Sierra Vista I like so I will pick it up this week. For me it is sort of like drinking micro brew beer, I am supporting a local small buisness vs. a huge corporation.

-------------
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 17:48
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I never touched coffee in my life

Stay away because once you start it is hard to quit!! I did not start this bad habit till I was in my late twenties. It is a drug!!

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 02:39

As far as I'm concerned, it's good both ways! But I maybe just an alcoholic...

Ah good I am a drunk so I guess it should be good (I prefer drunk over alcoholic cause alcoholics get helpWink)

-------------

Posted By: Aster Thrax Eupator
Date Posted: 01-Feb-2009 at 09:41
Turkish Coffee, with a little sugar! Lots of my fellow countrymen seem to hate it though...

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 18:21
I like my drip with Vanilla soy milk by silk brand and honey vs sugar. If I cannot get honey then I like raw sugar in it. I am out of folgars specialty coffee so I am stuck with instant coffee till I go buy some more. When I was in Istanbul I drank mostly instant coffee. Turkish/Greek coffee does not exist here, except at the Greek festival in Tucson once a year-
Expresso coffee shops are not common here either like in the Pacific Northwest. Coffee shops were a good way to meet people in Spokane.

-------------

Posted By: Panther
Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 01:20
I'll drink "almost" any type of coffee that is put in front of me once. However, i have a tendency to prefer the simpler things. Just plain automatic drip Folgers or Maxwell House coffee brands has been my preference over the past five years, originally or classically roasted, but strongly brewed and with some sugar  & chocolate milk added to it. Simple but tasty.

-------------

Posted By: Dolphin
Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 02:04
Brandy in coffee is good with sugar, baileys in coffee is a nice sweet taste but quite sickening, and whiskey in coffee is naturally good!

My favourite coffee to order would have to be a medium cappuccino with an extra shot of expresso, or if I just want the kick, plain black or an americano.

-------------

Posted By: Styrbiorn
Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 07:36
Usually with milk or as espresso. I'd never ruin the coffee by putting Bourbon in it though Dead 

Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:35
I bought some brazilian coffee to drink cause all my mum buys is this crap cheap powder stuff and I this brazilian isn't too bad

-------------

Posted By: Reginmund
Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:40
Whatever comes out of the coffee machine at work.

Date Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 18:30
I remember my friend in Greece made me a concaction called a frappe that he claimed the Greeks invented. I will have to email him and ask how he made it but it was gooooood. It was a combo of ice and instant coffee but it has been 2.5 years since I was last in Greece. I do not like coffee out of any machine, yuck!! I prefer hot chocolate in that case.

-------------

Date Posted: 05-Feb-2009 at 19:57
Maple syrup in coffee is good - the real stuff and not Mrs Butterworth. yuck!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com