Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ROME TOTAL WAR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hehe View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hehe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROME TOTAL WAR
    Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 17:35
I don't really like Rome Total Realism MOD. It may be more realistic, but the units/soldiers just look to "Plain" for me to enjoy the game. I prefer flashier units. Also check out this mod that recreates Feudal japan with the RTW engine.

Also this one which creates an Indian (Mauryan) faction:
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 17:31
I just started playing this (with Armenia of course). The map is totally wrong, Armenia is depicted to be Eastern Anatolia (which is correct) and Colchis (present Georgia) instead of Shirvan (Present Azerbaijan)...Armenia never took control of Colchis...
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2006 at 08:33
I just bought this game last week and it is very addicting. I learned that I am not too good of a tactician and that I don't really have that much "me time" anymore, if at all. Smile

But it's a very good game and I'm glad I finally picked it up.
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 21:50
I recomend trying it with one of the many good mods. I cant seem to stop coming back to this game. Only thing thats going to stop me is when MTW 2 comes out
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 13:38
Yes mtw2 is going to be an aswome game and way more relistic.
"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 04:18
I am going to re-install RTW, with the BI expansion pack.

What mods do you recommend to make the game more realistic.

Also, do any of the mods affect the expansion or just the main campaign?  I am more insterested in modding the expansion.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jazz - 05-Sep-2006 at 04:43
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 23:38
Am i the only one who cant stop playing that game? just curious.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 00:00
Originally posted by Penelope

Am i the only one who cant stop playing that game? just curious.

Yeah I seem to keep playing it. I use the Terrae Expugnandae mod and it seems to be good for me and more importantly my computer. The SPQR and Total Realism ones were a bit more taxing on my not so high speed computer so this one is great for me.

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 01:40
So what factions have you all conquered with so far?
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 12:18
the only game u can play as "scythians"
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:59
Playing Rome Total War has really helped me learn about military tactics.   I have read books on all this and I tried it out and it is so helpful.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 19:46
Originally posted by IWU09

Playing Rome Total War has really helped me learn about military tactics.   I have read books on all this and I tried it out and it is so helpful.

If you have not read this book already, I would recommend The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 02:29

Sun Tzu is also quoted in the game.

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 02:47
Are'nt their any peace games ?
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 02:46
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Are'nt their any peace games ?

Peace is for the weak. And by the way..I'm a girl.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 12:50

I've never really conquered the whole world. Once I get to a certain point where I'm unstoppable I restart. Usually around 70-80 percent of the map taken. With the TE mod i've acomplished this on VH/H with Ptolemies,Rome,Macedon,Greek States,Germania, and Scythian. I'm currently on a Iberian campaign and is a somewhat easy time so far as I've taken all of present day Spain and I just sacked Carthago. I might start a Numidian campaign though if Rome cant challenge me in the field with this campaign.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 02:26
Originally posted by Gundamor

I've never really conquered the whole world. Once I get to a certain point where I'm unstoppable I restart. Usually around 70-80 percent of the map taken. With the TE mod i've acomplished this on VH/H with Ptolemies,Rome,Macedon,Greek States,Germania, and Scythian. I'm currently on a Iberian campaign and is a somewhat easy time so far as I've taken all of present day Spain and I just sacked Carthago. I might start a Numidian campaign though if Rome cant challenge me in the field with this campaign.

Yes, i also usually restart after about 70 percent because there doesnt seem to be much of a challenge at that point, but eventually i will attempt to take the entire map just to say that i did lol.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 00:23
Well my Iberian campaign has turned nasty as Rome decided to betray our alliance(go figure damn romans)in turn I'm currently sacking and destroying her cities. Not trying to hold just exterminate and destoying all her buildings. Roma and the city closest to the south are currently in flames. I hate backstabers lol.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 14:23
Originally posted by Gundamor

Not trying to hold just exterminate and destoying all her buildings. 

Can you actually selectivelly destroy buildings in RTW? Either in your own or in enemy cities?
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 14:49
It took me a year to get rid of playing it  was like a drug but i conquered all the cities . 

Edited by Antioxos - 23-Sep-2006 at 14:49
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>