Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCultural Genocide in Azerbaijan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Luv_ya_Azerbaijan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cultural Genocide in Azerbaijan
    Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:21
Originally posted by prsn41ife

Originally posted by Luv_ya_Azerbaijan

occupying 20% of Azerbaijan is very disgusting too and denying it even worse!

iran isnt occuping anything 

proove that we are occuping azerbaijan.

and what does that have to do with cultural genocide?

not Iran you silly, Armenia, I'm talking about Nagorno karabakh + those other occupied zones

Turk milletlerinin birlik yoluna!!!!
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:33
whats meaning of `karabagh`its armenian name?
http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:33

not Iran you silly, Armenia, I'm talking about Nagorno karabakh + those other occupied zones

Karabakh was an autonomous republic under Soviet rule, and after Soviet collapse, they voted to be part of Armenia. Azerbaijan illegally occupied the province with its military, and Armenians kicked them out. The only reason Armenians are holding part of Azerbaijan as a buffer zone is because if they don't, they will be landlocked within Azeri borders, and they will not be able to trade with anyone.

So you're telling me that Azerbaijan was right by illegally occupying Karabakh? I would like to hear your opinion on this.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:38
Originally posted by merced12

whats meaning of `karabagh`its armenian name?

Karabakh is the Turkish name for the province. Armenians have called the province "Artsakh" since ancient times (before Christ until today). I'm not sure what Artsakh means, I think it is just a name (since it is an ancient term, it is in the old Armenian language which isn't spoken anymore). Karabakh means "black garden", and it got that nickname after the 11th century Turkic invasions when the nomadic armies turned Karabakh into a "black garden", meaning that they destroyed much of the province.

Nagorno is Russian for "mountainous". So Nagorno-Karabakh means "mountainous black garden".

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:41
i think karabag means =land of vineyard or similar thing
16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:42
 that was quite funny Armeniansurvival, no country in this world is recognizing your version of  Karabakh. It is well known that Nagorno-Karabakh  is recognized internationally as part of the Azerbaijan Republic, although since 1988 NK has been illegally occupied by Armenian military forces who are now seeking ways to legitimize their actions, but the world isn't buying that bull, thank God.

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:45

kara=black  bag(bakh=the way you pronounce it in Russian)=garden, and Nagorno(russian)=mountanious

Mountanious blackgarden

and Artsakh is the Caucasian Albanian(our ancestors) name for Karabakh,

Edited by Luv_ya_Azerbaijan
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:48
If you look at an ethnic map of Iran, you will see there are 700,000 Kermanji Kurds in Khorassan/Gorgan, a strange place for Kurds to be, right?   That is because Shah Abbas moved them there from Karabakh region after they refused to convert to Shiism and sided with Ottomans, they were replaced by Afshar Turkomen from eastern Iran.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:50
dont you mean Karabakh Armenian military forces? you and some people here cant get over the fact that it was Nagorno-Karabakh, yes the same 150 thousand people republic that defeated you, not Armenia.
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:53

Originally posted by Zagros

If you look at an ethnic map of Iran, you will see there are 700,000 Kermanji Kurds in Khorassan/Gorgan, a strange place for Kurds to be, right?   That is because Shah Abbas moved them there from Karabakh region after they refused to convert to Shiism and sided with Ottomans, they were replaced by Afshar Turkomen from eastern Iran.

its very interesthing.

afshar=qaskay same thing??

16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:54

that was quite funny Armeniansurvival, no country in this world is recognizing your version of  Karabakh. It is well known that Nagorno-Karabakh  is recognized internationally as part of the Azerbaijan Republic, although since 1988 NK has been illegally occupied by Armenian military forces who are now seeking ways to legitimize their actions, but the world isn't buying that bull, thank God.

Northern Cyprus isn't recognized internationally, either, and thats not stopping Turkey, is it?

I already said, Karabakh was an autonomous enclave within the Soviet Union, and it was LEGAL for them to vote to break away from Azerbaijan, and they did. It is Azerbaijan which broke international law by sending in its military to occupy the region AFTER the province decided it wanted to annex itself to Armenia. If you disagree, you can explain your version of events, instead of putting down my argument with no facts of your own.

The etymology of the term is more complicated than I thought. Here's what Wikipedia says:

In Armenian it is called Լեռնային Ղարաբաղ, (translit. Lernayin Gharabagh). In Azerbaijani, Dağlıq Qarabağ or Yuxarı Qarabağ, literally "mountainous black garden" or "upper black garden". In Russian: Нагорный Карабах, translit. Nagornyy Karabakh). It is often referred to by Armenians as Artsakh (Armenian: Արցախ). In Persian: قره باغ . The word "Karabakh" originated from Turkic "kara" (meaning "black") and Persian "bagh (باغ" (meaning "garden"), literally meaning "black garden." [3] The name first appears in Georgian and Persian sources in 13 - 14th centuries [4]. The related term Karabagh [krəba:] is described by the Oxford English Dictionary as being used to denote a kind of patterned rug originally produced in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh

So the term "Karabagh" is half Turkish and half Persian in origin, according to this article.

and Artsakh is the Caucasian Albanian(our ancestors) name for Karabakh

It would be really interesting if you actually had proof of that they were your ancestors...not to mention the fact that it would go against any sober history of the region.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:55

to mamnikon:

rightttt, so you're saying Armenia didn't fought with Azerbaijan??+ don't forget 1 billion USD millitairy budget from your beloved Russia, ahaa...

and besides that still doesn't change the fact of Armenia occupying 20% of Azerbaijan. face it, it can't be that hard

Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 18:59

rightttt, so you're saying Armenia didn't fought with Azerbaijan??

The Republic of Armenia was not involved in the conflict. Armenians in Karabakh fought Azerbaijan in order to stop their illegal occupation of the province.

and besides that still doesn't change the fact of Armenia occupying 20% of Azerbaijan. face it, it can't be that hard

The total of occupied land, including Karabagh (which legally was never part of an independent Azerbaijan), is only about 15%. And I already said, Armenians holding the buffer zone so they won't be land-locked within their enemies' borders.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:00
well, not until the fall of Lachin was Armenia reunited with Karabakh by land, after this, they could have helped  the Karabakh Armenians.

Armenia is not occupying anything, that land is ours and has always been, find some other place to burn...

Edited by mamikon
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:07

Northern Cyprus isn't recognized internationally, either, and thats not stopping Turkey, is it?

I already said, Karabakh was an autonomous enclave within the Soviet Union, and it was LEGAL for them to vote to break away from Azerbaijan, and they did. It is Azerbaijan which broke international law by sending in its military to occupy the region AFTER the province decided it wanted to annex itself to Armenia. If you disagree, you can explain your version of events, instead of putting down my argument with no facts of your own.

yes of course I can prove: read this from UNITED NATIONS

16. As a result of more than seven years of ongoing war, approximately 20 per cent of the entire territory of Azerbaijan, comprising Nagorny Karabakh and an area four times bigger than that region, has been occupied and held by the Armenian armed forces

20. Since the start of the aggression, more than 900 settlements have been looted and destroyed. Armenian aggression against Azerbaijan and the destruction of settlements goes hand in hand with barbaric looting and removal of property and material assets from occupied Azerbaijani areas to Armenia. The goods and material assets that are taken away are sold on to third countries and the proceeds are used to continue funding the war

here you go: http://www.unhchr.ch/tbs/doc.nsf/0/6deac92f7a29f4ed802565020 05f498e?OpenDocument

Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:12

Originally posted by mamikon

well, not until the fall of Lachin was Armenia reunited with Karabakh by land, after this, they could have helped  the Karabakh Armenians.

Armenia is not occupying anything, that land is ours and has always been, find some other place to burn...

well, any proof perhaps??

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:12
hahaha, lol,

thats not "what the UN has said about it" its "Initial Reports of State Parties: Azerbaijan, 16/09/1996"

I. INTRODUCTION

1. The present report is the first report of the Government of Azerbaijan, presented in accordance with article 18, paragraph 1 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women of 18 December 1979, to which Azerbaijan acceded on 10 July 1995. It deals with the legislative, judicial, administrative and other action undertaken by the Republic of Azerbaijan in order to comply with the provisions of the Convention.

nice try though, very nice
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:14

well, any proof perhaps??

proof of what? I already said that Armenia could have helped Karabakh since they were connected after Azeries were evicted from Lachin
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:24

hahaha, lol,

thats not "what the UN has said about it" its "Initial Reports of State Parties: Azerbaijan, 16/09/1996"

I. INTRODUCTION

1. The present report is the first report of the Government of Azerbaijan, presented in accordance with article 18, paragraph 1 of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women of 18 December 1979, to which Azerbaijan acceded on 10 July 1995. It deals with the legislative, judicial, administrative and other action undertaken by the Republic of Azerbaijan in order to comply with the provisions of the Convention.

nice try though, very nice

yea i realised that also. its an azerbaijani report submitted to the UN, not by the UN.

lol, its just the Azeri point of view, nothing else, this isnt evidence.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:31

The dispute with Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave remains unresolved. As a result, about 20% of Azerbaijan is occupied by Armenians and some 800,000 Azerbaijanis are refugees or internally displaced

http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/countries/az/i ndex.html

Between 1988 and 1994, Azerbaijan was engaged in a war with Armenian troops over the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh. A 1994 ceasefire ended the fighting, but left almost 20 percent of Azerbaijan's territory occupied by Armenian forces. The war produced over 800,000 internally displaced persons and refugees, currently over 10 percent of people living in Azerbaijan. The International Rescue Committee has provided relief and development assistance for internally displaced persons and war-affected communities in Azerbaijan since 1994

http://www.theirc.org/where/the_irc_in_azerbaijan.html

In an attempt to end the controversy, Moscow decided in January 1989 to take direct control over the disputed region. As the Soviet Union disintegrated in 1990-1991, the conflict turned into an all-out war, with Armenian forces (both from Karabakh and the Armenian Republic) taking Karabakh and a large portion of surrounding Azerbaijani land. As a result, by the time the last ceasefire was signed in 1994, 20 percent of Azerbaijan was occupied by Armenia and an estimated 750,000 Azeris had become refugees, in addition to the thousands of Armenian refugees.(5)

http://meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2002/issue4/jv6n4a7.html

In 1992, full-scale war between Azerbaijan and Armenia broke out. By the middle of the year, Armenia controlled the bulk of Nagorno-Karabakh and pushed further into Azerbaijani territory to establish the so-called Lachin Corridor, an umbilical cord linking the breakaway republic with Armenia proper. By 1993, Armenian forces had occupied nearly 20 percent of the Azerbaijani territory surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh and expelled hundreds of thousands of ethnic Azeris. That was followed up by a Russia-brokered ceasefire in 1994, which is how the situation has remained more than a decade later

http://www.cfr.org/publication/9148/nagornokarabakh.html

so, I provided international sources, how about you, will you do the same??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>