Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The end of Assad seems to be near!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The end of Assad seems to be near!
    Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 04:04
Anyway it seems countries ignore to attack Syria one by one, Iran and Syria used the chemical weapon to kill their Sunni enemies, it was a good test to see the reactions, now they can focus again on the nuclear weapons.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 06:20
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It is difficult to know some Americans and European, those who wish to kill a cannibal terrorist themselves but rally to urge their government to not punish those who massacre thousands of people, the interesting thing is that they call themselves humanitarians!!

The reason is so important Cyrus. I agree your reason. He needs to be punished but not for something he is not to be. Chemical story is not still clear but just holding all power in own hand is a behaviour which we should up our voice.

However, just islamist newpapers and goverment wants to attack in Syria. Not all others parties in parliament. There will be peace protests in next to days.

I am thinking that are all of us drunk with power like Assad, if we are in charge?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 07:01

The End of Assad is begining of new one as i can see!Do we have new "kid" for it?!?Smile

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 08:11
Originally posted by red clay

Yes, please.  Besides, around here, we wear getting banned from Historum as a badge of honor. 

I couldn't agree more! ClapClapClap
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 08:15
Originally posted by Ollios

Originally posted by TITAN_

Military interventions in the Middle East have failed to reduce religious fanatism. 

Religious fanatism? Is it the reason of military invertion? I don't think so

Assad can be work with religious fanatics in Lebanon but as he is a secular guy and ruled his country like it also that's why we don't hear something about Syrian Christians, they don't choose any side.  

Religious fanatics in both side. If the reason is real this, why we are talking to attack just Assad?

the problem is that he didn't share the goverment with Kurds and Sunni Arabs(majority in Syria), not his religious fanatic acts.

All NATO attacks in muslim countries were in the name of democracy etc. In reality they just wanted a share in the petroleum industry, they don't give a toss about human rights, democracy and civilization. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Sleepy
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 11:18

The reason is so important Cyrus. I agree your reason. He needs to be punished but not for something he is not to be. Chemical story is not still clear but just holding all power in own hand is a behaviour which we should up our voice.

However, just islamist newpapers and goverment wants to attack in Syria. Not all others parties in parliament. There will be peace protests in next to days.

I am thinking that are all of us drunk with power like Assad, if we are in charge?

If it is even proved that all buildings were destroyed and several thousands people were killed by terrorists, the only one who can be blamed is Assad, because the government is responsible for the security of the nation.

Anyway I don't see any reason that we want to fool ourselves, as I said I have visited Syria two times and know for sure that most of Syrians hate Assad family, so Assad can do nothing except killing the people for preserving his power.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 18:20

It is difficult to know some Americans and European, those who wish to kill a cannibal terrorist themselves but rally to urge their government to not punish those who massacre thousands of people, the interesting thing is that they call themselves humanitarians!!

That's an over-simplification, Cyrus. People are fearful of what may happen if Assad is toppled and experience has taught them that Western interference does not usually bode well for the region. My opinion is that Assad's dictatorship is far better than anything that could ever come from this ''pretend'' revolt. Let's make sure the radicals are out of the picture and then see what can be done about Assad...

But of course that's exactly what the US, NATO and their Gulf vassals do not want :)

Timidi mater non flet
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 18:23

If it is even proved that all buildings were destroyed and several thousands people were killed by terrorists, the only one who can be blamed is Assad, because the government is responsible for the security of the nation.

Anyway I don't see any reason that we want to fool ourselves, as I said I have visited Syria two times and know for sure that most of Syrians hate Assad family, so Assad can do nothing except killing the people for preserving his power.

Dude... Assad is fighting the terrorist insurgency as best as he can and the country is in ruin because of it. Most civilian deaths at the hand of Assad military action is collateral damage which resulted from the terrorists hiding in civilian areas. I think one can't blame him for this event especially given the fact that the country is in shambles and his military is pretty strained with all the fighting.

Timidi mater non flet
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 08:26
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

That's an over-simplification, Cyrus. People are fearful of what may happen if Assad is toppled and experience has taught them that Western interference does not usually bode well for the region. My opinion is that Assad's dictatorship is far better than anything that could ever come from this ''pretend'' revolt. Let's make sure the radicals are out of the picture and then see what can be done about Assad...

But of course that's exactly what the US, NATO and their Gulf vassals do not want :)

It is meaningless to say that a savage, brutal dictator continues to massacre the people because some fear that the next government probably won't be what they want, you should understand that we are not animals and we don't live in a jungle, we care others human being, Assad, like Taliban, Saddam and Qaddafi who had killed millions of people, should be toppled. It is one of the best services to the humanity.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 13:16
As we all know three major groups are fighting against each other in Syria:

1. Assad's Army, consists of some Syrian mercenaries, Iranian revolutionary guard troops and militant Lebanese group Hezbollah, who fight for a Alawite minority.

2. Free Syrian Army, consists of the real Syrian soldiers who fight for what the majority want.

3. Islamist Terrorists, consists of non-Syrian extremists from all around the world, who fight for their Islamist ideology.

Should we support the second one and fight against other ones or not?
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 14:04

1. Assad's Army, consists of some Syrian mercenaries, Iranian revolutionary guard troops and militant Lebanese group Hezbollah, who fight for a Alawite minority.

2. Free Syrian Army, consists of the real Syrian soldiers who fight for what the majority want.

3. Islamist Terrorists, consists of non-Syrian extremists from all around the world, who fight for their Islamist ideology.

good work but it is missing

Where is the Christian Syrians, they are nearly 10% of Syria, I don't think that they are with Free Syrian Army

and  What about Kurds? They are resisting themselfes, not none of this three groups
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 14:36

It is meaningless to say that a savage, brutal dictator continues to massacre the people because some fear that the next government probably won't be what they want, you should understand that we are not animals and we don't live in a jungle, we care others human being, Assad, like Taliban, Saddam and Qaddafi who had killed millions of people, should be toppled. It is one of the best services to the humanity.

Well, first of all you have to prove that Assad is ''massacring'' his own people as the media keeps repeating blindly. Secondly, yes Assad is better than an Islamic theocratic state established with the help of the West. It would be IMMORAL at this point to topple Assad simply because no one is stupid and we all know what will come is FAR WORSE.

Lol, Gaddafi is gone and Libya is much worse now than before. I wish Gaddafi was back!!

Timidi mater non flet
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 17:40

Well, first of all you have to prove that Assad is ''massacring'' his own people as the media keeps repeating blindly. 

I agree you about the media. Especially in the USA, media is preparing the society to wars with non-neutral news but there is one reality which is refugees. More then 1 million people left own homes.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 00:11

good work but it is missing

Where is the Christian Syrians, they are nearly 10% of Syria, I don't think that they are with Free Syrian Army

and  What about Kurds? They are resisting themselfes, not none of this three groups

I said major groups who are fighting against each other, of course there are some other groups but it doesn't change the fact that we should fight against Assad's army and terrorists.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 00:26

Well, first of all you have to prove that Assad is ''massacring'' his own people as the media keeps repeating blindly. Secondly, yes Assad is better than an Islamic theocratic state established with the help of the West. It would be IMMORAL at this point to topple Assad simply because no one is stupid and we all know what will come is FAR WORSE.

Lol, Gaddafi is gone and Libya is much worse now than before. I wish Gaddafi was back!!

You probably think Assad's military aircrafts drop flowers and houses of the people have been destroyed by an earthquake?! Assad's regime is a puppet of the worst slamic theocratic state in the world, namely Iran, no regime can be really worse than it.

I think you will enjoy to watch the Iranian media! Wink
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 06:40

So, if Assad goes down, what's next?  There is no plan to begin with.

Is he Shia or Sunni?
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 08:08

Well, first of all you have to prove that Assad is ''massacring'' his own people as the media keeps repeating blindly. 

I agree you about the media. Especially in the USA, media is preparing the society to wars with non-neutral news but there is one reality which is refugees. More then 1 million people left own homes.

Why blame the refugees on Assad and not the terrorists?

Timidi mater non flet
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 08:16

You probably think Assad's military aircrafts drop flowers and houses of the people have been destroyed by an earthquake?! Assad's regime is a puppet of the worst slamic theocratic state in the world, namely Iran, no regime can be really worse than it.

I think you will enjoy to watch the Iranian media! Wink

That is ridiculous Cyrus. I do realise that Assad's military drops bombs on people and this is referred to as ''collateral damage''. The issue is that Assad's military has to fight the terrorists who, unfortunately, hide in civilian areas for express purpose of tarnishing the military's reputation. If they decide not to attack in order to save as many civilians then the terrorists win de facto! Just hide in a building full of people and keep shooting at the military...

Funny thing is people never notice that a trained army such as the Syrian army never does such things which are clear violations concerning rules of engagement. Again, I am not defending Assad nor am I saying that he is good for Syria. On the contrary, he must be dealt with. However, to do so now when Syria would undoubtedly fall in the hands of theocratic Islamists (100% sure that would happen, don't act like you're not!) is immoral at best. If the rogue elements are neutralised, then the people can again take to the streets and depose this dictator. But now, we must stick with what is best for the Syrian people, a dictator.

Your idealism Cyrus is very unrealistic because we don't live in a perfect world. Any decent person would support the over-throw of a dictator but definitely NOT in vain.

Timidi mater non flet
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2013 at 08:18
Originally posted by TITAN_

So, if Assad goes down, what's next?  There is no plan to begin with.

Is he Shia or Sunni?

Assad is a Shia, however, he belongs to the Nusayri Alawite branch which is quite different from mainstream Shia doctrine.

Exactly TITAN! Assad gets toppled and then what? It's just another Libya or Yemen, don't let people fool you with this idealistic sweet-talk...

Timidi mater non flet
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2013 at 04:49
Baal Melqart, as long as the mad Assad brutally kills the people and destroys the houses, the number of those ones that you call terrorists will be increased progressively, in fact this terrorism is just a natural reaction to the oppression committed by Assad, everyone can be a terrorist, if his/her family is brutally killed by a dictator.

Anyway this terrorism looks like a cancer, you can't fight against it but you should find a remedy, one of the main reasons of this disease is a minority rule over a majority.

We should wait that Assad kills at least two-third of Syrians to see stability in Syria, of course this thing will never happen but terrorism becomes stronger not only in Syria but in other parts of the world, Syria is already the best place for them to gather for organizing their terrorist attacks, they should thank to Assad who gathered them in his country!

Which place can be really better than a country without a stable government for terrorists?

Syria needs a stable popular government, or better to say democracy like in Iraq, to solve this problem, the first step is that Assad is driven out, then it will be the turn of the terrorists to be wiped off of the Syria.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>