Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHistory repeats in Gaza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: History repeats in Gaza
    Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 13:52
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Israel has been always considered as a Holy Land, through the history several different peoples captured this land or migrated there, what we know for sure is that both the original and current people of Israel are Jews, "Native” means someone born within a particular country, so the majority of natives of Israel are also Jews. The problem is that you talk about racist things, like those who have more blood and etc!

The problem is that you seem to misunderstand me every time I write a post so I think I will no longer comment on this topic because I have made my opinion very clear. I am not talking about anything ''racist'' I just mentioned that Palestinians have more blood relation to the Israelites than Jews. I never intended to make this statement in order to impune the Jew's rights to have a share in the land. It was said simply to make a point, namely that Palestinians were native to the land and that they deserve to live in this land just as much as the Jews, not ''more''.

Palestinians are native, Jews are native, let's get over this simple issue please.
Timidi mater non flet
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 14:38
Originally posted by Challenger2

... and their fundamental right to be there trumps any pseudo-historic connection European adherants of Judaism may think they have.I have absolutely no objection to the European followers of Judaism living alongside the natives anywhere in the middle East if that's what they want to do and the natives don't object; my objection stems from their forced dispossession of the native peoples and their ongoing persecution of those that had nothing at all to do with the historical treatment of jews in Europe, in pursuit of their ultimate goal of a "Jews only" state.

Your calling of the Jews from Europe this way (European adherents to Judaism) is a manipulation. A very small number of Jews were of European descent both in past and in present), most of them are as Israrelite as the Israel Arabs.

Also, the Israel Arabs are not entirely of ancient Jewish descent, there is a considerable contribution of Arabs from surrounding countries.

In the problem of the conflict, I don't know the details about land dispossessions, anyway, the fact is that Arabs are the agressors, not the Israel. Jews in Israel don't want war but peace, listen to this video:

Challenger2 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 02:46
You are seriously citing a Pat Condell rant? Seriously? Suddenly a professional comedian is an expert on the Middle East, I think not. LOL
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 07:50
The Arabs were aggressors in 1948, 1967 and 1973 and Israel was within her rights to defend herself. In Gaza, however, it is Israel who is the aggressor. Imagine if, in response to the Troubles, the British expelled all Catholics from Northern Ireland and sent a punitive expedition down south. Such a strategy may have been effective in Cromwell's time, but these days we have the UN which is supposed to protect human rights and would, quite rightly, recognise such acts as an atrocity 
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 13:38

Israel didn't exist before 1948 CE, prior to that, the jury is still out on the actual existance of any such entity. Neither is it accurate to describe the native peoples as "Jews";  calling "Hebraic" or "Israelite" people "Jews" is like calling all Iranians, "Muslims". both statements contain elements of truth, but discount the fact that  large sections of the population did not follow Judaism but worshipped other gods. A "Jew" is a follower of a religion, not an ethnic group, despite the Zionist propaganda to the contrary.   

If you consider the modern conception of a nation state as a "country", it can be said most of countries didn't exist before that date, anyway the country which already exists is Israel, the majority people of this country can be called Jew, Israelite, Hebraic or Zionist, what I say is that they themselves should decide about their country. Time never turns back, many things could be different 60 years ago, it is not possibe to go back to that date.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 29-Nov-2012 at 02:56
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 16:19
Wish for a 2-state solution, but one side always wants what is more than the other side will accept.

Edited by Azadi - 28-Nov-2012 at 16:20
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 17:06

Israel didn't exist before 1948 CE, prior to that, the jury is still out on the actual existance of any such entity. Neither is it accurate to describe the native peoples as "Jews";  calling "Hebraic" or "Israelite" people "Jews" is like calling all Iranians, "Muslims". both statements contain elements of truth, but discount the fact that  large sections of the population did not follow Judaism but worshipped other gods. A "Jew" is a follower of a religion, not an ethnic group, despite the Zionist propaganda to the contrary.   

If you consider the modern conception of a nation state as a "country", it can be said most of countries didn't exist before that date, anyway the country which already exists is Israel, the majority people of this country can be called Jew, Israelite, Hebraic or Zionist, what I say is that they themselves should decide about their country. Time never turns back, many things could be different 60 years ago, it is not possibe to goes back to that date.

I can agree with most of what you say, the borders of modern Europe were decided at Yalta, and have only recently reached some form of equilibrium with native peoples exercising their right of self determination. Unfortunately some native populations, such as the Kurds and Palestinians have been denied that right of self determination. Zionist Israel is a post war colonial enterprise which denied the native population their fundamental human rights.

Let me put the question to you, if the Kurdish diaspora, supported by a major superpower  returned to Iran and slaughtered and expelled the native Iranians, seized their homes and lands and told the survivors they could never return, how would Iranians react?
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 18:01

Let me put the question to you, if the Kurdish diaspora, supported by a major superpower returned to Iran and slaughtered and expelled the native Iranians, seized their homes and lands and told the survivors they could never return, how would Iranians react?

Problem would be that the Kurds mostly live where they're the majority, which would make your scenario a no-no. And if you look away from the last centuries, Iran has been federal and Kurds been a part of it as much as any other ethnicity. So the situation in Iran can not be compared to Israel, but the situation in Turkish-Kurdistan can, which many seem to forget or choose to forget.

Edited by Azadi - 28-Nov-2012 at 18:01
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 19:40
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Arabs were aggressors in 1948, 1967 and 1973 and Israel was within her rights to defend herself. In Gaza, however, it is Israel who is the aggressor. Imagine if, in response to the Troubles, the British expelled all Catholics from Northern Ireland and sent a punitive expedition down south. Such a strategy may have been effective in Cromwell's time, but these days we have the UN which is supposed to protect human rights and would, quite rightly, recognise such acts as an atrocity 

If the Irish surrounded Ulster with missiles, I am sure the British would have launched forces to take out those missile sites. I do not see any problem attacking a territory that is actively engaged in combat with your territory, by their own choice. I realize that the missiles in Cromwell's time came from bows, crossbows and trebuchets, so the comparison would only be valid if the Irish possessed missiles as dangerous as the rockets being used by the Palestinians

Edited by Rocky - 28-Nov-2012 at 19:43
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 20:37
Originally posted by Rocky

If the Irish surrounded Ulster with missiles, I am sure the British would have launched forces to take out those missile sites. I do not see any problem attacking a territory that is actively engaged in combat with your territory, by their own choice. I realize that the missiles in Cromwell's time came from bows, crossbows and trebuchets, so the comparison would only be valid if the Irish possessed missiles as dangerous as the rockets being used by the Palestinians

Excellent analogy...and bet your assets the Brit's would do exactly that.

And as much as I love my ole pard Nick-sanBig smile....his statement is factually incorrect.

This most recent spat is based on Hamas aggression which began in Dec 08 vice the blockade. Which also included various named thugs of the Islamist terrorist varieties joining in from outside Gaza..  Which in turn, was a result of previous attacks, reinforcements and equipment from the thugs in Iran and their proxies in Syria....to the thugs in Gaza. 

Hence this most recent example is a continuation of the same time line. A close and objective analysis reveals that the terrorists have always continued this since 48.

Hence the bold proclamation that Israel is the aggressor.... don't wash fer shit up in the crick.

Hq's in the Field
Vic: Black Jack Camp Ground
Apache NF, AZ.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 20:45

You are seriously citing a Pat Condell rant? Seriously? Suddenly a professional comedian is an expert on the Middle East, I think not. LOL

Ad hominem. If he is comedian, this doesn't impede him to have some good points and for that reason I put that video (I think it really worth be listened to the end). He also says that you can't make an agreement with hamas or other fascist nutcases (hamas also are opressors and exterminators of their own people) because they have in their 'principles' the extermination of Jews.

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 20:50

I don't consider Jews saints, but hamas is agressing them and if you don't answer in an intimidating way, the agressors will intensify their attacks. Imagine someone would fire that sort of rockets on Britain, do you think UK would answer with more "understanding"?

The only thing the Jews could be blamed is the dispossesion of lands and illegal buildings in Arab territory, but for that terrorism is not the answer.

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 21:32
Pat Condell used to be a stand up comedian, however there's more comedy in that video above than one of his comedy performances.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 03:53

I can agree with most of what you say, the borders of modern Europe were decided at Yalta, and have only recently reached some form of equilibrium with native peoples exercising their right of self determination. Unfortunately some native populations, such as the Kurds and Palestinians have been denied that right of self determination. Zionist Israel is a post war colonial enterprise which denied the native population their fundamental human rights.

Let me put the question to you, if the Kurdish diaspora, supported by a major superpower  returned to Iran and slaughtered and expelled the native Iranians, seized their homes and lands and told the survivors they could never return, how would Iranians react?

These things have happened several times in Iran, about 1.7 million Kurds already live in the northeast of Iran, we still hear that there are some conflicts between Turkmen and Kurds in this region, in the northwest of Iran and the north of Iraq, Kurds have several times fought against Assyrians and Armenians and displaced them, of course the same things have happened several times for Kurds themsevles too and we see in some regions where Kurds lived for a long time, there is already almost no Kurd, like Shahrekord (City of Kurds).

Lets compare Israel to Faridan region in Iran, in the west of Isfahan in the central Iran, there is a region named Faridan where several thousands Georgians (a Caucasian people) live, there is a major Gerogian ciy named Fereydunshahr and numerous Georgian villages, about 300 years ago the Persian king Karim Khan Zand (of the Zand clan of the Lur tribe), claimed Faridan is the ancestral land of his tribe, he could be true because we know Lurs lived there for a long time, so he fought against Georigans, destroyed several villages and killed almost the one half of the Georgian population, for Lurs, he is certainly a hero and for Georgians, he is a cruel, but both of these people already live there peacefully and it is meaningless to say this one is native and this one is not.

If you kill one half of Israelis, you can be sure that another half of them will never leave their land, the situation of Jews in Israel is similar to the situation of Georgians in Faridan, they just bought some lands and gradually became the majority, it is not a crime.

Anyway we should believe in change, talking about the past can't solve any problem, a land belong to those people who have been born there.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 29-Nov-2012 at 04:24
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 05:23

These things have happened several times in Iran, about 1.7 million Kurds already live in the northeast of Iran, we still hear that there are some conflicts between Turkmen and Kurds in this region, in the northwest of Iran and the north of Iraq, Kurds have several times fought against Assyrians and Armenians and displaced them, of course the same things have happened several times for Kurds themsevles too and we see in some regions where Kurds lived for a long time, there is already almost no Kurd, like Shahrekord (City of Kurds).

Lets compare Israel to Faridan region in Iran, in the west of Isfahan in the central Iran, there is a region named Faridan where several thousands Georgians (a Caucasian people) live, there is a major Gerogian ciy named Fereydunshahr and numerous Georgian villages, about 300 years ago the Persian king Karim Khan Zand (of the Zand clan of the Lur tribe), claimed Faridan is the ancestral land of his tribe, he could be true because we know Lurs lived there for a long time, so he fought against Georigans, destroyed several villages and killed almost the one half of the Georgian population, for Lurs, he is certainly a hero and for Georgians, he is a cruel, but both of these people already live there peacefully and it is meaningless to say this one is native and this one is not.

If you kill one half of Israelis, you can be sure that another half of them will never leave their land, the situation of Jews in Israel is similar to the situation of Georgians in Faridan, they just bought some lands and gradually became the majority, it is not a crime.

Anyway we should believe in change, talking about the past can't solve any problem, a land belong to those people who have been born there.

Well you've answered a question, but not the one I asked. I put forward a hypothetical case. Put simply, what would Iranians do if a foreign people with, at best, a tenuous connection to Iran came and drove the Iranians out of their homes and off their lands where they and their families had lived for centuries, called their country "Babylonia"  and told them that they could never return?

Presumably,  from your comments, 60 years later the Iranians woul quietly accept that those now born in "Babylonia", the "Babylonians", had a better claim to the land than the disposessed Iranians and they'd quiently just abandon their culture and heritage and assimilate with their surrounding neighbours to become Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis, Turkmenis, etc.

In the real world, the Zionists legally bought about 5% of the land of Palestine and ethically cleansed  or exterminated the people living there to artificially create a Zionist "majority" in their new state, THAT is the crime. 

Edited by Challenger2 - 29-Nov-2012 at 05:23
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 05:47
Originally posted by Menumorut

Ad hominem. If he is comedian, this doesn't impede him to have some good points and for that reason I put that video (I think it really worth be listened to the end). He also says that you can't make an agreement with hamas or other fascist nutcases (hamas also are opressors and exterminators of their own people) because they have in their 'principles' the extermination of Jews.

I saw the whole video. Had he made any serious or valid points based on fact, historical or otherwise, (any facts at all would have been nice) as opposed to just venting his petty prejudices, I might have taken him seriously. The man is a well known Atheist and Islamophobe, although his hatreds also extend to both Jews and Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. His ignorance and agenda means he is not a credible commentator, ad hominem or not, that's the truth.

Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 05:58
Originally posted by Menumorut

I don't consider Jews saints, but hamas is agressing them and if you don't answer in an intimidating way, the agressors will intensify their attacks. Imagine someone would fire that sort of rockets on Britain, do you think UK would answer with more "understanding"?

Thank you, we've had 30 years of our own brand of "terrorism" so we know exactly how to handle that sort of situation. We dealt with the problem and the RAF never once had to bomb Belfast into the stone age.

Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 10:57

Thank you, we've had 30 years of our own brand of "terrorism" so we know exactly how to handle that sort of situation. We dealt with the problem and the RAF never once had to bomb Belfast into the stone age.

"Terrorism" ?

Edited by Azadi - 29-Nov-2012 at 10:58
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 12:14
IRA, PIRA, RIRA, UFF, UVF, take your pick. 
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 12:20
I didn't know why you put the ""s.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>