Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHistory repeats in Gaza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: History repeats in Gaza
    Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 03:02
This time by the dirty palestinian terrorists: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/israel-and-palestine/121120/israel-israeli-spies-gaza-lynch-mob-hamas-corpse-execution

I talked about Batis, one of Iranian Heros in this thread: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27760

Siege of Gaza by Alexander (332 BC): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Gaza

Batis, the commander of the fortress of Gaza, refused to surrender to him. When Gaza was taken, the male population was put to the sword and the women and children were sold into slavery.

According to the Roman historian Quintus Curtius Rufus, Batis was killed by Alexander in imitation of Achilles' treatment of the fallen Hector. A rope was forced through Batis's ankles, probably between the ankle bone and the Achilles tendon, and Batis was dragged alive by chariot beneath the walls of the city. Alexander, who admired courage in his enemies and might have been inclined to show mercy to the brave Persian general, was infuriated at Batis's refusal to kneel and by the enemy commander's haughty silence and contemptuous manner.

As a result of the Siege, Alexander was allowed to proceed south in to Egypt securely, without his line of communications being threatened from the North by Batis from Gaza.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 22-Nov-2012 at 03:23
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 04:28
Is this one on photo,human being Cyrus or doll?History(HiSToRi) has never failed it's name till today!Events
that happens today had been started long time ago.History just resurrects them.Which does purpose use for it?Ruling of territories?Preserving of world order?In ancient time Alexander used,old conflict had happened here before in drama with horses.It is Middle East&Indian idea not "Greek"."Greeks" simply cut the head&put male organ in his mouth with stone Epitaph!I saw it on History but can not find a picture now.Maybe you will help me.Regards Cyrus!Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 22-Nov-2012 at 06:15
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 06:19
Of course not a doll but obviously a poor man, the worst thing is that, as you read from the above link, the poeple of Gaza encouraged this action and there were also children on the street!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 06:34
New Wave of animal heard behavior comes all around the world and old racial "scientific" theories are inside
all "democratic" governments projects.It is a pity for human kind.Did the police prevent&punish it?
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 06:43
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

This time by the dirty palestinian terrorists:

History is indeed repeating itself, yet another attempt to to collectively blame a peoples, a nation, a political view based on the actions of individuals or tiny groups. This has been the tactic of oppressive regimes and justification for genocide since time began. 

a rather transparent attempt at propaganda ,have you been watching too much Fox News,? You need to raise your standards a bit. LOL

Edited by Toltec - 22-Nov-2012 at 06:47
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Challenger2 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 10:10
Spies and traitors have been executed in time of war since before even Batis was born. Ancient Persian execution techniques were quite inventive as I recall. "Behold the head of a traitor" was a common cry throughout history. Even America has the death penalty for treason http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381.

From your article these people were responsible for the deaths of their own people and ultimately, a fundamental tenet of any legal system is, "Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done."

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 10:21

Cyrus likes to focus on cruelty committed by some Palestinians but all these pictures I've seen of burnt infants, open skulls and offals dragging on the streets is enough to see through your bias. We never hear you talking against the crimes committed by Israel, although what they have done is exponentially much worse than dragging a man on the street.

That's called double-standard and you can't be philanthropic to just a segment of humanity, it doesn't work that way.

You're gonna say something like ''But Israel was targeting terrorists who happen to use human-shields, oops'', well this guy was a spy so fair game.

Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 11:05
Then you see nothing wrong with Hamas sending rockets into populated areas of Israel, without warning or provocation. And of course Israel's reaction was unjustified and an over reaction to political statements made with artillery fire.

Israel exists, it's not going anywhere and it will get stronger still. There are many countries aside from the US who support it.

Being as anti Zionist as you are, you probably won't agree with any of this.  Hamas and Hezbollah have to suck it in and realize they are opposing something much bigger than they are, and start to put their resources to use improving the general conditions of the Palestinian people.  The amount of money spent on acquiring arms is staggering.  If used in another manner, that money could drastically improve the lives of everyday Palestinians.  If that was what they were really interested in.

Edited by red clay - 22-Nov-2012 at 11:10
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 11:23
Baal Melqart, do you talk about the crimes committed by the prophet Muhammad and his successors? Of course talking or not talking is one thing and supporting or not supporting an ugly action is another thing, I never support the crimes committed by some Israelis, but just not talk about them.
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 12:36
Originally posted by red clay

Then you see nothing wrong with Hamas sending rockets into populated areas of Israel, without warning or provocation. And of course Israel's reaction was unjustified and an over reaction to political statements made with artillery fire.

Israel exists, it's not going anywhere and it will get stronger still. There are many countries aside from the US who support it.

Being as anti Zionist as you are, you probably won't agree with any of this.  Hamas and Hezbollah have to suck it in and realize they are opposing something much bigger than they are, and start to put their resources to use improving the general conditions of the Palestinian people.  The amount of money spent on acquiring arms is staggering.  If used in another manner, that money could drastically improve the lives of everyday Palestinians.  If that was what they were really interested in.

Absolute BS, Clay! I have openly spoken against Hamas and I oppose what they do whole-heartedly. Yes, they are terrorists and I have absolutely no problem in saying it. The problem I am seeing here, which is the reason behind my comment, is that some of you seem to take sides with Israel against Palestinians as if Israel is beyond reproach. It just seems to me that if you speak against crimes committed by palestinians and Hamas, why leave out Israel from your criticism? Is Israel beyond reproach simply because they have a semi-democracy?

Timidi mater non flet
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 12:46

Then you see nothing wrong with Hamas sending rockets into populated areas of Israel, without warning or provocation. 

I would hardly call being attacked by Israel, no provocation.

As for attack without warning, isn't that exactly what Israel did on US election day being as they knew it would not be reported in the US media that day. 

In both case you mention the Palestinians doing something but completely omit mentioning when Israel does something.... Bias?

I believe Hamas follows this view, this is exactly how their doctrine differs from the PLO. This is why they oppose short term peace deal and focus on the long term, they point out all countries rise and fall over centuries and realise they may have to sit it out til the 22nd or 23rd century for an Israel weak enough to take. 

Your line of attack on Hamas seems very ill-conceived because  it actually just reaffirms the source of their strength.

You seem unaware of what is happening in the region, I guess US media bias. The Gaza strip is under blockade and was since the election, that's the whole point, there are no resources. As for the West Bank the situation is even worse, you have to have a country to spend money and resources on, if on a daily basis you are being evicted from your country piece by piece how on earth do you do this? 

Edited by Toltec - 22-Nov-2012 at 12:51

History Planet Website
<br /
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 12:47

Baal Melqart, do you talk about the crimes committed by the prophet Muhammad and his successors? Of course talking or not talking is one thing and supporting or not supporting an ugly action is another thing, I never support the crimes committed by some Israelis, but just not talk about them.

You're gonna drag me into a subject that is too big to be spoken of here without going totally off-topic. I have spoken many times against the image of Muhammad that is portrayed in Islamic books and said myself that Muslims have no reason to complain about people ridiculing their prophet if they themselves can't get their own shit together. Suffice it to say, this does not affect me in any way but I have criticised them many times because of the crimes they believe Muhammad committed and whole-heartedly agree with, just because they think them to be true and authentic accounts. In fact, this exact topic has got me in trouble with so many of my family members and friends, so no you can't culpabilise me for turning a blind eye on this topic.

As to speaking against the crimes of the so called 'successors' or 'companions' I have done that quite a few times, even on this forum! I am also constantly criticising them in front of people and on other forums whenever I get a chance to. I think they are all bloody psychopaths, theives and murderers and I have made my opinion as clear as broad daylight.

Cyrus, when you only speak out against a single group f people then you must understand that this sounds like you're taking sides and spreading a form of propaganda. I'm not saying that you are in agreement with israel's crimes but it wouldn't hurt to show some neutrality and apply the same judgement on Israel.

Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 19:23
I like you, Challenger. You can see Zionism for what it is: the cause of terrorism in the Middle East. On the other hand, the Palestinians need to renounce violence: it has done nothing but alienate the rest of the world. If Hamas and Fatah launched a campaign of peaceful civil disobedience like Gandhi, Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela, the Zionists would be unable to run the occupied Palestinian territories and have no choice but to leave

Edited by Nick1986 - 23-Nov-2012 at 18:43
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 00:34
You mean like all the Tibetans must do is renounce violence and then the Chinese will leave? Or all in the way the Easter Islanders don't use violence and Chileans have left (oh I forget, they haven't).

History Planet Website
<br /
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 01:26
There is no country named Palestine, the original land of these Arabs who call themselves Palestinian is the Arabian Peninsula, Jews already live in their own motherland, why some people can't understand these obvious facts?!!
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 08:20

There is no country named Palestine, the original land of these Arabs who call themselves Palestinian is the Arabian Peninsula, Jews already live in their own motherland, why some people can't understand these obvious facts?!!

Probably because they're neither obvious nor facts, but the usual Zionist historical distortion of history. The region was named "Palestina" by the Romans and it was a Roman province until the Muslim conquests of the 7th Century CE. Interestingly the Arab invaders did not displace the people in the area but lived alongside them and there is no recorded historical colonisation by Arabs from the Arabian penunsula. The indigenous peoples merely learned to speak Arabic and many converted to Islam in the succeeding centuries.

If you are saying there was never a sovereign independant state called Palestine before 1918, I'd have to agree, nevertheless the state of Palestine was recognised by the League of Nations as a state in being but under temporary supervision by the British until it was ready to assume a sovereign status. This is something Zionist historiography strenuously avoids mentioning.

As regards the Zionist state of Israel, that didn't exist until 1948 and it is still not recognised as a state by large portions of the planet outside of the "West". The original motherlands of most the current inhabiants of the Zionist state are to be found in Europe.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 09:21
Talking about the past can't solve any problem, it is true that from the ancient times Babylonians, Romans, Arabs and etc tried to displace Jews from their own land but now they are living there, about most of them, their grandparents were also born in Israel, this is their only country.

It doesn't matter what some silly Islamists want, in fact they want not only Israel but all other non-Islamic countries are destoyed.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 23-Nov-2012 at 09:22
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 10:27

because your statement is false, big time and I can prove it to be so. You're just regurgitating extremist pro-zionist opinions, not the first time I heard such alleged facts. Yes, Jews are genetically descended from the Hebraic peoples or Israelites that once lived in Palestine and I guess that means they have a right to live in this land. So far I agree. Yet the Palestinians according to such a standard are even more deserving to have a share of the land than the Jews themselves, namely because they have more blood from ancient Israelites and this has been supported even by many prominent Jews, such as Ben Gurion.

Anyone who studies the genetics and culture of the Palestinians can tell you quite clearly that your claim is baseless. Palestinian names for villages and many of their customs have a very deep connection with ancient Jewish traditions and it suffices that the Keffiyah that palestinians still wear nowadays has threads at the corners, exactly like a Tzitzit on a Jewish prayer shawl.

Many scholars have noted these many similarities in culture and tradition. The fact of the matter is that the region was inhabited by Jews and Christians who were native to it. When the Muslims conquered Palestine, many were either forced or coerced to convert and these converted Jews and Christians are the modern-day Palestinians. To claim that they are originally from Hijaz simply because they were conquered by those people is to say that all Iranians nowadays are from Hijaz simply because of the Muslim conquests.

I mean, you know better than me that the Bedouins of Hijaz were not a very numerous people back in those days and that's mainly because desert regions do not promote population growth. The conquerors were a small minority in the lands which they conquered and as such it is utterly unreasonable to say that they somehow were able to genetically displace all the Jewish/Christian Palestinians that were living there for many centuries before them.

Now I'm not gonna deny that the Palestinians definitely have some descent from Hijazis and other bedouins tribes that lived in Jordana and Syria but then this would be the same for all nations nowadays. Can anyone say that a modern-day nation has a pure race? Of course not...

Call the land whatever you want, Palestine, Israel, Judah... The fact will still remain that Palestinians have a deep connection with this land and have long-time history to back it up as well.

Timidi mater non flet
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 10:53

Talking about the past can't solve any problem, it is true that from the ancient times Babylonians, Romans, Arabs and etc tried to displace Jews from their own land but now they are living there, about most of them, their grandparents were also born in Israel, this is their only country.

It doesn't matter what some silly Islamists want, in fact they want not only Israel but all other non-Islamic countries are destoyed.

You started talking about the past and I disagree, in this instance the past is fundamental to the solution of the problem. I do not advocate expulsion of those children of colonists born there since 1948, I'm sure they will be productive citizens of a future "Palestisraeli" state, but the cancer of Zionism needs to be expunged from the region, so it can join Communism and Nazism and all the other "-isms" of the late 19th-early 20th century in the dustbin of history.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2012 at 13:27
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

because your statement is false, big time and I can prove it to be so. You're just regurgitating extremist pro-zionist opinions, not the first time I heard such alleged facts. Yes, Jews are genetically descended from the Hebraic peoples or Israelites that once lived in Palestine and I guess that means they have a right to live in this land. So far I agree. Yet the Palestinians according to such a standard are even more deserving to have a share of the land than the Jews themselves, namely because they have more blood from ancient Israelites and this has been supported even by many prominent Jews, such as Ben Gurion.

Anyone who studies the genetics and culture of the Palestinians can tell you quite clearly that your claim is baseless. Palestinian names for villages and many of their customs have a very deep connection with ancient Jewish traditions and it suffices that the Keffiyah that palestinians still wear nowadays has threads at the corners, exactly like a Tzitzit on a Jewish prayer shawl.

Many scholars have noted these many similarities in culture and tradition. The fact of the matter is that the region was inhabited by Jews and Christians who were native to it. When the Muslims conquered Palestine, many were either forced or coerced to convert and these converted Jews and Christians are the modern-day Palestinians. To claim that they are originally from Hijaz simply because they were conquered by those people is to say that all Iranians nowadays are from Hijaz simply because of the Muslim conquests.

I mean, you know better than me that the Bedouins of Hijaz were not a very numerous people back in those days and that's mainly because desert regions do not promote population growth. The conquerors were a small minority in the lands which they conquered and as such it is utterly unreasonable to say that they somehow were able to genetically displace all the Jewish/Christian Palestinians that were living there for many centuries before them.

Now I'm not gonna deny that the Palestinians definitely have some descent from Hijazis and other bedouins tribes that lived in Jordana and Syria but then this would be the same for all nations nowadays. Can anyone say that a modern-day nation has a pure race? Of course not...

Call the land whatever you want, Palestine, Israel, Judah... The fact will still remain that Palestinians have a deep connection with this land and have long-time history to back it up as well.

Ok, a country can't have two names, the name of this land is Israel and those who live there are called Israeli, they can be Jew, Muslim, Chritsian, ... and can speak Hebrew, Arabic, ... but their nationality is Israeli, not Palestinan.

Arabs make up about one-fifth of Israel's population, of course they can live there but it is meaningless to say they should rule over the whole population because they probably have more blood from ancient people who lived in this land!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>