Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedillegals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: illegals
    Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 13:31

I don't have a problem with legal immigration but when it comes to illegals it I really don't like it. 

Here in America I feel that for the Mexican/American Border we need to put up a border like the Koreas, tall chain link fence with barbed wire across the top, and guards patroling the fence.  But without the guards shooting someone if they get to near.

The road issue, only people with valid US picture IDs or a immigration permit are allowed to pas through, after their car has been searched.

I personally think that all of the illegal aliens need to be rounded up and taken back to their home land because they are taking advantage of our tax dollers.

What is you view on this topic?  I am curious. How does your country or you reeact to illegals in your country? I realize this is like the "America's Borders" topic, but i wanted it to be more focused on this topic.

Edited by Le Renard
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 14:02
I raised the issue in the other thread, and I am raising it again:

The U.S. needs slave-labor to function. The closest thing to slave labor is illegal labor. Without illegal labor, many farmers would go out of business and you will be paying seven dollars for each tomato you buy. The government is not going to close the border until there is an alternative source of slave-like labor.

Of course we live in a free society, so why not a group of anti-illegal immigrants volunteer to work for 1.50 and hour picking lettuce from sunrise to sunset? This is the salary the market can bear, and your work will do more to stop illegal immigration than any other action.

Or you can call your congressperson and annoy them to death about this issue. Enforcement will come from Washington, not from the border.

You should have a better chance of doing it now than before: The Republican White House and Congress are on your side, aren't it?

Edited by hugoestr
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 18:33
I thought I covered this on America's borders but here are some good links to support strong borders. I do support legal immigration from Canada and Mexico but all illegals should be deported, with a few exceptions. I do not care if they are from Germany, Greece or Japan. In the 1990's there was a number of illegal immigrants from Ireland and this made me upset, I have Irish ancestry. At the time I felt they should be deported but I hear things are much better in Ireland now, they have their own illegal alien problem now. Maybe someday Americans will be sneaking into Mexico for jobs, fate can change in strange ways.

http://www.therothshow.com/
You can listen to her archive for past guests on this topic.

http://www.fairus.org/

http://www.numbersusa.com/

Robert Vasquez -
http://www.pan2004.com

http://frostywooldridge.com/

http://www.sharethetruth.info/

see recent article today on www.jihadwatch.org
03/28/05
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 20:58

illegal immigrants pour into New England from Europe to this day yet they dont care.

SO either the US is racist against only Mexican immigrants or New Englanders are just more tolerant people.

Either way Im for whatever is good for the economy, and that is to have illegals coming in and working at jobs.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 05:14
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 19:21
Does this include these aliens!!

planet X

multi tasked!!
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2005 at 20:06
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 03:29
America is not the only country being flooded with illegal immigrants!! It is also a real probelem in Japan, Malayasia and Europe. It will only get worse and I strongly believe any of these nations have the right to protect their borders, langauge and culture by deporting illegal immigrants. Forgot Australia to!!!

Greece would be doing the right thing by deporting them.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kurdistanobserve/7-11-01-reu-g reece-may-deports-illegal-refugees.html

Greece considers deporting 1,000 illegal refugees

ATHENS, Nov 6 (Reuters) - Greece on Tuesday was considering deporting about 1,000
mostly Kurdish would-be immigrants whose ship was found drifting near the Ionian islands
on Monday.

"We are considering the issue of their reintegration into their country of origin," government
spokesman Christos Protopappas told reporters. "I don't think they are political refugees."

On Monday the Greek coastguard towed the 50-metre (160-ft) Turkish-flagged vessel to the
port of Zakynthos after fire damaged its engines during a storm. Authorities said it was
probably on its way to Italy.

A number of the women and children from the vessel were treated for minor injuries,
exhaustion and dehydration at health centres at the port and elsewhere on the island.

"Some of them are very exhausted. They don't seem to have eaten in the past four or five
days," a local doctor said.

The other immigrants remained on board.

Local authorities were considering temporarily housing some or all of the group in a sports
hall.

Merchant Marine Minister Giorgos Anomeritis arrived in Zakynthos on Tuesday to assess
the situation.

This year Greece has detained over 5,000 illegal immigrants, more than 100 suspected
people-smugglers and 83 vessels involved in ferrying illegal immigrants.

Edited by eaglecap
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 11:05
Originally posted by eaglecap

I strongly believe any of these nations have the right to protect their borders, [...] Forgot Australia to!!! 

Australia has no borders

unless you count naval ones
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 11:27
Originally posted by Le Renard

I don't have a problem with legal immigration but when it comes to illegals it I really don't like it.

Here in America I feel that for the Mexican/American Border we need to put up a border like the Koreas, tall chain link fence with barbed wire across the top, and guards patroling the fence. But withoutthe guards shooting someone if they get to near.

The road issue, only people with valid US picture IDs or a immigration permit are allowed to pas through, after their car has been searched.

I personally think that all of the illegal aliens need to be rounded up and taken back to their home land because they are taking advantage of our tax dollers.

What is you view on this topic? I am curious. How does your country or you reeact to illegals in your country? I realize this is like the "America's Borders" topic, but i wanted it to be more focused on this topic.

How does my country react to illegal alliens ?
Let's see, we granted land to them, we asked them to be catholics, do not continue with the slavery, pay taxes, become mexican citizens and learn spanish.
In exchange, they revolted agaisnt the country that gave them an opportunity. Opportunity that they did not had at their country.

Yes, let's deport all the illegal alliens starting with Austin, Houston and the others who took advantage of the the empresario program.

Let's deport all the illegal alliens starting 1492.

How's that ?

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 11:48
LoL Jalisco, u hit it right there! 
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 14:44
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Originally posted by Le Renard

Here in America I feel that for the Mexican/American Border we need to put up a border like the Koreas, tall chain link fence with barbed wire across the top, and guards patroling the fence. But withoutthe guards shooting someone if they get to near.

What is you view on this topic? I am curious. How does your country or you reeact to illegals in your country? I realize this is like the "America's Borders" topic, but i wanted it to be more focused on this topic.

How does my country react to illegal alliens ?
Let's see, we granted land to them, we asked them to be catholics, do not continue with the slavery, pay taxes, become mexican citizens and learn spanish.
In exchange, they revolted agaisnt the country that gave them an opportunity. Opportunity that they did not had at their country.

Yes, let's deport all the illegal alliens starting with Austin, Houston and the others who took advantage of the the empresario program.

Let's deport all the illegal alliens starting 1492.

How's that ?

You have a valid point but remember the Apache Indians saw the Spanish and Mexican also as invaders. If you know anything about the Apaches they were a constant war with the Spanish and Mexicans.

At first they wanted the Americans as allies but eventually realized that the Anglos were also coming to occupy their land and rightfully made war on Americans. Now, the Pueblo and Hopi claim they were here before the Apache, Navajo or Mexicans.

I can say the Greeks were in Anatolia before the Turks but like America Turkey is a sovereign nation so the borders should be respected and America has the right to deport illegal immigrants.

I strongly support legal immigration but Mexico, maybe Canada to-lol

When I lived in Walla Walla I had several Mexican friends who worked up from the feilds to a career or their own buisness. They originally came here legally and I respected their success. I have known Mexican Americans who feel the same way I do about illegal immigration that I do.

I wish we lived in a perfect world!

I think Mexico should give us oil to help pay for the costs of illegal immigrants.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 15:12
I don't understand the "I'm not against immigrant as long as they're legal" argument. If illegals are illegal, that's just because we call them illegal. If you simply loosen the laws there will be less illegal immigration, since it's easier to immigrate legally
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 16:17

I think Mexico should give us oil to help pay for the costs of illegal immigrants.
[/QUOTE]

You wish.
There are more benefits than cost associated.

Who do you think supports the California's economy ?
Do you really believe that movies are the real profit for the 5th largest world economy ?

History is cyclic. You should know it.
Anyways, the immigration ( legal or not ) to the USA will continue like it or not. Get real. Everything is about economy.

Otherwise, what do you really think that stops to the White House from seal the borders ?

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 16:40
yep yep yep
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 20:57
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

You wish.
There are more benefits than cost associated.

Who do you think supports the California's economy ?
Do you really believe that movies are the real profit for the 5th largest world economy ?[/QUOTE]

numberusa has all the stats about the cost of illegal immigrants. True agriculture is the #1 industry in California and even Washington State. I realize we benefit from migrant workers.

It is also true that it cannot be totally stopped but it can be curtailed a lot by enforcing the laws on the books and going after the employers with heavy fines and jail time. But, it will not happen because big business has Bush in their pocket. Bush is a good man but does he really call the shots, no!!

Like I said America is not the only country with illegal immigrants. When I was in Greece I saw illegals from all over the world. Made me upset to be honest and the Greeks or any European nation has the right to protect their borders, language and culture by deporting them. Greece is doing well economically but still they have few resources and cannot keep absorbing illegal immigrants from all over; borders, language and culture. The problem is that Greece has caved in from pressure by so-called left-wing human rights groups and they have given the illegals amnesty two or three times. The more they grant amnesty the more illegals will pour into Greece or Europe.

History is cyclic. You should know it.
Anyways, the immigration ( legal or not ) to the USA will continue like it or not. Get real. Everything is about economy.

I do not oppose immigration but speaking of history remember what the Germanic invasion into the Roman Empire eventually did to the west half of the Roman Empire!

Otherwise, what do you really think that stops to the White House from seal the borders?

They won't but we can pressure them to. They are suppose to represent us but if Jeb Bush runs for President this will be an issue. I think the lack of effort by George Bush and the Terry Shivao incident will cost Jeb the Chance to win the primary. I am a cynic when it comes to politicians!! lol
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 22:20

Breaking news.... Jeff Bush is governor of an hispanic state as Florida.
Plus, he's married with a Mexican woman....

you see why our constitution forbiden someone married with a foreigner to occupy important posts
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 02:20

Yes,I have to have Goerge Bush as President of the country I live in,and I have his brother as governor of the state I live in.Pft,but he aint as bad as George.In the terms of Illegals,I heard from a friend in Arizona that the Spanish Population,regardless of illegal Mexican or legal other Spanish,,is being treated kinda badly.My friend is Spanish and the doctors refused medical treatment,and she had all the proper things to get medical attention.It was because she was Spanish.

Now,Americans on the borders will do almost anything to trespassers,maybe even kill.That is not right.

In Honor
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 10:11
But, it will not happen because big business has Bush in their pocket. Bush is a good man but does he really call the shots, no!!

Why did the country elect such a pushover, then? The country elects a weak-minded, easily corruptible president, and these are the consequences. Leaky borders everywhere.

As I said before, get patriots to pick oranges, lettuce, and garlic in he fields of California for $2.15 an hour. That will surely close the borders.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 19:41
Kerry is no better but I am starting to believe it is whoever the elite want in office, maybe I listen to coast to coast too much!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>