Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia:Russia has invaded and we are under attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia:Russia has invaded and we are under attack
    Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:41

Sarmat, I've lost my temper. From your posts here, I see that you support the full destruction of a peacful and independent nation. Russia always portraits everything in it's favour - you can't get reliable information from inter-Russian sources. I thought you'd know that. 

If it becomes a prolonged war, Georgia may win if they hold out until the winter, and if the winter is strong. But, if Russians aren't afraid of cold, the last light of freedom may have disappeared from this war if no one goes to help Georgia. 

Bankotsu View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Bankotsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:45
Georgia Gets Its War On…McCain Gets His Brain Plaque…
http://exiledonline.com/georgia-gets-its-war-onmccain

US-Russian tensions in Caucasus erupt into war
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/aug2008/

Edited by Bankotsu - 09-Aug-2008 at 17:46
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:46
Originally posted by Sparten

Leonardo that was uncalled for and you are casting aspirations on Al Jassas. The recision of your warning was not an invitation to reoffend.

My post was intended to be sarcasm not offence ... anyway I'll try not to respond to the provocations of that guy ...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:53

Good idea.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:54
Originally posted by rider

Sarmat, I've lost my temper. From your posts here, I see that you support the full destruction of a peacful and independent nation. Russia always portraits everything in it's favour - you can't get reliable information from inter-Russian sources. I thought you'd know that. 

If it becomes a prolonged war, Georgia may win if they hold out until the winter, and if the winter is strong. But, if Russians aren't afraid of cold, the last light of freedom may have disappeared from this war if no one goes to help Georgia. 

Georgia started this war and now they are getting spanked. Why should anybody risk their sons lives for that?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 18:05
It look like Leonardo no more interested with provocation. It looks like warning made its way.

Anyway, I think Russia risked a lot too. If georgian soldiers resist one month, Other countries will be take their hands at region too. So maybe, Russian peace keeper soldiers will leave territory and other peacekeeper soldiers will take their places.. At least, I think this is what georgians hope. Anyway, not much important. After all, They are peace keepers.

By the way, I think Turkey is officially neutral at this conflict.(Pro-Georgian.)

Also, Leonardo. This has no relation with muslim thing. For your info, Georgians are christians and Abkhazia has more muslim than georgia. So You should infact support georgians my friend.. Just a friendly help for a complex situation for you.

Edited by Mortaza - 09-Aug-2008 at 18:14
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:05
One month? They will probably be kicked out of Ossetia by Sunday night, and not to mention Georgia is about to lose Kodori Gorge in Abkhazia. Saakashvily is the epitome of stupidity...
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:19
Originally posted by Al Jassas

I really wonder how can you believe the outlandish lies, how the hell did Russia know just hours fter the battle began that 1500 civilians died in georgian shelling, I mean even if they had boots on the ground it will take days to verify the number and if these guys weren't killed by accident of deliberately. Same goes to the "peacekeepers", I mean if they were part of the UN then there should be independent verificiation if they actually died and if that was on purpose or self defense on the part of the georgians.

How can you believe that this is not true? The Russian TV is giving 24 hours direct broadcasting from Tskhinval.  The Georgian regime has already prohibitted the broadcasting of the Russian TV in Georgia because while Russians show the real pictures from the space Georgians show nothing except stupid reports of Georgian military about their victories.

Basically, the last country in the world I would believe is Russia, I new guys who went to Chechnia and they swear that most, not all mind you, of the attrocities committed and attributed to the Chechens were the making of the Russians. And the recent events shed more light, while georgia was alledged to have shelled Tskhinvali with little proof Russia have been bombing and shelling Internationally regognized georgian civilian territory, mainly the city of Gori: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7550804.stm. now russia have lost all the moral ground it bases its war on.

I told you Russia's Mass media directly brodcasts from the place instead of biased CNN why don't you try to at least take a look at the Russian news reports: www.russiatoday.ru
Besides, how Chechnia is related here?
OK, Russian troops commited atrocities in Chechia, so in your view Georgians can kill Ossetian now because of this? Interesting logic, indeed.

finally, what kind of support of "territorial integrity" that blatently undermines georgian authority, forbids them from enforcing georgian laws and constitution, gives Russian nationality en masse to a segment of a population and finally declares outright war when it did exactly what that same nation  did to one of its territories, Chechnia?

Look. Russia wouldn't invervene under other circumstances. Why did Georgia has to break it's promise of peace and kill Russian peacekeepers? Why? US or France or England or any other power with similar capabilities wouldn't tolerate this disgusting treacherous attacks. Why Russia should?

Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:25
Originally posted by rider

Dear rider,

I have access to both sources. I live in the US. And unfortunately I see that that the news are distorted not by Russia, but by somebody else.

Why do you think that Russia wants to destroy Georgia? Yes, the Georgian army objects will be attacked, but the Russian army will not beyond the pre-conflict borders of Ossetia.

Why do you turn your eye blind on the treacherous attack on the first day on of the Olympics and the murder of Russian peacekeepers?

Why do you think it's normal and good? Tell me please, why?

Is it just because you think that everything Russia does is wrong?

I don't support "destruction of Georgia" and it won't be destroyed. It's Georgian soldiers who attack Tskhinvalli now and Russian soldiers who defend it not vice-versa.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 09-Aug-2008 at 19:45
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:27
According to the Russian news agencies. Abkhazia attacked Georgian forces in order to assist its "Ossetian brothers."
The Georgian dictator got what he wanted. Unhappy
Σαυρομάτης
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:30
Originally posted by Mortaza

Also, Leonardo. This has no relation with muslim thing. For your info, Georgians are christians and Abkhazia has more muslim than georgia. So You should infact support georgians my friend.. Just a friendly help for a complex situation for you.

I don't support any because I admit I have few informations and I don't trust the medias and, just for your information, I'm not "pro-christians", I'm "anti-islam" or, better said, I'm "anti-islam" in Europe, I dont' care a f**k of Islam outside Europe.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:36

One month? They will probably be kicked out of Ossetia by Sunday night, and not to mention Georgia is about to lose Kodori Gorge in Abkhazia. Saakashvily is the epitome of stupidity...

Related how much cruelty russia will show and how much resistance georgians will show.  I am talking about all georgia not only ossetia. (And I am curious If russia will occupy all georgia.)

Yes, georgia can see harm from this war but Russia absolutely would not benefit from this too. Infact, This is a conflict both side cannot benefit much.(If there is not enough support for georgia.)

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:38
Originally posted by Roberts

Originally posted by Zagros

Excellent news.  South Ossetians have been brutalised by the Georgians with the west turning a blind eye for long enough.  This can be considered as a Russian liberation equivalent to Kosovo.

Not exactly - Russians have always been there from 1991.

Well, how long were western peacekeeprs [instigators] present in Kosovo prior to secession from serbia?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:39

Related how much cruelty russia will show and how much resistance georgians will show.  I am talking about all georgia not only ossetia. (And I am curious If russia will occupy all georgia.)

Yes, georgia can see harm from this war but Russia absolutely would not benefit from this too. Infact, This is a conflict both side cannot benefit much.(If there is not enough support for georgia.)

Russia should be as merciful as the Yanks in Iraq - that is - kill first: ask questions later.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:42

Originally posted by Roberts

Excellent news.  South Ossetians have been brutalised by the Georgians with the west turning a blind eye for long enough.  This can be considered as a Russian liberation equivalent to Kosovo.

Not exactly - Russians have always been there from 1991.

Well, how long were western peacekeeprs [instigators] present in Kosovo prior to secession from serbia?

How can they be peace keepers if they are from Russia. For a real peacekeeping there should be troops from countries which aren't involved, like Finland, Pakistan, Portugal.

The Russian army has been there since 1991 because previously they were Soviet union army, now just renamed to peacekeepers.

Hardly compares with Kosovo.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:43
Originally posted by Leonardo

I don't support any because I admit I have few informations and I don't trust the medias and, just for your information, I'm not "pro-christians", I'm "anti-islam" or, better said, I'm "anti-islam" in Europe, I dont' care a f**k of Islam outside Europe.

Hmm. georgia is in the Europe too. I am sure you had so little knowledge or You would just not write any mesage to this topic.(After all, why someone should write a message If he has no idea about topic.)

Just curiousity. What about bosniaks or albanian.

And more important than all bosniaks and albanians, What about me? I am living at european part of istanbul. Will you be happy If I go anatolian part of istanbul?

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:44
Originally posted by Sarmat12

I really wonder how can you believe the outlandish lies, how the hell did Russia know just hours fter the battle began that 1500 civilians died in georgian shelling, I mean even if they had boots on the ground it will take days to verify the number and if these guys weren't killed by accident of deliberately. Same goes to the "peacekeepers", I mean if they were part of the UN then there should be independent verificiation if they actually died and if that was on purpose or self defense on the part of the georgians.

How can you believe that this is not true? The Russian TV is giving 24 hours direct broadcasting from Tskhinval.  The Georgian regime has already prohibitted the broadcasting of the Russian TV in Georgia because while Russians show the real pictures from the space Georgians show nothing except stupid reports of Georgian military about their victories.

I am watching Russian TV too, for some reason they don't show Gori, wonder why.
Seriously if we want to get real info it certainly wont come nor from Russian media nor from Georgian.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:47

Yes, but the point is that CNN  broadcasting only Georgian view.

Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:50

Russia is not going to occupy Georgia. Russian forces will not move beyond the borders of Ossetia.
And again, Russia wouldn't invervene at all if the Georgian dictator would make his little blietzkrieg in another way. He bears all the responsibility for what is happenning now.

Edited by Sarmat12 - 09-Aug-2008 at 19:51
Σαυρομάτης
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 19:51

Russia should be as merciful as the Yanks in Iraq - that is - kill first: ask questions later.

USA thing is totally unrelated. Firstly, USA is not alone entered iraq. She had a lot allies. Second I am sure, Russia had less experience to hide their crimes..

I should also say, USA image is damaged becase of iraq. Just guess what would become russian image.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>