Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vishnu idol found during excavation in Russian tow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
chimera View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vishnu idol found during excavation in Russian tow
    Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 08:11

Ashok,

"That means Vedic India consisted of:
 Modern India,
Modern Pak,
Modern Afghanistan,
Modern Iran
and Modern Georgia
(particularly the area around Caspian Sea (bahr-e-Khizar) which is called Kashyap Sagar in Hindu Books, Named after a very famous Rishi of vedic India "Kashyap Rishi" who was the first ever architect of the world to make a city Named "KashyapMeer" or modern Kashmeer)".
That is a very significant statement, which I am trying to understand.
It has meaning for Hurrians, Scythians and Cimmerians, and then for eastern Europe Greeks and Celts. Thank you.
chimera
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 16:14
Is it not possible that Vedism might have been the way of life of a small minority in the outlying areas, and the way of life of the majority in the hub of Vedic Civilization?

Somewhat similar to how we have Iran as the hub of Shiism today but little pockets of Shiism in settlements in Iraq[souther iraq] North India[lucknow] and Pakistan[karachi, baltistan]. The Majority relgion might have been something other than Vedism in both Iran and Bharat/India but could have been the majority religion in Northern Pakistan and Eastern Afghanistan 2500 years ago but the minority relgion in Northern India and the Caspian area/West Afghanistan.
chimera View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote chimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 16:22
Yes. Another possibility is the example of Sikhs who combine Islam with Hindu. Zoroaster reformed the Vedic Iranian tradition . And the Catholic Church combined Christian and Roman/Greek traditions. It may be that Vedic teachings were combined with nomadic Scythian tradition, with some of them following Vedas more closely.
chimera
M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 03:47

Mr. Ashok, I want clarification for the following points:

1. About the interpretation of "Caspian sea" with "Khasyapa".

2. Do such philological or etymological interpretation hold good always in all contexts?

3. Do you believe in "race theory", when, the scientists themselves discarded it? Do you remember how Max Mueller retracted his "Aryan hypothesis / theory"?

4. In the context, how you deal with "Aryans" ad "Dravidians"?

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 05:12
Originally posted by maqsad

Is it not possible that Vedism might have been the way of life of a small minority in the outlying areas, and the way of life of the majority in the hub of Vedic Civilization?

Somewhat similar to how we have Iran as the hub of Shiism today but little pockets of Shiism in settlements in Iraq[souther iraq] North India[lucknow] and Pakistan[karachi, baltistan]. The Majority relgion might have been something other than Vedism in both Iran and Bharat/India but could have been the majority religion in Northern Pakistan and Eastern Afghanistan 2500 years ago but the minority relgion in Northern India and the Caspian area/West Afghanistan.

Could say that. Vedism was the main pre Islamic Pakistani religion, Zoroastrianism for Iran, and Hinduism would be the equivalent in "India" I suppose.
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 06:09

I do not know why you harp on this point again and again.

By claiming that "Vedism was the main pre Islamic religion", what you want to achieve?

After 1947, what has been the position of such "Vedism" followed by the Pakistanis with all their pride?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 00:54
hahahah if tell to someone from afghanistan iran or russia he will laugh the crap out of you,LOL indias boundries going so farConfusedLOL
K. V. Ramakrishna Rao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 18:58

I do not think you are serious in the subject matter Mr. aarararararar etc.

Be sincere in our postings when deal with issues in the context.

If you cannot argue properly, you can keep quite, instead making such comments, because, what is appearing here are seen or read by many and we will get exposed what we express.

Edited by K. V. Ramakrishna Rao - 01-Mar-2007 at 18:58
History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
Hick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 22:21
are u kidding me? man you guys make me laugh, where do you get these articles from which have no credible sources.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 12:36
Oh. what happened?
My posting has been hijacked.
ashokharsana View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 06:34
Originally posted by Zagros

Can we take it as an evidence for "India" extending upto those areas or Indians were just living there to leave their artifacts and they are recovered now?

Roman artifacts found in India, does that mean that Rome extended into India? I don't think so. Don't underestimate the fluidity of culture that trade creates.

Thats a point everyone has to agree upon.
Migrants, Traders and travellers who carried their language and culture alongwith could also carry these idols (artifacts) or at least the art of making these Idols.

Edited by ashokharsana - 12-Nov-2007 at 06:34
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2007 at 18:33

A few years back, I had some marble figurines of various ancient Samurai given to me by a friend of mine from Japan which when playing, the children in the house broke and buried it in the back yard .

So I guess in a few years from now, someone might come across it and lay claim that Japanese are the progenitors of my area with perhaps Shinto-ism being our forefathers ancient belief!@? 

lol!

Im sorry to say, that what this article is insinuating is utter falsehood/fantasy!.  Some of the sources of these articles are quite dubious and their seems to be an attempt to distort the true history of the region by claiming that gangetic indian culture spread North and West which is entirely innacurrate and a distortion of history as well as facts. 

What is known and proven, is that Tamil culture from the Southern tip of the state of india (around the state of Tamil Nadu) spread East and South to parts of South East Asia(eg.. Cambodia, Malaysia etc.. )

Gangetic India was never an ''exporter'' of culture, rather quite the opposite, many would say that it was an ''adopter'' / ''hijacker'' of cultures due to the prevailing shame that many gangetic indians had(many would argue this trait still continues hence the posting of such absurb articles and posts on a regular basis) with the arrival foreigners be they Aryan or what not and the subsequent class distinction and seperation of ''colours''(vernas)- (later to develop into hinduism) that they imposed in order to seperate themselves from the people(s) there.  This in essence established a formal system of class distinction and the resultant social and pathological problems associated with it on the people involved.

Gangetic indians where always quick to adopt the ways of outsiders(Iranic, Trans Indus aka Pakistani, Afghans/Bactrian etc.. and concoct 'more socially acceptable'' lineages in an attempt to improve their social standings as well as stature vis-a-vis hinduism and their regions social dynamic.  This process appears to be continuing as the caste system of seperation and the barriers it forms for people(s) belonging to apparently ''lower classes'' is still practised in the modern day republic of india and often trancends religious boundaries.  Infact, in recent years, many of Gangetic india's Christians and Muslims have continued the legacy of their  ethnic cousins and often fabricate foreign lineages to improve their lineages when in reality many simply converted into the more egalitarian montheistic religions of Christianity and Islam.  Its such a shame that people in this day and age are being taught to be ashamed of their roots especially in this era of multiculturalism.

What is known is that Russia had various ethnic groups (Scythians, Vikings, Finno-Ugric peoples, Turkic and later Slavic peoples just to name a few!), one often overrunning the other and over time a common culture developed particularly in and around the region of modern day Moscow which began to excise considerable power in the area and over ran the war-like Tribes such as the Tatars. They would later begin to form the modern Russian state and the development of a common Russian culture and language. Being at the crossroads and in possession of lands involved in the ancient Silk Route and international trade, a considerable amount of goods, merchandise, slaves etc.. criss cross its path.  So much international trade and foreign exotic items traversed its path.

I would hope that moderators and All Empire Forum members would hold to a higher standard and encourage more accurate and FACTUAL discussions/postings rather than propogating false claims particularly of a system of class dicrimination which delegates people as being inferior/superior which I believe we all should reject. 

Despite it all, I did get a good ''chuckle'' when I first read this post!! lol! but seriously guys/gals, lets stick to factual history!

Edited by MarcoPolo - 14-Nov-2007 at 18:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123