Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurkey in Iraq?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkey in Iraq?
    Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 19:52
Originally posted by DayI

Originally posted by Antioxos

Turks Set Cars Alight in Brussels

From the desk of Paul Belien on Wed, 2007-10-24 23:21

Tonight (Wednesday evening) heavy rioting erupted in Turkish quarters of Brussels, the capital of Belgium. Buses and trams were attacked. Several cars were torched and shops destroyed. Police forces were unable to restore law and order in the boroughs of Sint-Joost-ten-Node and Schaarbeek where since last Sunday the animosity among Turks is running high. Turkish flags are omnipresent. In some streets the Turkish crescent and star adorns almost every house.

The Turks anger was provoked by rising tension with Kurds along the Iraqi-Turkish border and by the debate in the American Congress about the Turkish genocide of the Armenians in 1915. On Sunday night Turkish youths in Sint-Joost destroyed the pub of Peter Petrossian, an ethnic Armenian who had to flee for his life. Apparently, some Turks think that by attacking the Armenians in Brussels they can convince the world that the Turks never committed a genocide of the Armenians.

Tonight the youths attacked Kurdish shops. They also set fire to several cars.

Belgiums Muslim population consists mainly of Moroccans and Turks. In the past rioting Muslim youths were mostly Moroccans. The Turkish community is controlled by the Turkish embassy. The latter used to restrain the Turkish population so as not to upset the Belgian authorities and thwart Turkeys chances of EU admission. This policy seems to have changed recently. In Antwerp, too, Turkish youths demonstrated tonight.

The events in Brussels indicate that in admitting large numbers of immigrants Belgium has also imported the ethnic quarrels of the Middle East.

what kind of shit is this? burning cars!!!???

watched news maybe three times about this subject and they anounced NEVER there where car burnings or attacks on buses or trams...

sorry but this article is way too much exaggerated, also what has dutch stabbed kid to do with this subject?

I don t know i just copy it  , I think you have to email to

Edited by Antioxos - 26-Oct-2007 at 19:53

By antioxos at 2007-08-20
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 21:03
     DayI, that report is very believable, I actually read reports last week of some Turkish extremists attacking Armenian businesses in Brussels.

Why is it so surprising to you, the government in Ankara that these extremists defend only uses threats to deal with this issue, so it is not an unusual approach from their angle.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 21:11
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

DayI, that report is very believable, I actually read reports last week of some Turkish extremists attacking Armenian businesses in Brussels.

Why is it so surprising to you, the government in Ankara that these extremists defend only uses threats to deal with this issue, so it is not an unusual approach from their angle.

I know it also they attacked a shop owned by an armenian but burning cars and attacking buses or trams didnt happen, if that did happen it was big news on tv's for the whole year, that writer did exaggerate little too much the situation.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 21:16
That article is ridiculous.

There was an unplanned demonstration by the Turkish community protesting Pkk terrorism, as a result the crowds were dispersed by force and up to 100 youths arrested.

It was not a mass riot like they try to make out in the article.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 22:00

I think that we should keep in mind our responsibilities before posting. We are directly responsible for what we post. We just can't copy everything.

DayI, you can also contact the mod staff If you think that there are misleading posts.

Edited by The Hidden Face - 26-Oct-2007 at 22:37
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 23:15
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

I think that we should keep in mind our responsibilities before posting. We are directly responsible for what we post. We just can't copy everything.

DayI, you can also contact the mod staff If you think that there are misleading posts.

I think , we can  evaluate if the particular information is reliable  or not but  i don't consider that  i have to self censorship because isn't my personal opinion but a published information .

By antioxos at 2007-08-20
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 23:47
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

My quotation of Antioxos's post was only to the article, nothing to antioxos related. The information that the author did gave was utterly wrong, biased with some nationalistic background. You can see that why he adds there unusefull information at the end and that's a big problem out here because of such ridiculous generalisations happens too much.

One maroccan (he carry's dutch or belgian passport) stab's a belgian or an Dutch student and they blaim all the immigrants (or the people who allready lives here with belgian passports like me) for it or like the author did they relate it with riots in Saint Josse (they never use saint joost ten node actually), which is as we say "quelle alaqa?" Confused But happens here too much and works on my nerves.

This point is also a strong propaganda tool for the racistic party here in flanders.

anyway let's go back to the topic.

Edited by DayI - 26-Oct-2007 at 23:48
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2007 at 15:00
The Brussels Journal is a far right journal which is associated to the Vlaams Blok in Belgium.  In fact the writer, Paul Belien is married to a VB MP.  This should answer some of the questions about the exaggerations and some associations made in the article.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2007 at 19:42
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2007 at 20:35
Originally posted by AyKurt

The Brussels Journal is a far right journal which is associated to the Vlaams Blok in Belgium.  In fact the writer, Paul Belien is married to a VB MP.  This should answer some of the questions about the exaggerations and some associations made in the article.

Thanks for the info bro!

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 09:37
I don't think Turkey's main objective is to eradicate PKK, I think Turkey wants to destabilize KRG.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 11:40
Originally posted by Cent

I don't think Turkey's main objective is to eradicate PKK, I think Turkey wants to destabilize KRG. 
For sure this is in their (hardliners) minds, the very existence of the KRG has been somewhat of a political pain, especially since it is quite successful.

The talks have failed now, and I think everyone is waiting see what happens next. AKAIK one of the diplomatic issues is that Iraq cannot do anything without the KRG's involvement.  Turkey refuses to deal with anyone outside of Baghdad, even when Baghdad tells them 'you have to talk to the KRG also'. This has been the case from before and I'm sure nothing changed this time around. This stance i do not agree with, it helps no one. To be fair Barzani's tough talk/reactions just made things worse, lets say he's no diplomat.

Edited by Leonidas - 28-Oct-2007 at 11:42
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 13:39
Originally posted by erkut

Heyy guys watch this Big%20smile

Very goodLOL. Bush's quotes suits perfectly.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 13:42
Originally posted by Bulldog

That article is ridiculous.

There was an unplanned demonstration by the Turkish community protesting Pkk terrorism, as a result the crowds were dispersed by force and up to 100 youths arrested.

It was not a mass riot like they try to make out in the article.

Still it is very stupid to protest violently in Brussels against PKK terrorism.
I fail to see connection here.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 22:20

Oh, man those quotes really do fit perfectly.  Sure puts bush and the US in a rather hypocritical light.  Excellent post erkut.Clap

Edited by Justinian - 28-Oct-2007 at 22:21
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 22:25
But its fine for Pkk an Internationally recognised Terrorist organisation to walk through cities in Belgium and have demonstrations, its fine for them to open propoganda agencies, send the money made through criminal activities to this terror organisation, for wanted terrorists to operate openly...

Now, if your even a suspected member or sympathiser with an outlawed so-called "muslim" blacklisted group you can get locked away 90 days without trial...

And protesting against terrorism, oh that would be fantastic, oh actually only if its against "our terrorists" because those that don't "kill" us are actually great guys ConfusedDead

Its total and utter hypocrisy at its worst and makes a mockery about the so-called war on terror.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 05:51

But its fine for Pkk an Internationally recognised Terrorist organisation to walk through cities in Belgium and have demonstrations, its fine for them to open propoganda agencies, send the money made through criminal activities to this terror organisation, for wanted terrorists to operate openly...

Now, if your even a suspected member or sympathiser with an outlawed so-called "muslim" blacklisted group you can get locked away 90 days without trial...

And protesting against terrorism, oh that would be fantastic, oh actually only if its against "our terrorists" because those that don't "kill" us are actually great guys ConfusedDead

Its total and utter hypocrisy at its worst and makes a mockery about the so-called war on terror.

I understand Turkish unger but still burning cars in Brussels and fighting Belgian police won't help. That will only cause increase of hate in Belgium against Turkish.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 08:27

GOLD! Thumbs%20Up

funny because its true
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 17:39
Originally posted by Majkes

I understand Turkish unger but still burning cars in Brussels and fighting Belgian police won't help. That will only cause increase of hate in Belgium against Turkish.

I do live in belgium, if you read my reply to antioxos you will see where I was talking about. Burning cars did never happen, its a big lie.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 00:27
I see no possible inconvenience within the international law which allows Turkey to make an operation into Northern Iraq within the limits of the aim, the fight against terrorism. If the neighboring state, or their big boss are not willing to help and continue with detaining tactics, then there is no point for seeking "diplomatic" approach to fight terrorism.

However, Turkish governments, have done, irrevocably huge mistakes in the past which are among the causes of the current scene.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>