Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHistory repeats in Gaza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: History repeats in Gaza
    Posted: 29-Nov-2012 at 13:14
Originally posted by Challenger2

Well you've answered a question, but not the one I asked. I put forward a hypothetical case. Put simply, what would Iranians do if a foreign people with, at best, a tenuous connection to Iran came and drove the Iranians out of their homes and off their lands where they and their families had lived for centuries, called their country "Babylonia"  and told them that they could never return?

Presumably,  from your comments, 60 years later the Iranians woul quietly accept that those now born in "Babylonia", the "Babylonians", had a better claim to the land than the disposessed Iranians and they'd quiently just abandon their culture and heritage and assimilate with their surrounding neighbours to become Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis, Turkmenis, etc.

In the real world, the Zionists legally bought about 5% of the land of Palestine and ethically cleansed  or exterminated the people living there to artificially create a Zionist "majority" in their new state, THAT is the crime. 

This thing happened 1,400 years ago when Arabs ceptured Iran and imposed their Islamic culture on Persians, those Persians who wanted to preserve their own Zoroastrian culture had to leave Iran and migrate to India, it can be said the real Iranians are in fact these people who are known as "Parsi".

You should define this is good or bad: Another people expel me from the land where not only me but my parents and grandparents were born? It will just show your bigotry, if you say this is good for this people but bad for another people. You say it was bad about Palestians but it is already good about Israelis!!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 07:58
Originally posted by Rocky

Originally posted by Nick1986

The Arabs were aggressors in 1948, 1967 and 1973 and Israel was within her rights to defend herself. In Gaza, however, it is Israel who is the aggressor. Imagine if, in response to the Troubles, the British expelled all Catholics from Northern Ireland and sent a punitive expedition down south. Such a strategy may have been effective in Cromwell's time, but these days we have the UN which is supposed to protect human rights and would, quite rightly, recognise such acts as an atrocity 

If the Irish surrounded Ulster with missiles, I am sure the British would have launched forces to take out those missile sites. I do not see any problem attacking a territory that is actively engaged in combat with your territory, by their own choice. I realize that the missiles in Cromwell's time came from bows, crossbows and trebuchets, so the comparison would only be valid if the Irish possessed missiles as dangerous as the rockets being used by the Palestinians

They did. And i'm not talking about stones: in addition to homemade bombs the IRA were given rocket launchers and mortars by Gadaffi
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Challenger2 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 09:35
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Well you've answered a question, but not the one I asked. I put forward a hypothetical case. Put simply, what would Iranians do if a foreign people with, at best, a tenuous connection to Iran came and drove the Iranians out of their homes and off their lands where they and their families had lived for centuries, called their country "Babylonia"  and told them that they could never return?

Presumably,  from your comments, 60 years later the Iranians woul quietly accept that those now born in "Babylonia", the "Babylonians", had a better claim to the land than the disposessed Iranians and they'd quiently just abandon their culture and heritage and assimilate with their surrounding neighbours to become Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis, Turkmenis, etc.

In the real world, the Zionists legally bought about 5% of the land of Palestine and ethically cleansed  or exterminated the people living there to artificially create a Zionist "majority" in their new state, THAT is the crime. 

This thing happened 1,400 years ago when Arabs ceptured Iran and imposed their Islamic culture on Persians, those Persians who wanted to preserve their own Zoroastrian culture had to leave Iran and migrate to India, it can be said the real Iranians are in fact these people who are known as "Parsi".

You should define this is good or bad: Another people expel me from the land where not only me but my parents and grandparents were born? It will just show your bigotry, if you say this is good for this people but bad for another people. You say it was bad about Palestians but it is already good about Israelis!!

Sorry, I've read this several times but I'm still unclear as to what you are trying to say here. Are you accusing me of bigotry? If so, can you provide me an example of where you think I've been bigoted?

AFIK the only people to impose an Islamic religion on the Persians were Persians themselves, The safavids. The Arabs were far more relaxed about it. It took 300 years or so for them to convert, and only the fanatic Zoroastrians chose to leave. There were many Zoroastrians in Muslim Iran until the 19th-20th centuries, so Islam was hardly imposed on the Persians. 
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 21:20
Posted a reply in a propriate thread http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28504&PID=686151#686151

Edited by Ince - 30-Nov-2012 at 21:45
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 13:00
Originally posted by Ince

Posted a reply in a propriate thread http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28504&PID=686151#686151

Ince, I just warned el Kurdmanjo about those posts.  I don't see the connection between this thread and the other.

I suggest you repost your ideas here, as they might apply to this thread.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 18:18

the IRA were given rocket launchers and mortars by Gadaffi

Of course that is true Nick.

Can i also say that the IRA were given many more weapons and funds by Americans, the parody between Israel and PIRA does seem rather similar.

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 21:56
Originally posted by Azita

Can i also say that the IRA were given many more weapons and funds by Americans, the parody between Israel and PIRA does seem rather similar.

In the 80's the US was carrying out a terrorist war against central america and it relied on Ireland heavily for intelligence. Ireland's catholic bishops and cardinals had a close relationship central America's, so they gathered intelligence passed it on the Americans and got funding for the republican movement in return.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 22:39
impose an Islamic religion on the Persians were Persians themselves, The safavids. The Arabs were far more relaxed about it. It took 300 years or so for them to convert, and only the fanatic Zoroastrians chose to leave. There were many Zoroastrians in Muslim Iran until the 19th-20th centuries, so Islam was hardly imposed on the Persians. 

I do not wish to get involved in the arguement or anything but this might interest you.

http://everything.explained.at/Hurmizgan/

Hurmizgan (also Hurmuzgan, Hormizgan) is the name of an ancient Kurdish poem written on skin from muslim Arabs attacks era about 13 centuries ago. It was found around Hezarmerd village in Sulaimani province in Iraqi Kurdistan in the beginning of 19th century.

The Kurdish text and its translation in English is as following:

Kurdish(Hawrami Dialect)

Hurmizgan riman, Atiran kujan

Wishan Shardewe gewrey gewrekan

Zorkar ereb kirne xapûr

Ginay paleyi heta Sharezûr

Jin u kenikan we dil beshina

Mêrd aza tli we ruy hwêna

Reweshti Zerdeshtre manuwe bekes

Bezeyika neka Hewrmez we hwichkes.

English translation:

The temples destroyed, the fires were turn off, (killed)

the greatest of the sirs hided himself

Cruel Arabs destroyed

The villages of poor peoples till Sharezur

They enslaved girls and women

brave men dived into their blood

The Zoroastrianism lost its followers

Ahuramazda felt pity on no one.

Edited by Ince - 01-Dec-2012 at 22:49
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 09:05
Originally posted by Azita

Last time i went to the Imperial War Museum they had a captured IRA mortar made from a drainpipe. The bombs were tin cans filled with gunpowder from fireworks
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 11:39

Sorry, I've read this several times but I'm still unclear as to what you are trying to say here. Are you accusing me of bigotry? If so, can you provide me an example of where you think I've been bigoted?

AFIK the only people to impose an Islamic religion on the Persians were Persians themselves, The safavids. The Arabs were far more relaxed about it. It took 300 years or so for them to convert, and only the fanatic Zoroastrians chose to leave. There were many Zoroastrians in Muslim Iran until the 19th-20th centuries, so Islam was hardly imposed on the Persians. 

Do other people have right to expel me from my native land where my parents and grandparents were also born?

You say it was wrong about Palestinians but you support this action against Israelis, so you are bigoted.

Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 14:53

Do other people have right to expel me from my native land where my parents and grandparents were also born?

You say it was wrong about Palestinians but you support this action against Israelis, so you are bigoted.

Point out to me please, where exactly in my posts I have advocated this.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 15:36

I hope I was wrong, but I read this thing from your first post about the conflict between Israelis and Palestinains:

I have no sympathy with the Israelis, after all as they proudly boast to anyone who will listen, they are the only "democracy" in the middle east. They voted for those in power.

I think it shows you support this action against Israelis, doesn't it? 

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 02-Dec-2012 at 15:38
BoPoMoFo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2012 at 00:43

I hope I was wrong, but I read this thing from your first post about the conflict between Israelis and Palestinains:

I have no sympathy with the Israelis, after all as they proudly boast to anyone who will listen, they are the only "democracy" in the middle east. They voted for those in power.

I don't see how having no sympathy for Israel is automatically supporting this action against it, much less supporting the removal of every Israeli who is a second/third generation immigrant from Palestine.

Edited by BoPoMoFo - 03-Dec-2012 at 00:46
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2012 at 04:10
I can also say I have no sympathy with the Gazans, they voted for the terrorists group of Hamas in power, so they deserved what happened against them.
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2012 at 05:00

Does it? I think you've made a wild assumption based on a response to someone else's post  based on no evidence whatsoever; there's a word for that kind of behaviour.

I stand by what I wrote, I have no sympathy for either the people or the Governments they elect.

The overwhelming majority of people who live in Zionist Israel by choice, do so because of their belief in the common goal of a Jews only state in its "ancient homeland" and so are, at the very least active or passive supporters of Zionism, if not outright Zionists themselves. Consequently, if Zionist Israel is really a democracy as it purports to be, then these people bear equal responsibility for the actions of their Government, do they not?
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2012 at 05:07

I can also say I have no sympathy with the Gazans, they voted for the terrorists group of Hamas in power, so they deserved what happened against them.

So I'm a bigot, but you are not?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2012 at 06:29
Like the peoples of all other countries, Israelis have right to decide about their own country, the same thing can be said about Palestine, if this country is formed. The problem is that Israelis have been surrounded by enemies who share the common goal of the destruction of Israel, they have to fight against these enemies and defend their country.
BoPoMoFo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2012 at 04:38

If you think they deserve what happened to them, then you have gone beyond just being unsympathetic to be antagonistic.  Many people have no sympathy either way; they are just indifferent.  And they wouldn't be happy about either side dying.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2012 at 07:07
Yes I am antagonistic against those who become happy when a terrorist attacks an Israeli school bus and kills some schoolchildren, these defenders of terrorism deserved what happen against them. There is a big deffernce between someone who wants to kill an enemy but mistakenly kills a child and someone who wants to a kill a child for tormenting the enemy.
BoPoMoFo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2012 at 07:16

Yes I am antagonistic against those who become happy when a terrorist attacks an Israeli school bus and kills some schoolchildren, these defenders of terrorism deserved what happen against them. There is a big deffernce between someone who wants to kill an enemy but mistakenly kills a child and someone who wants to a kill a child for tormenting the enemy.

You yourself seemed to become happy when Israeli attacked Gazan school children.  And you can't tell us Israelis killed those children without knowing these killings would happen when they fired at civilian residential zones.   And how do you know those killed children were happy when Palestinians killed Israeli children?  You obviously can't know.

Edited by BoPoMoFo - 04-Dec-2012 at 07:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>