Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFayli kurds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fayli kurds
    Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 14:49
I agree, I fight for the Kurds in Diyarbakir to the Kurds in Kermanshah. No difference.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 14:50

When they got Ocalan i was in every demonstration at Stockholm. why?

It didnt have anything to do with ilam or other faylis who live in iraq! I did because he is struggling for our brothers in the north. If my brother gets in troubble i'll help

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 15:00
Hehe, me too. My whole family was there. We're always at demonstrations.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 15:45

Thats the way my brother. Thats the way.

Long live kurdistan and the people of kurdistan.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 15:55

Bakhtiaris are a branch of Lors.

The name Kurd is older than the current ethnocultural Kurdish people, as has been discussed in other forums, the name has its origins from Sumerian times, the Mede nomads who went to the highlands assumed the role of the old Kurds by assimilating them and changing the language and culture. Kurds and Lors can be linked through the Medes.

Kurds in Ilam are Fayli for sure, they can be classed by their language.  also in kermanshah, people don't say they are Fayli or this or that, either Kurd, Lak, Lor or Persian.

Laks are supposed to be a mix of Lori and Kurd.

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:15

Is the facts from the book of izady?

Actually in an article mr izady states that no nomadic people can assimilate an urban/existing civilization, in effect they themselfes get assimilated.i'll find the article and post the link to you.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:16
I think iraqi Fayli and ilami Fayli dresses are all black aren't they? in kermanshahi and other Kurds (and Iranians) all have colourful dresses, I think it has something to do when they were converted to shiism.
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:27

well the old ladies wear atia. U know that they have all the time, sure it is as black as the night. But they dress in all kind of colors otherwise.

If they wear black it's because some near relative has died, or it's ashura.

I'm not expert on this, have visited ilam 6 times till i was 13. Everything else i know, i have been told or read.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:41
Well I heard this from an Ilami guy, he was complaining that their dresses were all black and other Kurds all have bright colours, there is a Kurdish club in this town and many Kurds from all over come, my dad helped a few of them find work and accommodation before he retired.

Edited by Zagros
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:47
why are they losing their language? i thought they are allowed to learn both their language and Parsi in schools?
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 16:55

Mr. Zagros i actually dont know what to say if u like i can ask my father about this subject.

Mr. prsn4life: Yes they are allowed to learn kurdi, and speak it.

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 19:40
Originally posted by Zagros

I know of many who lost everything when they were deported by the baathists.. all of their property and possessions were seized and they were left destitute.

they (the baathists) did the same thing to Persians in Iraq only 9 years before that (?) as retaliation against Iran for siezing back the 3 islands in Persian gulf from the British.

and regarding Faylis forgetting their language.

well it basically has to do with the individuals fault. one has to preserve his or her heritage the best he or she can before being lost forever due to modernization.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 06:05

Man not only kurds. Persians, assyrians, turkmen, arabs, ....

Everyone that didnt think like him, or was against him. We got expelled because of our economic power in baghdad. The same thing the nazis did about the jews. They wanted to seize their property, they needed the money, after all they were going to start a war. Saddam copied the idea.

And yes u are right, it is the individuals own fault, i totally agree.

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 06:48

I believe you got expelled not just for economics, but because of the Saddam regime's racism.

Pan-Arabism and other pan- thing ultra-nationalisms always lead to tragedies like this. A prime example was Germany. Also Serbia. and incase of our region; Iraq under the Baathists.

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 11:49

Also true Mr Alborz.

A note for my brother Mr Zagros.

My dear kurdish brother, i have a little complaint. You see as i have noticed u call uself iranian, and are supposedly proud of the "iranian" heritage. But shouldnt we call ourselfs kurds not iraninans? I live in sweden right now, i havent start to call my self for a swede for that

Misunderstand me in a right way Mr Zagros. Do not forget what they did to the kurds during the times of Khomeini. He declared a fatwa, where it allowed the people to kill kurds and be called for maryrs.

Sure we can speak kurdish down there, but we are not allowed to handle our own affairs. If i lived in iran i would never have the opportunity to go to the university, because i am no iraninan, i am arab Despite the fact that my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles have iraninan citizenship. But here in europe i have gone to university and am an engeenier. My muslim brothers down there wouldnt ever give me that oppurtunity, but i got that oppurtunity here in sweden.

So pls, we should allways refer to ourselfs as kurds, not iranians or iraqis. As i told u before i was born in bagdad, but i would never ever be able to call my self iraqi. I am a kurd from the occupied eastern side of kurdistan, that is what i tell all the people here in sweden.

Pls do not get upset, because i am just trying to view my point.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 12:49

saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:27

So if u r born in afghanistan u should call urself iranian? Or afghani?

That is only the language tree nothing else.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:41
If someone asks me where I am from, I say Iran, if they ask (which they rarely do), what ethnicity, I say mixed Persian/Kurd, my mother is Persian.
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 13:45

Aaahhh, i understand now. U never said that u were of "mixed" origin. But i understand now. I am sorry if i have offended u in any way.

Boakhsham bra.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2006 at 17:51

you foreign kurds kind of disgust me. i consider you people brothers, but you obviously do not give a sh*t about your persian brothers, your tajik brothers, your gilaki brothers, your talyhs brothers, your balouchi brothers, etc...

you think you are the only ones oppressed by this mullah regime! think again my brothers, think again!

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>