Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFayli kurds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fayli kurds
    Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 08:03

Well my family got deported at 1980. Fled to Syria, from there to Iran (Krermashan). And one last jump to Tehran.

Dear mr Zagros yopu seem to have a vast knowledge about many topics as i haveread your comments on slot of subjects. If you live in iran do u know any book about kurdish tribes that u could recommend?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 07:58

I know of many who lost everything when they were deported by the baathists.. all of their property and possessions were seized and they were left destitute.

I don't know what tribe we are originally from because we are too long urbanised, but I know tehre were Lori and Fayli migrations to Kermanshah from the last 4-5 centuries and it is without doubt we have a strong lineage from both.

Edited by Zagros
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 07:36

Hi Alborz!

I myself was born in Baghdad.

My forefathers migrated to Baghdad from pushte-kuh area (Ilam). Exactly when? I have no idea. But it is at least a century ago.

My agenda with this topic is to find as much information about fayli kurds (their tribes, culture, history) as possible and create a legitimate hompage dedicated to fayli kurds. I have found one page that most people refer to but it is not adequate. I havent found any page about fayli tribes. 

So pls help me with this task

Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 05:31

Hello saiwan,

where are you from originally?

here is a little article I found:

The Fayli Kurds
April 1980

Fayli is the name given by Iraqi Arabs to ethnic Kurds descended from immigrants from the Zagros Mountains of Iranian Kurdistan. These people settled mainly in the Baghdad region and in some of the southern cities such as Kut, Basra and Hilla. Over the centuries, Fayli Kurds successfully took on a central role in the commercial, cultural, social and political life of Iraq. Their insistence on retaining their Kurdish identity, their Shi'ite rituals and their predominant adherence to a liberal political agenda led to frequent discrimination by successive Iraqi regimes during the 20th Century.

The Fayli Kurds suffered their worst treatment, however, under the regime of Saddam Hussein. On Monday 7th April 1980, the most prominent figures among the Fayli business community were invited to a 'meeting' at the Baghdad Chamber of Commerce by the Ba'athist regime.

• At the 'meeting' they were detained and deported to the Iranian border. Their families were soon deported as well.
  • Following this, tens of thousands of Fayli Kurds were forced from their homes and expelled into Iran. Most were allowed to take nothing with them. Their property was confiscated and they were stripped of all identity documents.
  • From most families, the younger males were detained in custody. Nothing has been heard of the fate of these young men for over twenty years.

http://www.indict.org.uk/crimedetails.php?crime=Kurds

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2006 at 04:25

I to am a Fayli. From Khezel tribe from my fathers side and zuri from my mothers side.

I am trying to gather information about faylies and their tribes.

Well i have read izady's book, but i do not believe in his explanation about faylis origin. That we are parthians and originally come from east side of caspian see. I think the name fayli is a new phenomena, maybe as old as 300 or at highest 400 years old.

Thats not the issue, i hoped we could discuss fayli tribes. Their names and placement. I would need help with this. apriciate al help.

Khodahafez

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 17:04

I am Fayli from Kermanshah.

Fayli are Shie and the name Fayli is the Arabised word Pahli, from Pahlavi, ie Parthians.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 16:16
You look like Cent 
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
saiwan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2006 at 16:00

Hello everyone!

I would love to start a discussion about fayli kurds. The questions are as follows:

1.Who are the Fayli kurds?

2.Which tribes do belong to these kurds?

3.Why are they called Fayli kurds?

Would be nice to discuss these subjects. I'll be happy to read the answers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910