Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran Israel Alliance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran Israel Alliance
    Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 01:11
Originally posted by mamikon

wait...exactly why  Iranians and Arabians dislike each other. And do Iranians consider themselves as Persians heritage or  Arab heritage? (Probably the former I just wanted to  make sure).

Howcome Iran became muslim, but Armenia and Byzantium did not? (or why did Armenia and Rome/Byzantium become Christian while Persians did not)

Iranis have Aryan Heratige and are often called Persians. They are not Arabs who are semetic.
Most of the Byzantine territories are majority muslim now, eg Syria Egypt Anatolia, Byzantium (Istanbul) itself.

The sassanid persians were quite anti-christian as they were continually fighting the christian Romans, but why people choose or don't choose to convert to a religion is probably different for each person.

Edited by Omar al Hashim
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 01:15
I mean, although a small nation, Armenia remained Christian throught the Arab invasions. Howcome Persia, with its large territory and population did not stay faithful to Zoroastrism (I spelled it wrong, but give  me a break its 1 AM here), maybe it got old

Edited by mamikon
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 01:52
Difficult question. You would probably have to look into culture, politics, economics and each persons thoughts to know a true answer.
The sassanids had an old empire that was offically zoroastrian, so chances are that alot of the population were disenfranchised with their religion and government with its endless warmaking against the Romans (as often happens at the end of empires and dynasties). So when Islam came along most persians probably were jumping at the opportunity for reform and change, embracing Islam. I also think it requires a much greater leap of faith to be a Parsi than it does to be a muslim.

I know in the Byzantine lands the various Churches had been arguing with each other over the most silly things, and the Church decleared most of the middle eastern Christians heretics just after they were conquered, and Islam was created to set the people back to the teaching of Jesus and the other prophets.

Modern Armenia wasn't under Arab rule I believe, but Azerbaijan was, and Azerbaijan is muslim. So Armenia had hundreds of years to develop prejudeces about Islam while the Azerbaijanis and Iranis were introduced to when the only way to learn about Islam was to learn the truth. Also Armenians probably have a national idenity as Christians, as in we're not like those guys 50k's away because we're christian and their muslim.

I'm just guessing but

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 02:54

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Worshiping fire was so popular everyone abandoned it in droves, its a chemical reaction!

Fire is a chemical reaction that is true, but kaaba is just a piece of stone covered by a piece of black cloth! Then why do you bend over 5 time a day facing it and worship it

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 03:26
It is just stone covered by cloth.
Your not worshipping the Kaaba, your worshipping God, who created fire and all chemical and nuclear reactions.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 03:46
Originally posted by mamikon

I mean, although a small nation, Armenia remained Christian throught the Arab invasions. Howcome Persia, with its large territory and population did not stay faithful to Zoroastrism (I spelled it wrong, but give  me a break its 1 AM here), maybe it got old

Quite simple: Islam respects (more or less) the religions of the Book (the Bible), that is Christianity and Islam. This is logical because it was born in Western Arabia, where Christian and Jewish presence was strong. Islam itself is concieved as descendant of those religions and thus, the same that Christians respected (more or less) Judaism, Islam respected its ancestors.

But Islam does not respect any other religion and, while it may be more or les tolerant with non-Abrahmanic beliefs, depending on circumstances, it's much more likely that these are aput on the spot of religious intolerance.

Also Islam favors the enslavement of non-believers, what may exclude Judeo-Christians but does not have to exclude other major faiths, like Zoroastrianism or Hinduism, for instance.

Without doubt the pressure upon Zoroastrians was stronger than upon Christians to convert. Yet, this backfired because Zoroastrian converts adhered massively to the Shia faction, creating the first major division within Islam.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 04:02
Originally posted by Maju

But Islam does not respect any other religion and, while it may be more or les tolerant with non-Abrahmanic beliefs, depending on circumstances, it's much more likely that these are aput on the spot of religious intolerance.

Also Islam favors the enslavement of non-believers, what may exclude Judeo-Christians but does not have to exclude other major faiths, like Zoroastrianism or Hinduism, for instance.

Without doubt the pressure upon Zoroastrians was stronger than upon Christians to convert. Yet, this backfired because Zoroastrian converts adhered massively to the Shia faction, creating the first major division within Islam.

Maju, a repeat of the Jihad thread? Islam permits anyone to follow whichever religion they want. To claim that there was more pressure on Zoroastrians than Christians is to forget that the Christians converted too.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 04:57

The sassanids had an old empire that was offically zoroastrian, so chances are that alot of the population were disenfranchised with their religion and government with its endless warmaking against the Romans (as often happens at the end of empires and dynasties). So when Islam came along most persians probably were jumping at the opportunity for reform and change, embracing Islam.

That is my opinion too, and i have often used Armenia as an example, infact Arabs later on preferred less converts so they could get more jiziah.  Another interesting point that i have read is that 20% of the population was still Zaroastrian until the Safavids forced mass conversion to shiitism.  Having said that, not all regions "embraced" with a few major cities, particularly in Afghanistan, reverting to Zaroastrianism and having to be reconquered.

ZAroastrrians do not worship fire, fire is merely sacred, they weree the first to belive in one god, they prayed five times a day and many concepts of their religion passed to islam and other Abrahamic faiths.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 04:58
Zaroastrianism is actually considered a religion of the book.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:18

I think persians who get rid of mollah looks like young turks.

They think, If  they get rid of mollah (like young turks) everything will be fine.But   most probably a lot problem will rise with the downfall of mollah, like turkish  and kurdish nationalism, a lot new conflict ext.

They also belittle mollah(again young turks), but Infact mollah are doing not such bad job, they are against Israel, not because of their religion, but because of national interest, they support christian armenians against muslim(shia) azeris(most probably nearest ethnic to iran), and they have no problem with working russia.

this Mollah also pressure turkish and kurdish nationalism, Infact they are asimilating azeris.

If I am  persian, last  thing I wish,would be to try islamic iran. Maybe 50-100 year laters, but not now.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:33

I know in the Byzantine lands the various Churches had been arguing with each other over the most silly things, and the Church decleared most of the middle eastern Christians heretics just after they were conquered, and Islam was created to set the people back to the teaching of Jesus and the other prophets.

Was created to set the people back to the teaching of Jesus?Back from where?The churches may were on dispute from time to time during the late Byzantine period,but that mainly due to politics not religion.If some Christians or Christian priests abandonded His teachings,it does not mean that the whole body of Church abandoned it to.His teaching were always inside Christianity.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:42
 @Omar al Hashim & mamikon: Have you read all post from first one

Worshiping fire was so popular everyone abandoned it in droves, its a chemical reaction!

Please Don't speak when you don't know anything about Zartosht

The sassanid persians were quite anti-christian as they were continually fighting the christian Romans,

People correct me please, Which of Sassanid vs Roman wars was about religion???

So when Islam came along most persians probably were jumping at the opportunity for reform and change, embracing Islam. I also think it requires a much greater leap of faith to be a Parsi than it does to be a muslim.

Again, have you read my post in first page??

Your not worshipping the Kaaba, your worshipping God, who created fire and all chemical and nuclear reactions.

Well, I suggest,  lets pray around Bushehr reactor (Joke)

Originally posted by Maju

Islam respects (more or less) the religions of the Book (the Bible), that is Christianity and Islam. This is logical because it was born in Western Arabia, where Christian and Jewish presence was strong. Islam itself is concieved as descendant of those religions and thus, the same that Christians respected (more or less) Judaism, Islam respected its ancestors.

Jews weren't very respectful for Islam even at Mohammad life time,
I've read Mohammad killed all Bani gharize or same for nabi nazir tribe people.
I hope, I didn't have light up flame war

Others responced by Zagros, Thank you
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 05:48
Crazy world
Here we have Turks whom disagree alliance with Israel, But their goverment agree.
& so Here we have Iranian whom agree alliance with Israel, But their goverment disagree..stamble();
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:01

Crazy world
Here we have Turks whom disagree alliance with Israel, But their goverment agree.
& so Here we have Iranian whom agree alliance with Israel, But their goverment disagree..stamble();

hehe  well said, about turks, not true about iranians. who  said iranians are pro-israel?

Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:10
@Mortaza:
only about AE forumers & not for all Iran or Turkey nationstamble();
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:12

oh sorry, yep.  you  are right  about this.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:18

not many Iranians like israel not even majority. only those who have half knowledge about their own history and ignorant about the Israeli/Palistinian Issue.

their hate to the iranian Ruling system made them hate Arabs and Islam and made them feeling towards other groups which hate Islam and Arabs as well. groups such as Israelis.

since this topic isn't about "Current International Relations" i'll move this thread to historical amusement forum.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:26
Originally posted by azimuth

since this topic isn't about "Current International Relations" i'll move this thread to historical amusement forum.

Nice move!   
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:33

Why move it to historical amusement? This alliance was a historical FACT, and aside from that it is a valid discussion of international relations. Should the mullah regime fall, it would not be an outlandish event... As Mortaza pointed out national interest outweighs religion (Iran supporting Christian Armenia against Shiite FSR Azerbaijan during Azerbaijani Mullah's tenure in Iran).

Turkey right now is an ally of Israel, do most Turks support this alliance? I am not sure but they do what is int heir national interest.

The Guardian View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote The Guardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 06:41
Originally posted by Miller

Originally posted by The Guardian

Iran is full of muslims!Muslims get an islamic revulution!Which is why Iran is not a christian state today, or any other, they are muslim. the vast majority of Iran is muslim.  One of my sources can be seen below:

Religious affiliations

Shiite Muslim93 percent
Sunni Muslim6 percent
Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, and Baha'i1 percent

Yes, and 99% of the Soviets were listed as Communist in 1985

What is your point. Is it that 99% of Iranians have freely selected Islam as their religion and actually believe in it

May I see your reliable source then?As I said, an Islamist nation gets an Islamic revolution, not a christian one

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>