Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian, Turkic, Causcasian Language Grou

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian, Turkic, Causcasian Language Grou
    Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 03:10
Found these a while ago, wanted to post it here give some people understanding

Turkic Language GroupLink

Caucasian Language GroupLink

Iranian Language GroupLink

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 07:06
Thanks for this: it just shows that people who claim land over language language rights are ignorant as they never take into account other peoples living in a region.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 11:11
and by this what do you mean?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 11:19
what i said.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 12:22
"people who claim land over language language rights"

Balochi-Iran,Kurd-Iran/Irak/Turkey,Turks,Iranians, Georgia-Turkey, Armenia-Turkey ?

What really bug's me is 'Indo-Persian' idea because it seems to be more political than anything, if you look at the maps persian is exclusive to the area shown above and perhaps if you put in the scynthians it goes around the black sea also.. and thats it. But turkic languages stretch further across the globe, Im pretty sure that further research on the area's in Russia will show more population than shown on that map.

Now if persian had been a dominant language it would be more wide'ly spoken, but it isnt, I dont know Im not a linguist.. maybe all the well, any linguist here want to explain this situation? and pls no racist comments
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 12:42

What I meant is that it is ignorant to plainly say area x belongs to people x becxause of language when there may be millions of people y also living int he same area. it was a general statement.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 12:52

And no, Iranian languages are not a political invention, Iranian languages have distinct similitarities which has led LINGUISTS and not NATIONALISTS to group them into one family. 

Persian is a dominant language. Dari/Tajiki/Farsi are mutually comprehensible and are essentially the same language, they are spread from almost the furthest West to the furthest East shown on teh map above.

And I don't know how you can be sure that evidence exists showing Turkic people were more widespread than already known when there is hardly even any circumstantial evidence for it.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 14:13
No area belongs to any-one, we live, work the land, produce, care for it defend it and then die on it.. thats all..

As for turkic, look at the map, it stretches from east asia to the middle east, and part europe.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 14:23
adding to my post, I said please no racist arguments..

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 15:15

where was i racist I was only stating it is ignorant to claim land as belonging to x or y based on whatever. Further, with regard to Turkic I said what is already known. I didnt expect u to take exception to what i said.

niceone928 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote niceone928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:08

The word racist is just another way for the communists too shut us up.  Eveeryone in some degree or another is racist.  I'm a nationalist, if you have read some of my posts, it's obvious.  I don't mind being called.  Zagros, as I can tell from your eyes and nose, your persian.  (you have the same eyes and nose as my ex persian girlfriend). 

We shold always remember that race and language don't always have a coorellation.  Are Dominicans Spanish?  NOOOOO  Are hatians French?  NOOOOOOOO.  Race matters, don't fool yourselves people.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:12

niceone what is your superior race?

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:14
Originally posted by baracuda

No area belongs to any-one, we live, work the land, produce, care for it defend it and then die on it.. thats all..

Well, I don't know about you, but I paid a very painful amount of money for half a hectar last year, and that land BLOODY BELONGS to me!

(I know, of course, that one day I will become fertiliser, but my offsprings will take over...)
CARRY NOTHING
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:15
Originally posted by niceone928

Race matters, don't fool yourselves people.

Especially Formula-1 race!
CARRY NOTHING
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 07:56

that is not me, I fail to see how you can descern she is persian.

you can find me on this page: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=435& PN=1&TPN=11

I guess your PMs will stop now

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 08:10

The word racist is just another way for the communists too shut us up

Communists did a righ thing. Some of their ideas are really sensible.

What I meant is that it is ignorant to plainly say area x belongs to people x becxause of language when there may be millions of people y also living int he same area. it was a general statement.

I totally agree. And I dont think Zagros was being anu racist at all. No need to get paranoid.

But anyway, Anatolia belongs to me, you can share anywhere else...

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 10:57

This map is relatively correct, although its dated 1999 during the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.  Kabul is a multilingual town, and Dari and Pashto are both used interchangeably in business, while Dari is more predominate.  Also southwest of Kabul, in the province of Wardak, the province is primarily Pashto speakers.

I find this map to be much better:

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 09:31
Originally posted by Afghanan

This map is relatively correct, although its dated 1999 during the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.  Kabul is a multilingual town, and Dari and Pashto are both used interchangeably in business, while Dari is more predominate.  Also southwest of Kabul, in the province of Wardak, the province is primarily Pashto speakers.

I find this map to be much better:

The 1st map you sent is not entirely true, around the Van lake there are Turkish speaking isolated areas, Van Agri and Bitlis(Tatvan) is not entirely Kurmanji speaking. In the north of Aras river there are only some small Kurmanji settlements, North of Aras is mostly Azeri Turkic speaking. In the western coast of the Van lake only in the shore there are Turkic speaking areas the rest is Kurdicized. Kurmanji is also spoken in the areas located westward from the Firat River towards Mediterranean Coast and into inner Anatolia but it is a result of recent immigrations after 1950s. Zaza speaking are is not so expanded but there are many isolated Zazxa speakers among Kurmanji spoken Areas.. That map seems to me a little wrong , if wanted I can e-mail you the true one.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2005 at 12:05
I didnt post the first map, Baracuda did.  I was simply correcting the Afghan region part of the map, I know Im being rather nitipicky, but in a general term these maps are alright, but as a person who is from an area that is marked incorrectly, it doesnt make me feel any more confident about its accuracy.
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply