Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreece+Serbia vs Turkey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece+Serbia vs Turkey
    Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:44
sorry to break it to you but Turkey has many more advanced weapons and more quantities of Planes, tanks, soldiers and pretty much everything else than do Greece and Serbia put together. 
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:51
all Turkey has to do is unleash its superior air force and bomb all communication systems in Greece.... the rest is pretty much left to infantry and ground troops
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:53
Present a list of how many F-16's, what artillery, ships, tanks ...........

That is how this discussion should go, no one cares about what you or I think. In this case only weapons talk. So name them or close this ridiculous topic.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 00:00
look that up in CIA country factbook

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 00:06
 Turkey spends more than twice as much as Greece on its military plus they have American airbases so they must have gotten military compensation for that as well. Plus the army of Turkey is much bigger than that of Greece because obviously its population is almost 70 million almost 7 times that of Greece. Note im not even including Serbia into this discussion because their economy as well as military are in ruins so they would make very little impact in this scenario.
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 00:14
vulkan02

I don't see what is so hard for you to understand????

I give you one gun and we are 50 against you with slingshots, who will win????
Of course the one with the advanced tehnology, YOU.

Look up European military budget!!!!!
CIA mentions NOTHING, only manpower, which is totally irrelevant.
If you can't provide a list of how many F-16's and the exact block type, ask!!!!  Some of us can present FACTS, if you don't know the number of Corsairs, again ASK, ships, air to air and air to ground missiles, tank types.....

As I said that is what was is all about.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 00:25
im not gonna look it up now but when i do ill tell you. Although i think its pretty obvious that if you spend more, got more population and are close friends with Americans your military is going to be more modern than that which doesn't have this things duh. lol this is a historical amusement forum so I included only Greece+Serbia vs. Turkey but u took it too seriously and started involving EU lol.
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 00:58

sorry.. these numbers are from year 2000, and i don't have Serbia, but I don't think they'll make much difference

Greece vs Turkey

population(millions) 10 vs 66
military(thousands) 159 vs 609
reserve(thousands) 291 vs 378.7

2nd gen tanks 1021 vs 1329
old tanks 714 vs 2876

destroyers 4 vs 0
frigates 12 vs 22

modern fighters 156 vs 240
old fighters 287 vs 226

military spending($ billions) 5.89(2004) vs 12.155(2003)

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 02:38
so your conclusion is ??? those fighters in my opinion would turn the tide for Turkey but i couldn't possibly see Greece winning the war as it would be nearly impossible for them reaching Ankara in any scenario favoring the Greeks.
esadbodur View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 06:12

turkey can sink greek with the pee of 70 million also turkish republics in asia can help it is funny to argue this we must think about US turkey war

Edited by esadbodur
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 10:03

Look at it objectively please.greece is also very powerfu in aaircrafts

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 11:08

Ok, I know that it's for amusement only, but the Greek plans to counter Turkish offensives in any island (populated ones, not rocks in the sea) are based on the following assumptions:

Assumption 1: We have lost aerial superiority. If Turks concentrate their aerial power only in one area, Greek airforce will withdraw and attack somewhere else (various options) to gain a bargaining card and  inflict maximum damage instead of engaging in fruitless dogfights. Islands are sufficiently supplied to defent for a few days by themselves, without any reinforcements from the mainland in troops or materials.

Assumption 2: inflict as many casualties at the beaches and then withdraw the army to the interior, cutting communications and destroying roads. After 5-6 days of fighting NATO and EU will interfere and the fight will stop. As long as there is some Greek army present in the island it cannot be considered as occupied.

Assumption 3. Impossible for Turks to penetrate from Thrace. Instead, Greek mechanized troops, with support from air, can rappidly advance in Eastern Thrace plains and gain ground. Turkish tank forces in the area are far inferior to Greek counterparts. Gained ground in Thrace can/will be used to bargain against a possible lost island and return to the pre-war borders.

Of course all these are on paper (and made public) and there're many things that can (usually will) not go as planned

What is certain, is that both people will suffer and the only ones who will benefit are the arms dealers

Edited by Yiannis
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 11:11

What is certain, is that both people will suffer and the only ones who will benefit are the arms dealers

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 11:58

I think technology isnt the most important factor in winning a war. Humanity witnessed it lots of times throughout history.

In such a war, which would really be an example of historical amusement, it is sure that Turkey would succeed. Population is the most important factor to me, and Turkey has a massive young population ready for any war, especially with Greece, since Greece is recognized as an external threat for Turkey.

To invade Turkey is nearly impossible, like to invade Iran, since most of Anatolia is too mountainous, to reach central Anatolia and Eastern Anatolia is very hard, Turkish army is one of the most powerful and well equipped, and especially experienced armies all over the world, and military is compulsory in Turkey. Also our air forces are too powerful, but i cant say the same thing for our navy, since navy and sea wariorship have always been the weakest link in Turkic militaries.

Turkey has a young, increasing population of 70 million, about 7 times of Greek population, which isnt that young and ready for a war. Also Turkish military has its war traditions and experience of thousands of years, even the words and degrees of military are the same with the system Maodun (Mete Han, a Turkic khan, who ruled Xiong Nu from 201 B.C. until 174 B.C.), Turkish military have been active with dealing with PKK and other stuff, and it is very effective on Turkey and Turkish citizens since it was another Turkic state tradition since ancient times.

About technology, military spending and amount of military stuff, Turkey is again adventageous. In EU, countries usually seperate the biggest amount of national incomes for welfare and health/ education etc., but in Turkey, this is for military. And Turkish army is really well equipped and always populated, ready with the compulsry military missions.

I dont even think I have to mention Serbia as a significant enemy, since they are celebrating the only important war that they won against Ottomans with the help of Russians every years as a national braveary day. And they try to prove themselves not being inferior by destroying old Ottoman bridges and castles. But I am sure that serbia would surrender after two Turkish troops arrive in Belgrad.

Finally, to mention the national unity in Turkey isnt necessary at all. I wonder what would be the reaction of the Turkish population against some Greek soldiers moving to Istanbul from the Greek border, who reacted as creating a patriots army of tens of thousands of Turks in the middle street of Trabzon (Trebizond), a city with a big minority populations, against some people trying to deliver PKK supporter papers, in a couple of minutes. And after a public anouncment of a war btw Turkey and Greece, repeating this clause: "the invader Greek forces ancestors killed your grandfathers and grandmothers", we can be sure that all Turks who can get any kind of knife or sharpened object to his hand would run to the battlefield to die as "shehit"s and go to Heaven...

Edited by Oguzoglu
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 01:14
Originally posted by Yiannis

Assumption 3. Impossible for Turks to penetrate from Thrace. Instead, Greek mechanized troops, with support from air, can rappidly advance in Eastern Thrace plains and gain ground. Turkish tank forces in the area are far inferior to Greek counterparts. Gained ground in Thrace can/will be used to bargain against a possible lost island and return to the pre-war borders.

How are Turkish tank forces in the area far inferior than Greece??... even if they don't have the newer tanks there , they can simply be driven there. Such air support would  only be available if somehow the Turkish airforce is miracously destroyed ...
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 08:40
How are Turkish tank forces in the area far inferior than Greece??... even if they don't have the newer tanks there , they can simply be driven there. Such air support would  only be available if somehow the Turkish airforce is miracously destroyed ...

Well, the Leo 2, Leo 1, Marders, BMP-1, Leonidas,the Apache and the artilery are far superior to anything Turkey has deployed on the other side of Evros river ready to attack.
Add the Hellinic SAM-barrier and Evros can't be penetrated by air either.
Add that,
France and Hellas have agreed that Athens would be provided access with the Helios-2 satellite. So everything is "visible" (if you get what I mean)
If you add to the above, the fact that there is only 1 route towards Trace and then Thessaloniki, it makes the passage from Evros very difficult if not impossible.

I've heard all about our equipment, population..... NO ONE mentioned the Kurds (which are the major reason you have a high budget), Armenians and why not? Iran. What happens when you attack and have these guys bringing up hell behind you???

Someone said "my enemy's enemy is indeed my friend and ally"
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 08:56

Originally posted by Phallanx

Add that, France and Hellas have agreed that Athens would be provided access with the Helios-2 satellite. So everything is "visible" (if you get what I mean)

So true!! i read about the Helios-2 satelite and looks like an important factor for Greek military.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2005/may/05_10_4.html

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 12:20
Originally posted by Aeolus

Add that, France and Hellas have agreed that Athens would be provided access with the Helios-2 satellite. So everything is "visible" (if you get what I mean)

So true!! i read about the Helios-2 satelite and looks like an important factor for Greek military.

And we have the satellite Turksat...

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 13:49
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by Aeolus

And we have the satellite Turksat...

Soon another will be there (forgot the name )

OUT OF LIMIT
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 18:31
im not involving Armenia, Iran, Kurds or anyone else in this historical amusement forum. you keep bringing up other nations . this is just serbia+Grece vs Turkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>