Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaza flotilla activists or terrorists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaza flotilla activists or terrorists?
    Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 16:56
Is this the only time this has happened in 3 years? Surely other vessels have been borded and stopped and searched. Did no other crews fight back before? Why this one, and why now?
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 17:02
Originally posted by DreamWeaver

If I attack a man with a gun and he shoots me.
Concious descision, fight back or not, possibility of getting shot or not.

There were, however, no guns involved on the side of the crew. Even according to the Israeli's, the crew resisted with things that were available to them, as the ship did not carry any weapons, such as poles and chairs.

Originally posted by DreamWeaver

Is this the only time this has happened in 3 years? Surely other vessels have been borded and stopped and searched. Did no other crews fight back before? Why this one, and why now?

Good question, dont know.

-------------------------------

Updates:

• Well, the propaganda machine and the Israeli lobby AIPAC have once again successfully lied to the American public. The news here is reporting that it was Israel that was attacked and the Israeli's acted in self defense. Also according to the media here, the flotilla consisted of terrorists.
  • In other news, the United States prevented any condemnation of Israel at the UN, and is attempting to prevent the UN from conducting an investigation into the incident.
  • Israel still refuses to give any information on the incident, and refuses to release the full footage of what happened, simply showing footage in the middle of Israeli troops landing on the boats and nothing more, not what happened before and not the Israeli troops shooting the civilians. According to some sources, the Israeli's fired first from boats prior to landing on the ships.

All this censorship by Israel and the attempt to prevent and international independent investigation simply confirms that there is something Israel wants to cover up.

Israeli's celebrating the attack in front of the Turkish embassay:

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 01-Jun-2010 at 17:13
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 17:43
Also, surely if the vessel was stopped, as assumedly others have been in the past otherwise its been a very long and dull blockade, the ships would have been turned around and sent back. Israeli commando's would still have borded but not gunned people down. The shooting stems from the resistance of the crew (irrespective of the Isreailis being the agressors or not and their right to be there or not). If the crew didnt resist then they knew they would merely have been turned away. Why did they therefore resist? The jig was up, they had bee caught by the Israeli's who had the ability and resources to stop the flotilla. The matter could have been resolved much more peacefully, as assumedly it has been in the past. Is it only the resistance of the crew that makes this different with a violent ending?

Maximus Germanicus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Maximus Germanicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 01:08
 If Turkey sends warships and the IDF attacks them, then what--That is an attack on NATO then NATO would be compelled to act--I hope Israel isn't that dumb

While I support Israel in general they make some bonehead PR moves
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 02:51
It seems those passengers were more dangerous than Palestinain terrorists, I think those who have been survived, should be legally tried too, read it:

The Israeli naval commando who was hurled from the upper deck of a Gaza-bound ship -- and later jumped into the sea to save his life -- yesterday described the harrowing ordeal of being attacked by knife-wielding "peace activists."

"Everyone wanted to kill us," the officer, identified only as "Captain R.," said from his hospital bed in Haifa, where he was recovering from a stab wound to the stomach and other injuries.

He was the commander of an elite team of marines on a mission to halt the Mavi Marmara early Monday, and the second man to rappel down a rope from his Black Hawk helicopter to the top-deck roof of the ship.

"One of the guys from my group was already down there, and there were a few people on him. It started off as a one-on-one fight, but then more and more people started jumping us," he said. "Dozens of people beat each soldier on the roof."

He said he was forced to go for his handgun.

"I was in front of a number of people with knives and clubs. I cocked my weapon when I saw one of them coming towards me with a knife drawn and I fired once. Then another 20 people came at me and threw me down to the deck below," Captain R. said.

"Then I felt a stabbing in the stomach. It was a knife. I got the knife out, then somehow got down to the lower deck. There was another mob of people," he told reporters.

By that point, more commandos had arrived on the upper deck and seized control of the ship. But the lowest deck, where he was, remained in the hands of the attackers.

"Another solder and I managed to get out of there and jump into the water," he said.

Captain R. disputed earlier accounts that only a few dozen of the 600 pro-Palestinian activists took part in the violence. He said at least three quarters of those aboard were involved, "each one with a knife in his hand."

He gave his account as Israeli brass tried to defend themselves in the face of bitter foreign denunciations of the raid, which killed nine passengers -- as well as sharp domestic criticism of the way what should have been a police action turned into a high-risk operation by an outnumbered team of commandos.

Captain R. admitted that his men were stunned by what they encountered on the top deck of the Mavi Marmara.

"Though [those on the boat] wanted to break the Gaza blockade, we thought we'd encounter passive resistance, perhaps verbal resistance. We didn't expect this," he said. "We encountered terrorists who wanted to kill us and we did everything to prevent injury."

Captain R. said his soldiers adhered to the values they studied, including the Israeli code known as "Purity of Arms," in which forces show humanity toward the enemy, try not to harm noncombatants, and carefully use their weaponry only to the extent it is needed.

A top Israeli navy commander said the lesson to be learned was to avoid being outnumbered next time.

"We boarded the ship and were attacked as if it was a war," he told The Jerusalem Post. "That will mean that we will have to come prepared in the future, as if it was a war."

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 02-Jun-2010 at 02:58
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 03:10

why not? dont they have right to protect theirself?

They are not as professional as israel soldiers. They tried to protect their ship with unprofessional ways and israel soldiers killed them. In reality, Israel treates as somalian pirates without their mercy.

It seems those passengers were more dangerous than Palestinain terrorists, I think those who have been survived, should be legally tried too, read it:

It is interestiong that you love to choose objective sources for your argument. Anyway, who died?

"We boarded the ship and were attacked as if it was a war," he told The Jerusalem Post. "That will mean that we will have to come prepared in the future, as if it was a war."

we boarded ships? So they are invited by people for holidays but they are ambushed? they are tried to occupy a ship. "It is not we boarded ship for holiday."

Anyway, It looks like israel was ready for war not civilians. (or do israel soldiers have clubs and civilians had guns?) Ironic:)

kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 04:59
Originally posted by Maximus Germanicus

If Turkey sends warships and the IDF attacks them, then what--That is an attack on NATO then NATO would be compelled to act--I hope Israel isn't that dumb

While I support Israel in general they make some bonehead PR moves
this time it is surely one such a big bonehead PR.Smile
anyway who knows maybe their attention in the begining was only make a movie like army propaganda video-clip to show the POWER of IDF   , but every thing totaly went wrong when they met such a hard resistance and become beaten by unarmed crewShocked and finnished by disaster when they were forced to shoot their way out of the situation. one should never understimate the  unarmed pacifistsLOL
anyway now antisemites all around the world have such a nice argument to say how the semites are savage and barbarianClap and they do not respect human right and kill unarmed peopleDisapprove
SAMAD-AGHA
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 05:39

Yeah Mortaza they do have the right to defend themsleves, bringing a club to a gun fight though, not a great idea.  But the question still remains. This blockade has been for 3 years, why this one, why now? Have there been no incidents in the past, or is it  a case that the deaths of 30 people are more noteworthy than say the death or wounding of one or two.

(I dont intend to use Bold but the buttons on the reply page are currently jammed)

Edited by DreamWeaver - 02-Jun-2010 at 05:40
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 06:12
Please answer these questions.
  • Hey Cyrus, do you also use Nazi German sources to study World War II.
  • Do you use Iranian regime sources regarding the 2009 uprisings/Green Movement (according to the Iranian government they were terrorists, and the Basiji's used self defense when they killed protesters).
  • Do you use Chinese government sources to study the Tienanmen Massacre?
  • Do you use Hamas sources to study the Israeli Palestinian conflict?
  • Do you use Soviet sources to study Soviet history?
Thanks.

Oh by the way, if these civilian's were terrorists, why is Israel letting them all go? Why is Israel not providing any evidence of their links to terrorism? ITS BECAUSE THEY ARENT TERRORISTS.

@ DreamWeaver: thats irrelevant, this time the Israeli's chose to kill people. The illegality of this event has no relation to past events, its still illegal, whether it happened in the past or not.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 02-Jun-2010 at 06:17
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 06:32
Actually it is relavent. If they've shot people in the past (anyone know?) and they have done it now then the two are ultimately connected, its all part of the same process, the continuation of a crime. Blinkers just dont suddenly descend on the situation.

Also if they have shot people in the past, then we are all massive hypoctris for condemning them now over this one action but not for past ones. Is the death of 30 somehow more important than the death or wounding of a few?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 07:08
Israel gets away with things like this all the time, and with the help of my government, the United States, it looks like its gonna get away with another crime again. Things like this have happened in the past, and there has always been outrage, but this time its different in that this was an multi-national flotilla which was carrying humanitarian aid to a blockade which after three years has become very unpopular world wide.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 07:21
TGS, you keep referring to this "Blockade" as if it was designed to keep necessary items for health, welfare, etc., from reaching Gaza!

As you should well know, this is the furtherest thing from the truth! It is a "blockade" designed to keep arms, ammumnition, and other military supplies from reaching the terrorists within Gaza!

All humanitarian aid is allowed!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 08:58

Maybe, They did not foresee this blood bath.

Yeah Mortaza they do have the right to defend themsleves, bringing a club to a gun fight though, not a great idea.

Totally agree. But who can guess such gun fight.

But the question still remains. This blockade has been for 3 years, why this one, why now?

Well, my nationals are a little horny. Maybe this is reason. Infact, we should as why 3 years people just watch it? But I do not think, this is first time israel kill a civilian.

Difference is this time israel killed at international waters and killed turkish citizens.(a country which had some power) If murdered people were arab, still world will not just care them..

As you should well know, this is the furtherest thing from the truth! It is a "blockade" designed to keep arms, ammumnition, and other military supplies from reaching the terrorists within Gaza!

clubs and knifes? This is what they found at mavi marmara. I am sure, Hamas can find a lot of knife and club without others help..

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 09:32
Dear Mortaza, you wrote;

"As you should well know, this is the furtherest thing from the truth! It is a "blockade" designed to keep arms, ammumnition, and other military supplies from reaching the terrorists within Gaza!"

You wrote; "clubs and knifes? This is what they found at mavi marmara. I am sure, Hamas can find a lot of knife and club without others help.."

You are not being realistic! Without searching the passengers and cargo, just how would Israel know if weapons were part of the shipments!

After all, these ship "knowingly" ran from the Israeli authorities, refused to stop, and allow boarding! These are the very acts that would be used by any group trying to smuggle weapons into Gaza! They, in fact, made themselves a target, with deliberation, and fore-sight! Perhaps some of them wanted to be martyrs? Some of them, it seems, made it!

You cannot doubt that the leaders of this expedition knew of the rules and the hazards for failure to comply! But, they did it anyway!

They were either very brave of very foolish, perhaps a little of both?

When one is confronted by a pride of hungry Lions, it probably will not do much good to throw sticks and stones!

In this case both sides lost!

Regards,
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 10:22
You are not being realistic! Without searching the passengers and cargo, just how would Israel know if weapons were part of the shipments!

So you are telling me that after searching passengers Israel would let them to go ? do you realy believe it? or can you find anyone who can believe this?

After all, these ship "knowingly" ran from the Israeli authorities, refused to stop, and allow boarding!

Just guess why?

These are the very acts that would be used by any group trying to smuggle weapons into Gaza!

Yup, So maybe Israel should want a neutral part for searching. You know israel is not much trustable..

They, in fact, made themselves a target, with deliberation, and fore-sight!

They did not made themselves target, Israel soldiers targeted them..

Perhaps some of them wanted to be martyrs? Some of them, it seems, made it!

Perhaps some of israel soldiers wanted to kill them. Some of them, It seems, made it. At least, 9 of them.

You cannot doubt that the leaders of this expedition knew of the rules and the hazards for failure to comply! But, they did it anyway!

Indeed. So You should ask yourself why?

When one is confronted by a pride of hungry Lions, it probably will not do much good to throw sticks and stones!

So because, Israel is hungry lion, People should bow her like a sheep?

Maybe, some people have some honor to refuse bowing a hungry lion or an evil wolf? Maybe that was israel mistake, choosing to force for every problem.

In this case both sides lost!

Yep but I think a third side gain a little.(Maybe not much) Anyway, aim of flotilla is to help that third side.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 10:38
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Please answer these questions.
  • Hey Cyrus, do you also use Nazi German sources to study World War II.
  • Do you use Iranian regime sources regarding the 2009 uprisings/Green Movement (according to the Iranian government they were terrorists, and the Basiji's used self defense when they killed protesters).
  • Do you use Chinese government sources to study the Tienanmen Massacre?
  • Do you use Hamas sources to study the Israeli Palestinian conflict?
  • Do you use Soviet sources to study Soviet history?
Thanks.
I don't know what you exactly mean, it is clear that the primary sources are better, do you expect that I use anti-X sources to study X history? or should I use unrelated sources?! For example we can use Afghan sources to study Aztec history!!!
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 10:55
What I belive TGS is getting at that you can not complain about using Israeli Sources to study or understand Israel. Just as it is relavent to use sources from Nazi Germany to study the Nazis. This is of course in addition to using say non Israeli sources to study Israel and non Nazi Germany Source for Nazi Germany. One must use, study, examine and weigh all sources relavent to the topic and argument, irrespective of who made them. Everyone needs to be considered. Some are better than others, but if TGS decides to use Israeli material he is entirely within his right to do so. All must be bornewith a pinch of salt though.

So you are telling me that after searching passengers Israel would let them to go ? do you realy believe it? or can you find anyone who can believe this?

Yes.....thats how it works....if they arent carrying contraband then they get let go and canproceed on their way. Its a rather simple concept.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 11:40
As DW said;
"Yes.....thats how it works....if they arent carrying contraband then they get let go and canproceed on their way. Its a rather simple concept."

Ditto for me! It is a part of the KISS system . But, if upon a close inspection of the passengers and their papers, it is determined that a pax is also a terrorist member, then I might expect Israel to either expell them or keep them prisoner!

Keep It Simple Stupid!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jun-2010 at 11:43
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 15:48
Originally posted by opuslola

TGS, you keep referring to this "Blockade" as if it was designed to keep necessary items for health, welfare, etc., from reaching Gaza!

All humanitarian aid is allowed!

Oh you again? Well since you are uninformed (as usual) the blockade includes food, medical supplies, building materials, etc...  it is not limited to weapons. For example, pasta was banned from entering Gaza until John Kerry found out and urged the Israeli's to let pasta in.

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I don't know what you exactly mean, it is clear that the primary sources are better, do you expect that I use anti-X sources to study X history? or should I use unrelated sources?! For example we can use Afghan sources to study Aztec history!!!

You do know that soldiers have to say whatever they are told while serving in the military right? Furthermore, my point is that you wouldnt take the word of a Nazi regarding the events of WWII would you (for example, if a Nazi said that the Jews were killed because they were terrorists)? Of course not, so why would you use an Israeli source as a means to understand what happened during the hijacking of the ship?

AND ONCE AGAIN, NO ONE ON BOARD THE BOATS WAS A TERRORIST AND THERE WERE NO WEAPONS ON THE BOAT. ISRAEL IS LYING ABOUT BOTH OF THESE IN ORDER TO GET AWAY WITH YET ANOTHER CRIME.

----------------------------------

Israel routinely prevents humanitarian aid from going into Gaza. The UN estimates that what is allowed to get into Gaza is only around 60% of demand and that peoples livelihoods (farmers and fishermen specifically) have been ruined by the blockade.

Most Gazans, as a result of Israeli war crimes, are destitute and do not know where their next meal is coming from.

Gaza has been turned into one big GHETTO (remember how the Nazi's also put people into ghettos?).

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 02-Jun-2010 at 15:53
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 22:46
Yes.....thats how it works....if they arent carrying contraband then they get let go and canproceed on their way. Its a rather simple concept.

Guys be serious. DeadYou are making argument unnecessary and absurd.(If this is not your aim just give up)

If Israel gave permission for humanatirian help, We will not see this flotilla(do you think, this flotilla is for arming Hamas? Weird, because ısrael couldnt find weapon).  Or why do you think this flotilla tried to went gaza? Are you aware of the situation of gaza? Or we will begin from beginning of gaza wars or Adam? are you living in this world?

Anyway, what type of weapon israel find? clubs and knifes(most probably used for eating)? Wow. Lucky israel, If They did not occupy this ship,Hamas would destroy israel with clubs and knifes.(Cutting and eating israel?)

their papers, it is determined that a pax is also a terrorist member, then I might expect Israel to either expell them or keep them prisoner!

So tell me why didnt israel keep them prisoner. why did israel censored all happened at ship(like destroying camera of reporter.

Or why israel refused a just court? Let me tell you, because they know they are guilty and they know they are not a country but a terrorist group.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>