Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaza flotilla activists or terrorists?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaza flotilla activists or terrorists?
    Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 00:14
You are confusing the acts of Christains with the Christain religion. The differnce is when say Germany does something, they don't do it in the name of Christ.

So you do.

Muslims called every war as jihad(Includes war against other muslims too.)

There is not crusades in islam or organized war for religion or Inquisition.(All for the name of christ and under the hand of church)

mosques did not tried to build an army for war or they tried to began a witch hunt.

Night Crawler View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Night Crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 01:09
The diff is that we are taking about somethings that Christians did 300-1000 years ago compared to what Islamic groups are doing today.

I am not saying Christains didn't to horrible things in Gods name--However that was centuries ago. This is the 20th century and Muslims are killing in Gods name today.

Jihad is more thne a war--and when is the last time there was a crusade-- Thta is the problem for you apolgist you want to talk about the actions of Christains 1,000 years ago to justify what Islamic terrorist are doing today. That is why there will never be peace in the ME-You have to let go.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 07:41
George W. Bush said that the "War on Terror" was a Crusade:

The word crusade was used by US President George W. Bush first on the day of the September 11, 2001 attacks, quoted below, and on the national day of mourning which honored the death of the 3,000 victims of the attacks. He said that "this crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."[1].

George Bush also claimed that god spoke to him and told him to invade Iraq:

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

--------------------------------

I'm not trying to be an apologist for any religion or any one, I personally hate religion as a whole. Why I dont like is hearing Christians and Jews, whose religions are also hateful and violent, try to set themselves apart from Islam when in fact they are all the same.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 14-Jun-2010 at 08:10
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 08:08
Once again, it was Iran which prolonged the war, not Iraq. Iraq invaded first, correct, but after 1983, when Iraq had already been pushed out of Iran, Iraq wanted a ceasefire.

It seems as if someone kills one of your relatives and then says "let's stop fighting and make peace instead!!" What do you think about Iranians? A country invades our country, kills several thousands people, destroys our cities and economic resources in Khuzistan, and then wants a ceasefire?!!

Iranians arent racists? Iranians are just as racist as the Arabs are.

None of them are racists, Iranians and Arabs, like other peoples love their nation and country and they have the right to fight against those who invade their country, I can't blame those Iraqi arabs who just bravely defended their country against our army.

Of course there is certainly a big difference between those who fight face to face and those who are terrorists, call me racist if you want but I really hate the second group, if you really think someone has occupied your home then you can go and fight against him/her but if you don't dare to do it, it will be disgraceful, if you kill an innocent one, like his/her child.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 08:14
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It seems as if someone kills one of your relatives and then says "let's stop fighting and make peace instead!!" What do you think about Iranians? A country invades our country, kills several thousands people, destroys our cities and economic resources in Khuzistan, and then wants a ceasefire?!!

First of all, the motive of the Iranian regime to prolong the war was not based on nationalize or wanting to get revenge, it was TO SPREAD THE ISLAMIC REVOLUTION.

Second of all, considering that the last 5 years of the war cost even more Iranian lives and completely destroyed the Iranian economy, yes, stopping the war in 1983 was the right thing to do.

Third of all, revenge is never the answer! Saddam had gotten his ass kicked, his army was destroyed, he was humiliated. If Iran had ended the war in 1983, it would have been on top, with minimal losses. It would have been the smartest decision.

Fourth of all, stopping any war as soon as possible is always the best option!

None of them are racists, Iranians and Arabs, like other peoples love their nation and country and they have the right to fight against those who invade their country, I can't blame those Iraqi arabs who just bravely defended their country against our army.

Both sides are very nationalistic.

Of course there is certainly a big difference between those who fight face to face and those who are terrorists, call me racist if you want but I really hate the second group, if you really think someone has occupied your home then you can go and fight against him/her but if you don't dare to do it, it will be disgraceful, if you kill an innocent one, like his/her child.

I'm not saying you're a racist, what I'm saying is that a lot of your comments regarding Arabs and Islam is rooted in Iranian racism against Arabs and hatred of Islam.

Also, terrorists do fight face to face, hell, they blow themselves up!LOL Where as we're dropping bombs on civilians from 30,000 feet in the air.

Like I said before, give them jets, missiles, UAV's, aircraft carriers, tanks, etc... and they will surely no longer blow themselves up and kill civilians. They are simply using whatever means they have at their disposal. Is it right? Hell no, its wrong, but so is what we are doing. All violence is wrong, whether you kill someone by "conventional means" or by "terrorism".

More innocent people have been killed by "conventional means" than by terrorism.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 14-Jun-2010 at 08:17
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 09:45
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

On the contrary, Christianity and Judaism have been far more violent. Christianity alone has led to the deaths of more people than any other religion. Disregarding everything prior to 1492, since then genocides and atrocities have been committed in the name of Christianity all over the world. The deaths of millions of Native Americans, Asians, and Africans at the hands of Christian nations is well documented since the era of colonialism and imperialism began. All this because Europeans thought they had a superior culture and religion. These nations justified all of their actions through religion, contending that they were simply carrying out gods will.

To be fair this is a massive generalisation and over simplification of events.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 09:47

George W. Bush said that the "War on Terror" was a Crusade:

The word crusade was used by US President George W. Bush first on the day of the September 11, 2001 attacks, quoted below, and on the national day of mourning which honored the death of the 3,000 victims of the attacks. He said that "this crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."[1].

George Bush also claimed that god spoke to him and told him to invade Iraq:

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

--------------------------------

I'm not trying to be an apologist for any religion or any one, I personally hate religion as a whole. Why I dont like is hearing Christians and Jews, whose religions are also hateful and violent, try to set themselves apart from Islam when in fact they are all the same.

To call something a crusade and to use the language of crusading does not make it one. However using such terminology does bring an awful lot of cultural baggage with it.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 09:50

Colonialism and imperialism were all justified by Christianity and had religious undertones and motivations. Slavery was justified by Christian beliefs for example.

Justified by later Christian writers and theologians to justify already existant actions, not by the core doctrines of Christianity itself.

Eg. Christianity itself is pacifistic. Yet St. Augustine provides the case for a justified war, one that is still the basis of our own jus ad bellum of today.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 09:53
Originally posted by Night Crawler

Jihad is more thne a war--and when is the last time there was a crusade-- Thta is the problem for you apolgist you want to talk about the actions of Christains 1,000 years ago to justify what Islamic terrorist are doing today. That is why there will never be peace in the ME-You have to let go.

The problem is that the actions of 1000 years ago are still relavent today in the ME. Saddam after all compared himself to Saladin. It should be let go, but it cant be.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 10:14

First of all, the motive of the Iranian regime to prolong the war was not based on nationalize or wanting to get revenge, it was TO SPREAD THE ISLAMIC REVOLUTION.

There could be different motives, some were nationalists and some other ones were religionists or revolutionists but the fact is that in 1983 they were Iranians who had been killed in a large number and there were just Iranian cities which had been destroyed, we had just regained Khorramshahr with very high casualties, it was clear that no one wanted to end the war in this situation in Iran.

Second of all, considering that the last 5 years of the war cost even more Iranian lives and completely destroyed the Iranian economy, yes, stopping the war in 1983 was the right thing to do.

It was not predictable what would happen, a country invaded and captured a large part of our country, almost the whole oil-rich province of Khuzistan, you can still see the destructions caused by this invasion in the first years of the war in this region, I think Iranians would certainly reproach themselves, if they ended the war with just their own casualties.

Third of all, revenge is never the answer! Saddam had gotten his ass kicked, his army was destroyed, he was humiliated. If Iran had ended the war in 1983, it would have been on top, with minimal losses. It would have been the smartest decision.

But I think other countries also dared to attack Iran and capture parts of this country.

Fourth of all, stopping any war as soon as possible is always the best option!

So it would be better that we ended the war in the first year when we had lost Khuzistan, yes?

I'm not saying you're a racist, what I'm saying is that a lot of your comments regarding Arabs and Islam is rooted in Iranian racism against Arabs and hatred of Islam

A persian proverb says "A snake bitten man is afraid of a black and white rope".

Also, terrorists do fight face to face, hell, they blow themselves up!LOL Where as we're dropping bombs on civilians from 30,000 feet in the air.

Like I said before, give them jets, missiles, UAV's, aircraft carriers, tanks, etc... and they will surely no longer blow themselves up and kill civilians. They are simply using whatever means they have at their disposal. Is it right? Hell no, its wrong, but so is what we are doing. All violence is wrong, whether you kill someone by "conventional means" or by "terrorism".

More innocent people have been killed by "conventional means" than by terrorism.
As I said above, there are different motives, someone has all things that you mentioned but doesn't kill anyone and his/her motive is to defend himself/herself but another one just want to kill with any means, even if he/she loses his/her own life, if you give a weapon to this brainwashed person, then no one with different belief will be safe.
For example India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons but you can give some of them to Iran and see what will happen, of course nothing in the Iranian view, just some million Kafirs will be killed and the world will be prepared for the coming of Al Mahdi.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 16:35

There could be different motives, some were nationalists and some other ones were religionists or revolutionists but the fact is that in 1983 they were Iranians who had been killed in a large number and there were just Iranian cities which had been destroyed, we had just regained Khorramshahr with very high casualties, it was clear that no one wanted to end the war in this situation in Iran.

No, Khomeini said that his intentions were to spread the Islamic Revolution and overthrow Saddam.

It was not predictable what would happen, a country invaded and captured a large part of our country, almost the whole oil-rich province of Khuzistan, you can still see the destructions caused by this invasion in the first years of the war in this region, I think Iranians would certainly reproach themselves, if they ended the war with just their own casualties.

Thats just nationalistic nonsense. The Iranian government is completely at fault for the destruction it brought about on Iran after 1983.

So it would be better that we ended the war in the first year when we had lost Khuzistan, yes?

No, I mean after Iraq had been pushed out. SELF DEFENSE IS OK, but after we had pushed Iraq out of our territory, we should have accepted Saddam's ceasefire.

As I said above, there are different motives, someone has all things that you mentioned but doesn't kill anyone and his/her motive is to defend himself/herself but another one just want to kill with any means, even if he/she loses his/her own life, if you give a weapon to this brainwashed person, then no one with different belief will be safe.

Everyone is brainwashed to a certain degree. You wont believe the nutjobs that we have in the United States with power over our military. Heck, George W Bush was our commander and chief for 8 years and he was a moron. In less than 5 years he killed over one million people and destroyed this country's economy.

For example India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons but you can give some of them to Iran and see what will happen, of course nothing in the Iranian view, just some million Kafirs will be killed and the world will be prepared for the coming of Al Mahdi.

You really think Iran would use nuclear weapons, on what grounds?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 17:07
Well, after reading the above responses of TGS, we can conclude one thing!

We can conclude that TGS is an Iranian American, who hates America, and Iran! His critisms cover all bounds!

He is neither Iranian nor American, but he is surely Communnistic, or if you prefer, a "Progressive!"

It seems also clear that he is but recently removed from higher education, or even perhaps, he is still involved in College?

I tend to follow the later!

More than likely he is encompassed upon some highly liberal and thus Progressive campus, probably in the West! Perhaps even Berkely?

But, nowdays kooks like him and the polluted professors who now proliferate at almost all college campi, can also possess a number of their students! Thus it seems that TGS is so taken!

But, I could well be entirely wrong?

How about it TGS, please tell us something about your self?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 17:19
Originally posted by opuslola

Well, after reading the above responses of TGS, we can conclude one thing!

We can conclude that TGS is an Iranian American, who hates America, and Iran! His critisms cover all bounds!

He is neither Iranian nor American, but he is surely Communnistic, or if you prefer, a "Progressive!"

It seems also clear that he is but recently removed from higher education, or even perhaps, he is still involved in College?

I tend to follow the later!

More than likely he is encompassed upon some highly liberal and thus Progressive campus, probably in the West! Perhaps even Berkely?

But, nowdays kooks like him and the polluted professors who now proliferate at almost all college campi, can also possess a number of their students! Thus it seems that TGS is so taken!

But, I could well be entirely wrong?

How about it TGS, please tell us something about your self?

Regards,

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 17:22
Thanks so much for your response! I can merely guess that I was close to being correct!

Good Nite!

Regards,

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2010 at 23:52
TheGreatSimba, I think opuslola is right, you not only hate American and Iranian goverments but almost all other states, someone who reads your posts can easily understand that you can't even hide your obvious support of terrorism and other chaotic dysfunctions, of course you probably condemn some terrorist attacks (just because you see all other ones do the same) but you will also condemn governmental actions against them!!
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 03:03

Colonialism and imperialism were all justified by Christianity and had religious undertones and motivations. Slavery was justified by Christian beliefs for example.

False! Colonialism was justified not in the name of Jesus, but in the name of GOLD. Conquistadors seek for gold and new territory. The were fanatic Christians, but their behaviour toward natives wasn`t religious motivаted and was anathematized from official Catholic church. Remind about Dominican priest Bartolomé de Las Casas and many other. Our knowledge about Mayan script is based on works of Catholic priest Diego de Landa, who preserved several codex. The church perceive native americans as human beings. They didn`t destroy culture of Central and South Americans. Opposite to this Talibans and Islamist at all used the name of God to defend all their crimes. Not only against humanity, but also against world`s culture and civilization. What happened with Buddhas of Bamyan statue in Afghanistan?

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 15-Jun-2010 at 03:05
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 06:43

TheGreatSimba, I think opuslola is right, you not only hate American and Iranian goverments but almost all other states, someone who reads your posts can easily understand that you can't even hide your obvious support of terrorism and other chaotic dysfunctions, of course you probably condemn some terrorist attacks (just because you see all other ones do the same) but you will also condemn governmental actions against them!!

So because I dont have the same opinions that you and Opuslola have I hate both Iran and the USA? Because I'm not an ultra super fanatic nationalist, I hate both Iran and the USA? I'm glad neither of you are in power, you guys sound like fascists....you'd probably have been imprisoned, tortured, and executed, just like the people you claim to hate. You know Cyrus, you sound a lot like the Mullahs.

The problem with you and Opuslola is that you are both very bitter.

Cyrus, keep blaming everyone else for your problems and the problems of Iran, but the truth is, no one can be blamed but Iranians themselves. Not the USA, not Israel, not the Arabs, not the Indians, not the Aghans, etc... no one but yourselves. Deal with it.

In the USA, people are just as crazy as in Iran.

This is the ultra nationalistic garbage that I hate, whether its in the USA or in Iran, its pointless and childish really. Grow up.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 15-Jun-2010 at 07:02
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 08:44

So because I dont have the same opinions that you and Opuslola have I hate both Iran and the USA? Because I'm not an ultra super fanatic nationalist, I hate both Iran and the USA? I'm glad neither of you are in power, you guys sound like fascists....you'd probably have been imprisoned, tortured, and executed, just like the people you claim to hate. You know Cyrus, you sound a lot like the Mullahs.

The problem with you and Opuslola is that you are both very bitter.

Cyrus, keep blaming everyone else for your problems and the problems of Iran, but the truth is, no one can be blamed but Iranians themselves. Not the USA, not Israel, not the Arabs, not the Indians, not the Aghans, etc... no one but yourselves. Deal with it.

In the USA, people are just as crazy as in Iran.

This is the ultra nationalistic garbage that I hate, whether its in the USA or in Iran, its pointless and childish really. Grow up.

Would you please review your posts in this thread? In the first page you replied to my question:

Yes, I do believe that most governments in the world are terror states.

Is it possible that someone reads it and doesn't think that you hate most governments in the world? In your view, Ultra-nationalists are those ones who don't hate their country, I wonder what you call people who love their country?!
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 13:47
Cyrus wrote;

"Is it possible that someone reads it and doesn't think that you hate most governments in the world? In your view, Ultra-nationalists are those ones who don't hate their country, I wonder what you call people who love their country?!"

Answer, (the most correct! one) ; Ron and Cyrus!, amongst others!

Edited by opuslola - 15-Jun-2010 at 13:48
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 15:19

Yes, I do believe that most governments in the world are terror states.

Is it possible that someone reads it and doesn't think that you hate most governments in the world? In your view, Ultra-nationalists are those ones who don't hate their country, I wonder what you call people who love their country?!

Yes, most governments are terror states and commit acts of terror all the time. The Iranian government, the United States government, the UK government, The French government, etc...

all of them commit horrible acts of terror. You know what Cyrus, since the end of the Bush administration, it is daily being confirmed that the Bush administration actually fabricated evidence to start the Iraq war...That is an act of terror which has led to the deaths of over a million people!

Dont forget that the United States, China, Russia, the UK, France, amongst many others, have been the largest state supporters of terror for the past 60 years!

The difference between me and you too is that I am not blinded by ultra super fanatical nationalism. Your kind lead to destruction and war. Neither Opuslola nor Cyrus can stand a single bit of criticism about the USA or Iran respectively, so the problem isnt with me, its with you two.

Oh and Opuslola, whatever happened to not criticizing your Commander in Chief during war time?

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 15-Jun-2010 at 15:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>