Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim immigration in Scandinavia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim immigration in Scandinavia
    Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 12:16
On topic with Van Mock's question as to how it is in other countries. In the United States, its not Islamic fundamentalism thats the problem, its Christian fundamentalism.Question answered. You can clearly read English, so I suggest you read my post, then I wouldnt have to repeat myself.

How about now we get back on topic. Thanks.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 07-Jun-2010 at 12:32
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 12:35
OK, here is your post;

"Posted: May-28-2010 at 14:20
Frankly, here in the US, Christian radical fundamentalists out number the Muslim fundamentalists, so the problem here in the US isnt the Muslims, its mostly Christian fundamentalists."

So, just what acts of terrorism, or racial discrimination, or public humiliation, or other sorid acts are found to have been committed by Christian fundamentalists, towards the followers of Islam?

Are Christian fundamentalists bombing Mosques?, or are they busy bombing Jewish Temples? Are they attacking Islamic sites around the world? Or are the attacking Jewish ones?

Just what crimes have these hateful Christian fundamentalists supposed to have perpertrated? Have they attacked you personally with hateful remarks? Were you deeply offended?

Just where does your obvious distain for these peaceful, and loving people really derive its origin?

http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 12:41
Originally posted by opuslola

So, just what acts of terrorism, or racial discrimination, or public humiliation, or other sorid acts are found to have been committed by Christian fundamentalists, towards the followers of Islam?

The problem here is in politics mostly. Christian fundamentalists here are very active in destroying the separation of Church and State, and thus turning this country into a theocracy.

Are Christian fundamentalists bombing Mosques?, or are they busy bombing Jewish Temples?

Actually, a mosque was bombed in Florida recently.

Are they attacking Islamic sites around the world? Or are the attacking Jewish ones?

Yes, Christian's are indeed attacking Islamic sites in Iraq for example. And Christian fundamentalists in India attack non-Christian villages all the time, at the urging of the missionaries who go there to convert them.

Here are videos of US troops destroying mosques and laughing about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEJUUfUjYxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO7xwnZA124&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Squ2UezMlO0&feature=related

Christians are no better than Muslims or Jews, and the same goes for the other two. All their religions preach violence and hatred.

Just what crimes have these hateful Christian fundamentalists supposed to have perpertrated? Have they attacked you personally with hateful remarks? Were you deeply offended?

Christian fundamentalists are very active in derailing the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, because they believe Israel has to be continuously at war for Armageddon to happen.

Furthermore, Christian fundamentalists are very active in turning this country into a theocracy.

The latter is what I am most fearful of.

Just where does your obvious distain for these peaceful, and loving people really derive its origin?

They are hardly peaceful people. Where as Muslim extremists use suicide bombings because they lack any conventional power, Christian extremists lobby their governments to use their powerful militaries to kill. I see no difference. Killing is killing.

As a matter of fact, conventional methods kill more innocent people than suicide bombings.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 07-Jun-2010 at 12:45
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 13:03
Gee, I guess I had better raise my next check to Christian Ministries, by a good deal? I had no idea they were successfully killing so many of my enemies?

Why, if I and every other Christian in the world gave more to such entities, then we might well have no enemies left?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 13:05

Gee, I guess I had better raise my next check to Christian Ministries, by a good deal? I had no idea they were successfully killing so many of my enemies?

Why, if I and every other Christian in the world gave more to such entities, then we might well have no enemies left?

I suspect you probably will start donating to one of these radical groups? Ermm

But on a more serious note, I believe killing is killing, no matter what the means are. A bomb dropped for 30,000 feet in the air killing civilians is no different than a suicide bomber sacrificing his life to kill civilians.

The goal is the same, to kill people, the method is different. If the Taleban had missiles, tanks, airplanes, aircraft carriers, etc... do you think they would be resorting to suicide bombings? Absolutely not. Terrorism, whether its committed by non-governmental organizations or nation states is the same, its goals are the same.

But anyways, now we are digressing too far from the actual topic, we should get back on track.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 07-Jun-2010 at 13:08
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 15:45
TGS, wrote these words;

"The problem here is in politics mostly. Christian fundamentalists here are very active in destroying the separation of Church and State, and thus turning this country into a theocracy."

Your attitude is mostly "bunk!"

The great majority of Christians want the Federal Government to stay out of their area of expertise! It is only the movement of persons like your self (TGS) that prompts the Federal Government to consistantly impose its powers "against" religion, especially Christian religions (avoiding mention of the Islamist radical Mosques), and wanting to apply regulations of these Christian churches!

Christians only want to keep what is or had become an over two hundred year period, where the majority of Americans professed to be Christian and saw within the Constitution, that America was certainly founded upon a Judeao/Christian foundation!

Since, it seems TGS, and his ilk, know little or nothing about the real history of religion within the various states of these United States,it becomes obvious that their cries, and wails, are the result of the lack of education,as well as "educational" superiority!

You all have already seen the post made by TGS, promoting such?

But TGS, or should I call him/her St. TGS, wants to return to the topic!

Just who am I to argue that?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 16:01

The great majority of Christians want the Federal Government to stay out of their area of expertise!

I never said the majority of Christians, I said CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALISTS.

Word of advice, its best to read and understand what your opponent is saying before you post, you dont want to look like a fool do you?

It is only the movement of persons like your self (TGS) that prompts the Federal Government to consistantly impose its powers "against" religion, especially Christian religions (avoiding mention of the Islamist radical Mosques), and wanting to apply regulations of these Christian churches!

Hell yea, secularism is great and you're damn right we want to keep it and will defend it! Clap

Hell, I personally wont be satisfied until religion is completely out of government. If you want to be religious or do anything related to religion, thats fine, but religion has no place in government. The root of a lot of the major problems we are facing today is religion.

By the way, most American "Christians" arent even Christian, they just say they are, they break almost every rule in the bible.LOL Thats the way it should be! Secularism!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 07-Jun-2010 at 16:11
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 17:29
Can you define a "Christian Fundamentalist?"

Just how do they differ from a "Christian Non-Fundamentalist?"

Just a simple question!

And, just how do any of them "scare you to death?"

Mostly they love you and pray for you! All of them!

I may be the only one who would pray for you to become unable to type?

My best regards, as always!
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 05:31
Originally posted by eaglecap

TGS please try to focus on this topic. It was tempting to reply to your comment but it is titled Muslim Immigration in scandinavia not the USA please.

It seems Sweden and Norway do have a problem but it does not mean that all the Mulsim immigrants are evil. It is a clash of cultures though and some wil not assimilate easy, others will. I really don't care what one's faith is as long as they can live alongside other beliefs. I wonder if there are any groups in Sweden or Norway like The Islamic Foundation for Democracy, a group I really support. The natives must demand that the government looks at who is arriving whether they are Muslim or non- Muslim and reconsider their immigration policy. They also need to start having children.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2006/03/war-against-swedes.html

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2007/01/sweden-country-that-sacrifices-its.html

These articles really show two sides of the problem.

First it is obvious that these figures are surprising in how extreme the situation has become, with 10-year-olds of each side threatening to kill each other. If these statistics are correct one can only wonder how there aren't more people protesting.

But second we can also see that the author is biased to a degree almost discrediting himself. The refusal of paying taxes until politicians stop muslim immigration is just absurd, and the way he mentions the holocaust is... not a good way of leading an open discussion.

And so it is difficult to distinguish paranoid right-wing theories of people who call themselves "stormviking88"(this one is made up) or whatever can be found on youtube from actual facts.
There is just no way the matter can be adressed in open discussion without any non-biased facts and studies, and if the situation is as bad as it seems the lack thereof is at least confusing.

The situation in America is really different from Europe as especially in Scandinavia organised religion lacks the intense support it has in some American regions.  But in contrast to Islam even American christianity does not aim for expansion. On a side note christian fundamentalism can probably be brought just as far as muslim fundamentalism as seen by the results of the texas curriculum and things like this "christian childrens camp":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STDH14aJVk&feature=related

But I don't know of anything comparable to this from Scandinavia. The expansion of Islam however is for partially financed by the Arabian states. For example in Finland about a dozen mosques were built with money from Saudi Arabia, and with this kind of support they are making good progress, because there is no "religious competition".
Atheism is by nature no institution that organizes against other believes, and so the only ideologies that rival Islam could be islamophobia or nationalism. The former is not far spread, and the latter has proved to be even worse than the original problem.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 12:26
Our future?

A Moslem world?

It could be?

Gee, I am glad that I am an old man!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 15:22
Islamophobe.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 15:45
TGS , actually posted the words from the abve!

"Islamophobe", to, I suppose, describe me?

I just hope TGS has enough space between his ass and his other private parts, to know whereby, over the internet, I intend to place my boot?

Some people, here in the South call this space the "taint!"

"taint" that something?

Edited by opuslola - 08-Jun-2010 at 15:51
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 16:18
Well, you seem to be afraid that someday we may be living in an Islamic world, and that you are glad your too old to see the day. Classic Islamophobia.
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 03:49
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Well, you seem to be afraid that someday we may be living in an Islamic world, and that you are glad your too old to see the day. Classic Islamophobia.

I guess you can sign me up too.
As an atheist I'm quite happy in this rather secular environment and for me
Jehovahs Witnesses and Scientology are already enough without anyone
wanting to stone me to death for hearing music, saying what I think and
having my hair exceed a certain length.

If someone wants to live according to certain principles thats fine, I do that
myself. But I have this old fashioned fondness for democracy and freedom
and would certainly dislike being forced to pray to what appears to me as
incoherent phantasm, as most religions do.

To me this "-phobia" is simply an aversion to people forcing their views on me,
you wont see me running through the streets demanding muslims to
"convert to atheism". And I don't see any reason for being ashamed that
I don't want to be in the same position as the norwegian boy in the first post.
Night Crawler View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Night Crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 04:14

If you immigrate to a country you should try to assimilate--If not why move there. You want to move to a country because quite frankly you are oppressed in your own country--A country is good enough to take you in--Offer you a chance for upward mobility that you would never have in your old country-- Then you want to muck up the new country.

In my book that is just being ungrateful. If you want a fundamentalist state go back home-Don't ruin it for everyone else. Don't ruin it for the natives who built the society. Don't ruin it for the moderate Muslims who want an opportunity to better themselves.

As Chris Rock said== thery are not desperate house wives they are ungrateful !#$%@#%

Edited by Night Crawler - 09-Jun-2010 at 06:49
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 06:04
I am also an atheist, therefore, I dislike all religion all together. However, what makes one an Islamophobe is the same thing that makes one an anti-semite, assumptions that Muslims are planning on taking over the world.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 06:43
"assumptions that Muslims are planning on taking over the world."

Assumptions? Are you kidding? Have you read the "Book?"

The Quran is a plan for world domination!

It is the basis for the entire religion!

I doubt I will receive many posts disputing my claim?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 07:03

"assumptions that Muslims are planning on taking over the world."

Assumptions? Are you kidding? Have you read the "Book?"

The Quran is a plan for world domination!

It is the basis for the entire religion!

I doubt I will receive many posts disputing my claim?

So are the other religions. In Judaism Jews are taught that they are superior to everyone else because they are the chosen few and everyone else is doomed to suffer but them. Both Christianity and Islam preach world domination in terms of spreading their religion and killing non-believers. You are displaying classic signs of Islamophobia.

And I'm 99% sure that you have never even read a page of the Quran.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 09-Jun-2010 at 07:03
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 08:02
Well you would certainly loose a bet on that "boyo!" I like that term, and until recently, I have not seen it in print for a while!

Now, I cannot claim to have read every word of the Quran, but a pretty good slice of it, for sure! I have also read the Book of Morman!, and I wont even mention those books used by Christian Fundamentalists! BAD Books!

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2010 at 08:24
See, now was it really that hard to accept that there are Christian fundamentalists? Frankly, there are millions of them, most notably the Evangelicals. In Europe, they mostly have problems with Islamic fundamentalism because Europeans tend to be less religious. In the USA, its the opposite, Islamic fundamentalism here is negligible, its the tens of millions of Christian fundamentalists thats the problem.

This country is heading in a very bad direction if a man like Mike Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist Minister, was seriously considered for the Republican nomination!

Keep religion out of government. Ministers, priests, rabbi's, and mullahs should not be allowed to run for office, any office!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 09-Jun-2010 at 08:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>