Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Centurion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pytheus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pytheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centurion
    Posted: 04-Apr-2010 at 06:22
New movie opening this month from Dog Soldiers director Neil Marshal. Can't wait.

About Rome's lost legion that went north of Hadrian's Wall  to conquer the Picts and was never heard of again.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2010 at 13:54
It seems that history has a number of like stories! Just how do large numbers of soldiers just go "poof?"

It seems, however that in Egypt one group of like soldiers may have been found, under the sands!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2010 at 12:16
Trailer looks interesting. I hope that they wont screw this movie.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2010 at 15:42
Certainly Mosquito, the avatar you demonstrate, is not you! You must indeed be much younger?

I would guess that you are really about age 26-30?, and not the old man shown as your avatar?

And, how dare you insinuate that Hollywood would "screw" with a movie?

By the way, I think I have really seen your real face! You posted it some years ago!

And, as regards the up-coming movie, here is what Wikipedia has to say'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_IX_Hispana

Just like a lot of the most famous legions, it seems that warriors from Hispania or Catalonia made up this legion!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 07-Apr-2010 at 15:48
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 14:07
Originally posted by opuslola

Certainly Mosquito, the avatar you demonstrate, is not you! You must indeed be much younger?

I would guess that you are really about age 26-30?, and not the old man shown as your avatar?

And, how dare you insinuate that Hollywood would "screw" with a movie?

By the way, I think I have really seen your real face! You posted it some years ago!

And, as regards the up-coming movie, here is what Wikipedia has to say'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_IX_Hispana

Just like a lot of the most famous legions, it seems that warriors from Hispania or Catalonia made up this legion!

Regards,

well I did never say that on this avatar it is me!!!!! Really now im 35. On the picture i might be younger as Im member of this forum for really long time.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 14:24
LAUGH! Yes, I figured out it was not you but it is very apt! Especially considering the history of this site! And, as well our current problems with "Big Brother" in Washington! Most of them, are I am afraid, way too much like TGS and his fellows!

That is they would squelch our freedom of speech in a second if they really gain power, such as within the Supreme Court! Aaagh!

Maybe I will not live to see it? And, under "Obama Care" I well might not! cough!

So, just whom is the "bugger" in your avatar?

Regards,
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 14:41
Originally posted by opuslola

LAUGH! Yes, I figured out it was not you but it is very apt! Especially considering the history of this site! And, as well our current problems with "Big Brother" in Washington! Most of them, are I am afraid, way too much like TGS and his fellows!

That is they would squelch our freedom of speech in a second if they really gain power, such as within the Supreme Court! Aaagh!

Maybe I will not live to see it? And, under "Obama Care" I well might not! cough!

So, just whom is the "bugger" in your avatar?

Regards,

For many years I had different avatar but around 2006 i felt into conflict with evil german/danish/muslim administration of the forum. I did ciriticised the fact that some of the moderators are taking part in very hot discussions, insulting other members and provoking them to angry behaviour and next banning them from the forum because they have behaved exactly in the same way as mods. I have criticised it openly on the board and i was making laugh of the whole administration (except Cyrus). For some reasons i was treated by them in better way than others (maybe because I was one of the oldest members of the forum) and they didnt give me bann but were deleting or editing my posts. I was prtesting against all the injust banns and that is why I used avatar of the gagged guy with "free speech" poster. After Cyrus has kicked out all the bad guys from administration and invited me back I just didnt care for changing avatar. Thats all story.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 14:50
Topic: Warning issued to Mosquito
    Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 09:43
After having received an informal warning, he continued to post his appeal contrary to the Code of Conduct.

V. Complaints about staff actions

We no longer directly seek to elicit public opinion on matters regarding violations, as only moderators may post in the "edicts" forum. An appeal to staff actions must be made to a forum administrator through Private Messaging.
Topic: Mosquito has been banned
    Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:40

Mosquito has been banned for violating the following AE code of conduct not remembering his previous temporary suspension history:

2. Spam: Spam is defined as irrelevant, wrongly placed, or redundant messages posted for attention in the Forum or sent via PM as unsolicited mail. Spam will be deleted from the forum, and constitutes a violation of use. Posting under multiple user-names by an individual member is also considered as spamming.

3.Trolling; Trolling is the act of posting witty, response-provoking comments that appear relevant in order to disrupt the discussion, annoy or create attention. Trolling can also be considered as Spam, inflammatory remarks, or annoyance.

refer to the following link:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14904

After allowing his slights for some time, this member continued to mock, ridicule and disagree with AE policy. Mosquito's banning was due to this cummulative effect culminated by this recent example.

Moderators tend to give out warnings and bans when a member is guilty of inappropriate posting. Keep in mind that moderators have the power to terminate a membership at any time. There exists a subjective element in such judegments too. Administration may overturn a moderator's decision if the Administration agrees with reasons for an appeal.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 14:53
Yes, from what little I have been able to ascertain by investigating a lot of the earlier posts on this site, and also by seeing the same (tyrants?) on the split site, I have some feeling that there was an intense battle of the Gods, so to speak! After all, some of them had 3000, 4000, 5000, 8,000 and more posts!

And, Mosquito, here is the most telling post after your ban!

"AE Moderators, reconsider the opinion...
Firstly, I think you are being too strict about this. Yes, he was being slightly offensive, and his use of "stupid" was not nice... but isn't that what history is about? History is not just simple records about whether the info in too biased, or too emotional, or just being annoying. That's what history is. It's like a diary. History is not just about historical events and universal opinions, but it also contains violence, hatred, passion, romance, peace, greed and other ugly things that our politicians are trying to hide these days.
Western Civilization values the freedom of speech. Just because Mosquito was being offensive towards this forum does not mean you have the right to just throw him off. (You have the power to do so, but is it morally right?) He is not simply listing hatred messages, he is actually reasoning it. What happened to our Age of Reason? Just because one writes about ideas that is resentful does not mean he should be banned.
Many kingdoms and empires declined and disappeared because the monarchs banned the people with different ideas. It does not solve the problem. One or more warning is not enough. Why don't you talk about this? If he thinks it's a stupid rule, why not ask why it's stupid... and arrange an agreement? We are all different for a reason, and some simply solve the problem by eliminating the enemy souls. This is the reason why we have wars. This is the reason why Jews and Palestine exchange gunfights in the border. This is the reason why millions of Jews died. This is the reason why there are many banned people in this forum.
I beg you to reconsider this matter. For sake of you, for sake of mosquito, and for sake of the survival of this forum
From,
pekau"

I seem to like "Pekau!"

It must almost be an "Ego" thing? But, of course, I also have over 1000 posts!!!! Ergo, I am also a "big shot!" Laugh!

If you ever get to the Gulf Coast (MS) look me up! I am "the man in a high castle"! A famous book, by Phillip K. Dick!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 08-Apr-2010 at 15:06
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 15:00
Well, in the old AE forum most of oldest members just left because had enough of admins and mods who became a clique. I was myself banned. Read the posts from the link that was backing my ban. Its a clear evidence how the old AE was run.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2010 at 19:30
Clique? How cliche! laugh!

I am most glad that "freedom of speech" is more respected here!!!

Other-wise, I would be "Gone!"   

Regards, as always!
 Post Reply Post Reply